Other Pre-DLC SV Monotype Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an avid Ghost enjoyer from day 1 of playing the tier, I felt like making an analysis of it in SV Monotype as it has cemented itself to be one of the main driving forces in the metagame.

Ghost is a very unique type in Monotype in virtue of the typing in itself, having a nice combination of characteristics that includes being completely immune to Brick Break and Rapid Spin in a tier that is focused on hazards offense. With a combination of great offensive juggernauts and a decent defensive backbone, even with Annihilape banned Ghost is a threat to be reckoned with in the tournament scene. Despite being fairly limited in terms of team slots, it can be built in many different ways thanks to the flexibility that slot compression offers it.

Here is a personal viability ranking I made of the Pokemon on the type:
S Rank
:dragapult:
Dragapult is pretty much the sole reason why Ghost has been viable for the past two generations. It is the definition of an offensive wildcard and compresses a ton in one slot. It has over 10 viable sets, depending on what you would like for it to do on your team. Dragon Dance, Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Choice Band, and a combination of utility, berries, and other items can all be run on the offensive juggernaut. Weakness berries like Colbur, Kasib, and Yache can all be pretty interesting too with a mix of Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, and U-turn. Generally speaking, Dragapult is amazing for offensive role compression with its amazing speed and access to great utility and U-turn, it can reverse momentum extremely easily. Even when it's not outright sweeping, it's bringing other stronger Pokemon in so that they can effectively punch holes, of which Ghost has many, especially with the addition of Flutter Mane. Dragapult's flexibility is especially useful in the tournament scene where certain sets can be ran to prepare against expected archetypes due to the vast arsenal of flexibility it has.

:flutter mane:
Flutter Mane is by far the strongest wallbreaker in Monotype right now and is the main firepower of Ghost teams. I personally have found Choice Specs and Choice Scarf to be its two best sets; it doesn't have the bulk to pull off setup without screens support due to how physically frail it is but on the other hand it's just amazing at straight up nuking shit. Many Ghost teams can be built around winning Flutter Mane sack wars in combination with Mimikyu's Disguise due to just how strong it is. Choice Scarf is severely underrated and can easily pick off Pokemon late game after the opposing team has been racked up through Spikes damage.

:mimikyu:
Mimikyu has been doing what it has always done best: serve as a soft check for any offensive Pokemon in the tier- a role that is extremely useful for an offensive type that lacks defensive synergy such as Ghost. Aside from the traditional Swords Dance set, it can run other sets like Choice Scarf that is particularly interesting for spreading Thunder Wave and crippling Clodsire. Together with Flutter Mane and Dragapult, Mimikyu completes Ghost's offensive core with its defensive presence while the former punches holes and the latter compresses offensive roles.

:brambleghast:
Brambleghast is an excellent addition to Ghost in a metagame full of Spikes offense. Ghost is notoriously infamous for being hazards weak, with hazard control being a role that Pokemon like Mega Sableye and Dhelmise would fulfill in previous generations. A Grass typing is also great in a metagame where Ground is at its prime, which nobody on the type really likes switching into Power Whip. Spikes + Rapid Spin + Power Whip + Filler is a pretty decent set, with the filler being either Strength Sap or Shadow Sneak. Without Brambleghast Ghost's offensive powerhouses would easily falter against hazards, making the type much more vulnerable to losing to the main archetype of the generation. Spikes also gives Ghost a way to break through fat types like Ground and Poison.

A Rank
:gholdengo:
Gholdengo is a unique breaker with a nice typing and ability. Good as Gold is a nice ability for deflecting Grimmsnarl's Parting Shot in particular, making the Pokemon very useful against Dark. It can run sets like Nasty Plot, Air Balloon, Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, and others, but my favorite set by far is Substitute + 3 attacks with Metronome that allows it to break fatter types and take advantage Kingambit and Klefki in those respective matchups. Both Dark and Fairy are pretty good right now so Gholdengo thrives, and Colbur Berry can be interesting for Chien Pao as well.

:gengar:
Gengar has struggled to find a place on Ghost more than previous generations, but at the end of the day it's still Gengar. It's got decent offensive stats with a good movepool, and similar to Dragapult it can run many sets depending on what you'd like it to do. Ranging from Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, to even Substitute or Brick Break sets, the poison shadow Pokemon is still good in SV Monotype. Brick Break is surprisingly decent in a tier that is so centered around screens.

:spiritomb: :palossand:
Spiritomb and Palossand form Ghost's defensive backbone. I personally feel like you need one of these Pokemon on each Ghost team that isn't strictly hyper offense, just so you don't instantly lose to some random Choice Scarf user like Iron Treads. Spiritomb is a Pokemon that hasn't really been seen before in Monotype, but it's surprisingly decent as it provides the team with a Ghost neutrality for the mirror matchup as well as a Dark neutrality to take on Pokemon like Ting-Lu and Krookodile. Palossand's main niche is Stealth Rock, but it's more prone to losing to Dark-type Pokemon, leaving Mimikyu and Flutter Mane to check them.

B Rank
:ceruledge:
Ceruledge looks cool as shit but is fairly one dimensional compared to the other Pokemon Ghost has to offer. The role it fills has a lot of overlap compared to other Pokemon like Flutter Mane, Mimikyu and Dragapult. Most of the time when I put this Pokemon on a team I think about how much swag it gives the team due to its sick design rather than the fact that it actually is useful. However, I've tried Colbur Berry with Swords Dance + Bitter Blade + Brick Break + Shadow Sneak and it's not entirely bad.

:skeledirge:
Skeledirge is nice for Unaware to check Pokemon like Volcarona and Mimikyu. However, it can be hard to fit on an offensive type like Ghost because it's just not that great as an anchor. Other defensive staples like Spiritomb and Palossand are more useful than it because they can check Pokemon like Iron Treads and Garchomp. Skeledirge is left with an awkward equilibrium between being purely offensive and defensive, but something with Torch Song doesn't sound bad on paper.

C Rank
:froslass: :polteageist: :rotom: :sableye:
Froslass, Polteageist, Rotom, Sableye are all Pokemon found on hyper offense teams. Froslass, Rotom, and Sableye set hazards and screens respectively, while Polteageist is a nice sweeper that's capable of dealing with types like Ground. However, the low ranking is because I don't feel like hyper offense is as good as bulky offense due to the playstyle being so frail and prone to hazards.

D Rank
:drifblim:
Drifblim is okay for Defog, but otherwise it sucks.

Here are some nice templates for Ghost teams that I've been exploring/planning on exploring.

1. Bulky Offense
(:palossand:/:spiritomb:) (:gholdengo:/:gengar:/:ceruledge:/:skeledirge:)

The 4 S ranked Pokemon in Dragapult + Flutter Mane, Mimikyu, and Brambleghast pretty much provide a solid foundation to take on any type in the metagame. Brambleghast in particular is very nice for holding ground for the team with its hazard manipulation, but it's not bulky enough to provide a solid defensive foundation by itself which is why Palossand or Spiritomb are needed. The last slot can go to offensive Pokemon like Gholdengo, Gengar, Ceruledge, or Skeledirge. This structure should have a good chance of winning against anything, with the main flexibility being in Dragapult's set, Flutter Mane's item, as well as the last slot. Gholdengo is probably the best bet for the last slot thanks to its splashability in terms of covering matchups.

2. Spikes Hyper Offense
(:sableye:/:polteageist:/:brambleghast:/:ceruledge:/:gengar:)

I have not tried out Spikes hyper offense yet, but it seems cool on paper due to Ghost's unique hazard stacking ability. Gholdengo would probably be Air Balloon on this team, with Choice Scarf Memento Flutter Mane or Choice Scarf Destiny Bond Mimikyu with status. Dragapult would probably be Dragon Dance with Metronome or Life Orb with the last slot being depending on what you would like to cover. Sableye seems shaky though and would probably fit better on Brambleghast teams for more defensive backboning as a screens setter.

3. Screens Offense

(:polteageist:/:ceruledge:/:gholdengo:)

Screens hyper offense seems interesting but I haven't tried it yet either. I feel like Brambleghast would be great on this type of team though, since it offers Spikes which are pretty much mandatory in this metagame while using Sableye's screens to serve as an offensive presence when its fragility is blocked. The rest of the team should be fairly based on setup with maybe a Choice Scarf user somewhere. Ceruledge and Goldengo seem like good candidates for the last slot, with Poltegeist also being a decent option to really cteam Ground.

I haven't tried out the other types extensively; I mainly wanted to express my interest on Ghost as a tournament type since it's always been a personal favorite of mine. I'm happy it's still good this generation as it was last generation especially with Flutter Mane balancing out. It would be nice to hear other people's thoughts on what they have been trying out with Ghost and the tier in general.
I like your viability rankings but I have a few that I deem to be relatively inaccurate.
S Rank
Dragapult: I agree with this one, I think the main thing about this mon is its speed. It's the only pokemon to outspeed Flutter mane and Chien-Pao other than electrode and barraskewda.

Flutter Mane: Nothing to say.

Mimikyu: Basically the only viable check to omega fast mons like flutter mane and dragapult.

Gholdengo: Ok, this is where people will disagree with me and where Wyvern is going to roast me(idc do it). This pokemon is absurd make even worse with the chi-yu ban. However, if running an offensive set like scarf, nasty plot, specs, etc. There are ways to play around it, as wyvern mentioned before. However, what's not okay is the defensive set. The number of teams I managed to legit break through with just dengo with pult and mane in the back to sweep is insane. The set is protect+t-wave+recover+hex+lefties+max hp+max spdef/max def. Having access to recover is imo the biggest problem. Often on status moves or resisted moves, I can switch this in and start t-waving entire teams. Sometimes, especially against mimikyu and stuff, I can tank a hit, t-wave, protect, and recover until para kicks in. Now, you may ask, "this s*** can touch normal types, what is it supposed to do with those?". You don't necessarily have to do damage, adding make it rain is a viable option, but the sole existence of gholdengo on a team is enough to make normal have a bad time. The only pokemon that can clear hazards in mausehold but the problem is that the only way to do so remove your substitute, allowing gholdengo to t-wave you, which imo is not a good trade.

Skeledirge: Idk what you were thinking putting this in B-tier. This is is basically required. Ghost is not a bulky type and with many setup sweepers in the game, this is one of the few defensive options ghost has and imo has to fall back on. Even pokemon lilke iron treads and ting lu have to watch out since you have will o wisp which will be devastating for them. Also, it has access to torch song which can spiral out of control. I end up sweeping my round 1 opponent with this.

A Rank

Brambleghast: I actually really like this pokemon and started using it since day 1. The problem I arrive with it is that it's not fast enough nor bulky enough to set the 3 layers of spikes, unlike froslass, who can reliable set up 2 and sometimes take a pokemon down with it. Also, one thing mushama did not mention is its access to strength sap which is one of the most broken move ever.

Gengar: Yes, gengar is offensive but what I can to give a shoutout to is the lead toxic-spikes setter. In combo with almost every ghost having hex, this shit is deadly.

:palossand:
Palossand: Only SR user and it has the bulk and can help against aforementioned ting-lu and iron treads.

A- Rank

:Froslass:
Froslass: again, idk what mushamu was thinking putting this in C. It's a great spiker and it's fast af so it can reliable set up multiple layers. Made worse by gholdengo supporting the anti hazard removal effort.

B Rank
:spiritomb:
Spiritomb: Good defensive pokemon, but imo worse than dirge and sand. Pokemon like iron treads and ting lu are the only thing these have the edge over dirge.

Ceruledge: the best niche is has is shadow sneak which mimikyu does slightly better.

C Rank
:polteageist: :rotom: :sableye:
Polteageist, Rotom, Sableye screens are as important as hazards and poltea is a bit too frail.

D Rank
Drifblim: only usable defoger

Last edited:
As an avid Ghost enjoyer from day 1 of playing the tier, I felt like making an analysis of it in SV Monotype as it has cemented itself to be one of the main driving forces in the metagame.

Ghost is a very unique type in Monotype in virtue of the typing in itself, having a nice combination of characteristics that includes being completely immune to Brick Break and Rapid Spin in a tier that is focused on hazards offense. With a combination of great offensive juggernauts and a decent defensive backbone, even with Annihilape banned Ghost is a threat to be reckoned with in the tournament scene. Despite being fairly limited in terms of team slots, it can be built in many different ways thanks to the flexibility that slot compression offers it.

S Rank
Dragapult is pretty much the sole reason why Ghost has been viable for the past two generations. It is the definition of an offensive wildcard and compresses a ton in one slot. It has over 10 viable sets, depending on what you would like for it to do on your team. Dragon Dance, Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Choice Band, and a combination of utility, berries, and other items can all be run on the offensive juggernaut. Weakness berries like Colbur, Kasib, and Yache can all be pretty interesting too with a mix of Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, and U-turn. Generally speaking, Dragapult is amazing for offensive role compression with its amazing speed and access to great utility and U-turn, it can reverse momentum extremely easily. Even when it's not outright sweeping, it's bringing other stronger Pokemon in so that they can effectively punch holes, of which Ghost has many, especially with the addition of Flutter Mane. Dragapult's flexibility is especially useful in the tournament scene where certain sets can be ran to prepare against expected archetypes due to the vast arsenal of flexibility it has.

