Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Remember when they claimed the Wild Area was about the size of two regions in BOTW? What a joke that turned out to be. Maybe, maybe it's twice the size of the tiny region you start BOTW in.

Something random but that I thought interesting is that according to the posts from Victory Road

Calyrex is classified as Restricted, but the two horsies are classified as regular Legendaries.

It's a first, since for all other ""fusion"" Pokemon, both components were classified as Restricted.
The sad part is that Keldeo is banned. They let you obtain it in game normally, and you still can’t use it. Really TPC?

The sad part is that Keldeo is banned. They let you obtain it in game normally, and you still can’t use it. Really TPC?
I don't think they plan to ever "de-mythicalize" him or Deoxys, even if they are obtainable in game.
Pretty sad as I love Keldeo, but I can't think of any case where they actually "changed" the category of a Pokemon :\

I guess thsi is their way of getting around wanting to ban specific forms of Calyrex, but the poor thing has 500 BST, it's okay, you can let it into VGC, no one is going to be mad about it.
He can join Cosmog and Cosmoem :P

I don't think they plan to ever "de-mythicalize" him or Deoxys, even if they are obtainable in game.
Pretty sad as I love Keldeo, but I can't think of any case where they actually "changed" the category of a Pokemon :\
Or they could just make it legal despite being a Mythical Pokemon.

Calyrex is classified as Restricted, but the two horsies are classified as regular Legendaries.

It's a first, since for all other ""fusion"" Pokemon, both components were classified as Restricted.
I don't think it's too unusual. Glastrier and Spectrier have stats on par with "minor" legendaries unlike Reshiram, Zekrom, Solgaleo, and Lunala, and normal Necrozma and Kyurem are left out because Pokémon seem to be banned on a species basis, so they can't ban some forms but not others.

With the exception of Ash Greninja.
Odd you mention that, because Ash-Greninja was avalible as a free download from a Demo that it is still obtainable today. Yet, it was banned from Battlespot formats all together.

On the flipnote, Gigantamax Eevee and Pikachu were obtainable only from Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee, 120$ paywall for both prior to Wild Area events that made them free. Yet, both were allowed in Battle Stadium despite being behind a paywall initially.

Odd you mention that, because Ash-Greninja was avalible as a free download from a Demo that it is still obtainable today. Yet, it was banned from Battlespot formats all together.

On the flipnote, Gigantamax Eevee and Pikachu were obtainable only from Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee, 120$ paywall for both prior to Wild Area events that made them free. Yet, both were allowed in Battle Stadium despite being behind a paywall initially.
Part of me wonders if Ash-Greninja was banned specifically because it'd basically be adding another mega to your competitive party.

Was Ultra Necrozma allowed in the final years of gen 7 vgc? I watched some videos of the tournament but I don't remember anyone opting to use it and I'm not sure if htat was just because of z crystal being better off on someone else, not being worth the set up in general compared to the other necrozmas/restricted pokemon or not being allowed.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Ash-Greninja had a BST of 640 with 145 Attack, 153 Special Attack, 132 Speed.

If you're using G-Pikachu & G-Eevee you're giving yourself a handicap.

Part of me wonders if Ash-Greninja was banned specifically because it'd basically be adding another mega to your competitive party.

Was Ultra Necrozma allowed in the final years of gen 7 vgc? I watched some videos of the tournament but I don't remember anyone opting to use it and I'm not sure if htat was just because of z crystal being better off on someone else, not being worth the set up in general compared to the other necrozmas/restricted pokemon or not being allowed.
But it’s not like Mega where you can change form at will, you have to actually KO a Pokémon before picking up a knockout. Your a basically a worse Greninja without a KO.

And speaking of Ultra Necrozma, yes it was allowed in VGC in the Ultra Series and it was very popular. I don’t think being a second mega is Ash Greninja’s ban reason, otherwise Ultra Necrozma should be banned as well.

Ash-Greninja had a BST of 640 with 145 Attack, 153 Special Attack, 132 Speed.

