Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
So over 200 voters supported action on Tera and found out that their votes didn’t count because their voices were drowned out by a vocal minority, and now competitive is dead until the Council decides to retest it. Perhaps it’s time to make our voices known through more effective means. I suggest that anyone who voted for tiering action should boycott OU until a retest happens. The meta isn’t worth playing in its current state anyway, so you won’t lose anything of value by not playing it.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
I really need people on this thread to stop attacking the system we've been following for years which is the super majority, that's how Smogon has been. Stop pressuring the council for a retest as soon as possible before Home comes out because you think the metagame is broken, some of you are really sounding like Trump 2020 wanting a recount lol.

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
I really need people on this thread to stop attacking the system we've been following for years which is the super majority, that's how Smogon has been. Stop pressuring the council for a retest as soon as possible before Home comes out because you think the metagame is broken, some of you are really sounding like Trump 2020 wanting a recount lol.
Unfortunately this would imply the use of common sense, which most people do not use :psytear:

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
I think Hillary 2016 would be a better comparison because if elections were decided by a simple majority we both would have won, but they aren’t and now everyone’s fucked because of it

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
in the interest of making any sort of real post rn:

- good to see so many people vote, though given this score it's reasonable to expect to see a retest post-home imo (would be same if ban barely won too? idk.)
- chi/yu & cyclizar should definitely be quickbanned asap, which i don't think is very controversial (fish is foregone conclusion but yeah)
- would like to see gholdengo/espathra voted on as well, think with tera they can become really over the top, gholdengo for more defensive reasons and espath for more cringe reasons.
- i imagine ape will be voted on as well. not sure how council will lean but I think greater playerbase has found it pretty acceptable since learned how to play vs it. would be understanding if it left as well.

i don't think much else would be voted on besides maybeeeee chien-pao? and maybe shed tail as a whole?

Banning the broken mons will provide a better picture also, right now there's a lot of stuff in play so if tera really is an issue we'll see better with time passing.

Just because we've been following it for years doesn't mean that it isn't shit.

Just ban Chi Yu, Chien Pao, and Shed Tail (pls don’t ban Cyclizar just ban the move) and the meta game is playable. Wishing everyone a great 2023 for SV metagames, OU and below.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Ayo listen up, nobody cares about your salt. Especially if you didn’t get reqs, but also in general. Only Garganacl has the cure for that. The matter of Tera will be looked into again if and when appropriate. This verdict is sticking in the meantime no matter how many incoherent posts and bad memes you make, and this is coming from someone who invested dozens of hours of his life into hoping for action.

In the meantime, we got a tier to fix, and I’m going to make sure it’s fixed. You can sit on the side and cry or you can participate in fixing it like well-adjusted people, but don’t go around harassing people. I’ll nuke you like I did Dynamax if so.

So now can we ban the mons that have been making the tier a mess? Now that the community has agreed that it's better to ban the mons that abuse tera rather then tera itself.

Absolutely no reason why stuff like Chi Yu or Ape are in the format now.

Personally, I thought SV OU would be better off with Tera types revealed on preview, or with 1 dedicated user. But I’m also not nearly a good enough player to get reqs (I tried, it didn’t go well), so I’m willing to sit here and be content with the results. I’m confident it’ll get retested again, and I’m also decently confident something will be done in that second test, even if I definitely won’t improve enough to make my mark by then.
with that said y’all are hilarious lmao

viivian

OU's sweetheart
is a Tiering Contributor
alright enough fun
in the interest of making any sort of real post rn:

- good to see so many people vote, though given this score it's reasonable to expect to see a retest post-home imo (would be same if ban barely won too? idk.)
- chi/yu & cyclizar should definitely be quickbanned asap, which i don't think is very controversial (fish is foregone conclusion but yeah)
- would like to see gholdengo/espathra voted on as well, think with tera they can become really over the top, gholdengo for more defensive reasons and espath for more cringe reasons.
- i imagine ape will be voted on as well. not sure how council will lean but I think greater playerbase has found it pretty acceptable since learned how to play vs it. would be understanding if it left as well.

i don't think much else would be voted on besides maybeeeee chien-pao? and maybe shed tail as a whole?
shouldn't shed tail be banned instead of cyclizar? as far as i'm aware, i do not see how cyclizar is necessarily banworthy aside from having this incredibly broken move. definitely agree with banning the other mons but banning cyclizar and not shed tail does not seem like the way to go unless i'm deeply mistaken

Ayo listen up, nobody cares about your salt. Especially if you didn’t get reqs, but also in general. Only Garganacl has the cure for that. The matter of Tera will be looked into again if and when appropriate. This verdict is sticking in the meantime no matter how many incoherent posts and bad memes you make, and this is coming from someone who invested dozens of hours of his life into hoping for action.

In the meantime, we got a tier to fix, and I’m going to make sure it’s fixed. You can sit on the side and cry or you can participate in fixing it like well-adjusted people, but don’t go around harassing people. I’ll nuke you like I did Dynamax if so.
We love you Finch <3

Mark my word, this is the cringest moment of Smogon's history. Making this kind of suspect a "supermajority" one was such as poor decision to be honest. People voted, 59% said they wanted something done about Tera but eh it seems it doesn't matter. I can't wait to watch the next SPL this is going to be something..yeah something. I’m full of bitterness, really a bad day for Smogon's strategy.
This is super disappointing to hear coming from a mod, someone who should definitely know how smogon has operated for forever. Supermajority is the law for OU suspect tests, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

alright enough fun

shouldn't shed tail be banned instead of cyclizar? as far as i'm aware, i do not see how cyclizar is necessarily banworthy aside from having this incredibly broken move. definitely agree with banning the other mons but banning cyclizar and not shed tail does not seem like the way to go unless i'm deeply mistaken
Because the Worm isn't broken. Cyclizar has regen so it can keep setting up Shed Tails through a game. Its obviously the problem not shed tail.

If I may ask, what are your planned next steps? Besides the inevitable fish ban, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)