Not open for further replies.
The team
1674278090825.png
1674278120170.png
1674278164993.png
1674278185966.png
1674278201999.png
1674278221034.png

Chien Pao gets a lot of great switch ins due to Slowking Chilly Reception, and the increased bulk in Snow can help it survive the 1v1 vs DDnite and the like. Slowking Amoongus Regen core with bulky Covert Cloak Gholdengo for Garganacl who otherwise is a problem for the team. Mixed bulk AV Great Tusk has great matchups in the meta, and double Knock Off is just really easy to spam and make progress. Meowscarada for the Dondozo matchup that I otherwise lose, as well as strong U Turns to soften up for a Chien Pao sweep. TWave Slowking is also really good at crippling threats that think they can come in and set up for free on a predicted Chilly Reception, and slow pivots are super important for this team to get safe switch ins. Only consideration I have is dropping Great Tusk Knock Off and AV for Stealth Rocks and Leftovers, but really its a cool set that I wanted to showcase with Double Knock Off to remove Choice Scarf and Rocky Helmets that otherwise may cause issues for Chien Pao. Oh and no one expects Tera Ghost when you bring in Chien Pao against DDnite and completely ignore its ESpeed.

The Team
:Chien-pao: , :amoonguss: , :great tusk: , :gholdengo: , :dondozo: , :garganacl:

Role of each member :

Chien - Pao :

Chien-pao is the protagonist of the team , and is the mon around which the team is built around . Heavy-duty boots for longevity , which allows Chien-Pao to come in again and again . Swords Dance as a boosting move , sucker punch as priority , sacred sword to hit other Chien-Pao(s) and Garganacl for supereffective damage , and icicle crash over ice spinner - the flinch chance and +10 power is worth the miss risk . Tera dark for more damage , tera ice can be used .

Amoonguss :

Naturally , the team is weak to stuffs like breelom and iron valiant . Amoonguss is the valiant and breelom check which helps to spread spore and potentially posion enemies with sludge bomb , making the cleaning job easier . Foul play is an option but giga drain heal and sludge bomb poison are both too good to miss out . Tera water on amoonguss can be used

Great Tusk :

Electric Immunity for this team which also provides for hazard removal . Assault vest to help it live certain hits . Leftovers can be used over av . earthquake for stab , knock off is really helpful in a meta with really low knock off distribution . Close combat as secondary stab , tera steel to convert its fairy and flying weakness to resists

Gholdengo :

Look up the teambuilder and say which mons pao really cannot hit without taking a lot of damage. Breelom - this thing has mach punch , Corvi , Dondozo ( unaware) curse . Well that is why gholdengo is here , and that is why it has thunderbolt in its set . Gholdengo is immune to both spore and mach punch from Breelom . Thunderbolt 2HKOs corvi and dondozo . Make it rain is a really strong steel type move , combined with the broken really helpful , good as gold ability , help Gholdengo be a really strong offensive threat . Tera steel to power up make it rain

Dondozo :

This fish doesn't really need a description . Unaware wall for the team , and Dragonite check . Curse rest talk , with waterfall stab . Tera grass to convert its electric and grass weakness to resist . A bit of sp def to live certain hits - doesnt really need lot of def evs as it can curse up .

Garganacl :

The hazard setter for this team . Purifying salt is a really good ability , and tera fairy lets Garg 1v1 pult . Salt cure is the only offensive move , but it does its job effectively . Leftovers and recover for longevity .

Last edited:
Alright, I'll drop something fun, though it's got some weaknesses.
Avalugg-Slowking BO
https://pokepast.es/e1f29ab3364c7419
:avalugg: :slowking: :chien-pao: :dragonite: :kingambit: :skeledirge:

Avalugg is a bit niche, but it's got insane defense, making it one of the few things that can switch into Tera Dark CB Crunch from Chien-Pao for example. Snow increases its defense to even more absurd levels. It's easily spinblocked though, so I find EQ is better than Avalanche or something to hit Gholdengo/Skeledirge on the switch.
Slowking complements Avalugg by being the only viable snow setter, while also covering a lot on the specially defensive side. Chilly Reception + Future Sight of course helps the star of this show and the member to build around this week.
Chien-Pao. Not a lot to say except it hits like a truck. Snow surprisingly helps it a bit as it got decent defense, so it can survive priority moves more easily and can find more opportunities to set up an SD to sweep.
Dragonite provides a ground immunity and fire resist, it also gives some more reliable priority for revenge killing and a potential threat.
Kingambit is the ghost check and SR setter. Flying is necessary considering the weaknesses of this team structure.
Skeledirge is the last slot and provides a couple nice resists and Unaware to check things like Volcarona, but also some threat on the special side. Substitute lures a good amount of its answers, and Tera Water flips the match-up on things expecting Tera Fairy.

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
GOATWORM HO (click Pokemon for link)
:iron-moth: :chien-pao: :orthworm: :grimmsnarl: :dragonite: :great-tusk:

This team was originally built around Orthworm because Orthworm is a GOAT and I wanted to try it out. It facilitates Agility Iron Moth and Dragon Dance Dragonite's sweeping potential very nicely while boasting fun defensive utility thanks to Earth Eater. Iron Moth and Chien Pao is an interesting offensive core, as Chien-Pao obliterates things that would otherwise check Iron Moth such as Ting-Lu and Dondozo, while Agility Iron Moth is extremely helpful for thwarting Water-types like Dondozo with Energy Ball. DD Dragonite is an additional breaker / sweeper that can heavily abuse Chien-Pao's absurd breaking potential as well as Orthworm's Shed Tail. Great Tusk is mainly for Rapid Spin to help Chien Pao not die automatically, but it is also an additional breaker. There isn't really much else to say about this team, it's just a screens HO.

The Team
:Chien-pao: , :amoonguss: , :great tusk: , :gholdengo: , :dondozo: , :garganacl:

Role of each member :

Chien - Pao :

Chien-pao is the protagonist of the team , and is the mon around which the team is built around . Heavy-duty boots for longevity , which allows Chien-Pao to come in again and again . Swords Dance as a boosting move , sucker punch as priority , sacred sword to hit other Chien-Pao(s) and Garganacl for supereffective damage , and icicle crash over ice spinner - the flinch chance and +10 power is worth the miss risk . Tera dark for more damage , tera ice can be used .

Amoonguss :

Naturally , the team is weak to stuffs like breelom and iron valiant . Amoonguss is the valiant and breelom check which helps to spread spore and potentially posion enemies with sludge bomb , making the cleaning job easier . Foul play is an option but giga drain heal and sludge bomb poison are both too good to miss out . Tera water on amoonguss can be used

Great Tusk :

Electric Immunity for this team which also provides for hazard removal . Assault vest to help it live certain hits . Leftovers can be used over av . earthquake for stab , knock off is really helpful in a meta with really low knock off distribution . Close combat as secondary stab , tera steel to convert its fairy and flying weakness to resists

Gholdengo :

Look up the teambuilder and say which mons pao really cannot hit without taking a lot of damage. Breelom - this thing has mach punch , Corvi , Dondozo ( unaware) curse . Well that is why gholdengo is here , and that is why it has thunderbolt in its set . Gholdengo is immune to both spore and mach punch from Breelom . Thunderbolt 2HKOs corvi and dondozo . Make it rain is a really strong steel type move , combined with the broken really helpful , good as gold ability , help Gholdengo be a really strong offensive threat . Tera steel to power up make it rain

Dondozo :

This fish doesn't really need a description . Unaware wall for the team , and Dragonite check . Curse rest talk , with waterfall stab . Tera grass to convert its electric and grass weakness to resist . A bit of sp def to live certain hits - doesnt really need lot of def evs as it can curse up .

Garganacl :

The hazard setter for this team . Purifying salt is a really good ability , and tera fairy lets Garg 1v1 pult . Salt cure is the only offensive move , but it does its job effectively . Leftovers and recover for longevity .
changed the link since the tusk image was not apprearing

I was looking to be different when creating the team, haven't really seen anyone using Snow so far on the ladder but I've had success with it.