Flutter Mane is by far the strongest wallbreaker in Monotype right now and is the main firepower of Ghost teams. I personally have found Choice Specs and Choice Scarf to be its two best sets; it doesn't have the bulk to pull off setup without screens support due to how physically frail it is but on the other hand it's just amazing at straight up nuking shit. Many Ghost teams can be built around winning Flutter Mane sack wars in combination with Mimikyu's Disguise due to just how strong it is. Choice Scarf is severely underrated and can easily pick off Pokemon late game after the opposing team has been racked up through Spikes damage.

Mimikyu has been doing what it has always done best: serve as a soft check for any offensive Pokemon in the tier- a role that is extremely useful for an offensive type that lacks defensive synergy such as Ghost. Aside from the traditional Swords Dance set, it can run other sets like Choice Scarf that is particularly interesting for spreading Thunder Wave and crippling Clodsire. Together with Flutter Mane and Dragapult, Mimikyu completes Ghost's offensive core with its defensive presence while the former punches holes and the latter compresses offensive roles.

Brambleghast is an excellent addition to Ghost in a metagame full of Spikes offense. Ghost is notoriously infamous for being hazards weak, with hazard control being a role that Pokemon like Mega Sableye and Dhelmise would fulfill in previous generations. A Grass typing is also great in a metagame where Ground is at its prime, which nobody on the type really likes switching into Power Whip. Spikes + Rapid Spin + Power Whip + Filler is a pretty decent set, with the filler being either Strength Sap or Shadow Sneak. Without Brambleghast Ghost's offensive powerhouses would easily falter against hazards, making the type much more vulnerable to losing to the main archetype of the generation. Spikes also gives Ghost a way to break through fat types like Ground and Poison.

A Rank
Gholdengo is a unique breaker with a nice typing and ability. Good as Gold is a nice ability for deflecting Grimmsnarl's Parting Shot in particular, making the Pokemon very useful against Dark. It can run sets like Nasty Plot, Air Balloon, Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, and others, but my favorite set by far is Substitute + 3 attacks with Metronome that allows it to break fatter types and take advantage Kingambit and Klefki in those respective matchups. Both Dark and Fairy are pretty good right now so Gholdengo thrives, and Colbur Berry can be interesting for Chien Pao as well.

Gengar has struggled to find a place on Ghost more than previous generations, but at the end of the day it's still Gengar. It's got decent offensive stats with a good movepool, and similar to Dragapult it can run many sets depending on what you'd like it to do. Ranging from Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, to even Substitute or Brick Break sets, the poison shadow Pokemon is still good in SV Monotype. Brick Break is surprisingly decent in a tier that is so centered around screens.

Spiritomb and Palossand form Ghost's defensive backbone. I personally feel like you need one of these Pokemon on each Ghost team that isn't strictly hyper offense, just so you don't instantly lose to some random Choice Scarf user like Iron Treads. Spiritomb is a Pokemon that hasn't really been seen before in Monotype, but it's surprisingly decent as it provides the team with a Ghost neutrality for the mirror matchup as well as a Dark neutrality to take on Pokemon like Ting-Lu and Krookodile. Palossand's main niche is Stealth Rock, but it's more prone to losing to Dark-type Pokemon, leaving Mimikyu and Flutter Mane to check them.

B Rank
Ceruledge looks cool as shit but is fairly one dimensional compared to the other Pokemon Ghost has to offer. The role it fills has a lot of overlap compared to other Pokemon like Flutter Mane, Mimikyu and Dragapult. Most of the time when I put this Pokemon on a team I think about how much swag it gives the team due to its sick design rather than the fact that it actually is useful. However, I've tried Colbur Berry with Swords Dance + Bitter Blade + Brick Break + Shadow Sneak and it's not entirely bad.

Skeledirge is nice for Unaware to check Pokemon like Volcarona and Mimikyu. However, it can be hard to fit on an offensive type like Ghost because it's just not that great as an anchor. Other defensive staples like Spiritomb and Palossand are more useful than it because they can check Pokemon like Iron Treads and Garchomp. Skeledirge is left with an awkward equilibrium between being purely offensive and defensive, but something with Torch Song doesn't sound bad on paper.

C Rank
Froslass, Polteageist, Rotom, Sableye are all Pokemon found on hyper offense teams. Froslass, Rotom, and Sableye set hazards and screens respectively, while Polteageist is a nice sweeper that's capable of dealing with types like Ground. However, the low ranking is because I don't feel like hyper offense is as good as bulky offense due to the playstyle being so frail and prone to hazards.

D Rank

Here are some nice templates for Ghost teams that I've been exploring/planning on exploring.

1. Bulky Offense

The 4 S ranked Pokemon in Dragapult + Flutter Mane, Mimikyu, and Brambleghast pretty much provide a solid foundation to take on any type in the metagame. Brambleghast in particular is very nice for holding ground for the team with its hazard manipulation, but it's not bulky enough to provide a solid defensive foundation by itself which is why Palossand or Spiritomb are needed. The last slot can go to offensive Pokemon like Gholdengo, Gengar, Ceruledge, or Skeledirge. This structure should have a good chance of winning against anything, with the main flexibility being in Dragapult's set, Flutter Mane's item, as well as the last slot. Gholdengo is probably the best bet for the last slot thanks to its splashability in terms of covering matchups.

2. Spikes Hyper Offense

I have not tried out Spikes hyper offense yet, but it seems cool on paper due to Ghost's unique hazard stacking ability. Gholdengo would probably be Air Balloon on this team, with Choice Scarf Memento Flutter Mane or Choice Scarf Destiny Bond Mimikyu with status. Dragapult would probably be Dragon Dance with Metronome or Life Orb with the last slot being depending on what you would like to cover. Sableye seems shaky though and would probably fit better on Brambleghast teams for more defensive backboning as a screens setter.

3. Screens Offense

Screens hyper offense seems interesting but I haven't tried it yet either. I feel like Brambleghast would be great on this type of team though, since it offers Spikes which are pretty much mandatory in this metagame while using Sableye's screens to serve as an offensive presence when its fragility is blocked. The rest of the team should be fairly based on setup with maybe a Choice Scarf user somewhere. Ceruledge and Goldengo seem like good candidates for the last slot, with Poltegeist also being a decent option to really cteam Ground.

I haven't tried out the other types extensively; I mainly wanted to express my interest on Ghost as a tournament type since it's always been a personal favorite of mine. I'm happy it's still good this generation as it was last generation especially with Flutter Mane balancing out. It would be nice to hear other people's thoughts on what they have been trying out with Ghost and the tier in general.
been a mono ghost player since gen 6 and I have been loving all the support. Annihilape will be sorely missed though due to his special bulk and wall breaking potential . What would you suggest replacing him with ? Currently running : Banded Pult/ scarf Gengar/specsGholdengo/ Boots Skeledirge/ and Sash Cereludge with the final slot previously being Ape with leftovers

Last edited:
been a mono ghost player since gen 6 and I have been loving all the support. Annihilape will be sorely missed though due to his special bulk and wall breaking potential . What would you suggest replacing him with ? Currently running : Banded Pult/ scarf Gengar/specsGholdengo/ Boots Skeledirge/ and Sash Cereludge with the final slot previously being Ape with leftovers
Your team is a good start, however, ceruledge + dirge is a bit repetitive, so since you are probably using ledge for sneak, replace it with mimikyu(since mimi and fluttter attack from different attacking spectrum) and use something like SR max def palosand

S Rank

A Rank

B Rank

C Rank

D Rank

1. Bulky Offense

2. Spikes Hyper Offense

3. Screens Offense

Thank you for addressing the point that Mimikyu is still one of the clear-cut best mons on Ghost. Someone in this thread earlier called it a bad mon and I couldn't believe the shit I was reading. Let's have our opinions informed by actually playing the game, people! And let us share our well thought-out takes with rationales, replays, anything beyond our personal feelings worded to sound like objective statements! Please and thank you! Credit to Toy Time King and TheWyvernKing for continuously contributing well thought-out takes even as I don't necessarily agree with all of them. Have definitely changed my mind on a couple of things.

On the subject of the Ruin mons, the clear issue of the four was obviously Chi-Yu. I did not believe it was necessarily quickban levels of broken, but I think it was very reminiscent of Urshifu in the degree to which it limited counterplay due to Beads of Ruin reaving mons like Chansey they would normally be reliable check-ins. I am on record as initially having been very skeptical about the ability of a mon like Chien Pao to remain in this tier. I think the spillover effects from the Booster Energy and Tera energy bans vis-a-vis Roaring Moon have made Dark much more manageable in general and Ice which was far worse than the sum of its very strong mons will now very likely plummet in viability without access to Deligod. At present I don't really see it as being much beyond a significantly buffed Weavile.

I have not actually piloted Wo-Chien to know but to me the implication that it is somehow broken merely by assumption is beyond nonsensical. It is an awkward mon with an unfortunate typing further complicated on Grass by the presence of Meowscarda in addition to Brute Bonnet (another awkward unfortunate mon.) Outside of really, really niche roles e.g. Sand/Water Absorb Cacturne in very specific metas, Grass/Dark has never been successful on a slow mon and I'm not really convinced of what Wo-Chien will able to offer Dark until the more skilled Dark pilots figure out balance builds.

Much like Chien-Pao Ting-Lu had its own hype period and seems to me to be, despite a lack of evidence, a mon that many in the community expect to somehow be broken down the line because it...doesn't die and can set up Spikes? The threshold for banning defensive mons in this tier has always been extremely high and it has never happened with a mon that was not immune to Close Combat (much less one that is outright weak to it.) If it does come to light that Ting-Lu is problematic let it be on its own merits rather people trying to speak it onto the banlist. Ground is solid but nothing spectacular right now and still needs significant help in the form of further suspects to really take that leap to the next level, imo.

Last edited:
Gholdengo: Ok, this is where people will disagree with me and where Wyvern is going to roast me(idc do it). This pokemon is absurd make even worse with the chi-yu ban. However, if running an offensive set like scarf, nasty plot, specs, etc. There are ways to play around it, as wyvern mentioned before. However, what's not okay is the defensive set. The number of teams I managed to legit break through with just dengo with pult and mane in the back to sweep is insane. The set is protect+t-wave+recover+hex+lefties+max hp+max spdef/max def. Having access to recover is imo the biggest problem. Often on status moves or resisted moves, I can switch this in and start t-waving entire teams. Sometimes, especially against mimikyu and stuff, I can tank a hit, t-wave, protect, and recover until para kicks in. Now, you may ask, "this s*** can touch normal types, what is it supposed to do with those?". You don't necessarily have to do damage, adding make it rain is a viable option, but the sole existence of gholdengo on a team is enough to make normal have a bad time. The only pokemon that can clear hazards in mausehold but the problem is that the only way to do so remove your substitute, allowing gholdengo to t-wave you, which imo is not a good trade.

Skeledirge: Idk what you were thinking putting this in B-tier. This is is basically required. Ghost is not a bulky type and with many setup sweepers in the game, this is one of the few defensive options ghost has and imo has to fall back on. Even pokemon lilke iron treads and ting lu have to watch out since you have will o wisp which will be devastating for them. Also, it has access to torch song which can spiral out of control. I end up sweeping my round 1 opponent with this.

A- Rank

Froslass: again, idk what mushamu was thinking putting this in C. It's a great spiker and it's fast af so it can reliable set up multiple layers. Made worse by gholdengo supporting the anti hazard removal effort.

B Rank

Ceruledge: the best niche is has is shadow sneak which mimikyu does slightly better.
Don't wanna make you seem afraid to put your pov or anything lmfao, it just seems silly to me to think :gholdengo: needs to be banned. The whole "immune to hazard removal" is more potent in OU where it quite literally changes the meta, but many types in Mono had to live with the expectation of no hazard removal vs. Ghost since day 1 Gen 5, and playing around a spinblocker is nothing new for the many teams that can't defog. Gholdengo is definitely A, potentially S tier Ghost. However it's not a mon that I've seen as particularly troublesome for the meta, and is a mon that is in no way centralizing either.
:Skeledirge: I think it's a pretty clean cut A tier, it's a good mon but it's not like it's needed or even particularly important to have on Ghost. Especially post Annihilape ban I kinda see it as harder to fit on a team than it was before with how ghost becomes restructured without Annihilape, and will have to fight a bit harder for a spot. Either way I don't see it as S either
:Froslass: It's Froslass, does what Froslass always done. Pretty 1 trick, spikes lead or the occasional screens if you want on it I suppose, kinda think you set it up as something more potent than it is in practice as it's usually pretty predictable. Either way I'd put it as B tier, kinda does better than the C tier mons do but not anywhere near necessary or potent really.
:Ceruledge:Slightly more than just Shadow Sneak, destroys in some mus and it's SD + Weak Armor set is alot more powerful than Mimikyu when it gets going.

Any idea on how to make mono flying work? Obviously, corv is mandatory, you want scarf Flamigo to cover dark and dragonite is dragonite, but what about everything else? Kilowattrel seems to be completely walled by electric despite being flying's only electric immunity. Specs iron jugulis is decent but I feel like mono flying doesn't do a good enough job at supporting it's main threats anymore.

