Survivor Survivor Season 6: Fans vs Favorites vs Fumblers (And the winner is...ajhockeystar!)

the only reason you got voted MK007 was because we thought cleo would be fine voting an obvious ftc threat instead of siding with them plus you had previous connections and you seemed mad at us. In hindsight you were the better person to talk to but hindsight is hindsight. Laurel himself didn't really want to vote you out after you had a chat with him and whydon and i can vouch for that.

ajhockeystar

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I did not play dishonest. If anything, I played too honest, and thats why I came off as harsh sometimes. I spoke my feelings and my thoughts. There are several people who I didn't tell a single lie too. The lies I told, to people like AJ about how he beat me in the immunity challenge, were honestly minute. Then there was another white lie I remember, I said we were voting Mari when our target was actually Inferno because I was scared of an idol, that was a game move. I didn't lie to Cleo nor Inferno before the blindside. I didn't even lie to Inferno when we voted him out, I wanted to work with him at F10 but I didn't want Whydon to get suspicious and flip on me. I got blindsided and had to react.
I don't know about you being honest. You also admit to have lied about knowing about blue's plan to get Drookez. There was another incident in F6 where you lied to me. Drookez was telling me earlier that you talked to him (it's the logs you posted earlier), and later you told me that nobody wanted to talk to you and so I was the first person you had talked to that tribal council. That's already multiple lies you told me, who knows how many you told others?

One thing that I want to point out again, is that this was my first survivor game. AJ had the chance to learn from his mistakes and previous games, and I had to learn from my mistakes in this game. What I was able to do, was leverage those mistakes, and turn them into opportunities. Thats not to say AJ's game didn't still have flaws.

From what Drookez said, AJ tried to eliminate Cleo several times but he never had the chance. AJ could have won any of the challenges later in the game to get me voted out which would have resulted in an easier F3 as OM would have been eliminated in this scenario as well. AJ should have saved his idol for F5 incase OM and Cleo turned on him. AJ had no control in the game after the first tribe swap. If you and Whydon didn't have beef, he gets voted out in Ragmatho's spot. None of the targets early were what AJ wanted, they were what I wanted. He constantly leaned on me for strategy and when he saw Jalmont was voted out of Falcon's he leaned on me even more.

AJ played a great game, thats why he is here, and thats why I'm here too, but he certainly made mistakes. Also the deathly afraid of rocks thing.. that was what I said about him, I don't know how thats a strength for him. It showed his paranoia. If he was truly playing the middle he would have never had to be scared of rocks because "he could have flipped at any moment" in reality, he was not going to flip on me, I was his strategical insight for a long time and he knows that.

In summary, yes we both played great games, I'm going to be bias and say I played mine better because I had to deal with being on the defensive which AJ never had to do. My game had many more dimensions too. Despite being seen as a huge threat early on, I managed to survive until the very end. My allies were picked off, and I fended for myself. Part of the reason AJ's game was so easy was because he had a loyal sheep. Sort of reminds me of Chrissy.... again, with Ryan. Loyal. Sheep.
As for the first paragraph, I must repeat this again:

"I also want to mention - Laurel keeps saying how I was able to learn from my past mistakes, and he had to learn on the fly. Just like in real survivor when there are new and old contestants, there's advantages and disadvantages to each. You were able to use the fact that people didn't know much about you to not try as hard on the challenges to help make yourself seem like less of a challenge threat. I, on the other hand, had that label from previous games, and had to work around it. Moreover, everyone knew I was with Drookez, since last time (and in other games, generally) we are inseparable. Despite this, I was still able to separate myself enough from him so that people thought he was closer to Cleo, and so that people didn't assume my vote was worth 2."

From what Drookez said, AJ tried to eliminate Cleo several times but he never had the chance.
I didn't "try" to eliminate Cleo until F4. If I did, my vote would have been against him.

AJ could have won any of the challenges later in the game to get me voted out which would have resulted in an easier F3 as OM would have been eliminated in this scenario as well.
But I didn't want you voted out?

AJ should have saved his idol for F5 incase OM and Cleo turned on him.
I didn't need it since I knew OM wanted me, him, and Drookez to go to the end.

AJ had no control in the game after the first tribe swap. If you and Whydon didn't have beef, he gets voted out in Ragmatho's spot.
a) The target was RODAN. b) You can't say "if you and Whydon didn't have beef" as a legitimate argument. It was the situation of the game and I played to it.