The team:
1674435080537.png
1674434543969.png
1674434558917.png
1674434575118.png
1674434589692.png
1674434601808.png

https://pokepast.es/d082c7c3fd69649b

Iron Valiant: One of my favorite Pokémon from this generation and one of the coolest looking designs, its ultimate use on this team is to come in late game or early depending on if the opponent has Dondozo which stops both of the main sweepers in this team, (Cetitan and Chien Pao). Thunderbolt does a ton of damage to Dozo and it cannot be OHKO'd which allows you to Moonblast if you think they're going to switch out and do some damage to something that resists an incoming Thunderbolt. I opted for booster energy because the life orb set will get worn down by the Snow.

Cetitan: Looking at the current metagame's walls, other than Dondozo Cetitan can actually do some cleaning up late game. Not a lot of people want to switch into a banded Ice Spinner. It also carries good bulk as well to deal with any one that tries to set up in front of you, it has stopped countless Dragonite and Roaring Moon sweeps when they get +1 respectively. You can Superpower a Dragonite after taking a +1 tera boosted extreme speed or a +1 Acrobatics from Roaring Moon and reply with a super effective move.

Slowking: Chilly Reception has the coolest animation on Showdown, ever. Plain and simple. Yawn stops anyone that tries to set up on you + using Chilly Reception to the proper use allows you to get Snow up and allow free entry to one of your sweepers. Water/Psychic also provides great core synergy with the team being able to resist fire. Now that Chi Yu is gone, Slowking is a lot better at taking hits especially with Garganacl's immense effect on the tier. Also, Dondozo can't really do much to you, I have Yawn + Future Sighted them to death if it comes down to it.

Gholdengo: Spin blocker + ability to answer to opposing Iron Valiants which annoy Chien-Pao if it gets +1 speed. Also an answer to opposing Chien Pao if you tera to fighting to take the incoming Crunch/Sucker Punch.

Glimmora: Usually lead with this mon, being able to get Stealth Rocks up + a layer of toxic spikes is a great start. I usually memento into Slowking to get the Snow set up or you can go straight into Chien Pao if you want to start ripping into the opposing team.

Chien-Pao: The star of the team and not much has to be said. Eliminate anything that is able to wall it and it pretty much cleans up after +2 or even before that as well. Might be in contention for my favorite Pokémon of all time. With hazards wearing down anything that switches in, Chien-Pao is able to hit for pretty much perfect coverage with Dark/Ice/Fighting.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Week 4 Building phase is now over

:sv/chien-pao:

Here are the submissions

Team A by zaydapoketrainer
Shie hua piao piao bei fung Chiyao Chiyao (pokepast.es)
my legendary team.
i have played a lot of games with this. it is funny and broken.
play offensively, or else ur gonna crumble. even the ting-lu is 3 attacks, u dont realize how many fairies i have neutralized with heavy slam, its cheese but its REAL cheese.
Team B lolgod3
https://pokepast.es/d5ed3d225be6dfa0 <-- a rough team designed for balance (EDIT: Replace throat chop with sucker punch, I didnt realise the mistake until now)
Chien-Pao is Chien-Pao
Skeledirge is an unaware wall that has quite a bit of offensive pressure, and also I refuse to use Dondozo
Scizor is very good and I am definitely not biased, but it can easily deal immense damage to anything in the meta that isn't a Dondozo with +6 defence or smt
Garganacl worked quite well in a few games in which I used it, so I used it here
Tusk is Tusk, no further explanation needed
Breloom I honestly slapped onto the team because idk what to put there

By the way did you know Chien-Pao gets recover?
Chien-Pao @ Leftovers
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Crunch
- Swords Dance / Ruination
- Taunt
Do not use this btw, it is terrible and fails at everything, but it is funny imagining defensive Chien-Pao when I see recover in the teambuilder
Team C by Venduria
The team
View attachment 485687View attachment 485688View attachment 485689View attachment 485690View attachment 485691View attachment 485692