Any idea on how to make mono flying work? Obviously, corv is mandatory, you want scarf Flamigo to cover dark and dragonite is dragonite, but what about everything else? Kilowattrel seems to be completely walled by electric despite being flying's only electric immunity. Specs iron jugulis is decent but I feel like mono flying doesn't do a good enough job at supporting it's main threats anymore.
The short answer is it wont work. the long answer is run eq nite + salamence as electric resist and forget about killo. I run corv, amigo, nite, mence, jugu, gyara

Thank you for addressing the point that Mimikyu is still one of the clear-cut best mons on Ghost. Someone in this thread earlier called it a bad mon and I couldn't believe the shit I was reading. Let's have our opinions informed by actually playing the game, people! And let us share our well thought-out takes with rationales, replays, anything beyond our personal feelings worded to sound like objective statements!
Well, I actually explained what I meant when I said that of Mimikyu on Ghost, but not here, so let me just do it here then:

You see, I run Mimikyu since gen 7, and yes, it's a good Pokémon. There are some personal things about it that I just don't like to remember happening on crucial times, like Play Rough missing (lol), and other things but these are personal. I still use it on gen 9 though with Flutter Mane, as I agree with other comment here thst they have different attack sections, so you can pretty much run both on HO teams. But that's also my personal opinion.

I said that of Mimikyu (and Annihi too, lol), because I read someone say that Mimikyu and Annihilape (at the time) could solve all Dark vs Ghost matchup as it would be easy to do, and it isn't. You can win with them, of course, but with skill, not blindfolded as he/she tried to state. But, that's ok, it was just a discussion. I worsened my comments because I didn't know how to show my point of view.

I will also seize the moment to apologize for all comments I just wasn't polite enough to discuss, even though I have the right to not agree, I was very aggressive to show out my pov. And apologize to people that I will not quote here because I don't want to extend the discussion about it, but they will know that. And the council, of course.

And that's it. I will try to keep giving my cents on the thread and monotyoe chat, because it's the metagame I like the most, and I would like to be more part of it. I also deleted my comments that I saw I commited those unpolite things.

I guess Flying will be WAY better when home arrives on ps. For now, I have some suggestions, but in advance, they aren't awesome, just some options to try, as I tried last week for Flying.

:Drifblim: It has Air Slash now! Sure, not that awesome haha, but it has two sets that I liked the most. Flare Boost+tailwind, and unburden+destiny bond. The former is a bit hard to setup, but it has decent damage, mainly because Shadow Ball is always a good neutral option against other types, and it has Thunderbolt too. The latter was a set I used to stop sweepers, not only with db, but with clear smog too. I was using a healing berry to trigger unburden, but I guess it can use a better item to trigger it.

:Gyarados: A nice one option in my opinion too. Not only moxie sweeper, but Intimidate can also be tried. I will not say much abiut it because Gyarados isn't different from gen 8 sets I guess, so people that has more knowledge about it can help better than me.

About electric resistance, I would not use dual dragon/flying. Not because it is bad, but I fear Ice when using Flying too. After :Iron Bundle: ban, maybe you can fear a bit less, but still a problem ig. So Kilo can still be an option.

Last edited:
:Skeledirge: Idk what you were thinking putting this in B-tier. This is is basically required. Ghost is not a bulky type and with many setup sweepers in the game, this is one of the few defensive options ghost has and imo has to fall back on. Even pokemon lilke iron treads and ting lu have to watch out since you have will o wisp which will be devastating for them. Also, it has access to torch song which can spiral out of control. I end up sweeping my round 1 opponent with this.
[/hide]
As another fellow Ghost user, I have to agree with you. Skeledirge is just awesome. It has good set options to use, and an awesome ability in Unaware. I will not add as much as you did, but I can also say that when testing it on my ghost teams, it was a great help against physical threats. But, not as good against special attackers. When doing SE damage against it, you don't even need specs to kill it. It has 5 weaknesses, four of them (Ghost, Dark, Ground and Water) has many options of good special attackers with good special.moves to deal with it. And when I face another Ghost team that has it, it won't last longer. In my opinion, I would give Skeledirge an S tier too, but maybe an A to be fair. I totally can build a Ghost team without it, so I just don't think is mandatory. But it's a good option.

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Mono SV Kickoff Tour
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Semi-Finals & Finals

Week 2 Usage Stats

Besides the fun saved file I'm frankly a little too tired to manually edit in tonight, the rest of the usage stats for week 2 may be found below.

42 matches were played in week 2, resulting in 84 teams being used.

Type vs type win-rates (enjoy the screenshot of my spreadsheet since the ascii table is huge):

Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 9.21.00 PM.png

Type usage & win-rates (included non-mirror win% this week, as well):
Code:
+----------+------+--------+-------+--------+-------------+---------------------+
|  Types   | Wins | Losses | Usage | Usage% |    Win%     | Win% (minus mirror) |
+----------+------+--------+-------+--------+-------------+---------------------+
| Bug      |    2 |      0 |     2 |   2.38 |         100 |                 100 |
| Dark     |    6 |     10 |    16 |  19.05 |        37.5 |                37.5 |
| Dragon   |    2 |      5 |     7 |   8.33 | 28.57142857 |         28.57142857 |
| Electric |    1 |      0 |     1 |   1.19 |         100 |                 100 |
| Fairy    |    2 |      1 |     3 |   3.57 | 66.66666667 |         66.66666667 |
| Fighting |    3 |      4 |     7 |   8.33 | 42.85714286 |         42.85714286 |
| Fire     |    6 |      5 |    11 |  13.10 | 54.54545455 |         55.55555556 |
| Flying   |    1 |      0 |     1 |   1.19 |         100 |                 100 |
| Ghost    |    6 |      5 |    11 |  13.10 | 54.54545455 |         57.14285714 |
| Grass    |    1 |      1 |     2 |   2.38 |          50 |                  50 |
| Ground   |    4 |      1 |     5 |   5.95 |          80 |                  80 |
| Ice      |    3 |      2 |     5 |   5.95 |          60 |                  60 |
| Normal   |    0 |      0 |     0 |   0.00 |           - |                   - |
| Poison   |    0 |      0 |     0 |   0.00 |           - |                   - |
| Psychic  |    0 |      1 |     1 |   1.19 |           0 |                   0 |
| Rock     |    0 |      0 |     0 |   0.00 |           - |                   - |
| Steel    |    0 |      3 |     3 |   3.57 |           0 |                   0 |
| Water    |    5 |      4 |     9 |  10.71 | 55.55555556 |         55.55555556 |

Usage by type (sorted by usage% followed by win% followed by name, if there were ties):
Code:
+------+--------------+-----+--------+------+
| Rank |   Pokemon    | Use | Usage% | Win% |
|    1 | Forretress   |   2 |    100 |  100 |
|    2 | Lokix        |   2 |    100 |  100 |
|    3 | Scizor       |   2 |    100 |  100 |
|    4 | Volcarona    |   2 |    100 |  100 |
|    5 | Heracross    |   1 |     50 |  100 |
|    6 | Masquerain   |   1 |     50 |  100 |
|    7 | Slither Wing |   1 |     50 |  100 |
|    8 | Vivillon     |   1 |     50 |  100 |
Code:
+------+--------------+-----+--------+-------------+
| Rank |   Pokemon    | Use | Usage% |    Win%     |
|    1 | Chi-Yu       |  14 |   87.5 | 35.71428571 |
|    2 | Chien-Pao    |  13 |  81.25 | 38.46153846 |
|    3 | Meowscarada  |  12 |     75 | 41.66666667 |
|    4 | Kingambit    |  11 |  68.75 | 45.45454545 |
|    5 | Ting-Lu      |   9 |  56.25 | 33.33333333 |
|    6 | Grimmsnarl   |   9 |  56.25 | 22.22222222 |
|    7 | Roaring Moon |   8 |     50 |        37.5 |
|    8 | Iron Jugulis |   5 |  31.25 |          20 |
|    9 | Sableye      |   4 |     25 |          50 |
|   10 | Wo-Chien     |   3 |  18.75 | 33.33333333 |
|   11 | Chien-Pao    |   2 |   12.5 |          50 |
|   12 | Hydreigon    |   2 |   12.5 |          50 |
|   13 | Skuntank     |   2 |   12.5 |          50 |
|   14 | Tyranitar    |   2 |   12.5 |          50 |
Code:
+------+--------------+-----+-------------+-------------+
| Rank |   Pokemon    | Use |   Usage%    |    Win%     |
|    1 | Baxcalibur   |   7 |         100 | 28.57142857 |
|    2 | Dragapult    |   7 |         100 | 28.57142857 |
|    3 | Garchomp     |   7 |         100 | 28.57142857 |
|    4 | Dragonite    |   6 | 85.71428571 | 33.33333333 |
|    5 | Roaring Moon |   6 | 85.71428571 | 16.66666667 |
|    6 | Cyclizar     |   4 | 57.14285714 |          25 |
|    7 | Salamence    |   2 | 28.57142857 |           0 |
|    8 | Goodra       |   1 | 14.28571429 |         100 |
|    9 | Hydreigon    |   1 | 14.28571429 |         100 |
|   10 | Dragalge     |   1 | 14.28571429 |           0 |
Code:
|    1 | Iron Hands   |   1 |    100 |  100 |
|    2 | Iron Thorns  |   1 |    100 |  100 |
|    3 | Kilowattrel  |   1 |    100 |  100 |
|    4 | Pawmot       |   1 |    100 |  100 |
|    5 | Pincurchin   |   1 |    100 |  100 |
|    6 | Sandy Shocks |   1 |    100 |  100 |
Code:
|    1 | Azumarill    |   3 |         100 | 66.66666667 |
|    2 | Flutter Mane |   3 |         100 | 66.66666667 |
|    3 | Grimmsnarl   |   2 | 66.66666667 |         100 |
|    4 | Iron Valiant |   2 | 66.66666667 |         100 |
|    5 | Hatterene    |   2 | 66.66666667 |          50 |
|    6 | Klefki       |   2 | 66.66666667 |          50 |
|    7 | Mimikyu      |   2 | 66.66666667 |          50 |
|    8 | Scream Tail  |   1 | 33.33333333 |         100 |
|    9 | Tinkaton     |   1 | 33.33333333 |           0 |
Code:
+------+---------------------+-----+-------------+-------------+
| Rank |       Pokemon       | Use |   Usage%    |    Win%     |
|    1 | Breloom             |   7 |         100 | 42.85714286 |
|    2 | Iron Valiant        |   7 |         100 | 42.85714286 |
|    3 | Annihilape          |   6 | 85.71428571 |          50 |
|    4 | Iron Hands          |   6 | 85.71428571 |          50 |
|    5 | Great Tusk          |   6 | 85.71428571 | 33.33333333 |
|    6 | Quaquaval           |   3 | 42.85714286 | 33.33333333 |
|    7 | Lucario             |   2 | 28.57142857 |         100 |
|    8 | Toxicroak           |   2 | 28.57142857 |           0 |
|    9 | Gallade             |   1 | 14.28571429 |         100 |
|   10 | Pawmot              |   1 | 14.28571429 |           0 |
|   11 | Tauros-Paldea-Water |   1 | 14.28571429 |           0 |
Code:
+------+--------------------+-----+-------------+-------------+
| Rank |      Pokemon       | Use |   Usage%    |    Win%     |
|    1 | Chi-Yu             |  11 |         100 | 54.54545455 |
|    2 | Torkoal            |  11 |         100 | 54.54545455 |
|    3 | Scovillain         |   8 | 72.72727273 |        62.5 |
|    4 | Volcarona          |   8 | 72.72727273 |        62.5 |
|    5 | Tauros-Paldea-Fire |   6 | 54.54545455 | 66.66666667 |
|    6 | Iron Moth          |   5 | 45.45454545 |          60 |
|    7 | Ceruledge          |   4 | 36.36363636 |          75 |
|    8 | Skeledirge         |   4 | 36.36363636 |          50 |
|    9 | Talonflame         |   4 | 36.36363636 |          25 |
|   10 | Rotom-Heat         |   3 | 27.27272727 | 33.33333333 |
|   11 | Arcanine           |   1 | 9.090909091 |           0 |
|   12 | Charizard          |   1 | 9.090909091 |           0 |
Code:
|    1 | Corviknight  |   1 |    100 |  100 |
|    2 | Dragonite    |   1 |    100 |  100 |
|    3 | Iron Jugulis |   1 |    100 |  100 |
|    4 | Kilowattrel  |   1 |    100 |  100 |
|    5 | Pelipper     |   1 |    100 |  100 |
|    6 | Talonflame   |   1 |    100 |  100 |
Code:
|    1 | Dragapult    |  11 |         100 | 54.54545455 |
|    2 | Flutter Mane |  11 |         100 | 54.54545455 |
|    3 | Annihilape   |  10 | 90.90909091 |          60 |
|    4 | Mimikyu      |   7 | 63.63636364 | 57.14285714 |
|    5 | Skeledirge   |   5 | 45.45454545 |          80 |
|    6 | Gholdengo    |   5 | 45.45454545 |          60 |
|    7 | Gholdengo    |   5 | 45.45454545 |          60 |
|    8 | Brambleghast |   4 | 36.36363636 |          75 |
|    9 | Froslass     |   4 | 36.36363636 |          25 |
|   10 | Ceruledge    |   1 | 9.090909091 |           0 |
|   11 | Gengar       |   1 | 9.090909091 |           0 |
|   12 | Palossand    |   1 | 9.090909091 |           0 |
|   13 | Polteageist  |   1 | 9.090909091 |           0 |
Code:
|    1 | Amoonguss    |   2 |    100 |   50 |
|    2 | Breloom      |   2 |    100 |   50 |
|    3 | Meowscarada  |   2 |    100 |   50 |
|    4 | Toedscruel   |   2 |    100 |   50 |
|    5 | Brambleghast |   1 |     50 |  100 |
|    6 | Scovillain   |   1 |     50 |  100 |
|    7 | Appletun     |   1 |     50 |    0 |
|    8 | Flapple      |   1 |     50 |    0 |
Code:
|    1 | Clodsire     |   4 |     80 |   75 |
|    2 | Garchomp     |   4 |     80 |   75 |
|    3 | Great Tusk   |   4 |     80 |   75 |
|    4 | Sandy Shocks |   4 |     80 |   75 |
|    5 | Ting-Lu      |   4 |     80 |   75 |
|    6 | Gastrodon    |   3 |     60 |  100 |
|    7 | Iron Treads  |   3 |     60 |  100 |
|    8 | Krookodile   |   2 |     40 |  100 |
|    9 | Palossand    |   1 |     20 |  100 |
|   10 | Quagsire     |   1 |     20 |    0 |
Code:
+------+-------------+-----+--------+-------------+
| Rank |   Pokemon   | Use | Usage% |    Win%     |
|    1 | Chien-Pao   |   5 |    100 |          60 |
|    2 | Iron Bundle |   5 |    100 |          60 |
|    3 | Baxcalibur  |   4 |     80 |          50 |
|    4 | Cloyster    |   4 |     80 |          50 |
|    5 | Froslass    |   4 |     80 |          50 |
|    6 | Abomasnow   |   3 |     60 | 66.66666667 |
|    7 | Avalugg     |   3 |     60 | 66.66666667 |
|    8 | Cetitan     |   2 |     40 |         100 |
Code:
+------+-------------+-----+--------+------+
| Rank |   Pokemon   | Use | Usage% | Win% |
|    1 | Bronzong    |   1 |    100 |    0 |
|    2 | Espathra    |   1 |    100 |    0 |
|    3 | Gallade     |   1 |    100 |    0 |
|    4 | Hatterene   |   1 |    100 |    0 |
|    5 | Indeedee    |   1 |    100 |    0 |
|    6 | Scream Tail |   1 |    100 |    0 |
Code:
+------+-------------+-----+-------------+------+
| Rank |   Pokemon   | Use |   Usage%    | Win% |
|    1 | Gholdengo   |   3 |         100 |    0 |
|    2 | Iron Treads |   3 |         100 |    0 |
|    3 | Kingambit   |   3 |         100 |    0 |
|    4 | Klefki      |   3 |         100 |    0 |
|    5 | Scizor      |   3 |         100 |    0 |
|    6 | Corviknight |   2 | 66.66666667 |    0 |
|    7 | Lucario     |   1 | 33.33333333 |    0 |
Code:
+------+-------------+-----+-------------+-------------+
| Rank |   Pokemon   | Use |   Usage%    |    Win%     |
|    1 | Iron Bundle |   9 |         100 | 55.55555556 |
|    2 | Toxapex     |   9 |         100 | 55.55555556 |
|    3 | Slowking    |   8 | 88.88888889 |        62.5 |
|    4 | Quaquaval   |   6 | 66.66666667 |          50 |
|    5 | Dondozo     |   5 | 55.55555556 |          60 |
|    6 | Quagsire    |   5 | 55.55555556 |          60 |
|    7 | Gastrodon   |   4 | 44.44444444 |          50 |
|    8 | Pelipper    |   3 | 33.33333333 | 33.33333333 |
|    9 | Floatzel    |   2 | 22.22222222 |          50 |
|   10 | Azumarill   |   1 | 11.11111111 |         100 |
|   11 | Gyarados    |   1 | 11.11111111 |         100 |
|   12 | Barraskewda |   1 | 11.11111111 |           0 |

