Suspect RMT

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've been laddering on the Suspect ladder lately with my alt (Garchompfan23), and I got #1 with this team. I got bored of it, and I want to use the Suspects more, so why not post a RMT?

Team at a glance

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Spore
- Endeavor
- Rapid Spin

At first I couldn't find a good lead, but then I noticed that Scizor/Tyranitar can switch in easily against Latios and pursuit it. I decided to go with a lead that can use Spikes, and I chose Smeargle. I decided to use the Standard set, but I already have Stealth Rock on my team, so Rapid Spin is just a filler, since I couldn't really find anything to put there. It's been helpful against all the SR leads, so I kept it there.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

I noticed that almost all the teams on the Suspect ladder has Skymin, Latias and Latios, I looked for a bulky steal types that can switch on them alot without taking a big damage. I tried bulky Jirachi, but it didn't like to take Trick from Latios/Latias and a Specs Earthpower from Skymin 2 OHKOs it, so I said why not try Registeel. Registeel has been doing very good for me so far against these 3 Suspects, and I have Wish on Vaporeon to heal it. I against Vaporeon which makes it very easy to heal Registeel for me. Ice Punch is for the Suspects, since most of them are weak to ice. Earthquake for Magnezone who can trap me and the other steel types. Thunder Wave is always cool, and I couldn't find anything for the last spot, so I just gave it SR.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Protect

This thing is really important for this team. It counters most of the water types, which is my team weak to, especially Gyrados. I can heal the team with Wish too, which is important. I added some SAtk EV's so I can hurt Skarmory harder, my team is pretty weak to it, especially the SPDef versions, which are popular on the Suspect ladder. Not really much to say about this one.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Latios + Stealth Rock and Spikes is really hard to counter, especially with Trick for Blissey. Latios is my only sp. sweeper, and its my revenge killer for SD/Yache Chomp, it can revenge the ones with Haban berry too. (Draco Meteor kills it even with Haban) and it's my counter to the Manaphy's with Tail Glow and Energy Ball, no one runs Ice Beam with Energy Ball, so Vaporeon is for the Ice Beam ones and this is for the Energy Ball ones.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Roost
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

I've seen a lot of Lucario's on the Suspect ladder, and most of the Garchomp's are choiced, so I decided to use Gliscor since I need a better Electric resist than Latios. I needed a move for the last spot (I had Earthquake/Ice Fang/Roost), so I decided to go with U-turn. Scouting is always nice, so why not? and if my opponent has a SD Garchomp I go to Scizor/Registeel to force him to use a Fire/Ground move and go to Latios, I don't lose any Pokemon like that.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP/130 Atk/180 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

I needed a priority user that can revenge stuff like SubSeed Skymin, which I'm weak to, so I decided to go with Scizor. I made it very bulky in SDef so Air Slash from Skymin doesn't do a lot to me. Also, U-turn + Spikes and Stealth Rock is really painfull, especially if U-turn is STAB. I can revenge kill DD Mence with this too, it's not really common on Suspect, but just incase.

Try Encore -> Endeavor/Rapid Spin on Smeargle, it can give you a lot of free turns to set up spikes. And why you use 252 Atk ev's on smeargle when you do not have any atack moves ?_?

Anyway, it's obviously a great team!

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
Try Encore -> Endeavor/Rapid Spin on Smeargle, it can give you a lot of free turns to set up spikes. And why you use 252 Atk ev's on smeargle when you do not have any atack moves ?_?

Anyway, it's obviously a great team!
I always get Spikes up, so I don't think I need Encore just to get it up, and like I said Rapid Spin has been really helpful so far.

I have 252 Attack EV's because I don't know where to put the 252 EV's, since I have Sash, lol, Rapid Spin does more damage!

You're sort of Swords Dance Garchomp weak, especially if Latios has been Pursuited and baited in by say Tyranitar or Metagross. Scizor and Registeel aren't standing up to Swords Dance Garchomp at all, so that's kind of unreliable. I mean sure you can bait the Outrage, but if they carry Dragon Claw you're screwed.

Something like Gyarados looks like a decent filler for Gliscor's slot, adding both an offensive force while maintaining the same countering attributes as Gliscor. Bulkydos seems like the "best fit" on this team based on the team as a whole and your playstyle. Still counters Lucario, can switch in on Swords Dance Garchomp, and still add that pinch of offense when necessary.

Might be worth a test, not much else to really change or rate. Your success on the ladder is quite evident, good work.

Edit: Put those 252 EV's in HP and the remaining 6 in either defense. You never know when you may need Smeargle to take a hit after it, say switches in on SR.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
Latios hardly gets pursuited thanks to Spikes and Stealth Rock, and I think you forgot about Scizor who can revenge kill Garchomp after the Spikes damage and Gliscor's Ice Fang.

I like the bulky Gyrados idea, I'm going to try a bulky one with Roar/Rest/Sleeptalk/Waterfall, and see how it works.

I guess you have a reason for giving Smeargle 252 HP EV's now, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)