Sweet People Only Rock Kakuna (SPORK) Tourney - REGISTRATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think banning roar/WW and fire blast would really help, since the three teams I have seen besides mine all use skarms and lots of fire blast. It is gay.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Slickee said:
If it's going to be common, then people should be smart enough to equip counters on their team.
Yea, and Rapid Spin are not banned, so use it! With no Leftovers, ghosts will die pretty easily anyways.

Flub said:
I think banning roar/WW and fire blast would really help, since the three teams I have seen besides mine all use skarms and lots of fire blast. It is gay.
Fire Blast helps curb the Skarm factor, since it's seriously been untouched by nearly all the move bannings, unless I'm forgetting something...

And like I said before, if you're seeing that all the time, then you should have no problem thinking up of a counter. :p

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright everyone, here's some answers to a few questions being raised.

Some moves I left UNBANNED for a reason (IE Fire Blast, Thunder, Spikes, etc). For the last time, the list is now final. If it's not on the list, it's not banned. Period. Same goes for items. I understand the confusion with the "evasion ban". For clarification, brightpowder/lax incense/quick claw etc are NOT BANNED.

Not in(because I hate standard), but instead of struggling to get 128, wouldn't it be possible to make it 96 and do a round robin finals? Or just reduce it to the first 64 people and make the rest subs or something?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright guys, since the signups are slow now and 128 is doubtful, I'm thinking of doing 96 people. I had a different idea for evening it out though. I could do Round Robin finals, OR I could issue 32 random Byes for the first round. this would in effect level the field down to 64 following the first round, and making the tournament run as normal. Any objections to this? Which option sounds better?

I don't think Justin is going to allow you to give 32 random byes in Round 1...to be safe you're better off going for 96 with the round robin finals.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like the Round Robin final idea. In the event of a tie, though (like I beat Sanders, who beats chaos, who beats me), what happens?

WaterBomb said:
Alright guys, since the signups are slow now and 128 is doubtful, I'm thinking of doing 96 people. I had a different idea for evening it out though. I could do Round Robin finals, OR I could issue 32 random Byes for the first round. this would in effect level the field down to 64 following the first round, and making the tournament run as normal. Any objections to this? Which option sounds better?
Option 3: Disqualify anyone who qualified for this tournament that has 3 posts or less! This would also in effect make the whole rest of the tournament run much, much faster.

After this and SF the "banned from joining tournaments" list should be made a litttle bigger.

I personally prefer Round Robin over the byes. Kinda unfair to those that do need to get their battles in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)