Overall usage:
Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| 1    | Chi-Yu             |   24 |  29.27% |  45.83% |
| 2    | Chien-Pao          |   19 |  23.17% |  47.37% |
| 3    | Dragapult          |   18 |  21.95% |  44.44% |
| 4    | Annihilape         |   16 |  19.51% |  56.25% |
| 5    | Iron Bundle        |   14 |  17.07% |  57.14% |
| 5    | Flutter Mane       |   14 |  17.07% |  57.14% |
| 5    | Roaring Moon       |   14 |  17.07% |  28.57% |
| 8    | Meowscarada        |   13 |  15.85% |  46.15% |
| 8    | Gholdengo          |   13 |  15.85% |  46.15% |
| 8    | Kingambit          |   13 |  15.85% |  38.46% |
| 11   | Ting-Lu            |   12 |  14.63% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Torkoal            |   11 |  13.41% |  54.55% |
| 12   | Garchomp           |   11 |  13.41% |  45.45% |
| 12   | Baxcalibur         |   11 |  13.41% |  36.36% |
| 12   | Grimmsnarl         |   11 |  13.41% |  36.36% |
| 16   | Volcarona          |   10 |  12.20% |  70.00% |
| 16   | Great Tusk         |   10 |  12.20% |  50.00% |
| 18   | Skeledirge         |    9 |  10.98% |  66.67% |
| 18   | Scovillain         |    9 |  10.98% |  66.67% |
| 18   | Toxapex            |    9 |  10.98% |  55.56% |
| 18   | Mimikyu            |    9 |  10.98% |  55.56% |
| 18   | Iron Valiant       |    9 |  10.98% |  55.56% |
| 18   | Quaquaval          |    9 |  10.98% |  44.44% |
| 18   | Breloom            |    9 |  10.98% |  44.44% |
| 25   | Slowking           |    8 |   9.76% |  62.50% |
| 25   | Froslass           |    8 |   9.76% |  37.50% |
| 27   | Gastrodon          |    7 |   8.54% |  71.43% |
| 27   | Dragonite          |    7 |   8.54% |  42.86% |
| 29   | Tauros-Paldea-Fire |    6 |   7.32% |  66.67% |
| 29   | Iron Treads        |    6 |   7.32% |  50.00% |
| 29   | Quagsire           |    6 |   7.32% |  50.00% |
| 29   | Iron Hands         |    6 |   7.32% |  50.00% |
| 29   | Iron Jugulis       |    6 |   7.32% |  33.33% |
| 34   | Brambleghast       |    5 |   6.10% |  80.00% |
| 34   | Iron Moth          |    5 |   6.10% |  60.00% |
| 34   | Dondozo            |    5 |   6.10% |  60.00% |
| 34   | Ceruledge          |    5 |   6.10% |  60.00% |
| 34   | Talonflame         |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 34   | Scizor             |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 34   | Klefki             |    5 |   6.10% |  20.00% |
| 41   | Clodsire           |    4 |   4.88% |  75.00% |
| 41   | Azumarill          |    4 |   4.88% |  75.00% |
| 41   | Sandy Shocks       |    4 |   4.88% |  75.00% |
| 41   | Sableye            |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Pelipper           |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Cloyster           |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Cyclizar           |    4 |   4.88% |  25.00% |
| 48   | Avalugg            |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 48   | Abomasnow          |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 48   | Lucario            |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 48   | Rotom-Heat         |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 48   | Hatterene          |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 48   | Wo-Chien           |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 48   | Corviknight        |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 55   | Lokix              |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 55   | Forretress         |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 55   | Hydreigon          |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 55   | Cetitan            |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 55   | Krookodile         |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 55   | Palossand          |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 55   | Floatzel           |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 55   | Tyranitar          |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 55   | Skuntank           |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 55   | Scream Tail        |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 55   | Gallade            |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 55   | Amoonguss          |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 55   | Toedscruel         |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 55   | Toxicroak          |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 55   | Salamence          |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Masquerain         |    1 |   1.22% | 100.00% |
| 70   | Heracross          |    1 |   1.22% | 100.00% |
| 70   | Gyarados           |    1 |   1.22% | 100.00% |
| 70   | Goodra             |    1 |   1.22% | 100.00% |
| 70   | Vivillon-Fancy     |    1 |   1.22% | 100.00% |
| 70   | Slither Wing       |    1 |   1.22% | 100.00% |
| 70   | Kilowattrel        |    1 |   1.22% | 100.00% |
| 70   | Tinkaton           |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Pawmot             |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Arcanine           |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Dragalge           |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Polteageist        |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Charizard          |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Tauros-Paldea-Water |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Barraskewda        |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Indeedee           |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Bronzong           |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Espathra           |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Gengar             |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Appletun           |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |
| 70   | Flapple            |    1 |   1.22% |   0.00% |

