Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

I hope that means the Dex is expanded (likely post-game) to harbor all Pokémon, and this limitation is there just to prevent you from getting Pokémon earlier than you should.
Given that Pokemon like Tyranitar are confirmed to be in the wild area, I don't see how only excluding specific Pokemon will stop players from including other stupidly-powerful Pokemon that are a part of the Galar regional dex early anyway.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Wow, that was pretty shocking news. No megas, Z moves, or all the Pokemon.

Quite a bummer if I'm honest, though I'm curious to see how the regional dex is gonna be now.
It is a bummer, but it could be interesting to have a very different generational metagame compared to normal. It may even have a lower power level than gen 7

It looks like Raid Boss/Dynamax'd Steelix used regular moves (and up to 2 in one turn) like Curse/Sand Tomb. Will this be a thing for our Dynamax'd mons? Dynamax'd Arcanine used Max Flare several times in a row.

Also I laughed at the first Scald burn. As expected. On the other hand, Focus Blast hit, which was a surprise.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It is a bummer, but it could be interesting to have a very different generational metagame compared to normal. It may even have a lower power level than gen 7
Yeah, I'm curious if this means the metagames will have a more "handcrafted" balance than usual.

I'm shocked they didn't just limit the mons you could use on the ladders instead though, that probably would have been the smarter approach balance wise. I think competitive players are more willing to forgive gamefreak for that than "insert fan of specfic Pokemon here".

NOOO FUcking way holy shit. Thats quite literally the dumbest decision of all time in a game where the catchphrase is "gotta catch them all"

Im still hoping this is a mistranslation error, im in shock

I knew this game was too good to be true, gamefreak just cant make a game without messing something up

Also doubt, legendaries recently have been stronger than ever and if the alolan or kalos mons is anything to go by, the struggle between the underpowered mons vs strong mons is gonna be really big

It looks like Raid Boss/Dynamax'd Steelix used regular moves (and up to 2 in one turn) like Curse/Sand Tomb. Will this be a thing for our Dynamax'd mons? Dynamax'd Arcanine used Max Flare several times in a row.

Also I laughed at the first Scald burn. As expected. On the other hand, Focus Blast hit, which was a surprise.

Let's also talk about this top-tier Lucario set lmao

Memeing aside, I can imagine Dynamax Pokemon with certain abilities like Intimidate, Fur Coat, Fluffy, etc will be very difficult to take down.

Edit: I also see moves like Reflect, Light Screen, and Aurora Veil being extremely good moves to bring to Raid battles since they protect everyone in the party.

Hopefully the megas and Z-moves will be available postgame like they handled megas in USUM. I really don't want to wait for the next Ultra Sword / Shield title to use them.

EDIT: Also what a way to Thanos snap the tapus and Lando out of the meta. That's a worse ending than Lucy's.

My guess is that they'll have to add in an all inclusive Pokemon transfer at some point(look at X/Y where we had to wait on Pokemon Bank) in the game's lifespan, and it might just be that they haven't worked out the cross-compatability feature to get the transfer done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)