Chien Pao gets a lot of great switch ins due to Slowking Chilly Reception, and the increased bulk in Snow can help it survive the 1v1 vs DDnite and the like. Slowking Amoongus Regen core with bulky Covert Cloak Gholdengo for Garganacl who otherwise is a problem for the team. Mixed bulk AV Great Tusk has great matchups in the meta, and double Knock Off is just really easy to spam and make progress. Meowscarada for the Dondozo matchup that I otherwise lose, as well as strong U Turns to soften up for a Chien Pao sweep. TWave Slowking is also really good at crippling threats that think they can come in and set up for free on a predicted Chilly Reception, and slow pivots are super important for this team to get safe switch ins. Only consideration I have is dropping Great Tusk Knock Off and AV for Stealth Rocks and Leftovers, but really its a cool set that I wanted to showcase with Double Knock Off to remove Choice Scarf and Rocky Helmets that otherwise may cause issues for Chien Pao. Oh and no one expects Tera Ghost when you bring in Chien Pao against DDnite and completely ignore its ESpeed.
Team D by pratik2007
The Team

Role of each member :

Chien - Pao :

Amoonguss :

Great Tusk :

Gholdengo :

Dondozo :

Garganacl :

Team E by Vastus
Alright, I'll drop something fun, though it's got some weaknesses.
Avalugg-Slowking BO
https://pokepast.es/e1f29ab3364c7419
:avalugg: :slowking: :chien-pao: :dragonite: :kingambit: :skeledirge:

Avalugg is a bit niche, but it's got insane defense, making it one of the few things that can switch into Tera Dark CB Crunch from Chien-Pao for example. Snow increases its defense to even more absurd levels. It's easily spinblocked though, so I find EQ is better than Avalanche or something to hit Gholdengo/Skeledirge on the switch.
Slowking complements Avalugg by being the only viable snow setter, while also covering a lot on the specially defensive side. Chilly Reception + Future Sight of course helps the star of this show and the member to build around this week.
Chien-Pao. Not a lot to say except it hits like a truck. Snow surprisingly helps it a bit as it got decent defense, so it can survive priority moves more easily and can find more opportunities to set up an SD to sweep.
Dragonite provides a ground immunity and fire resist, it also gives some more reliable priority for revenge killing and a potential threat.
Kingambit is the ghost check and SR setter. Flying is necessary considering the weaknesses of this team structure.
Skeledirge is the last slot and provides a couple nice resists and Unaware to check things like Volcarona, but also some threat on the special side. Substitute lures a good amount of its answers, and Tera Water flips the match-up on things expecting Tera Fairy.
Team F by BT89
GOATWORM HO (click Pokemon for link)
:iron-moth: :chien-pao: :orthworm: :grimmsnarl: :dragonite: :great-tusk:

This team was originally built around Orthworm because Orthworm is a GOAT and I wanted to try it out. It facilitates Agility Iron Moth and Dragon Dance Dragonite's sweeping potential very nicely while boasting fun defensive utility thanks to Earth Eater. Iron Moth and Chien Pao is an interesting offensive core, as Chien-Pao obliterates things that would otherwise check Iron Moth such as Ting-Lu and Dondozo, while Agility Iron Moth is extremely helpful for thwarting Water-types like Dondozo with Energy Ball. DD Dragonite is an additional breaker / sweeper that can heavily abuse Chien-Pao's absurd breaking potential as well as Orthworm's Shed Tail. Great Tusk is mainly for Rapid Spin to help Chien Pao not die automatically, but it is also an additional breaker. There isn't really much else to say about this team, it's just a screens HO.
Team G by Smoochie Mack
I was looking to be different when creating the team, haven't really seen anyone using Snow so far on the ladder but I've had success with it.

The team: View attachment 486183View attachment 486177View attachment 486178View attachment 486179View attachment 486180View attachment 486181

https://pokepast.es/d082c7c3fd69649b

Iron Valiant: One of my favorite Pokémon from this generation and one of the coolest looking designs, its ultimate use on this team is to come in late game or early depending on if the opponent has Dondozo which stops both of the main sweepers in this team, (Cetitan and Chien Pao). Thunderbolt does a ton of damage to Dozo and it cannot be OHKO'd which allows you to Moonblast if you think they're going to switch out and do some damage to something that resists an incoming Thunderbolt. I opted for booster energy because the life orb set will get worn down by the Snow.