Team combinations:
Code:
+ ---- + ------------------------------------------------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Combos of 4                                                  | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
+ ---- + ------------------------------------------------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| 1    | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Dragapult / Annihilape            |    9 |  10.98% |  66.67% |
| 1    | Kingambit / Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao / Meowscarada                 |    9 |  10.98% |  55.56% |
| 3    | Kingambit / Chi-Yu / Roaring Moon / Chien-Pao                |    7 |   8.54% |  42.86% |
| 3    | Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Chien-Pao / Grimmsnarl                |    7 |   8.54% |  28.57% |
| 5    | Volcarona / Chi-Yu / Torkoal / Scovillain                    |    6 |   7.32% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Mimikyu / Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Dragapult               |    6 |   7.32% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Mimikyu / Flutter Mane / Dragapult / Annihilape              |    6 |   7.32% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Kingambit / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Roaring Moon              |    6 |   7.32% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Roaring Moon / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Chien-Pao              |    6 |   7.32% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Kingambit / Chien-Pao / Meowscarada / Roaring Moon           |    6 |   7.32% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Dragonite / Dragapult                |    6 |   7.32% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Kingambit / Chi-Yu / Roaring Moon / Grimmsnarl               |    6 |   7.32% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Kingambit / Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao / Grimmsnarl                  |    6 |   7.32% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Roaring Moon / Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao / Grimmsnarl               |    6 |   7.32% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Kingambit / Chien-Pao / Roaring Moon / Grimmsnarl            |    6 |   7.32% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Roaring Moon / Dragapult             |    6 |   7.32% |  16.67% |
| 17   | Flutter Mane / Skeledirge / Dragapult / Annihilape           |    5 |   6.10% |  80.00% |
| 17   | Gholdengo / Skeledirge / Dragapult / Annihilape              |    5 |   6.10% |  80.00% |
| 17   | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Skeledirge / Annihilape           |    5 |   6.10% |  80.00% |
| 17   | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Skeledirge / Dragapult            |    5 |   6.10% |  80.00% |
| 17   | Mimikyu / Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Annihilape              |    5 |   6.10% |  80.00% |
| 17   | Mimikyu / Gholdengo / Dragapult / Annihilape                 |    5 |   6.10% |  80.00% |
| 17   | Slowking / Iron Bundle / Dondozo / Toxapex                   |    5 |   6.10% |  60.00% |
| 17   | Slowking / Quaquaval / Iron Bundle / Toxapex                 |    5 |   6.10% |  60.00% |
| 17   | Iron Hands / Breloom / Iron Valiant / Annihilape             |    5 |   6.10% |  60.00% |
| 17   | Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao / Meowscarada / Ting-Lu                   |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Kingambit / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl                |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Roaring Moon / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl             |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Kingambit / Meowscarada / Roaring Moon / Grimmsnarl          |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Kingambit / Chien-Pao / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl             |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Roaring Moon / Chien-Pao / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl          |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Iron Hands / Great Tusk / Breloom / Iron Valiant             |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Great Tusk / Breloom / Iron Valiant / Annihilape             |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 17   | Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Roaring Moon / Dragonite             |    5 |   6.10% |  20.00% |
| 17   | Roaring Moon / Baxcalibur / Dragonite / Dragapult            |    5 |   6.10% |  20.00% |
| 17   | Garchomp / Roaring Moon / Dragapult / Dragonite              |    5 |   6.10% |  20.00% |
| 37   | Volcarona / Chi-Yu / Torkoal / Tauros-Paldea-Fire            |    4 |   4.88% |  75.00% |
| 37   | Scovillain / Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Ceruledge                    |    4 |   4.88% |  75.00% |
| 37   | Quagsire / Slowking / Iron Bundle / Toxapex                  |    4 |   4.88% |  75.00% |
| 37   | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Dragapult / Brambleghast          |    4 |   4.88% |  75.00% |
| 37   | Gastrodon / Iron Bundle / Dondozo / Toxapex                  |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Gastrodon / Slowking / Dondozo / Toxapex                     |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Gastrodon / Quaquaval / Dondozo / Toxapex                    |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Quaquaval / Iron Bundle / Dondozo / Toxapex                  |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Slowking / Quaquaval / Dondozo / Toxapex                     |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Slowking / Iron Bundle / Dondozo / Gastrodon                 |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Quaquaval / Iron Bundle / Dondozo / Gastrodon                |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Slowking / Quaquaval / Dondozo / Gastrodon                   |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Quaquaval / Iron Bundle / Dondozo / Slowking                 |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Gastrodon / Slowking / Iron Bundle / Toxapex                 |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Gastrodon / Quaquaval / Iron Bundle / Toxapex                |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Gastrodon / Quaquaval / Slowking / Toxapex                   |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Slowking / Quaquaval / Iron Bundle / Gastrodon               |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Iron Hands / Great Tusk / Breloom / Annihilape               |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Iron Hands / Great Tusk / Iron Valiant / Annihilape          |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Froslass / Chien-Pao / Baxcalibur / Iron Bundle              |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 37   | Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Cyclizar / Dragapult                 |    4 |   4.88% |  25.00% |
| 37   | Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Cyclizar / Dragonite                 |    4 |   4.88% |  25.00% |
| 37   | Baxcalibur / Cyclizar / Dragonite / Dragapult                |    4 |   4.88% |  25.00% |
| 37   | Garchomp / Cyclizar / Dragonite / Dragapult                  |    4 |   4.88% |  25.00% |
| 37   | Flutter Mane / Froslass / Dragapult / Annihilape             |    4 |   4.88% |  25.00% |
| 62   | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Tauros-Paldea-Fire / Scovillain           |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Iron Moth / Volcarona / Chi-Yu / Torkoal                     |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Brambleghast / Flutter Mane / Dragapult / Annihilape         |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Brambleghast / Gholdengo / Dragapult / Annihilape            |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Brambleghast / Annihilape         |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Mimikyu / Flutter Mane / Skeledirge / Dragapult              |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Mimikyu / Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Skeledirge              |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Mimikyu / Flutter Mane / Skeledirge / Annihilape             |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Mimikyu / Gholdengo / Skeledirge / Dragapult                 |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Mimikyu / Skeledirge / Dragapult / Annihilape                |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Mimikyu / Gholdengo / Skeledirge / Annihilape                |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Iron Moth / Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Tauros-Paldea-Fire            |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 62   | Iron Moth / Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Scovillain                    |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 62   | Kingambit / Chien-Pao / Meowscarada / Ting-Lu                |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 62   | Kingambit / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Ting-Lu                   |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 62   | Kingambit / Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao / Ting-Lu                     |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 62   | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Ceruledge / Volcarona                     |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 62   | Torkoal / Scovillain / Ceruledge / Volcarona                 |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 62   | Scovillain / Volcarona / Chi-Yu / Ceruledge                  |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 62   | Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Iron Bundle / Avalugg                 |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 62   | Garchomp / Great Tusk / Clodsire / Sandy Shocks              |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 62   | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Skeledirge / Tauros-Paldea-Fire           |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Iron Moth / Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Talonflame                    |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Rotom-Heat / Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Volcarona                    |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Quagsire / Pelipper / Iron Bundle / Toxapex                  |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Iron Hands / Quaquaval / Breloom / Iron Valiant              |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Baxcalibur / Iron Bundle              |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Froslass / Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Iron Bundle                |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Froslass / Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Baxcalibur                 |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Froslass / Cloyster / Baxcalibur / Iron Bundle               |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Iron Jugulis / Chien-Pao / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada              |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Gholdengo / Froslass / Dragapult / Annihilape                |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Froslass / Annihilape             |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Froslass / Dragapult              |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 62   | Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Cyclizar / Roaring Moon              |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Roaring Moon / Baxcalibur / Cyclizar / Dragapult             |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Roaring Moon / Baxcalibur / Cyclizar / Dragonite             |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Garchomp / Cyclizar / Roaring Moon / Dragapult               |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Garchomp / Cyclizar / Roaring Moon / Dragonite               |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Roaring Moon / Cyclizar / Dragonite / Dragapult              |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao / Grimmsnarl               |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Ting-Lu / Grimmsnarl                 |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Kingambit / Scizor / Gholdengo / Klefki                      |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Kingambit / Scizor / Iron Treads / Gholdengo                 |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Kingambit / Iron Treads / Gholdengo / Klefki                 |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Scizor / Iron Treads / Gholdengo / Klefki                    |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Kingambit / Scizor / Iron Treads / Klefki                    |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Volcarona / Chi-Yu / Tauros-Paldea-Fire / Scovillain         |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Iron Moth / Volcarona / Chi-Yu / Tauros-Paldea-Fire          |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Iron Moth / Volcarona / Chi-Yu / Scovillain                  |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Volcarona / Torkoal / Tauros-Paldea-Fire / Scovillain        |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Volcarona / Iron Moth / Torkoal / Tauros-Paldea-Fire         |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Volcarona / Iron Moth / Torkoal / Scovillain                 |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Gastrodon / Great Tusk / Clodsire / Ting-Lu                  |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Flutter Mane / Azumarill / Iron Valiant / Grimmsnarl         |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Forretress / Scizor / Lokix / Volcarona                      |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Torkoal / Scovillain / Tauros-Paldea-Fire / Ceruledge        |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Chi-Yu / Scovillain / Tauros-Paldea-Fire / Ceruledge         |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Tauros-Paldea-Fire / Ceruledge            |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Skeledirge / Scovillain                   |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Garchomp / Ting-Lu / Sandy Shocks / Gastrodon                |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Cetitan / Chien-Pao / Iron Bundle / Abomasnow                |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Iron Hands / Lucario / Breloom / Annihilape                  |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Iron Hands / Lucario / Breloom / Iron Valiant                |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Iron Hands / Lucario / Iron Valiant / Annihilape             |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Lucario / Breloom / Iron Valiant / Annihilape                |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Garchomp / Iron Treads / Sandy Shocks / Krookodile           |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 109  | Iron Moth / Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Skeledirge                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Tauros-Paldea-Fire / Talonflame           |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Torkoal / Iron Moth / Tauros-Paldea-Fire / Talonflame        |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Iron Moth / Chi-Yu / Tauros-Paldea-Fire / Talonflame         |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Meowscarada / Sableye / Ting-Lu                  |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Chien-Pao / Meowscarada / Sableye                |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Sableye                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Chien-Pao / Meowscarada / Sableye / Ting-Lu                  |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Sableye / Ting-Lu                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao / Meowscarada / Sableye                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Chien-Pao / Sableye / Ting-Lu                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Chi-Yu / Sableye / Ting-Lu                       |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao / Sableye                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao / Sableye / Ting-Lu                       |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Rotom-Heat / Torkoal / Scovillain / Volcarona                |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Rotom-Heat / Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Scovillain                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Rotom-Heat / Volcarona / Chi-Yu / Scovillain                 |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Mimikyu / Flutter Mane / Azumarill / Hatterene               |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Quagsire / Pelipper / Iron Bundle / Floatzel                 |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Quagsire / Pelipper / Iron Bundle / Slowking                 |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Pelipper / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Floatzel                  |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Slowking / Pelipper / Iron Bundle / Floatzel                 |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Slowking / Pelipper / Iron Bundle / Toxapex                  |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Pelipper / Quagsire / Toxapex / Floatzel                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Slowking / Pelipper / Quagsire / Floatzel                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Slowking / Pelipper / Quagsire / Toxapex                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Slowking / Pelipper / Toxapex / Floatzel                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Quagsire / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Floatzel                  |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Quagsire / Slowking / Iron Bundle / Floatzel                 |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Slowking / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Floatzel                  |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Slowking / Quagsire / Toxapex / Floatzel                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Roaring Moon / Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao             |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao                |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Roaring Moon / Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Kingambit             |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Roaring Moon / Iron Jugulis / Chien-Pao / Kingambit          |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Tyranitar / Sableye / Wo-Chien / Ting-Lu                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Sableye / Skuntank / Wo-Chien / Ting-Lu                      |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Wo-Chien / Ting-Lu                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Tyranitar / Sableye / Skuntank / Ting-Lu                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Tyranitar / Chien-Pao / Sableye / Ting-Lu                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Skuntank / Ting-Lu                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Tyranitar / Skuntank / Wo-Chien / Ting-Lu                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Tyranitar / Chien-Pao / Wo-Chien / Ting-Lu                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Chien-Pao / Skuntank / Wo-Chien / Ting-Lu                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Tyranitar / Chien-Pao / Skuntank / Ting-Lu                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Tyranitar / Sableye / Skuntank / Wo-Chien                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Tyranitar / Chien-Pao / Sableye / Wo-Chien                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Skuntank / Wo-Chien                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Tyranitar / Chien-Pao / Sableye / Skuntank                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Tyranitar / Chien-Pao / Skuntank / Wo-Chien                  |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Iron Hands / Quaquaval / Breloom / Annihilape                |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Quaquaval / Breloom / Iron Valiant / Annihilape              |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Iron Hands / Quaquaval / Iron Valiant / Annihilape           |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Talonflame / Volcarona                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Chien-Pao / Baxcalibur / Iron Bundle / Avalugg               |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Froslass / Chien-Pao / Iron Bundle / Avalugg                 |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Froslass / Chien-Pao / Baxcalibur / Avalugg                  |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Baxcalibur / Avalugg                  |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Froslass / Avalugg                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Froslass / Baxcalibur / Iron Bundle / Avalugg                |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Cloyster / Baxcalibur / Iron Bundle / Avalugg                |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Froslass / Cloyster / Iron Bundle / Avalugg                  |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Cloyster / Baxcalibur / Froslass / Avalugg                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Garchomp / Great Tusk / Clodsire / Ting-Lu                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Garchomp / Clodsire / Sandy Shocks / Ting-Lu                 |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Garchomp / Great Tusk / Sandy Shocks / Ting-Lu               |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Great Tusk / Clodsire / Sandy Shocks / Ting-Lu               |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Skeledirge / Volcarona                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Iron Bundle / Abomasnow               |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Baxcalibur / Iron Bundle / Chien-Pao / Abomasnow             |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Froslass / Baxcalibur / Iron Bundle / Abomasnow              |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Baxcalibur / Froslass / Chien-Pao / Abomasnow                |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Froslass / Chien-Pao / Iron Bundle / Abomasnow               |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Quagsire / Quaquaval / Iron Bundle / Toxapex                 |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Mimikyu / Gholdengo / Dragapult / Brambleghast               |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Mimikyu / Flutter Mane / Dragapult / Brambleghast            |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Mimikyu / Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Brambleghast            |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Amoonguss / Toedscruel / Meowscarada / Breloom               |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 109  | Iron Hands / Great Tusk / Quaquaval / Breloom                |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Great Tusk / Breloom / Iron Valiant / Toxicroak              |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Great Tusk / Quaquaval / Breloom / Iron Valiant              |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Iron Hands / Great Tusk / Quaquaval / Iron Valiant           |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Roaring Moon / Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Grimmsnarl            |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Garchomp / Roaring Moon / Dragapult / Salamence              |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Roaring Moon / Salamence             |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Dragapult / Salamence                |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Roaring Moon / Baxcalibur / Dragapult / Salamence            |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Scovillain / Talonflame                   |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Chien-Pao / Meowscarada / Ting-Lu / Grimmsnarl               |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Iron Jugulis / Meowscarada / Ting-Lu / Grimmsnarl            |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Ting-Lu / Grimmsnarl                  |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Iron Jugulis / Chien-Pao / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl          |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl             |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Iron Jugulis / Chien-Pao / Ting-Lu / Grimmsnarl              |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Chi-Yu / Chien-Pao / Ting-Lu / Grimmsnarl                    |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Iron Jugulis / Chien-Pao / Meowscarada / Ting-Lu             |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Ting-Lu                |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Iron Jugulis / Chien-Pao / Chi-Yu / Ting-Lu                  |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Scizor / Gholdengo / Corviknight                 |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Gholdengo / Corviknight / Klefki                 |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Iron Treads / Gholdengo / Corviknight            |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Scizor / Gholdengo / Corviknight / Klefki                    |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Scizor / Iron Treads / Gholdengo / Corviknight               |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Iron Treads / Gholdengo / Corviknight / Klefki               |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Scizor / Klefki / Corviknight                    |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Scizor / Iron Treads / Corviknight               |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Kingambit / Iron Treads / Klefki / Corviknight               |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Scizor / Iron Treads / Klefki / Corviknight                  |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Mimikyu / Froslass / Dragapult / Annihilape                  |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Mimikyu / Flutter Mane / Froslass / Annihilape               |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 109  | Mimikyu / Flutter Mane / Froslass / Dragapult                |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
Code:
+ ---- + ------------------------------------------------------------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Combos of 5                                                               | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
+ ---- + ------------------------------------------------------------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| 1    | Chien-Pao / Chi-Yu / Roaring Moon / Meowscarada / Kingambit               |    6 |   7.32% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Chien-Pao / Chi-Yu / Roaring Moon / Grimmsnarl / Kingambit                |    6 |   7.32% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Dragapult / Annihilape / Skeledirge            |    5 |   6.10% |  80.00% |
| 3    | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Dragapult / Annihilape / Mimikyu               |    5 |   6.10% |  80.00% |
| 3    | Chi-Yu / Roaring Moon / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl / Kingambit              |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 3    | Chien-Pao / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl / Kingambit                 |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 3    | Chien-Pao / Chi-Yu / Roaring Moon / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl              |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 3    | Chien-Pao / Roaring Moon / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl / Kingambit           |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 3    | Dragapult / Roaring Moon / Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Dragonite              |    5 |   6.10% |  20.00% |
| 10   | Gastrodon / Slowking / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Dondozo                    |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Gastrodon / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Quaquaval / Dondozo                   |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Gastrodon / Slowking / Toxapex / Quaquaval / Dondozo                      |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Slowking / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Quaquaval / Dondozo                    |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Slowking / Gastrodon / Iron Bundle / Quaquaval / Dondozo                  |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Gastrodon / Slowking / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Quaquaval                  |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Great Tusk / Iron Valiant / Annihilape / Breloom / Iron Hands             |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Dragapult / Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Cyclizar / Dragonite                  |    4 |   4.88% |  25.00% |
| 18   | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Brambleghast / Dragapult / Annihilape          |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Dragapult / Mimikyu / Skeledirge               |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Flutter Mane / Dragapult / Annihilape / Mimikyu / Skeledirge              |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Annihilape / Mimikyu / Skeledirge              |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Gholdengo / Dragapult / Annihilape / Mimikyu / Skeledirge                 |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Chien-Pao / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Kingambit / Ting-Lu                    |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 18   | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Scovillain / Volcarona / Ceruledge                     |    3 |   3.66% |  66.67% |
| 18   | Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Iron Bundle / Baxcalibur / Froslass                |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 18   | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Dragapult / Annihilape / Froslass              |    3 |   3.66% |  33.33% |
| 18   | Dragapult / Roaring Moon / Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Cyclizar               |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 18   | Roaring Moon / Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Cyclizar / Dragonite               |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 18   | Dragapult / Roaring Moon / Baxcalibur / Cyclizar / Dragonite              |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 18   | Dragapult / Roaring Moon / Garchomp / Cyclizar / Dragonite                |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 18   | Scizor / Gholdengo / Klefki / Iron Treads / Kingambit                     |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Scovillain / Volcarona / Tauros-Paldea-Fire            |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 32   | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Iron Moth / Volcarona / Tauros-Paldea-Fire             |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 32   | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Scovillain / Iron Moth / Volcarona                     |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 32   | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Scovillain / Ceruledge / Tauros-Paldea-Fire            |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 32   | Lucario / Iron Valiant / Annihilape / Breloom / Iron Hands                |    2 |   2.44% | 100.00% |
| 32   | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Iron Moth / Talonflame / Tauros-Paldea-Fire            |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Meowscarada / Kingambit / Ting-Lu                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Sableye / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Kingambit / Ting-Lu                      |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Kingambit                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Ting-Lu                      |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Chi-Yu / Kingambit / Ting-Lu                        |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Torkoal / Chi-Yu / Scovillain / Rotom-Heat / Volcarona                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Floatzel / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Quagsire / Pelipper                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Slowking / Floatzel / Iron Bundle / Quagsire / Pelipper                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Slowking / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Quagsire / Pelipper                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Slowking / Floatzel / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Pelipper                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Slowking / Floatzel / Toxapex / Quagsire / Pelipper                       |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Slowking / Floatzel / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Quagsire                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Roaring Moon / Kingambit              |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Sableye / Wo-Chien / Tyranitar / Skuntank / Ting-Lu                       |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Wo-Chien / Tyranitar / Ting-Lu                      |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Wo-Chien / Skuntank / Ting-Lu                       |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Tyranitar / Skuntank / Ting-Lu                      |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Wo-Chien / Tyranitar / Skuntank / Ting-Lu                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Wo-Chien / Tyranitar / Skuntank                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Iron Valiant / Annihilape / Breloom / Iron Hands / Quaquaval              |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Iron Bundle / Avalugg / Baxcalibur / Froslass                 |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Iron Bundle / Avalugg / Baxcalibur                 |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Iron Bundle / Avalugg / Froslass                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Avalugg / Baxcalibur / Froslass                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Cloyster / Iron Bundle / Avalugg / Baxcalibur / Froslass                  |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Great Tusk / Sandy Shocks / Garchomp / Clodsire / Ting-Lu                 |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Abomasnow / Iron Bundle / Baxcalibur / Froslass               |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Brambleghast / Dragapult / Mimikyu             |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Great Tusk / Iron Valiant / Breloom / Iron Hands / Quaquaval              |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Salamence / Dragapult / Roaring Moon / Garchomp / Baxcalibur              |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Iron Jugulis / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl / Ting-Lu             |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl / Ting-Lu                   |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl / Ting-Lu                |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl              |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Grimmsnarl / Ting-Lu                  |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Chien-Pao / Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Ting-Lu                 |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Scizor / Gholdengo / Klefki / Kingambit / Corviknight                     |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Scizor / Gholdengo / Iron Treads / Kingambit / Corviknight                |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Gholdengo / Klefki / Iron Treads / Kingambit / Corviknight                |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Scizor / Gholdengo / Klefki / Iron Treads / Corviknight                   |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Scizor / Klefki / Iron Treads / Kingambit / Corviknight                   |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Flutter Mane / Dragapult / Annihilape / Mimikyu / Froslass                |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
Code:
+ ---- + ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Combos of 6                                                                         | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
+ ---- + ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| 1    | Chien-Pao / Chi-Yu / Roaring Moon / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl / Kingambit            |    5 |   6.10% |  40.00% |
| 2    | Gastrodon / Slowking / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Quaquaval / Dondozo                  |    4 |   4.88% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Flutter Mane / Gholdengo / Dragapult / Annihilape / Mimikyu / Skeledirge            |    3 |   3.66% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Dragapult / Roaring Moon / Garchomp / Baxcalibur / Cyclizar / Dragonite             |    3 |   3.66% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Kingambit / Ting-Lu                    |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Floatzel / Slowking / Iron Bundle / Toxapex / Quagsire / Pelipper                   |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Chien-Pao / Sableye / Wo-Chien / Tyranitar / Skuntank / Ting-Lu                     |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Cloyster / Chien-Pao / Iron Bundle / Avalugg / Baxcalibur / Froslass                |    2 |   2.44% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Chien-Pao / Iron Jugulis / Chi-Yu / Meowscarada / Grimmsnarl / Ting-Lu              |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Scizor / Gholdengo / Klefki / Iron Treads / Kingambit / Corviknight                 |    2 |   2.44% |   0.00% |

