Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I'm kind of surprised it took this long for a Dark/Fairy Pokemon. They're both types with lots of tricksters, so even though it sounds like a weird type combo at first, I think it seems natural.

Anyone not going to comment this pupper literally plays fetch with you? owo
Mostly useless ability (unless we talk about limited balls like Apricorn Ball in Alola), but this is nice touch of lore. I can at least appreciate GF for doing this, as it reminds me of my own poodle at home.
Apricorn Balls were my first thought too. My second thought, "Wait, I thought Pokeballs broke if they failed to catch a Pokemon..."

I'm putting stuff about the National Dex in a hide tag just because some people have got to be tired of discussion with lots of negativity.
I'm thinking about waiting until they add the ability to transfer all Pokemon or the third version(s) if they don't, but I'm not entirely sure because it's still going to be a game that I'll easily get my money's worth out of. Besides, I'm kind of excited by early game Snover.

Also, if they roll out updates to add a few more Pokemon at a time, like The Tank Plays suggested, then I actually think this is a good thing overall.

Oh, the national dex, filled with a bunch of boring mons! And boring data too!
Here's why I want the National Dex. A lot of National Dex Pokemon suck to a lot of people, but every Pokemon is special to someone. Altaria, Hypno, Kanto Exeggutor, and Meganium are special to me, and I can grantee Garbodor and Ledyba will join that list in future playthroughs of games. Can anyone say those are popular Pokemon? No. Does that mean they won't be missed? No! A lot of people want to dominate with Garchomp and Landorus, (like almost everyone here because this is Smogon :P) but I believe most just want to keep their Pokemon throughout the generations.

Well, that was an interesting update.

First, to address the elephant in the room (the removed Pokemon), all I can say is patience. The announcement was made today, and we'll probably get more info in the coming weeks. Throwing all things Pokemon into a pit and setting them on fire while we're in the dark won't do any of us good. At worst, our favorites that aren't in the games have to live in Home for a few month/few years. And you can always play your old games and leave your favorite there if you really feel that attached to it. Whatever GameFreak's reasons for doing this, the games are starting to get cluttered, whether or not the Switch could handle the processing load. At some point, a reboot/restriction was going to have to be put in place, though I thought that they would at least wait till they hit 1000. Let's not forget, Pokemon has been shying away from the "Gotta Catch em All!" slogan for a few years now. Personally, I'm okay with it. I want to see a meta-game develop, at least for a few months, without the old guard with moves they could only obtain 4 generations ago, on almost every team.

I think Impidimp is cool, and I like its typing. It gives me Batboy vibes, so maybe its going to evolve into a vampire pokemon? If so, hope it gets Draining Kiss or a dark-type equivalent.

Yamper was mentioned in a leak, so its good to have credence given to the leak going forward. Its ability seems useless competitive wise (but it is very cute) and its speed its atrocious (meet your new sibling Vikavolt). Hoping for a good evolution.

WTH is going on with Sobble's SpA? Its starting to give me Greninja vibes again, and I don't like it. Corvinknight having a high HP was already figured out by everyone, so good work! Scorbunny has a high Atk, so I'm guessing we're getting another physical Fire type? Grookey (my favorite) seems meh stat wise.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Dynamaxing is going to have interesting effects competitive wise, both for VGC and singles. Not having to run a dedicated weather/terrain setter certainly opens up team-building.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Jeez I wish they wouldn't do this early in the week... Okay, just going to give my thoughts on the MAJOR reveal today:

You Cannot Transfer Pokemon That Aren't Part Of The Galar Pokedex

I have many thoughts on this, so I apologize if I ramble on or this sounds disjointed. I just want to get my thoughts in before I'm 10 pages behind and it's still active in everyone's mind.