Cetitan: Looking at the current metagame's walls, other than Dondozo Cetitan can actually do some cleaning up late game. Not a lot of people want to switch into a banded Ice Spinner. It also carries good bulk as well to deal with any one that tries to set up in front of you, it has stopped countless Dragonite and Roaring Moon sweeps when they get +1 respectively. You can Superpower a Dragonite after taking a +1 tera boosted extreme speed or a +1 Acrobatics from Roaring Moon and reply with a super effective move.

Slowking: Chilly Reception has the coolest animation on Showdown, ever. Plain and simple. Yawn stops anyone that tries to set up on you + using Chilly Reception to the proper use allows you to get Snow up and allow free entry to one of your sweepers. Water/Psychic also provides great core synergy with the team being able to resist fire. Now that Chi Yu is gone, Slowking is a lot better at taking hits especially with Garganacl's immense effect on the tier. Also, Dondozo can't really do much to you, I have Yawn + Future Sighted them to death if it comes down to it.

Gholdengo: Spin blocker + ability to answer to opposing Iron Valiants which annoy Chien-Pao if it gets +1 speed. Also an answer to opposing Chien Pao if you tera to fighting to take the incoming Crunch/Sucker Punch.

Glimmora: Usually lead with this mon, being able to get Stealth Rocks up + a layer of toxic spikes is a great start. I usually memento into Slowking to get the Snow set up or you can go straight into Chien Pao if you want to start ripping into the opposing team.

Chien-Pao: The star of the team and not much has to be said. Eliminate anything that is able to wall it and it pretty much cleans up after +2 or even before that as well. Might be in contention for my favorite Pokémon of all time. With hazards wearing down anything that switches in, Chien-Pao is able to hit for pretty much perfect coverage with Dark/Ice/Fighting.

The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format. To vote you have to order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Please send any questions you might have to my DMs!

You have 4 days to vote!
:chien-pao:Deadline is Thursday, January the 26th!:chien-pao:
Reminder: you can't include your own team in the string of votes

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Week 4 is over! Congratulations to pratik2007 for winning this round. Your team will be added to the archive shortly.
1674937643736.png
apologies for the delay in ending the voting round, I decided to hold off as I wanted to give Greninja a few days since he is our next victim as well as the fact people were submitting their votes incorrectly. please make sure you're using the correct format.

WEEK 5: Greninja
:sv/greninja:
with greninja just being released a few days ago, not much is really known about what gren will run in the meta. there has been a lot of testing with utility and specs sets, however, that could change after a few weeks of SPL. We do know one thing though, due to grens large move pool and good stats it makes it very malleable in teambuilding. Gren can fill many roles on teams making it one of the most creative pokemon out there. I can't wait to see what kind of teams you guys build with greninja and how it fits in our current meta.

:greninja: You have until Thursday, the 2nd of February to post your teams :greninja:
this may be extended depending on the number of submissions

Discord server I was in wanted to build a triple-Protean team after Gren dropped and I threw this together, gotta say for some gimmicky mid it's actually quite fun.
Since they're all U-Turners who can abuse each other's checks and force a lot of switches I figured it'd be easy to capitalise off that and make a hazard stack offence team. Chomp was the lead of choice since the team's so loaded with pivots it's be easy to come in and reset hazards on a continuous basis throughout the game as needed and punish opposing removal, momentum, and general physical offence with contact chip. Treads was chosen to support against opposing hazard stack as that can be a real pain for this kind of team. Ghold was the obligatory last thanks to its defensive, offensive, and utility offerings, opted for Scarf Plot after some experimenting as the most consistent option.
Gren is a somewhat weird tack-on set, I didn't run LO since I don't like the idea of reducing it's longevity when spamming U-Turn but E-Belt neutered its general offensive potential when using Pump or Pulse in catch-all situations and Specs made it feel too prediction reliant in situations so Wise Glasses ig. Knot helps catch shared checks with Ace. You can probably experiment with all of these sets tbh.
This squad's ass, don't get it twisted, but it's fun ass.