None of the targets early were what AJ wanted, they were what I wanted. He constantly leaned on me for strategy and when he saw Jalmont was voted out of Falcon's he leaned on me even more.
I was okay with any of the targets we had planned as the vote. I didn't want to pick as I didn't want it to seem like I was the leader or had control. That was my strategy, and I definitely did not lean on you ever. I don't see how Jalmont getting voted out of Falcon made it so I leaned on you more at all.

ajhockeystar

ajhockeystar Please continue with the truth serum, who did you sheep for 4+ votes? This person even asked you who you wanted to go for and you would defer and let them pick.
"I was okay with any of the targets we had planned as the vote. I didn't want to pick as I didn't want it to seem like I was the leader or had control. That was my strategy, and I definitely did not lean on you ever."

ajhockeystar

I don't know if this part is true. I believe OM was most likely to win and thats why we voted him out.

I want to say this, I believe both myself and AJ played a good game.

If you want to vote the person who played the middle and has survivor experience you'll pick AJ.

If you want to pick newcomer and the underdog who didn't give up with his back against the wall you'll pick me.

We both had different strategies. I was aggressive early on while AJ took a backseat. I wanted to make flashy plays, AJ wanted to keep quiet. I think its is a matter of preference.

I've always been a fan of the underdog and thats why I was always going to bet on myself at this final tribal.
I honestly don't know what your "flashy plays" were. In terms of "plays", the only one you really had was using Whydon's idol. Otherwise it was just you winning immunities, which don't get me wrong is great, but I wouldn't classify them as "big plays", just challenge prowess.

the only reason you got voted MK007 was because we thought cleo would be fine voting an obvious ftc threat instead of siding with them plus you had previous connections and you seemed mad at us. In hindsight you were the better person to talk to but hindsight is hindsight. Laurel himself didn't really want to vote you out after you had a chat with him and whydon and i can vouch for that.
MK007 BLESS UP MAN. I TOLD YOU I SAY THE TRUTH.

I didn't want you gone man. Its the truth. Dude we opened up with each other, I wanted to play this game with you.

When I picked AJ over Cleo, I knew I was going to need your vote. I bet on myself that I could earn it.

Why? Because I wanted to play this game with you. We had a heart to heart and I was ready... my allies just didn't think it was the correct move. Yeah I had my social blunders, but I had real genuine conversations with the people in this game that meant a lot more than Survivor.

ajhockeystar

Who knows if AJ ever makes it if Drookez was actually trying to pull the trigger this game.
You keep bringing up hypotheticals like this in your posts that result in me going home, or you being put in a better position. Fact of the matter is that I knew Drookez was going to stick with me, and that's why I played with him like how I did. You can't discredit me for a situation I was able to put myself in.

You keep bringing up hypotheticals like this in your posts that result in me going home, or you being put in a better position. Fact of the matter is that I knew Drookez was going to stick with me, and that's why I played with him like how I did. You can't discredit me for a situation I was able to put myself in.
I'm not discrediting you, I'm just saying having a sheep makes the game easier. The difference is the people who were voting with me were in the game to win it, they were going to take shots at me down the stretch.

In summary, its not your fault that Drookez followed you, it just limits the "greatness" of your performance, you didn't have to try hard and take risks like I did because you always had a second vote in your pocket. I think many of the people on the jury could be in your position if they had someone following them every stage of the game.

Its like diving difficulty. You can't score 100 points because your dive wasn't 100 difficulty. Your dive was 90 difficulty and maybe you got an 88. My dive was 100 difficult and maybe I got a 92. Yeah it wasn't perfect, but I had to do something much harder, and at the end, I got a higher score.

Anyway, I’ve asked most of the questions I need to at this point. Sorry AJ, but there isn’t really much so needed to ask you. Your game was a little more visible to me than Laurel given that you ended up on the opposite side from me simply because that was how things turned out. I ended up on the opposite side as Laurel because I didn’t trust him.

Both of you played amazing games. You both had strong aspects and you both made your mistakes, and if you were sitting next to anyone else, either of you could have won

Thank you for your answers. I have yet to decide which one of will get my vote and I will continue to consider you answers to other’s questions in that choice. Good luck to you both

I honestly don't know what your "flashy plays" were. In terms of "plays", the only one you really had was using Whydon's idol. Otherwise it was just you winning immunities, which don't get me wrong is great, but I wouldn't classify them as "big plays", just challenge prowess.
I went over my plays in an earlier post. It started with the Fans first vote of the game when we blindsided Aaronboyer and it goes from there.

Anyway, I’ve asked most of the questions I need to at this point. Sorry AJ, but there isn’t really much so needed to ask you. Your game was a little more visible to me than Laurel given that you ended up on the opposite side from me simply because that was how things turned out. I ended up on the opposite side as Laurel because I didn’t trust him.