Preparing For The Future: Well, here's probably a controversial opinion: I kind of agree with this. HERE ME OUT! As Masuda pointed out, every gen the amount of Pokemon is ever increasing and, while right now it's not a problem, at some point in the future we could get to a point where programming all the Pokemon into the game would either be a huge time sink or maybe cause physical limitations. I see this as an experiment on GF's part to see if they can start just doing regional dex Pokemon only to give them more time to spend elsewhere and thus make a more fulfilling game with a rich story and full of mechanics we can get hours of play from. Theoretically, that is, because here's the thing about that... I question GF's capability of doing that. If this is the path GF wants to take, in my opinion here are the hurdles they're going to need to jump over:
1. Cycle Out Pokemon: If they want to do this they can no longer be willy-nilly with what Pokemon they include or just constantly pick favorites. Most of the Pokemon who appear in the Galar dex should then not be in Gen IX, rather it would be mostly filled with Pokemon that didn't appear in Galar. Pretty much a Pokemon shouldn't be absent for more than two generations, and unless there's a good reason a Pokemon probably shouldn't make consecutive appearances for more than two. They may even need to start planning future Pokedexs in advance.​
2. Regional Updating: If they want to only have the Regional Dex Pokemon, they better make sure those Pokemon are up to date to modern day standards. If a Pokemon should have their stats redone, redo their stats so they're better (or better balanced). Completely redo their movepool. See about giving them newer Abilities. If you're going to limit the option for competitive Pokemon choice in the game then the Pokemon you're offering needs to make me not miss these Pokemon as they give my most if not all the option I would want. Also I expect more animations for these Pokemon when battling and being played with in the Pokemon Refresh expy and also different Pokedex entries from what they had done that in Gen VII, so would just like to see it continue).​
3. Give Us Something For What Has Been Taken: So, why no walking/following Pokemon? Why not making a batch of Pokemon we can ride on instead of using the bike? All Pokemon are in the regional dex, surely from that smaller list you can program them to follow us or let us hop on the bigger ones back to run around/surf. And that's just the tip of the suggestions I could make about how you should be giving us a lot more now. I already mentioned the two macro-suggestions: (1.) a fleshed out story with equally fleshed out themes and characters and (1.) many engaging mechanics/features (maybe even some from past games, like Pokemon Contests and the Battle Frontier). In a way you have to distract older players from going "man, I wished this Pokemon was in this game" by making us having fun with the Pokemon that are in the game (which goes with what I said above by also updating the Pokemon to make sure they're as good as they can be).​
4. Free DLC To Add More In Later: Now I'm not saying that all Pokemon should be allowed back in via DLC (though if it can be done should be), just saying while I get for the main game wanting to stick with the Regional Dex (and then for some of the early battling competition just to get a metagame settled), there's no reason to then let some other Pokemon outside of the Galar dex to be allowed. Maybe you can use data from the battling competitions to see where certain gaps are and introduce Pokemon back in that way, and I doubt many people would get angry seeing their favorite/popular Pokemon being added back in just because. But, just like with the Pokemon in the Regional Dex, I expect those Pokemon to also be updated to modern standards (stats, movepool, Abilities).​
5. Make A New Stadium/Battle Revolution That Has All The Pokemon: If the issue with not wanting to add in all the Pokemon is so that you can focus on making the region, story, and mechanics more fleshed out, fine. However you should then throw a bone to the more competitive players by making another Stadium/Battle Revolution game which has all the Pokemon and even have VGC tournaments take place there as well. If you want to make the core series game more focused on the story and region with a focused metagame than split the expansive metagame into its own game where it's just about battling and also giving different battling styles and rules to show how versatile Pokemon battles can be. Also, you're going to have to understand these games may not sell as much and you may have to take a loss.​
And these are the things I can just think of right now.

BUT Here's Still The Thing: GF, you just created a HUGE mountain for you to climb. Because no matter how pure your intent is, what this does mean is that people's favorite Pokemon will not be included in the game. This is a big step back from the Pokemon message about getting attached to these creatures and now even they aren't safe from being sidelined. Sure, they could find a new favorite Pokemon, but how sincere would that be they just found a new favorite because there's wasn't able to be put in the game and who knows if it will be in future DLC or the next gen. And even if you do make the Stadium/Battle Revolution game will have their favorite Pokemon, they may be a casual fan so may not want to lay down an additional $60 (I would say sell those games as a discount price but from what I understand it's Nintendo's policy to have all Switch games be the same price) just to use them again.