Last edited:
The Team

Role of each member :

Chien - Pao :

Amoonguss :

Great Tusk :

Gholdengo :

Dondozo :

Garganacl :

Some changes which can make this tean better . Leftovers on amoongus over black sludge and tera dragon on dondozo (helps against volc too ) . With that being said , I will edit this post when I am done making the new team.
Edit : I did not edit the imports , just mentioned it here in case any one wants to use the team

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
PUPL Champion
Some changes which can make this tean better . Leftovers on amoongus over black sludge and tera dragon on dondozo (helps against volc too ) . With that being said , I will edit this post when I am done making the new team
please do not edit the import, the version of the team that won is the one that’s added to the archive . Any edits should’ve been made during the building phase.

https://pokepast.es/30f864d0895fd526
:arboliva: :greninja: :glimmora: :great tusk: :garganacl: :kingambit:
(ignore the name of the team, noticed there's 4 mons with names starting with G so i did that)
I aimed to get a bulky offense team, and Greninja is a great water type option. While Azu and Rotom-Wash might've been better, Greninja can outspeed and deal with Tusk, as well as set up spikes on Pex. It can also beat Dragonite at 1 DD when it hasn't tera'd yet (tera normal can be beaten by Great Tusk)
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 618-728 (142.3 - 167.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Hydro Pump can miss)
Arboliva is a great special attacker that gets slept on. Its fantastic natural bulk, ability to sit on Ting-Lu as well as its ability to provide passive recovery to Great Tusk and Kingambit, can be valuable. It can also lure Gholdengo and Cinderace and destroy it with Earth Power. Substitute can be replaced with Strength Sap if needed, though it can be unreliable at times. The ground resistance from gterrain is cool though.
Glimmora is another special attacker, and covers Arboliva's weaknesses pretty well. It can set up rocks, but also surprise opposing Tusk with energy ball or opposing glim with earth power
The obligatory Great Tusk requires no explanation, other than that it fits well onto the team
Garganacl is a wall that has some offensive pressure, and can clean up late-game if needed
Kingambit is quite bulky and beats many threats such as Espathra and Dragapult with sucker punch, and is another good late-game mon

Last edited:

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
GRENINJA HAZARDS
:greninja: :garchomp: :gholdengo: :chien-pao: :great-tusk: :volcarona:

:greninja: - The centerpiece of the team. With Choice Scarf, Greninja outspeeds the entire unboosted tier, as well as some mons at +1 like Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon. Rock Slide hits Chien-Pao for supereffective damage, Ice Beam covers Dragon-types, and U-Turn provides helpful momentum for the team. I used the Scarf Set from Gen 7, but changed Spikes to Toxic Spikes since Garchomp already has Spikes. Toxic Spikes in tandem with Protean grants Greninja helpful resistances against Fighting- and Fairy-type moves.

:garchomp: - This particular Greninja set hates Steel-types so I added Garchomp. Garchomp also completes the hazard stack with Stealth Rock and Spikes, and can use Dragon Tail to both stop sweepers and take advantage of chip damage from hazards.

:gholdengo: - Staple on hazard stack teams due to its ability to keep hazards on the field. Air Balloon is necessary since Tusk is perhaps the best hazards remover rn. Gholdengo is able to check Tusk Sets not running Knock Off. Tera Fighting is a defensive Tera in order to flip its weakness to Dark-types.

:chien-pao: - Chien-Pao is one of the best abusers of hazards rn due to Sword of Ruin dropping Def. Ice Shard for revenge killing, Sacred Sword for coverage. It's also Banded in order to handle Unaware mons.

:great-tusk: - The team doesn't appreciate hazards so far, so Great Tusk was needed. Knock Off allows GT to check Air Balloon Gholdengo that would otherwise easily beat it.

:volcarona: - The main Tera user of the team. The team was struggling against Corviknight, so I added volcarona to check it. With Tera Grass, Volcarona is able to improve its matchups against Water-types such as Rotom-W and Dondozo and keep them in check with Giga Drain.