Both of you played amazing games. You both had strong aspects and you both made your mistakes, and if you were sitting next to anyone else, either of you could have won

Thank you for your answers. I have yet to decide which one of will get my vote and I will continue to consider you answers to other’s questions in that choice. Good luck to you both
Thank you kindly.

I hope you were able to read BlueDooms posts #397 about that it was my intention to work with you but I didn't have the opportunity.

Here it is:

even if we did talk to drookez, he never told us anything lol.

Also yeah we were gonna stab laurel at 6/5 because no way i win an ftc when people think he's running everything but saying that he had no control in the early game is a disservice to his game since his allies only wanted to stab him late game. I think aj thinking he had full control in the game is false especially post merge, there was a real possibility of him getting voted out after viper, which was being discussed in the fans chat, and had it not been for mk pulling strings and convincing cleo and inferno that me/whydon/laurel/trace were a strong block(i barely talked to him and laurel was hyped about working with the fans) there was a real possibility of sending aj packing in the next few tcs.

ajhockeystar

So you've got your pick to win.

When I spoke I was nothing but honest with you (even if my honesty was based on lies I was fed). Obviously, I didn't deliver the best message at first but I didn't go around your back, I told you exactly what I thought. AJ masked his real feelings, he pretended like he was cool with you just to watch you die.

That doesn't sound like a friend to me.
I didn't hide anything from him. I always told him the truth about what I was doing, even when I was voting against him or the people he was working with. We were still able to talk about our lives to each other normally, and so that proves that we are still able to be friends despite this.

I didn't hide anything from him. I always told him the truth about what I was doing, even when I was voting against him or the people he was working with. We were still able to talk about our lives to each other normally, and so that proves that we are still able to be friends despite this.
How did you tell him the truth about what you were doing? The reason Ragmatho was voted out wasn't because you pivoted it from MK, its because thats who I said I wanted at the time. You let me control the early game votes (and the votes that I didn't control early, were from Blue + Whydon and I wasn't going to step on my closest allies).

I wanted MK in the game at that point because he seemed like a better ally than someone quiet and AFK.

ajhockeystar

I'm not discrediting you, I'm just saying having a sheep makes the game easier. The difference is the people who were voting with me were in the game to win it, they were going to take shots at me down the stretch.

In summary, its not your fault that Drookez followed you, it just limits the "greatness" of your performance, you didn't have to try hard and take risks like I did because you always had a second vote in your pocket. I think many of the people on the jury could be in your position if they had someone following them every stage of the game.
It doesn't make it easier when everyone knows the sheep is mine. Heck, last game I had Drookez and Hannah and still managed to lose. Everyone knew I working with Drookez, everyone knew I had 2 votes. I was able to successfully distance myself from him enough and make sure I seemed like I wasn't too big of a threat with him beside me to get me to this point.

ajhockeystar

How did you tell him the truth about what you were doing? The reason Ragmatho was voted out wasn't because you pivoted it from MK, its because thats who I said I wanted at the time. You let me control the early game votes (and the votes that I didn't control early, were from Blue + Whydon and I wasn't going to step on my closest allies).

I wanted MK in the game at that point because he seemed like a better ally than someone quiet and AFK.
I always told him the truth about what was going on. I leaked the Rag vote to him, and I told him of the two times I voted against him post merge. Also- it was a group decision, not just yours. If it wasn't Rag, I definitely would have campaigned otherwise.

ajhockeystar

ajhockeystar

compare notes with laurel's hypothetical's featuring you

do you think your relationship was that strong?

what is your take on laurel's actions featuring you?

Drookez

ok wow I see how it is.
I definitely think he overplayed it a bit. I do consider him my friend, and I want to continue it after this game for sure! But in-game, as Drookez mentioned, I definitely would've felt comfortable voting out if need be. Fact of the matter was that I wanted him to stay in, and so he did.

And OM room what actions do you specifically mean? He had a long speech so I'm not sure what you're referencing.

I don't know about you being honest. You also admit to have lied about knowing about blue's plan to get Drookez. There was another incident in F6 where you lied to me. Drookez was telling me earlier that you talked to him (it's the logs you posted earlier), and later you told me that nobody wanted to talk to you and so I was the first person you had talked to that tribal council. That's already multiple lies you told me, who knows how many you told others?