Last edited:
My litle Ground analysis:

-Garchomp usage has risen. I guess the main set is Stealth Rock and Dragon Tail variant?
-No Hippowdon. Sand weather has became irrelevant in a metagame without any sand spammers (aka Excadrill). But I'm still surprise about its lack of usage since Hippowdon has very reliable recovery, something Ting-Lu lacks.
-I'm suprised too about the lack of Dugtrio. In my experience, Focus Sash Arena Trap Dugtrio has helped me greatly to remove big threats in some matchups (specially that annoying mecha-Delibird).

My litle Ground analysis:

-Garchomp usage has risen. I guess the main set is Stealth Rock and Dragon Tail variant?
-No Hippowdon. Sand weather has became irrelevant in a metagame without any sand spammers (aka Excadrill). But I'm still surprise about its lack of usage since Hippowdon has very reliable recovery, something Ting-Lu lacks.
-I'm suprised too about the lack of Dugtrio. In my experience, Focus Sash Arena Trap Dugtrio has helped me greatly to remove big threats in some matchups (specially that annoying mecha-Delibird).
Especially with Bundle gone :Dugtrio:'s niche is kinda irrelevant, with Bundle you can make the case cause that mon solos ground but duggie got 35/50/70 bulk and isn't capable of KOing most mons it traps. The POV of ground builds before was to focus on the meta aside from Bundle, scarf Shocks could probably KO at low ladder but against a good pilot the only way to really defeat Bundle was with residual damage. Hazards/sand/status and using Pallosand to spinblock vs. Quaquaval. Alongside Toedscruel this could help in the Water mu but even then 1-2 mons usually would die to :Iron-Bundle: along the way.
:Hippowdon: is still a solid pick, I just see it as a good mon for a defensive backbone. I see some builds relying on :Ting-Lu: and :Great-Tusk: for physical defense, which isn't necessarily bad alongside the rest of the team with Quagsire/Clodsire/Shocks/Gastrodon/Toedscruel, etc, able to work alongside. However it's especially against Banded Phyical Fairy is where such a core would fall through, and Hippo would cover better in that sense with the residual damage and better special bulk also being neat.
Haven't really noticed a rise in :Garchomp: I think it's still more of a filler mon to round out a team with but ultimately isn't necessary for most compositions.

You should have just sent it to me directly, monotype most obsessed flying main. In the current meta flying is arguably one the worst types. So any advice I give might seem a bit try hard. Flying is great type to make a balance team, but until home and dlc you can't run it. So you have to build ho and I personally think talonflame, is one the most important mons on flying. Even though flying has access to multiple defoggers, most are trash. In this offensive meta you going have to run choice specs, band, scarf, and life orb because of power creep. Which means you're going have to pivot a lot or take chip damage from orb. So defog talonflame pulls it's weight especially with wilo wisp and flame body.
Offensive flying is still diverse and having access to dragon sudo legends allows for some cool builds! Also corv should run iron head and body press. You don't want to get stomp by ghost types like mimikyu, dragpult, frolass, and you especially want to hit fairy because half the team is probs weak to it. If have any questions just ask me! I've had the most success with it tbh, also kilo bird is needed you don't want to wish you had elec immunity until you need it.

Last edited:
Especially with Bundle gone :Dugtrio:'s niche is kinda irrelevant, with Bundle you can make the case cause that mon solos ground but duggie got 35/50/70 bulk and isn't capable of KOing most mons it traps. The POV of ground builds before was to focus on the meta aside from Bundle, scarf Shocks could probably KO at low ladder but against a good pilot the only way to really defeat Bundle was with residual damage. Hazards/sand/status and using Pallosand to spinblock vs. Quaquaval. Alongside Toedscruel this could help in the Water mu but even then 1-2 mons usually would die to :Iron-Bundle: along the way.
:Hippowdon: is still a solid pick, I just see it as a good mon for a defensive backbone. I see some builds relying on :Ting-Lu: and :Great-Tusk: for physical defense, which isn't necessarily bad alongside the rest of the team with Quagsire/Clodsire/Shocks/Gastrodon/Toedscruel, etc, able to work alongside. However it's especially against Banded Phyical Fairy is where such a core would fall through, and Hippo would cover better in that sense with the residual damage and better special bulk also being neat.
Haven't really noticed a rise in :Garchomp: I think it's still more of a filler mon to round out a team with but ultimately isn't necessary for most compositions.
Oh yeah Its time for monotype to feel the Landslide. Ground is the best type in the meta after the bans in my biased opinions with two Pokémon that kept ground down getting banned.
1670965599899.png
and
1670965625800.png
. Ground is at the top until the metashifts abit and more teams show what anti-ground tech there is. for now here is some tech for the best of the rest of popular anti-ground Pokémon I have been seeing. as well as my thoughts on ting-lu vs Hippowdon. I love ground!

I really like
1670961773522.png
over
1670961822595.png
. with the meta getting more and more defensive now that the biggest offensive abusers are leaving. Hippos ability to switch in over and over and slack off damage is very underrated. It really is a tossup and a choice between playstyle I think. Hippo has less bulk but with a special wall set can take pretty much every attack Ting lu can take while setting up rocks. 80% of the time Hippo can heal of the damage as well. Ting-lu is bulkier and has Ruination giving it a 50% nuke against everything. blanking physic attacks as well is really good. I think that hippo takes the edge because it has less weaknesses, being able to be useful as a wall against fighting, fairy, and mono
1670964697219.png
and dealing with
1670964726452.png
without sandstorm can be an issue. Ground also has abunch of hazard setters, every ground type worth using has spikes or stealth rock, so unlike dark where Ting-Lu is your only real option for hazards we are not lacking.

Ground only has a few Pokémon that it really fears. Meowscarda, Amoogus, and Corviknight, They each are extremely difficult to check on ground and we only carry one Pokémon to check each in most MU. Two of them are handled well by Garchomp which makes it almost mandatory on any and all Ground teams moving forward. Also be on the watch for
1670965070658.png
and
1670965056958.png

1670962062879.png
This mon is a pain in the ass for Ground to check. It will likely get KO's with the scarf set and if its banded it will always Kill. I have seen more of the scarf on it then Band. I would imagine that without the speed it is easily revenge killed.
1670962124677.png
usage has risen because tankChomp is the best ground pokemon at taking flower trick. This give you a chance to switch in and fire fang or swords dance on the switch.
1670962390734.png
can take a flower trick but not switch in. However if they switch Meowscarda in and flower trick you can whirlwind and slack off the damage easy. The Dark Mu does not have many stuff that can deal 50% damage to a special wall hippo with out boosts.
1670966150625.png
is much better here. Being able to set up on it and and if Meowscarda is band or if Ting-Lu has lefties. it is a three KO.

