Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So finally played through the Galarian Star Tournament (I was busy catching all the Legendaries I can from the Crown Tundra) and it was neat. I'll give my full opinion on both it and the Crown Tundra later but for right now I just want to say one thing I'm kind of sad they didn't do.

So a big promoting point for the GST was that you'd be having the characters have a quick back-and-forth before the battle starts. Wow, that sounds fun, especially for the non-obvious combinations... about that. Yeah, instead of writing 100+ conversations, GF took the easy way out and only has 30 pairs. Disappointing. And to add on to that, since they were doing specific "teams", I feel they could have given each team a unique name. Like Milo & Nessa could have been "Team Water Garden", Milo & Kabu could have been "Team Wildfire", and Nessa & Kabu could have been "Team Steam Eruption". I would do more, but I'd want to look through a few discussions to see how the characters interact incase that would influence what their team name could possibly be.

Is it possible to fully upgrade the dojo without having a life for 1 month ? Because 3,2M watts seems too much, or I miss a way to grab some Watts

So finally played through the Galarian Star Tournament (I was busy catching all the Legendaries I can from the Crown Tundra) and it was neat. I'll give my full opinion on both it and the Crown Tundra later but for right now I just want to say one thing I'm kind of sad they didn't do.

So a big promoting point for the GST was that you'd be having the characters have a quick back-and-forth before the battle starts. Wow, that sounds fun, especially for the non-obvious combinations... about that. Yeah, instead of writing 100+ conversations, GF took the easy way out and only has 30 pairs. Disappointing. And to add on to that, since they were doing specific "teams", I feel they could have given each team a unique name. Like Milo & Nessa could have been "Team Water Garden", Milo & Kabu could have been "Team Wildfire", and Nessa & Kabu could have been "Team Steam Eruption". I would do more, but I'd want to look through a few discussions to see how the characters interact incase that would influence what their team name could possibly be.
I think it's fair enough that they didn't do every single possible pair with that many variables, especially when you do have some oddball picks in there -- Opal and Piers? Marnie and Sordward? Bede and Klara? There's enough non-obvious ones in there to be satisfying imo.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think it's fair enough that they didn't do every single possible pair with that many variables, especially when you do have some oddball picks in there -- Opal and Piers? Marnie and Sordward? Bede and Klara? There's enough non-obvious ones in there to be satisfying imo.
True, though there are some other combinations I'd like to have seen:
  • Milo & Raihan (weakest & strongest Gym Leaders, they could also talk about the Champion Cup battle they had)
  • Nessa & Leon (both are close friends of Sonia, would be funny if they had a conversation about Nessa reminding Leon of something Sonia wanted since this was the only way to get him the request. EDIT: Actually, wait a minute, shouldn't they also know each other during their early trainer days as well? Like, sure, they may not have hanged out as much, but surely Sonia would have at least invited both to join her in on special events)
  • Bea & Sordward
  • Bede & Piers (curious what Piers would have to say to on of his sister's former rivals)
  • Bede & Peony
  • Opal & Leon (BTW, it was pointed out to me via TvTropes that, in order for Mustard to have defeated that Fairy-type trainer to become Champion, that would meant that Fairy-type trainer was Champion. And if that trainer was Opal, that meant she was Champion before Mustard took the title from her. A weak connection, but would be interesting to hear if she had anything to say about her time as Champion (if she was that Fairy trainer))
  • Gordie & Sordward
  • Gordie & Piers (Gordie acts like a rock star, Piers is a rocker, sure they could get a conversation from that)
  • Avery & Marnie (Seems odd Klara partners with both Bede and Marnie but not Avery)
  • Piers & Leon (They are two major characters in the story that helped the player character & Hop the most, especially post game)
  • Piers & Hop (Surprised this isn't one since he helped both Hop and the player out a lot)
  • Piers & Peony
  • Piers & Sordward
  • Piers & Shielbert
  • Raihan & Hop
  • Raihan & Mustard
  • Leon & Sordward
  • Leon & Shielbert
  • Hop & Mustard
  • Hop & Klara
  • Hop & Avery
  • Klara & Sordward
  • Avery & Shielbert

Wait I don't see Allister or Melony. Do they only have half the list? But yet they also have Avery on the list.

Last edited:
Not sure where else to put this but a Switch collection of the first three Pokémon gens (though it says Red, Gold and Ruby specifically which is odd and I'm willing to bet that part isn't entirely accurate) with HOME compatibility and online just leaked on UK video game retailer GAME. GAME's a very reputable source - it's the main video game retailer in the UK and has hosted many Pokémon events before, equivalent to Gamestop - and a fake has never really happened there before so I'm willing to believe it's true... though, also, going by Mario 35 and Shadow Dragon it'll probably be available for like 2 minutes.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Not sure where else to put this but a Switch collection of the first three Pokémon gens (though it says Red, Gold and Ruby specifically which is odd and I'm willing to bet that part isn't entirely accurate) with HOME compatibility and online just leaked on UK video game retailer GAME. GAME's a very reputable source - it's the main video game retailer in the UK and has hosted many Pokémon events before, equivalent to Gamestop - and a fake has never really happened there before so I'm willing to believe it's true... though, also, going by Mario 35 and Shadow Dragon it'll probably be available for like 2 minutes.

I don't buy it. Formatting's hella sketchy (terms like Pallet Town are not capitalized) and I just dont get what's there for a 50/60 dollar price tag when you could buy these games on the eshop for pretty cheap

I'll believe it when we get a trailer

I don't buy it. Formatting's hella sketchy (terms like Pallet Town are not capitalized) and I just dont get what's there for a 50/60 dollar price tag when you could buy these games on the eshop for pretty cheap

I'll believe it when we get a trailer
I wouldn’t be posting it if it wasn’t reputable. I believe GAME does their own listings so those terms not being capitalised would track.

As for not being enough to justify full price... LGPE. Mario 35. The many many wii u ports. This sort of value isn’t new for the Switch.

>First Pokemon doesn't have an accent
>pallet town not capitalised
>find and catch sounds weird
>team magma not capitalised
>game boy as one word
>not £60.00

If this turns out to be real then this leak is shit

>First Pokemon doesn't have an accent
>pallet town not capitalised
>find and catch sounds weird
>team magma not capitalised
>game boy as one word
>not £60.00

If this turns out to be real then this leak is shit
In the UK, full price is £50 due to exchange rate (though, actually, going by exchange rate it's a bit higher than it should be). So that part's normal.

Gameboy is often parsed as one word and UK listings are often pretty bad.

Leak might be fake but re-releasing three 13+ year old games for full price is certainly within Nintendo's business model.

In all seriousness if this ends up being real you can buy VC Red, Gold, and 3DS Omega Ruby for 50 US dollars so idk why anyone would want this. Then again sounds like an easy cash grab so I wouldn't put it past Nintendo / Gamefreak. Both companies seem to love selling past content back to us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)