SS PU SUSANOO (38-1)

1592003232434.png

1592003214792.png

I am a sucker for trying to get good numbers with a team. (38 wins and 1 loss) (32 win streak)

I made this in my basement with nothing but a small ray of sunlight piercing through the window. Thus...SUSANNO was born.

With DLC showing up soon, I have decided to share this monster of a team that is extremely hard to play against while somehow being very easy to use, to the point where you can be as sloppy as me and just get wins non stop.

PU currently has an overload of fighters, hazard stack, particularly toxic spikes in addition to offensive Ice-type attacks which just hurt.

I wanted to pull up the middle finger to all of the above while having a win condition myself.

1592001929527.png

STEELY WEELY (Mawile) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pain Split

The thought process here was to have a stealth rock user who can tank several ice-type attacks from Mr Rime who is the premier spinner in the tier. Thankfully Mr Rime tends to run a bulky EV spread meaning that I can tank hits all day from it and harass with Pain Split. EVs are straight forward, allow Mawile to be a back up switch to Glaceon and other weak special attacks, get Stealth Rock and spam Intimidate if I see opposing Physical set up mons such as Fraxure. Excellent Pokemon. Rocky Helmet punishes the knock off spam seen everywhere in gen 8. You'd want to keep Mawile alive if you see any Physical set up Pokemon such as Throh so you can get massive chip and an emergency intimidate if needed.

Some calcs:
Bulky Boots Mr Rime 0 SpA Mr. Rime Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mawile: 54-64 (17.8 - 21.1%) -- possible 5HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mawile: 125-147 (41.2 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

--------------

1592001978200.png

FAIRY WARY (Togetic) @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish

Physically defensive Togetic allows me to counter Silvally SD barring Electric and Rock. Rock is covered by Pyuk while Electric is quite Tricky but thankfully it usually runs a work up mixed set meaning Type Null just walls it to hell and back in tandem with Vibrava depending on the coverage moves. Double recovery is a luxury and you can honestly replace Wish with another attack, nasty plot, toxic, heal bell etc. This Pokemon also is my main fighting switching to the likes of Mold Breaker Throh, Falinks, Hitmontop etc. It cannot Defog on most common hazard users however it gets to defog when it comes into something it can wall, which I named before. You can use 84 Sp.Atk evs to ALWAYS break Silvally Grass sub (without investment its a roll however super luck does help). Flamethrower can be used instead of Wish to beat NP Gourgeist with ease.

4 SpA Togetic Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist: 136-162 (50.1 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

------------------------

1592001999266.png

BUZZ BUZZ (Vibrava) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

My primary defogger, excellent typing allows me to have a switch-in to volt switch spam which is great in addition to being immune to spikes and resistant to rock type attacks. This Pokemon doubles as a Raichu check whilst helping me regain flow of the game. Careful nature to tank Special hits better from Roselia and co. I use Toxic over U-turn as this Pokemon can lure in Mr Rime, Grass-types and Vespiquen on the predicted U-turn.

----------------------------

1592002019682.png

MUCKY MUCK (Pyukumuku) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Spite
- Block

Much needed Pokemon to help counter numerous boosting physical threats. This also is a backup check to Thievul if Togetic is worn down badly. Spite is a god send and helps me render passive Pokemon useless (or at times leave them with very little pp and switch in Murshana to clean). It is my main Basculin switch-in and can take 3 hits without rocks from Specs Basculin. Completely wrecks physically offensive Basculin. Is my SD Silvally counter (other than Grass which Togetic walls to hell and back). You could go with Rest + Recover to win the long game vs the likes of Type Null at the end of a game or stall out users with alot of PP. I prefer Toxic as alot of people for some reason bring pivot Pokemon such as Manectric into this only for me to toxic and then start to slowly wear it down with timely Vibrava switches. You also pressure Pokemon who have access to Rest and that allows me to either Wish soemthing with Togetic or go for the kill with Mush.

A nasty sequence I love doing: Toxic Type null -> Force a few switches as it doesn't rest -> as it rests bring in Mawile and knock off -> Repeat for 1 or 2 more cycles -> Mush comes in next time it rests and spams CM and just cleans. Even if the opponent doesnt let you knock the Type Null they have to give you something else which usually is a fighting types Assault vest or leftovers which is huge as they resist my entry hazards.

---------------------------------

1592002079413.png

NULLY NULL (Type: Null) @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Crush Claw
- Toxic
- Sleep Talk

Special attacker COUNTER. It performs like no other and you have to ensure that you avoid getting frozen. I tend to bring it ASAP if hazards are only side of the field and rest up to avoid stupid freeze chance. Specs Glaceon cannot touch you and it cannot crit you which is great. This helps me check Work up Silvally Electric and also other boosting special attackers. Crush Claw over U-turn since I need damage on Raichu who gets cute and tries to boost before it dies to Toxic while also merking Roselia after eviolite is knocked off. Also helps me in stall wars.
----------------------

1592002103901.png

MUSHY WUSHY (Musharna) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 124 HP / 248 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

I'm evil for doing this but I bring to you NITRO-ARNA. Outpaces Mareanie meaning it cannot haze you and you just also outpace Throh and friends which is great. I don't need leftovers on this as I get ample hp from moonlight and the occasional wish support. This thing 1-1s all those annoying cores of Mareanie + Silvally + Type Null which I hope no-one has to experience facing in the upcoming PU OPEN.