252+ Atk Meowscarada Flower Trick vs. 252 HP / 136 Def Garchomp on a critical hit: 153-181 (36.4 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Possible damage amounts: (153, 156, 157, 159, 160, 162, 165, 166, 168, 169, 171, 174, 175, 177, 178, 181)

252+ Atk Meowscarada Flower Trick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon on a critical hit: 290-344 (69 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Possible damage amounts: (290, 294, 300, 302, 306, 308, 312, 314, 318, 324, 326, 330, 332, 336, 338, 344)

252+ Atk Meowscarada Flower Trick vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Ting-Lu on a critical hit: 222-264 (49.2 - 58.5%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (222, 224, 228, 230, 234, 236, 240, 240, 242, 246, 248, 252, 254, 258, 260, 264)

252+ Atk Meowscarada Flower Trick vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ting-Lu on a critical hit: 222-264 (43.1 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Possible damage amounts: (222, 224, 228, 230, 234, 236, 240, 240, 242, 246, 248, 252, 254, 258, 260, 264)

1670962778124.png
This is a punk I swear it will not beat your team outright but you will constantly have to overextend to get pitiful damage on it. The only thing that works constantly on ground is
1670962857291.png
. on my garchomp I am now running SD to 2HKO The fungus. a set with steath rock or spikes, Swords dance, earthquake, and dragon tail or outrage or dragon claw. This helps support the team while giving you good options against Meowscarda and the fungus.
1670963176860.png
is strong enough to get good damage with earthquack and its a 2HKO at +1 or with a band. but it does not have the Spdef to take giga drains so it will die against the fungus. Claudsire can tank indefinitely against it but you will have a bad time it will get spored or at least it should get spored.

+2 0 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Amoonguss: 267-315 (61.8 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
Possible damage amounts: (267, 270, 273, 276, 279, 283, 286, 289, 292, 295, 298, 301, 304, 307, 310, 315)

1670963589191.png
I am glad that flying and steel are bad RN because just like in gen 8 ground cannot deal with the bulk up + Taunt + Roost + Attack Corviknight set. Are only hope is sandy shocks and mine is usually scarfed so I am playing a game of guess the switch in the flying MU. Luckily
1670964342773.png
has a move against all three of flying's defensive pokemon at the moment .IDK what Kilowattrel runs but it will die or be chunked by power gem. You can put specs on sandy shocks to give you even better damage against these mons. Currently there is no need for a huge speed threat on ground so the added damage can be good. No Corvikight is running max SPdef I think. So the scarf for revenge killing can be good.

252+ SpA Sandy Shocks Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 248-294 (62 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Possible damage amounts: (248, 252, 254, 258, 260, 264, 266, 270, 272, 276, 278, 282, 284, 288, 290, 294

252+ SpA Sandy Shocks Power Gem vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kilowattrel: 198-234 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (198, 200, 202, 204, 208, 210, 212, 214, 216, 218, 222, 224, 226, 228, 230, 234)

252+ SpA Sandy Shocks Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 416-492 (115.8 - 137%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (416, 422, 426, 432, 434, 440, 446, 450, 456, 462, 464, 470, 476, 480, 486, 492)

Currently Ground is in a great place in the meta. We have a even or winning match up against everything but Grass and and only a few Pokémon to worry about. Your options are vast and I don't feel overpowered or helpless,the most difficult pokemon to check for us is Amoonguss. If your an avid ground player like me you should enjoy are few week at the top of the meta. Dark is still up there and I have not seen water since the Iron bundle ban so IDK what water is doing. Ghost is still very powerful and has plenty of options even without Anniliape.

I can come back and post some teams of what I have been running since the start of the gen.

Attachments

Last edited:
If we had to nominate mons for suspect I think :Dondozo: should be at the top of any suspect list. Gen 6 Talonflame had more counterplay on Bug than there is for Dondozo right now, :Houndstone: and :Palafin-Hero: were all far easier to play around and handle than Dondozo is for Bug. The Bug Type is definitely what has the hardest time with the fish, where it's oppressive to the point of being completely uncompetitive. However, even outside bug it's an extraordinary threat on the meta that can pretty easily win against most types that didn't pack a specs special attacker. All the while having the incredibly team support of water, allowing it to usually have it's threats countered so it can get multiple opportunities to win throughout a match. Many neutrals run techs specifically for dozo as well, with Grass Knot specs Iron Valiant being the easiest to identify. I think it's pretty safe to say that Dondozo is centralizing in the metagame, and this is still while not having extraordinary usage. Even the idea of Dondozo will completely invalidate builds that would otherwise be effective in the metagame.

Just to clarify what :Dondozo: does, it's primary set is Rest/Sleep Talk/Curse/Water STAB. Running a physically defensive spread allows Dozo to act more as a defensive wall throughout the match, completely invalidating physical attackers. For reference, Dondozo can switch into a Band Azumarill and take a maximum of 41%, meaning after leftovers it would be able to curse turn 2 and have enough hp turn 3 to guaranteed live a third Play Rough in a row and use Rest.
A special defensive Dozo carries far more sweeping potential, and is the set that right out invalidates Bug type while also being able to force game over even when Special Wallbreakers are still on the field. Specs Gholdengo for example, does less than 50% to Dondozo with Shadow Ball. Iron Valiant Specs Moonblast also does below 50%, and Dondozo is largely why the move Grass Knot has seen usage on the specs set.
Physically Defensive Dondozo generally has better defensive utility, shutting down just about every Physical Wallbreaker, while still being able to autowin vs. teams once their special wallbreakers have been defeated. Special Defensive Dondozo on the other hand has far fewer needed win conditions to force wins, but isn't able to switch into Physical Wallbreakers the same way a Physically Defensive set would.

Here are 2 battles, these aren't perfect examples of it's use, literally just 2 battles I had 10 mins ago in a tour, I didn't save every battle but for the most part Dondozo has been able to do what Dondozo does. In the future I'll get a replay when I play dozo water with Bug. From replays you can see, even when Dondozo is not pushing for a sweep, it's more than capable of fully shutting down physical attackers. Also, as you can see in the second battle I posted, the opponent tried to bring in their special attackers and weren't able to do it safely as I caught them on the switch, meaning that Dondozo set was an instant gg while they still had 4 pokemon on the field. This is with physically defensive Dondozo I will specify, a Special Defensive set would've taken a high roll of 57% from Specs Hurricane Jugulis and been able to sweep the rest of the team from there.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1740911623
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1740917662

Also when I said earlier that Dondozo limits teams in the builder, I quite literally mean that in order to try and cover as much as I can with a team, I've had multiple occasions where it was either have a stronger team vs. the meta or a team that doesn't autolose to Dondozo. The most recent example for me is Ice, where I made a snowless team I found effective vs. the meta without Bundle, only to realize that I would need to replace a pokemon completely if I didn't want to autolose vs. Dondozo. The resulting team is still workable but far less effective overall, relying on a more niche set/mon in order to beat the :Dondozo:. It feels to me at least that this is a mon that many people have started to recognize as busted, but haven't made any posts for/brought any momentum into suspecting against. Either way, I consider the way it severely limits builds and pressures players into running less viable teams, can force game over scenarios rather easily, and is quite literally a 6-0 vs. bug all more than enough reason to push for a suspect.

Last edited:
If we had to nominate mons for suspect I think :Dondozo: should be at the top of any suspect list. Gen 6 Talonflame had more counterplay on Bug than there is for Dondozo right now, :Houndstone: and :Palafin-Hero: were all far easier to play around and handle than Dondozo is for Bug. The Bug Type is definitely what has the hardest time with the fish, where it's oppressive to the point of being completely uncompetitive. However, even outside bug it's an extraordinary threat on the meta that can pretty easily win against most types that didn't pack a specs special attacker. All the while having the incredibly team support of water, allowing it to usually have it's threats countered so it can get multiple opportunities to win throughout a match. Many neutrals run techs specifically for dozo as well, with Grass Knot specs Iron Valiant being the easiest to identify. I think it's pretty safe to say that Dondozo is centralizing in the metagame, and this is still while not having extraordinary usage. Even the idea of Dondozo will completely invalidate builds that would otherwise be effective in the metagame.

Just to clarify what :Dondozo: does, it's primary set is Rest/Sleep Talk/Curse/Water STAB. Running a physically defensive spread allows Dozo to act more as a defensive wall throughout the match, completely invalidating physical attackers. For reference, Dondozo can switch into a Band Azumarill and take a maximum of 41%, meaning after leftovers it would be able to curse turn 2 and have enough hp turn 3 to guaranteed live a third Play Rough in a row and use Rest.
A special defensive Dozo carries far more sweeping potential, and is the set that right out invalidates Bug type while also being able to force game over even when Special Wallbreakers are still on the field. Specs Gholdengo for example, does less than 50% to Dondozo with Shadow Ball. Iron Valiant Specs Moonblast also does below 50%, and Dondozo is largely why the move Grass Knot has seen usage on the specs set.
Physically Defensive Dondozo generally has better defensive utility, shutting down just about every Physical Wallbreaker, while still being able to autowin vs. teams once their special wallbreakers have been defeated. Special Defensive Dondozo on the other hand has far fewer needed win conditions to force wins, but isn't able to switch into Physical Wallbreakers the same way a Physically Defensive set would.

Here are 2 battles, these aren't perfect examples of it's use, literally just 2 battles I had 10 mins ago in a tour, I didn't save every battle but for the most part Dondozo has been able to do what Dondozo does. In the future I'll get a replay when I play dozo water with Bug. From replays you can see, even when Dondozo is not pushing for a sweep, it's more than capable of fully shutting down physical attackers. Also, as you can see in the second battle I posted, the opponent tried to bring in their special attackers and weren't able to do it safely as I caught them on the switch, meaning that Dondozo set was an instant gg while they still had 4 pokemon on the field. This is with physically defensive Dondozo I will specify, a Special Defensive set would've taken a high roll of 57% from Specs Hurricane Jugulis and been able to sweep the rest of the team from there.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1740911623
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1740917662

Also when I said earlier that Dondozo limits teams in the builder, I quite literally mean that in order to try and cover as much as I can with a team, I've had multiple occasions where it was either have a stronger team vs. the meta or a team that doesn't autolose to Dondozo. The most recent example for me is Ice, where I made a snowless team I found effective vs. the meta without Bundle, only to realize that I would need to replace a pokemon completely if I didn't want to autolose vs. Dondozo. The resulting team is still workable but far less effective overall, relying on a more niche set/mon in order to beat the :Dondozo:. It feels to me at least that this is a mon that many people have started to recognize as busted, but haven't made any posts for/brought any momentum into suspecting against. Either way, I consider the way it severely limits builds and pressures players into running less viable teams, can force game over scenarios rather easily, and is quite literally a 6-0 vs. bug all more than enough reason to push for a suspect.
:Dondozo: After the ban of Palafin, Dondozo took the reigns as the dominant force on Water, alongside Iron Bundle. I definitely agree that Dondozo is restrictive in teambuilder. So often do I find having to prepare for Dondozo in extremely unorthodox ways to ensure that it doesn't steamroll through a team. The aforementioned Bug is a perfect example. I began to run Modest offensive Volcarona, as Giga Drain can 2HKO a physically defensive Dondozo. While Bug does fare better against Physically Defensive Dondozo, you might as well click x if up against the SpDef variant, as there is essentially no counterplay outside of perhaps spike-stacking combined with these niche sets with bug-type pokemon who carry Giga Drain and/or Energy Ball, which is far from reliable. Bug is not the only example, however, as I often feel a need to run Choice Specs Grass Knot Iron Valiant on Fairy teams, which to me is far from optimal, just to make sure it doesn't sweep my team. Dondozo also has a tremendous defensive core to support it, consisting of Toxapex, Slowking, and Quagsire/Gastrodon. Slowking and Toxapex can both safely switch into the Grass tech and punish the opponent by Setting up Toxic Spikes or clicking Chilly Reception to gain momentum.

These are just a few examples on why Dondozo is so effective, and while Pokémon such as Flutter Mane and the Revival Blessing duo are often the first to come to mind when thinking of problematic Pokémon, I believe Dondozo needs to be thought of in the same vain.

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
is a Community Contributor
To add onto the Dondozo chain of posts, I don't have much to add which already hasn't been said but I will take my own twist onto why Dondozo is an unprecedented pokemon, something we haven't experienced in competitive pokemon ever really.

I would bring a comparison of Dondozo now as a general pokemon and what it does and compare it to Quagsire in ORAS PU, which ended up being banned. While the reason why Quagsire got banned there would be different from if Dondozo got banned here, both had the Curse set that they run pretty successfully. Even outside of ORAS PU, Curse Quagsire has always been a set which under the right conditions could sweep. Now for Dondozo in SV Monotype, the opportunity for Dondozo to set up comes incredibly easily and I mean, incredibly easily. And it all comes down to one important thing. Stats.

Now think back throughout the generations. When has there ever been a non-legendary pokemon that has a HP stat greater than, let's say, 110, and has the defences relatively not that far away from their HP number? It's never been a thing. Wailord? 170HP but base 45 in both defences. Drifblim? Shares the same HP as Dondozo but has base 44 defence and base 55 special defence, the defence stat being less than half of Dondozo's. Even the HP titan of generation 9 Cetitan, only has 65 and 55 in defence and special defence respectively. I've headcanoned this as "balance" seeing how a high HP mon would be very hard to take down with high defensive stats as well but they were like "nah Dondozo, time to slap 115 defence."

