inAttention to all those who love using brokens!
Scarlet & Violet is fast approaching, and in the interest of metagame development we’re launching a tournament to begin just as the new generation is added to Pokémon Showdown.
This will be a single elimination Scarlet & Violet Doubles OU Tournament. Rounds will be Best of Three, and you may switch teams between games. As this tournament will begin in a new metagame, there will be Pokémon bans and possible rule set changes throughout the length of the tournament, all bans and rule changes will take effect at the beginning of the next round as they’re made. Replays will of course be required for metagame development.
Doubles OU is a format in which both players have two Pokémon on the field at the same time. All Pokémon except those on the banlist (found below) can be used in Doubles OU regardless of the Pokémon's tier in singles play. Unlike in VGC, all Pokémon default to level 100 instead of level 50, and all 6 members of the team are brought each game.
- Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
- A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling.
- Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
- Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team
Players can only use Pokemon that either are obtainable in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet or transferable to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Players cannot use the following Pokémon
Players cannot use the following moves on the same team:
- Gravity and sleep moves with below one hundred percent accuracy
HOW TO SCHEDULE - PLEASE READ
Signups will close when round 1 is posted, which will either be Sunday November 19th at 10:00 pm gmt -5, or when the new generation is finalized on Pokémon Showdown, whichever is later.
Post “In” or “I plan on using the brokens before they’re banned” below to enter!