Moral of the story, if you want to win, use this team
If you want to have fun in Pokemon, don't use this team.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/4c0ede167177eead

THREATS:

Thankfully the team covers almost every possible combination of Pokemon and different cores.

Silvally Electric tends to be the most threatening Pokemon in the metagame for this team.

If it is a Work up variant with special attacks, it isn't hard to handle with Type Null.

Swords Dance variants that have Multi Attack + Ice Fang are the worst possible thing for this team.

Playing around it means that I have to get a Toxic off with either Type Null or Mawile or even Pyuk who live a hit and then shuffle between my Pokemon. These are the scenarios that having Rocky Helmet Mawile is super crucial for. If you get off a toxic on the swords Dance, you already more or less beat the Silvally provided:
1) Mawile is alive (HP doesnt matter)
2) Vibrava is alive and at good enough to health to not die to Flame Charge
3) Pyuk is at full health OR Mush is at full health

I've faced this monster of a Pokemon twice now and have escaped narrowly so it really needs to be played around carefully. thankfully Electric Type vally is not common compared to Grass and Psychic and for good reason. Additionally for it to be a SD variant is even rarer so odds are good.

Pinchurin + Nasty Plot Mr Rime or Nasty Plot Raichu is another dangerous combination.

Electric Terrain prevents Type Null from resting.

If I see the above combination from team preview, I make sure that Togetic is my Defogger in chief. Vibrava lurks in the back for NP Raichu whilst for Mr Rime I tend to let Mawile, Togetic and Vibrava handle Special attacks to some extent. Type Null lurks awaiting Mr Rime to descend down. Additionally Mr Rime always tends to come in to revenge kill or on a U-turn from Vibrava however I tend to sometimes get the Toxic off on them which makes life alot easier.

Pyuk is my absolute last resort for Mr Rime and if things are extremely dire, it can stomach a Freeze Dry and Toxic.(If Pyuk is defo not needed for the game and Mr Rime comes in on the PYuk, just toxic and dont get greedy as things can snowball very quickly).

Boring thought process:

Upon team preview I look for:
1) Do they have a Dark-type?
2) Do they have a potential choice user who can trick?
3) Do they have a cleric?

If they dont have a dark-type, I dance for a few seconds making sure the timer isnt on, then I tuck Mushrana in bed and tell it to wait till I need it.

No cleric means you want to lead with a Toxic user and not Mawile, get some status rolling, Mawile can come in on so many things there;s no rush!

Last edited:

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
hey SOMALIA - cool stall team! I'm going to make this a quick rate and provide a few potential solutions to some of the pokemon mentioned on the threatlist at the bottom of your post:

Minor Changes:
- Any variant of togetic is good on stall, but I recommend swapping out wish for flamethrower on togetic because your team struggles against sd silvally grass once togetic gets knocked off by throh (something you would commonly switch into to check) and since dazzling gleam cannot reliably break bulky silvally grass' sub. Sub variants of np gourgeist also look scary once toge is low or crippled since type null can't beat it behind a sub. Flamethrower over wish would be an easy fix and would allow toge to punish rockers like mawile and pawniard and remove hazards more freely for your team. P.S. I optimized the HP EVs on the new set below:
Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower

Major Changes:
- The next change I would propose would be using Stunfisk with foul play over Vibrava. While Vibrava does check some electrics like manectric and raichu nicely for you, sd silvally electric with ice fang still gives your team a lot of grief as you pointed out. Stunfisk would give you a better time against silvally electric, lure threats with foul play like silvally grass aiming to set up freely in front of it, and retain a strong volt stop and elec/rock check.
Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Foul Play

- With Stunfisk now taking up a possible rocker and electric immunity/volt stop slot, this means you can replace spdef mawile for klang. Using Klang gives you the ability to check key threats that would bother your team like nasty plot mr rime and choice specs glaceon if null is low. Klang also potentially gives your team another wincon with shift gear or a bulky pivot with volt switch, forming a voltturn core with null should you choose to opt for that set.
Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Toxic
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear / Volt Switch

Importable:

(click on the sprites!)

all in all, really solid team and congrats on going 38-1 on the ladder. I hope my suggestions help you against some of the pokemon mentioned in your threat list and good luck with being bought in the pupl draft tomorrow :psyglad:

Last edited:
SOMALIA goat team haven't used it yet, shouldn't the title be Susanoo though?
Forgive me Sensei
1592150656082.png
, it has been rectified! Wont happen again

And thanks TJ bro, will try those changes and report back to you!

edit: Yeah, I'll keep Vibrava, having levitate in addition to being able to tank Overheat and recover is nice. Additionally, Mawile comes in super handy for those Intimidates (Fraxure and Rufflet are rare but deadly) and to be fair, NP Raichu is still going to bone Klang so not much of a difference there. I changed the EVs though so thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)