If you're using G-Pikachu & G-Eevee you're giving yourself a handicap.
Then Cosmog, Cosmoem, and Calyrex should be allowed through your logic. And besides, Arash Ommati placed 1st online using Gmax Pikachu, so it’s not like their are completely usable.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, going after the Regi now, and just discovered you can only pick one *sigh*.

So, like with Glastrier, going to pick the less popular one, which one is that?

So, going after the Regi now, and just discovered you can only pick one *sigh*.

So, like with Glastrier, going to pick the less popular one, which one is that?
Probably Regidrago. Regieleki is shockingly (heh) good competitively thanks to its ridiculous speed and Transistor, and that speed is just so comically high that I'm pretty sure people who don't care about competitive will still prefer it because

Regidrago doesn't do much in comparison.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I’m about to replay the whole game + DLC, CT is clearly postgame content, but when should IoA optimally be played to try and fit with the main story?

Ultra necro was allowed. Though funnily enough
1) If you were streaming or recording for youtube, you had to actually obscure the Z move animation as that one would get copyright claimed for some godforsaken reason
2) Overally it was worse than just flat out running Duskmane due to omnipresence of fairies (tapu/xern) and requiring the double investment of restricted + Z-move

Thus it ended up having low usage.

As for Ash-Gren, it was banned purely cause it's essentially an event mon.
If i'm not wrong, Lycandusk was also banned in gen 7 for comparable reason, though it's now allowed in gen 8 as it's regularly catchable in game without requiring to breed from the event one.

So I’m about to replay the whole game + DLC, CT is clearly postgame content, but when should IoA optimally be played to try and fit with the main story?
As soon as you got access to it, take this into consideration:

the Slowpoke you have to catch is level 12
both your rival and Mustard have 2 pokemon, both unevolved, making them weaker than Milo
the pokemon you get access during the fields of honor are unevoved except for the roamers

do keep in mind that as you advance in the story the challenges go up in level, but even the Urshifu quest is recommended to be taken at level 30, recommended I did mine at level 25

Last edited:
do keep in mind that as you advance in the story the challenges go up in level, but even the Urshifu quest is recommended to be taken at level 30, recommended I did mine at level 25
If you can buff up the Kubfu with some TR / TMs, it's doable earlier (plus, he'll also have access to EVs). I think someone made it at 24 back when IoA was released.

From the levels involved, I believe that the "intended" route of Isle of Armor is akin to:
-go there as soon as you hit the wild area
-Do the first trial
-Go back and mess with Milo & Nessa
-Second trial
-Go back and do Kabu
-Third trial, get kubfu
-Go to hammerlocke, maybe start going to bea?
-Go back, do the Tower
-finish the game
-finish the postgame
-G-Max Urshifu Quest
-bonus round: go start crown tundra now
-Final battle at the IoA
-bonus round: now you're all tundra

note that this is probably really optimistic considering you get the exp charm against your will and I'm sure if you bother capturing pokemon or raids or whatever you're going to reach the intended levels anyway, But it's probably the intent that you would weave IoA in & out of the first half of your adventure so you have your Urshifu ready for the second half

Ultra necro was allowed. Though funnily enough
1) If you were streaming or recording for youtube, you had to actually obscure the Z move animation as that one would get copyright claimed for some godforsaken reason
2) Overally it was worse than just flat out running Duskmane due to omnipresence of fairies (tapu/xern) and requiring the double investment of restricted + Z-move

Thus it ended up having low usage.
Ha-ha....that's really funny. I wonder why Light That Burns The Sky of all possible things gets the copyright claim and nothing else.
As for Ash-Gren, it was banned purely cause it's essentially an event mon.
If i'm not wrong, Lycandusk was also banned in gen 7 for comparable reason, though it's now allowed in gen 8 as it's regularly catchable in game without requiring to breed from the event one.
This actualy feels like a conversation we had before and I think we determined that Dusk was, in fact, legal?

This actualy feels like a conversation we had before and I think we determined that Dusk was, in fact, legal?
I'm honestly not sure myself but I've never seen a single Dusk Lycan used in any VGC stream or gameplay I watched, and I assumed you'd at least see a occasional one in meme teams or low ladder...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)