Dondozo doesn't even need defensive investment to not get 2hkod by strong physical attackers as long as its HP is maxed out. It's a scary thing where a pokemon that has no defence EVs, puts them into spdef and still tanks as well as Quagsire itself. Like unbelievable. Dondozo requires you to have your special attackers carry Thunderbolt or some Grass move they could have access to really threaten it and even then, unless they are Choice Specs, they cannot even secure the 2hko if it's not STAB. Like WyvernKing said, Bug is literally solo'd by Dondozo on its own, evidenced by here and here and the only time I actually lost to Bug while using Dondozo was because I was getting spdef dropped by Bug Buzz. If a type's best chance of defeating a pokemon is by 10% chance spdef drops, then we have a problemo.

Since I was able to update the sheet for SV with some Ticken help, me and sasha also wanted to make SV Mono Welcome Tour usage stats, you can find those here.
Those are updated till last games played today for Round 3 and I will update this weekly. If you notice any mistake / if i have missed any alt feel free to reach me!

Giyu

Love is the most twisted curse of them all
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Slither Wing @ Occa Berry
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Flame Charge
- Bulk Up

I've been using this on Bug and it is phenomenal. Typically, players expect a Choice Band set or something similar and just get surprise attacked.

View attachment 473828I am glad that flying and steel are bad RN because just like in gen 8 ground cannot deal with the bulk up + Taunt + Roost + Attack Corviknight set. Are only hope is sandy shocks and mine is usually scarfed so I am playing a game of guess the switch in the flying MU. Luckily View attachment 473836 has a move against all three of flying's defensive pokemon at the moment .IDK what Kilowattrel runs but it will die or be chunked by power gem. You can put specs on sandy shocks to give you even better damage against these mons. Currently there is no need for a huge speed threat on ground so the added damage can be good. No Corvikight is running max SPdef I think. So the scarf for revenge killing can be good.
spdef corv is actually common on flying mono, though I don't know about steel. Though the flying mu shouldn't really be focus unless your facing a flying main

Been trying out ghost builds, and been trying out so so many because of how awkward the 6th slot is. I've been finding it very difficult to fully cover everything I'd want to, though I'll make a point that ghost can definitely be teched for most types.

One mon I've been trying out that's pretty fun is Mismagius. Taunt/nasty plot/grass knot/shadow ball beats bulky water, especially with hazards up, and with levitate I find it more useful for such a role than :Gengar: cause of how :Mismagius: helps in the ground mu. Not S tier or anything completely busted lmao, but especially in this meta it's a stallbreaker set I consider pretty cool that definitely helps with the water/ground.

Edit: Thought I'd specify, this shit still C/D Viability

Last edited:
Bit late to the parade on people doing Ghost VR but I'd been using Ghost a ton past few days so thought I'd make a post. Also, gonna say that Ghost certainly isn't S Tier anymore and is more along the likes of a 4-6 in rankings overall. It's still a strong type, A tier in my books, and can be teched to answer different types very easily. That being said, filling the hole that Annihilape left is very difficult. Annihilape was the glue on ghost structures and without it, choosing the last 2 mons on a team I find a bit more irritating and awkward.

S Rank
Dragapult: Tons of different sets to use here. Been running more Scarf now with the Annihilape ban, but especially on a screens team Dragon Dance sets put in work, and a specs is definitely viable as well to shoot off Fire Blasts in the Steel MU or Dracos/Tbolt vs. Dondozo. Mush mentioned a hex set earlier I believe, but when I was building I never thought that such a set would be too beneficial.

Flutter Mane: Specs is what I consider the best here, though Scarf is solid as well. The big seller with Flutter is it's movepool, with coverage options such as Energy Ball/Power Gem/Psyshock/Tbolt. I guess you could do a calm mind or calm mind/taunt set but seems like a bit of a waste of potential with the matchups it helps in.

Brambleghast: Gonna agree with Mushamu here, Brambleghast is S tier in my books. The only team I'd consider doing Ghost without it on is if I was running Screens. With Strength Sap it can be deceivingly difficult to kill, Spin support is much appreciated, and I find it nowhere near difficult to get off hazards vs. types such as Ground and Water. The moves I run are generally Rapid Spin/Spikes/Strength Sap/filler, with the last move being either Power Whip, Giga Drain, or Curse. Curse I'll make note of as really neat on this mon, especially against pokemon such as Clodsire or Toxapex it can be a solid way to pressure them while they try to set tspikes and Brambleghast is trying to spin. Ordinarily Bramble would be Toxic'd and need to try and switch out or accept a layer, but with curse you end up creating alot more free turns and ability to gain momentum.

Mimikyu: In this meta that's shifting a bit bulkier than it was when Annihilape/Chi Yu broke in defensive backbones, Mimikyu is finding itself more frequently on the sidelines when facing the top meta. That being said it's role on a ghost team can't really be replaced. Mimikyu's ability to check Offensive Threats, Dark Types, and Sweep Attempts you couldn't hold back makes it crucial to Ghost structure. I have been able to make somewhat successful teams without it, but the teams I find most consistent and reliable overall would always have Mimikyu.

A Rank

Gholdengo: Contrary to what some people may think, Gholdengo is nowhere near necessary in a build, and is generally a mon that fills the last 2 spots when I put a team together. That being said, Gholdengo is such a good pokemon all around. Free switchins on mons like Toxapex, hazard removal blocker, and setup sweeper or wallbreaker all in one. Considering it's Ghost, the types that it's ability to block hazards comes most in handy for have been Rock/Poison/Flying so far. In general I don't think there are any meta or high viability types that rely on defog/mortal spin instead of Rapid Spin, so the matchups Gholdengo helps with to keep hazards up are generally ones Ghost already handles pretty well. This neat perk works great with Ghost hazard stack strategy. I prefer specs on Gholdengo considering how common Unaware is with mons like Dondozo/Clodsire, but it's Nasty Plot set is a force to be reckoned with. I saw a post about a bulky T-Wave/Recover/Hex set earlier in forums, and after trying it out, generally think that Gholdengo would be more effective with it's more common sets.

:skeledirge: :Palossand: :Spiritomb:
Skeledirge Palossand and Spiritomb: If I had to rank the 3 in terms of viability, I'd put Palossand first and Skeledirge third. Mushamu made a good point on :Palossand: or :Spiritomb: being necessary for the defensive backbone, but I'll also agree that :Skeledirge: is A tier. The 3 are all extremely effective for this role and will help fit to answer different issues with your team. :Palossand: is the most viable in my opinion. Reliable recovery, insane physical bulk (this thing took 56% from a +2 Iron Thorns Ice Punch), Rocks support, and important STAB coverage. I have found having Earth Power to be incredibly useful for what it hits. Also, even though Skeledirge resists fire, I by far prefer Palo for that matchup for Rocks. :Spiritomb: is surprisingly solid as well, with infiltrator as an ability being super useful in a screens meta, the dark neutral allowing it to answer mons like Chien Pao and Meowscarada, as well as mons that may spam Knock Off like Great Tusk/Iron Treads. Pain split isn't the most reliable recovery but is still useful, and Willo to shut down physical attackers. :Skeledirge: I loved far more in the pre Annihilape ban meta, and it's weakness to Ground and Dark are pretty big for a Ghost mono. With Unaware it can completely shut down setup sweepers such as Baxcalibur, and with Torch Song can prove rough to handle for types such as Poison as well. I'm putting it A tier because I have 100% been able to replace the other 2 with it depending on build, and it's phenomenal for what it does as well, but it's definitely the closest to B of the 3 for me.

B Rank

:Gengar:
Gengar: Saw people putting this A tier earlier and I just don't see it, it's nowhere near as easy to put on a ghost team as S/A tier mons, and it's role is generally a spot fought for with pokemon I see as B/C tier. T Spikes lead is solid, overall awesome offensive mon as well with choice sets, substitute sets, and an expansive movepool that allows for nasty plot/support options/coverage. I'll experiment with it a bit more to see if I change my mind, but as far as viability goes - it's spot on the team is not one nearly as important as other pokemon. Scarf and specs are neat but 110 is nowhere near the speed tier it used to be, with many people running far faster mons as scarf such as Dragapult/Flutter/Chien Pao/Meowscarada. All the while it's unable to outstep mons such as +1 Roaring Moon. Specs, Sub, and T Spikes I see as the more viable options for it so far. In general Gengar seems a solid mon that is extremely versatile, but if it's not a team built with it in mind as a T Spikes lead it seems like an awkward fit comp wise for many mus.

Ceruledge: Honestly, I love Ceruledge. Cool mon, fun to use, and a combination of Weak Armor + Swords Dance + Bitter Blade can make it incredibly difficult to play around for types weak to fire. The bane of Ceruledge however comes from a simple issue in the teambuilder. It's role almost completely overlaps with Mimikyu. Ceruledge does have plenty of perks. It has an easy time with some of Mimikyu's counter's such as Corviknight, Amoonguss, and Bulk Volc, and when set up right Ceruledge can be devastating for HO teams to try and counter. Ceruledge's reliance on a Sash or Screens is nowhere near as dependable as Disguise, and it needs far more on team support to be put in proper position. Plus if hazards aren't kept off, Ceruledge can find itself having a near impossible time getting a chance vs. types such as Dark. Ghost teams with Ceruledge + Mimikyu will also find itself needing to prep far more for types such as Mono Water, which often has multiple pokemon that can answer both of them. Teams with Dondozo and Toxapex for example both completely wall the two mons. I'll still make teams that have Ceruledge, it's genuinely fun to use and definitely a solid Swords Dance sweeper, but composition wise I definitely find it a bit of a rough trade off.

C Rank

Froslass: Froslass is a solid hazard lead, with a speed tier and perfect movepool to reliably get off spikes and help start the game off with momentum for Ghost. I think everyone knows what Froslass does, though it does do it incredibly well. I considered putting it B, but honestly thought C was a better place for it. My point of view is that it's a solid hazard lead, but is such a complete 1 trick mon that if you want to lead with it, you need to expect the opponent will be trying to counterlead Froslass the best they can. In some cases, this leads to the opponent able to comfortably start the match with a mon up and few consequences. In addition, pure HO I find a bit inconsistent in general. You can definitely make viable teams with a spikes lead like Lass, but I find it tends to be more delicate of a build that isn't super consistent.

:polteageist:
Polteageist: Also a bit of a one trick, however it's power in the Ground MU makes it an incredibly viable option. It can also be solid in the Water game, though that depends heavily on the team and situation as it can't touch Dondozo and is easier to counterplay with the likes of Aqua Jet/Swift Swim/Assault Vest Slowking. Even at +2, Scarf 110's and faster will outspeed it, meaning the likes of Scarf Gengar/Chien Pao/Roaring Moon/Flutter/Dragapult, etc, will shut it down immediately. Polteageist is a potent shell smasher for sure, but is not one I'd consider too reliable for most matchups.

:Sableye:
Sableye: I personally love Sableye as a screen setter. Screens with either taunt/will o /twave/recover/encore, it's reliable and will consistently be able to get screens up for you. That being said, Sableye worked better with Annihilape. Annihilape's Taunt Bulk up set would allow it to taunt Ting Lu lead's trying to capitalize on Sableye's inability to do anything with it's prankster immunity, plus screens made the monkey all the more threatening. Screens without Annihilape is nowhere near as dangerous in my opinion, though Sableye is still a solid mon for this role and can get screens up multiple times in a match, while also having a decent bit of versatility for utility moves. I would put Sableye more of a C tier compared to Froslass being like C+, but think that the playstyles you get from the 2 of them both aren't as viable as bulky offense.

D Rank
Drifblim: Ground immunity is neat + defog, nobody mentioned :Oricorio-Sensu: which I haven't tried out but also has these 2 qualities, I'd imagine Drifblim is more reliable overall whereas Oricorio answers Volc.

:Rotom:
Rotom: As far as a screen setter goes, I'm not sure how sold I am on Rotom. The ground immunity is neat, and it can get will os off vs. ting lu and dark types unlike Sableye. It also has a better lead matchup vs. some taunt users as it can just volt switch out and bring momentum into your favor, with pivoting being neat to have in general. Rotom doesn't have a great matchup against many leads though, Meowscarada can just go for Knock Off Spam, Rotom can't keep hazards from coming up, it's not immune to prankster taunt like Sableye, and it's pure setup fodder for Shed Tail Dragon. It seems to be like a screens lead that struggles against other leads is why I put it here.

:Mismagius:
Mismagius: Honestly this mon is loads of fun to use in the right matchup, which is basically just bulky/stall builds. Taunt/Nasty Plot/Shadow Ball/Grass Knot is what I've found to my liking, proving extremely useful lategame vs. Ground, and against Bulky Water can pretty much just sweep some builds so long as you have rocks or a layer of spikes up. I would say it's better than Polteageist in that sense for the water matchup, while also proving useful in the ground and not being a waste against most bulkier teams in general. That being said, it's hard to really justify using it. Polteageist is better for more matchups, and is better in Ground which is a more important mu than bulky water for most Ghosts I've used. Stat wise :Mismagius: is pretty outclassed by :Gengar:, with Levitate being what gives Mismagius the niche here over a Taunt/Nasty Plot Gengar set. I consider Mismagius better than the other D tier mons, but not anywhere as important as the C tier mons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)