Switch Ports / Remakes you want to see

From remakes (Links Awakening, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon) to ports (Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros U, Mario Kart 8), Nintendo has been pretty willing to put older games onto the Switch. What’s your wishlist for what they port next? There’s rumors of Super Mario Galaxy and more WiiU ports swirling, and PMD and Links Awakening came with little warning, so it’s hard to say anything is off the table.

Personally, I’d like to see an HD Link to the Past remake, and a port of Twilight Princess would be nice as well.

I would love to see the original Super Mario Galaxy remastered. I personally think its the best Mario game ever made because of its unique level design and darker theme for a Mario game. I may be bias because I grew up with but whatever.

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I am not sure if it counts as a port, but having the possibility to play the GBA/NDS main Pokémon games on a Switch virtual console would be amazing :) similarly to what we had on the 3DS, and to some extent on the Wii U with side games

Asek

Banned deucer.
jet force gemini would be cool on a controller that isnt n64
dragon quest ix is the only one in the series to be exclusively available on a handheld, would be nice to see it get a home console release with an hd upgrade. square seems pretty keen to bring older rpgs onto the switch, so i think this is somewhat likely. i would be pretty happy to see more of dragon quest in general on the switch, they already added a heap of final fantasy!
i never had wii u or gamecube, so wind waker hd getting put onto switch would be welcome too

i really hope nintendo reconsiders its pricing for ports / hd remakes tho. theyre often criminally overpriced

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Someone already mentioned Skyward Sword but that's probably number 1 on my list.

Looking through my game collection, I think a low cost Pokemon Pinball remake/continuation would be fun and an easy $1-5 sale on the eShop.

I'm also a big fan of Spectrobes and thought the whole series got really overlooked as Beyond the Portals is one of my favorite games of all time. It's kind of a dead Disney series with the last game released over a decade ago, but I think a 3DS port of the original could've gone over well and a Switch re-release could be super cool considering the first game's controls were a little wonky.

Pokemon Ranger is also something I'd like to hope for, though I'm not sure how they'd make the capture styler work in both docked mode and handheld mode.

Really niche, but I'd love to see a remake collection of the first three Starfy games. With Starfy only being kept alive by Smash nowadays, what better time than now to both bring him back and finally get the classic trilogy released outside of Japan?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Kid Icarus Uprising! It's one of my favorite 3DS games, and I feel like it would work great with the Switch's dual-analog controls!
I see a lot of people say this, but honestly, I think Kid Icarus Uprising would control really horribly without the DS stylus. U can’t even give it the Splatoon treatment and use motion/stick fusion controls considering how integral screen flicks are to the camera fluidity, which is then compounded by how aiming isn’t focused in the centre of the screen like most other shooters.

It’s a shame, because KIU is one of my all-time favourite games, but unless we get a new dual-screen system I can’t see a remake being good.

I see a lot of people say this, but honestly, I think Kid Icarus Uprising would control really horribly without the DS stylus. U can’t even give it the Splatoon treatment and use motion/stick fusion controls considering how integral screen flicks are to the camera fluidity, which is then compounded by how aiming isn’t focused in the centre of the screen like most other shooters.

It’s a shame, because KIU is one of my all-time favourite games, but unless we get a new dual-screen system I can’t see a remake being good.
You definitely have a point there. I mostly said that because I really want to see more of KIU, be it a remake, a sequel, or something else.

For me, it's Super Mario 3D World. I think it's an incredibly underrated Mario game and it manages to combine excellent level design from the 2D platformers, with 3D mechanics and I thought it was really fun. That game, and my next game, are the only games on Wii U that I sincerely miss ever since I gave my Wii U away to a friend.
The other game that came to mind was The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. I loved Wind Waker to pieces when I first played it on Wii U (and it was the game that came bundled with my console). I had always wanted to play it on GameCube but I had a PlayStation 2 when I was a kid and as such didn't get to experience Wind Waker until I got my Wii U. And I loved it. While I think both the original, and the remake both still look great (partly because of the art style that's so unique and beautiful at the same time), imagine how good it could look on the Switch. In addition: the Switch has roughly 52 million units sold compared to only 13 million for the Wii U.
As a result, many more people will have gotten to play this masterpiece that holds a special place in my heart.
Also, Super Mario 64 (being the first game I ever played) remastered in HD would be amazing but I'm not holding my breath on that one as Nintendo seems hesitant to remaster their games outside of Zelda and Pokemon

A good amount of the games I want remade are ones that were originally released in around the timeframe I started gaming (late GBA/ early DS/GCN) that I heard about later or otherwise missed my chance at a fresh cartridge. Most prominently Custom Robo, Golden Sun, Advance Wars and pokemon XD.

WWF No Mercy [even if its with modern rosters].

I dont know if it would happen on Switch since they were OG on the PS2, but I always loved the Dark Cloud series of games and thought Dark Cloud 1 & 2 getting remakes would be a GREAT addition to the Switch catalog.

Reactions: tcr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)