SS OU Swift Swim Barraskewda & Life Orb Nidoking (1250+ on Ladder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this is my first successful team which helped me reach 1250+ in OU ladder. It is pretty hard for me to keep up so I think I thought to post my team here please help me with suggestions.

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Psychic Fangs

Barraskewda is the main sweeper in this team. It boosts its speed with the help of pelipper and sweeps of most pokemons but being weak in defense I need to switch out and get help from The Pex and Mandibuzz.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic

Mandibuzz takes care of high stat attackers like Kartana, Urshifu-R, etc. It also helps as a Defogger. Toxic helps a lot for passives to take out opponents.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Haze
- Baneful Bunker

The Pex, deals with Pheromosa (if rain is active then I use psychic fangs Barraskewda to deal with it),etc. Though ground types are a thing that it can't handle much.
It also helps as Tank sometimes when spamming scald. Knock off is what I added replacing recover as I couldn't handle walls without it. Its ability helps it heal while switching out.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Acts as defogger and supports Barraskewda. Being defensive helps deal with attacks while others switch out.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

This is my wallbreaker which handles annoying walls like clefable, magearna, etc. At the same time it helps being a sweeper.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Discharge
- Volt Switch

I kept this as a revenge killer. It gets help from rain to spam thunder. 32 EVs in speed to outspeed bulks and clefable.
Things I have mostly struggled with are SD speed boost Blaziken, Urshifu-Single Strike. Also my team is weak to Chloro Growth Venusaur.

That's it my OU team please help me out with suggestions :D

Last edited:

Cri

The Unbeatable
I like the zone and nido in this team. Not something usual to see them. I suggest Hurricane on Pelipper, many fighting type opponents that will be hard to face.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Reactions: TPP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)