Rain + Greninja Specs

pokepast.es/136fc1aa76bfc296
This team is based around Rain Offense
(sorry if it's bad lol)

-THE RAIN SETTER-
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

Pelipper is Pelipper. It sets up the rain, then pivots out to Greninja with U-turn, while it casually destroys the opponent's team. Hurricane for the main attack for Pelipper (Hurricane can't miss in rain, and gets STAB), Knock Off for utility and Roost to heal back up to health

-THE FLAGSHIP-
Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

The flagship of the team, Greninja. Greninja's role is to normally weaken the opponent's team early game or to finish it off late game. Gave it Choice Specs so it could maximize its damage output as possible, and I chose Battle Bond for that Special Atk and Speed boost when KO'ing a Pokemon.
Ghost Tera to make sure it doesn't get KO'ed by an Extreme Speed or a Mach Punch.

-THE TRICKSTER-
Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

If you played Gen 9 OU for a little while, you know what this Pokemon does.
There are a lot of popular sets for Gholdengo, but the Choice Scarf has to be the most popular set of them all. It's simple. Choice Scarf multiplies the speed of the holder, and Trick lets you switch the opponent's item with yours.
And Tera Fighting to resist most Dark-type moves from most Pokemon.

-THE WALLS-
Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Salt Cure
- Protect
- Recover
-----------------------------------
Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Chilling Water
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

These two Pokemon are here to give defensive support to the team. Garganacl sets up Stealth Rock and has been given Protect so it can stall out Pokemon when they're Salt Cured. Toxapex's role is to cripple mons with Toxic and Chilling Water. And after all that hardwork, the opponent is met with Recover.

-THE PHYSICAL ATTACKER-
Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

I've realized that most of my attackers are Special, which means they will suffer against Special Defensive Pokemon (e.g Clodsire, Chansey, etc).
So Dragapult will be the main attacker for those type of walls. Dragon Darts to attack the enemy twice, just in case the first hit didn't KO or do enough damage. Phantom Force to avoid any super-effective moves (DRagapult is SUPER fast, out speeds every Pokemon in this meta) AND do damage on the second turn. Sucker Punch for priority and U-turn to switch out.

And that's my team for Greninja.
See-yall later! :D

:greninja: :magnezone: :Dragonite: :Ting-Lu: :Great Tusk: :Dragapult:
(Click Team for the pokepaste)​

:Greninja:
I wanted to try out scarf Gren, as I thought it would be pretty good due to its ability to outspeed and KO threats like Chien Pao, Dragapult, +1 Iron Valiant, and +1 Roaring Moon. Low kick is there since it cleanly OHKOes Chien and does more damage to non Tera Roaring Moon than Ice beam (Low kick is a 75% roll to KO from full).

:Magnezone:
I paired it with Magnezone, since it can deal with the water types that wall Greninja, such as Dondozo and Toxapex. I think Mag is pretty underrated right now, since the top ground type, Great Tusk, does not want to switch into specs flash cannon. Mag also threatens Garg nicely, as it can cover both its common Tera options in Water and Fairy with its stabs. Trapping Corviknight is still also a nice quality.

:Dragonite:
Since Mag traps Corv, I put in a bulky Ekiller Dragonite to act as both a win con and a switch in to mons like Iron Moth, Cinderace, and Meowscarada.

:Ting-Lu: :Great Tusk:
Ting-Lu provides Spikes and a Gholdengo answer (most special attackers in general), while Tusk is the physical switch in and hazard removal. Bulk Up is there to more consistently answer opposing Dragonite.

:Dragapult:
Lastly, I wanted a fast threat that could take advantage of the holes Magnezone could create, so I went with specs Pult. I chose modest since timid only really outruns Chien Pao, but Pult can't stay in most of the time due to Sucker/shard anyways. Modest Pult with Tera Ghost can be a strong breaker or cleaner.

Team does have quite a few weaknesses, such as against opposing Greninja. There's no safe switchin to Valiant or Pao, so I usually have to play aggressively to limit their opportunities. I managed to get reqs just using this team, so it is successful to some degree. I've had a lot of fun using it. Thanks for reading!

(Also if anyone has any ideas to optimize the Gren spread, would be appreciated. Unfortunately, max spatk is needed to KO Pult from full with beam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)