Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Great tusk can usually take advantage of garchomp, esp with BU it can setup on physical sets and phys def sets cant touch it at all. But mixed chomp can bring it in and just eq -> draco on it. If great tusk has even taken a spike worth of damage it is in range of being KO'ed by draco meteor and shows how little chip is needed to achieve it

252 SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 329-387 (75.8 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 329-387 (75.8 - 89.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
4 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 105-125 (24.1 - 28.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
believe someone already made a garchomp set to beat tusk

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
Me, but the set is so different overall from mine that i think this is legal, im not sure tho

:ss/dragonite:
Dragonite @ Silk Scarf / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Hurricane
- Earthquake

Dragonite generally runs a bulky dragon dance set with roost therefore , tusk generally feels safe to switch in on a dnite . Few tusk also run ice spinner to ohko dragonite , but that is where the unexpected Hurricane comes in play . This set also beats iron valiants who think they will live +1 extreme speed

0 SpA Dragonite Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 390-462 (89.8 - 106.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Last edited:
Acrobatics Cinderace
:ss/cinderace:
Cinderace
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Sucker Punch/Court Change/Hi Jump Kick

Great Tusk’s high defenses and natural type advantage make it a good switch in to Cinderace, especially since it quad resists U-turn. This set takes advantage of Libero to change Cinderace into Flying type with Acrobatics, which is a 2HKO with an Adamant nature. Thanks to Libero, Cinderace now resists Great Tusk’s STABs, and takes less damage from Knock Off thanks to being itemless. Even if Tusk Teras afterwards, Cinderace hits Tera Steel with Pyro Ball, and only really struggles with Tera Water. The main drawbacks of this set are being forced to run no item, as Cinderace misses HDB, and having to run Adamant, although the only relevant threats you miss out on are non-Booster Energy Iron Valiant and Iron Treads. The Adamant power boost is appreciated though and Acrobatics can also hit Quaquaval for good damage. Most notably, this lure is not reliant on Tera.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Libero Cinderace Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 218-258 (50.2 - 59.4%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Felt like mentioning it , Libero works once per switch in , in this gen , so if you use a non fire type move( except acrobatics) before tusk comes in or on the tusk switch in , then you lose the flying STAB and also your typing doesnt change , so you are being forced to u-turn

Felt like mentioning it , Libero works once per switch in , in this gen , so if you use a non fire type move( except acrobatics) before tusk comes in or on the tusk switch in , then you lose the flying STAB and also your typing doesnt change , so you are being forced to u-turn
I am fully aware of this, although I didn’t explicitly mention this in my post. The assumption is that Great Tusk is your opponent’s primary Cinderace switch in, and given you are most likely forcing out whatever you come in on, it’s fairly safe to click Acrobatics straight away. Of course, if you aren’t certain your opponent will switch, or your opponent has two potential Cinderace switch ins e.g Garganacl and Great Tusk, then you can always just use Pyro Ball then Acrobatics as the Libero type change lets you take a hit.

You aren’t using anything outside of Pyro Ball and U-turn most of the time, so this is not a valid criticism.

Reminder to zaydapoketrainer, Turtlek and everyone else who wishes to participate to expalin how your pokemon/set lures Great Tusk.

pratik2007 Same for your set. Yours would be better suited for Victim of the Week. Here's a reminder of what a lure is

What a lure actually is is self-explanatory: specific Pokemon that run an unexpected move or moveset in order to weaken or directly OHKO a specific threat and pave the way for another sweeper. This allows the other Pokemon on a team to have an easier time carrying out their roles to win a game.

Reminder to zaydapoketrainer, Turtlek and everyone else who wishes to participate to expalin how your pokemon/set lures Great Tusk.

pratik2007 Same for your set. Yours would be better suited for Victim of the Week. Here's a reminder of what a lure is

What a lure actually is is self-explanatory: specific Pokemon that run an unexpected move or moveset in order to weaken or directly OHKO a specific threat and pave the way for another sweeper. This allows the other Pokemon on a team to have an easier time carrying out their roles to win a game.
hopefully this one is okay...

Can we make any changes to movepools, EVs etc before the voting stage? Or are they set in stone the second we submit them? I ask because the more I think about Tera Blast for my Zone set, the more I realize I should've slashed it over T-Bolt instead :/

Can we make any changes to movepools, EVs etc before the voting stage? Or are they set in stone the second we submit them? I ask because the more I think about Tera Blast for my Zone set, the more I realize I should've slashed it over T-Bolt instead :/
You are free to make whatever changes you want before the deadline, no worries.

Thank you to everyone who participated this time around. Between the submissions I will not be considering the Skeledirge one since Great Tusk never hard switches into it. Everyone can vote for up to 2 of the following submissions

Surf Defensive :Garchomp: by 1LDK
Acrobatics :Cinderace: by Contrary Servine
Tera Grass Energy Ball :Iron Moth: by Turtlek
Tera Grass Energy Ball :Glimmora: by Wolf-X
Will-O-Wisp Defensive :Slither Wing: by fly casanova
Tera Flying :Iron Hands: by Venduria
Life Orb Draco Meteor :Garchomp: by HydreigonTheChild
Air Balloon Iron Defense Flash Cannon :Magnezone: by Admiral_Stalfos19
Huricanne Dragon Dance :Dragonite: by pratik2007

Voting ends on Thursday Januray 26th at 23:59 EST

Congrats to fly casanova and :Slither Wing: for winning Week 6. The set is now in the Hall of Fame.

For Week 7 of Lure That Threat we have... Choice Specs Iron Valiant!

:Sv/Iron Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt / Focus Blast

One of the main special wallbreakers in the tier. Its fantastic coverage allows it to hit Pokemon that resist both of its stabs such as Clodsire, Gholdengo, Toxapex, Amoonguss, and Skeledirge. Tera Fairy power up its Moonblast to such degree that even resists can get 2HKO. As a key part of a teams offensive presence it is important to keep this Pokemon safe and be of what it is trying to get hits up against. What are some of the Pokemon that can bait such strong Pokemon?

Submissions end on Tuesday Januray 31st at 23:59 EST
Remember to explain how your submission actually lures Iron Valiant

Last edited:

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
Roaring Moon @ Chople Berry
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Normally (or at least from what I know) Roaring moon does not run Iron Head very often, so you can tera steel and clown on him

252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 20 HP / 4 SpD Tera Steel Roaring Moon: 108-128 (30.3 - 35.9%) -- 44.3% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Thunderbolt vs. 20 HP / 4 SpD Tera Steel Roaring Moon: 137-162 (38.4 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Focus Blast vs. 20 HP / 4 SpD Chople Berry Tera Steel Roaring Moon: 274-324 (76.9 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (this is what chople berry is for, to cover anything if you have to switch in dangerously)
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Psyshock vs. 20 HP / 0 Def Tera Steel Roaring Moon: 82-96 (23 - 26.9%) -- 44.5% chance to 4HKO

252 Atk Tera Steel Roaring Moon Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Iron Valiant: 300-354 (103.8 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

One day I'm going to win one of these, I swear to god

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)