this is a WIP, but I might as well get my list up on the forums
(# left: 3)
Aerodactyl - Fine
Swellow - Revamp
(# left: 3)
Aerodactyl - Fine
- It was uploaded very recently and looks fine
- What I'm going to do myself is remove Poison Jab from OO (does more against nothing), and change/remove the mentions of Drapion (and change to Tomb) and Quagsire. I'm also going to elaborate a bit on Haunter - SubDisable will completely wall it because Stone Edge is the only way to hit it - it won't Will-o-Wisp
- I'm beginning to leaning toward Return > Head Charge on the Substitute set. No recoil damage is a huge advantage because it conserves Bouff's great bulk and makes it more annoying to kill, and Bouffalant is already pretty strong if it gets the Sap Sipper boost anyway. However, I'm not really sure, so what do you guys think?
- Swords Dance + 3 Attacks may need to be added, but that can be done in a separate thread.
- Random mentions of hazard support without any specific KOs.
- Some of the sets look pretty short in description, with some being under 300 words (if you delete bits about hazard support, both Scarf and Life Orb fall under 300 words)
- The fact that it can't deal with Steel or Ghost types at all is actually a huge problem and its pretty much the reason why it not a huge threat anymore.
- The analysis isn't outdated, but I think it at least needs a bit more in teammates to add more and delete the hazard support tidbits, more general descriptions in the sets to make it a bit more detailed, and more of an emphasis, especially in the overview, as to its 2 flaws which are really big (being frail and getting completely walled by something is bad in this metagame). Checks and counters is also a little short when it gets revenge killed by literally everything.
- Tone down that overview. Otherwise this is fine
- Leafeon will be replaced with Alomomola for Wish support and Sandslash will be removed, but other than that it looks fine. (Quaggy is there but it destroys the Smash set)
- Set order needs to change: Cutsap) > Smash > that set Nails posted > Defensive.
- Maybe a small expansion of Checks and Counters
- I plan on toning down the overview (and maybe a little bit of the set comments) but that's honestly it. Ditto is not really very good but some that's nothing some quick edits can't fix.
- I'm pretty sure most people agree that CB is Durant's best set in the current metagame. It threatens everything in the tier, requires no set up, and is in general a strong and fast Pokemon.
- Thunder Fang should have the first slash over Rock Slide on CB and in the AC of Hone Claws. Something that can hurt Qwilfish and Poliwrath while still giving the pain against Flying-types is pretty good, possibly better than Rock Slide due to the fact that Stealth Rock is everywhere and is letting Thunder Fang kill stuff like Moltres. I'd rather hit Qwilfish and Poliwrath than Rotom and Entei especially when Rotom is frail and slower, and Entei doesn't like taking a Superpower and is also slower (both are usually offensive)
- Superpower is too essential to pass up on for HC, should probably be alone with Rock Slide in AC or seomthing.
- Slash Lum Berry after Life Orb on HC
- More teammates would be very nice, especially on CB (aka something other than Pokemon that can take Fire moves)
- Maybe a bit more of a mention of competition
- Deslash Specs (put in AC) and put Expert Belt instead. Specs is kinda bad on Galv and if you don't like the recoil then you should probably go with E-Belt because Galv gets nice coverage.
- I honestly don't really like HP Ground because its way less useful thanks to Nido's leave. Literally all you get is Steelix and I'm pretty sure you still might lose, and Electrics take almost as much from Bug Buzz. Giga Drain and Volt Switch are generally more useful as a result of this.
- Do you agree with the above two things?
- Random hazard mentions
- Possibly more teammates
- It should be emphasized Natu only really works on Voltturn teams that don't have time for Rapid Spin but otherwise it looks fine.
- Useless Stealth Rock info in the Swords Dance set (and bad setters, to boot)
- Mentions of Whimsicott, Scyther, etc.
- Life Orb > Focus Sash on the first set. Scolipede is much better as an offensive spiker than a suicide lead, and although Sash still deserves a slash, Life Orb is better to make its Megahorn scarier. Maybe slash Aqua Tail somewhere on that set too but I don't know where.
Swellow - Revamp
- Some of the Pokemon mentioned include: Dusknoir, Wynaut, Sawk, offensive Carracosta, and Rapid Spin Hitmonchan. While I replaced most of these with better alternatives or removed them via SCMS as of posting this, I think that gives you an idea of how outdated it is.
- The main set has Pursuit and a Flame Orb both of which are bad. AC has Work Up which is also bad. (Pursuit was so strange that I just removed it)
- The structure is a bit strange as it mentions teammates before alternative moves and such, and it seems to be missing stuff throughout.
- OO and Checks and Counters are very shallow (for instance, it mentions "Choice Scarf Pokemon" in C&C but none in particular)
- Needs more of an emphasis about its speed stat in general. Outspeeding Sceptile and Scarf Emboar is an incredible feat - its more than just "one of the fastest Pokemon in the tier" as a result.
- The first bit is completely false, Volbeat doesn't impact the tier much. There is also no mention of it being a weather supporter.
- Weather Support > Baton Pass? Volbeat is quite possibly the best option ever to set up Rain in the tier. Also, I think Sunny Day sould be removed, as I think Whimsicott is the superior option at setting up sun.
- The fact that Weather Supporter has Baton Pass + Tail Glow really bothers me.
- 73 base attack with a STAB U-turn isn't half bad, and prevents it from being Taunt bait. Also, using Baton Pass on a Pokemon with Prankster means you switch in first which means you aren't safe which is bad on a weather supporter! Also Thunder Wave is worth considering on the weather supporter.