As for the first paragraph, I must repeat this again:

"I also want to mention - Laurel keeps saying how I was able to learn from my past mistakes, and he had to learn on the fly. Just like in real survivor when there are new and old contestants, there's advantages and disadvantages to each. You were able to use the fact that people didn't know much about you to not try as hard on the challenges to help make yourself seem like less of a challenge threat. I, on the other hand, had that label from previous games, and had to work around it. Moreover, everyone knew I was with Drookez, since last time (and in other games, generally) we are inseparable. Despite this, I was still able to separate myself enough from him so that people thought he was closer to Cleo, and so that people didn't assume my vote was worth 2."

I didn't "try" to eliminate Cleo until F4. If I did, my vote would have been against him.

But I didn't want you voted out?

I didn't need it since I knew OM wanted me, him, and Drookez to go to the end.

a) The target was RODAN. b) You can't say "if you and Whydon didn't have beef" as a legitimate argument. It was the situation of the game and I played to it.

I was okay with any of the targets we had planned as the vote. I didn't want to pick as I didn't want it to seem like I was the leader or had control. That was my strategy, and I definitely did not lean on you ever. I don't see how Jalmont getting voted out of Falcon made it so I leaned on you more at all.
As I mentioned, if I didn't tell you I didn't know about the Drookez vote, you wouldn't have worked with me after. That isn't dishonesty at its core, thats a game play.

Drookez said you did try and take shots at Cleo but he didn't let you. Does this mean Drookez is lying?

Its important to use hypotheticals because the entire game changes if the idol can't be replayed from Drookez to Cleo. Im showing my strategy and how I had the game figured out. I was put in a really unlucky situation and had to make due.

Jalmont being voted out made you lean on me more because you had 1 less favorite. Nobody on the jury has said you were asking them "whats the plan" which just further reiterates that you were using me as a crutch.

You weren't really in a position where you were running the tribe until F9 and thats the truth.

It doesn't make it easier when everyone knows the sheep is mine. Heck, last game I had Drookez and Hannah and still managed to lose. Everyone knew I working with Drookez, everyone knew I had 2 votes. I was able to successfully distance myself from him enough and make sure I seemed like I wasn't too big of a threat with him beside me to get me to this point.
Whether you tried to distance or not, everyone knew he was your sheep.

Cleo

point me to the nearest waffle house
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
You weren't really in a position where you were running the tribe until F9 and thats the truth.
I’ve said this before, but this isn’t really true. Breaking up the seven person alliance and AJ working with me to bring together a new voting block against Trace was a play on the tribe

I definitely think he overplayed it a bit. I do consider him my friend, and I want to continue it after this game for sure! But in-game, as Drookez mentioned, I definitely would've felt comfortable voting out if need be. Fact of the matter was that I wanted him to stay in, and so he did.

And OM room what actions do you specifically mean? He had a long speech so I'm not sure what you're referencing.
Yes, AJ did want me in the game. Thats an important thing to remember. It shows that I played the social game, and thats why I don't want the social aspect of my game to be discredited. At the end of it all, my relationship with AJ combined with winning immunities helped me to survive after F9.

ajhockeystar

As I mentioned, if I didn't tell you I didn't know about the Drookez vote, you wouldn't have worked with me after. That isn't dishonesty at its core, thats a game play.

Drookez said you did try and take shots at Cleo but he didn't let you. Does this mean Drookez is lying?

Its important to use hypotheticals because the entire game changes if the idol can't be replayed from Drookez to Cleo. Im showing my strategy and how I had the game figured out. I was put in a really unlucky situation and had to make due.

Jalmont being voted out made you lean on me more because you had 1 less favorite. Nobody on the jury has said you were asking them "whats the plan" which just further reiterates that you were using me as a crutch.
...It's the definition of dishonesty. I don't know how you can deny that.

There were many times where I brought up Cleo as a target in the challenge before the vote to Drookez and he defended him, wanting to keep him alive. It never really got to the point where Cleo became a viable target though, so it never mattered.

shubaka17 OM room Cleo are all people I asked "any plans for this vote?", if they can please confirm!

I made a list of what happens if OM room can't pick up his idol. I believe he wanted to know if you agreed with my play by play.

Last edited:
...It's the definition of dishonesty. I don't know how you can deny that.

There were many times where I brought up Cleo as a target in the challenge before the vote to Drookez and he defended him, wanting to keep him alive. It never really got to the point where Cleo became a viable target though, so it never mattered.

shubaka17 OM room Cleo are all people I asked "any plans for this vote?", if they can please confirm!
Im sure you did, but I doubt for the same votes as you asked me. Perhaps after F9 when I was on the bottom, but you came to me from F13-F10 saying "whats the vote" Especially considering OM room was on Fumbler Island for 3 of those votes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)