Point Of Pokemon Home?: Also, what's the point of transferring the Pokemon that aren't in the Galar region into Pokemon Home? I'd rather keep them in the game they're in now until I can transfer them into another game.

And that's all I have to say about this, at least from the top of my head though I'm sure other have made points. Tomorrow I'll go on my possible removal of Mega Pokemon & Z-Moves rant and then my opinions on the other little bit of news and responding to comments...

(I swear if this was one of Masuda's stupid decisions...)

itt: "i don't care about this staple and defining feature of the games, so why should you?"

for as pathetic as the end game content of the past 3 gens has been, you'd think they'd at least let us fill out the national dex to waste time after the main game. what a shitshow
I could see how this it'd be fun for a new player, but for veterans who have filled the national dex already, how is this any different than "catch all the new Pokemon, transfer all the rest" outside of self-imposed restrictions?

Point Of Pokemon Home?: Also, what's the point of transferring the Pokemon that aren't in the Galar region into Pokemon Home? I'd rather keep them in the game they're in now until I can transfer them into another game.
Frankly, I'd say this is the strongest point in this contention. Everything feels... contradictory.

So we'll basically send Pokémon to Home... so that then they can stay there for a year or two until a new game is released, unable to do anything else, not because you don't want to, but because you can't? There must seriously be something we don't know.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I could see how this it'd be fun for a new player, but for veterans who have filled the national dex already, how is this any different than "catch all the new Pokemon, transfer all the rest" outside of self-imposed restrictions?
why does it matter? completing your dex was the core objective of the first game and a huge focus of the series for a long time afterwards, and what the pokemon company built the brand on. of course there will be people who find it enjoyable, myself included among those people. it's fine if you don't count yourself among them, but you don't have to participate in it. that's like saying wifi should be removed because some people don't like playing with others. what a silly argument

removing features of a game, especially established and core features, usually goes over sour. especially when those features are optional and take nothing away when they are there. the point is that developing a national dex is more or less as simple as importing preexisting models and data. it's even more insulting when the given reason for not having it is because there were time constrains (not that I really believe that) "we would prefer to rush the game for the holiday season than polish it"... even if you don't care about a particular feature, you SHOULD care about the overarching attitude of gamefreak that has been quantity over quality as of late

Frankly, I'd say this is the strongest point in this contention. Everything feels... contradictory.

So we'll basically send Pokémon to Home... so that then they can stay there for a year or two until a new game is released, unable to do anything else, not because you don't want to, but because you can't? There must seriously be something we don't know.
Kind of? We don't know what Home will do yet, or GF plans for the future with it. If they're going to do the rotating dex thing going forward as Pikachu315111 suggests (which I think would be a smart move) this seems like the best option, especially when you have to tie in spin-off games. Maybe we'll get a game in the future that isn't mainline that will let us play with Pokemon in different ways (like Contests, mini-games, Pokemon-Amie, etc.) That way you can still use your favorite Pokemon that's yours until there is a game for it in the main series. If Gamefreak were smart they would do something like Nitendogs for Pokemon.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Can I point out that dodiabla doesn't hate the limited dex, but their signature is a perfect haters' reaction?
dodiabla said:
I'll start my own Pokemon....with blackjack...and hookers
Speaking of which, I see that happening on battle simulators. (Except for the blackjack... and hookers :P) Actually, I'm pretty sure it's going to happen because we've already kind of done it with CAP. It's going to be interesting to see how different the Cartrage and "Full Dex" metagames will be.

5. Make A New Stadium/Battle Revolution That Has All The Pokemon: If the issue with not wanting to add in all the Pokemon is so that you can focus on making the region, story, and mechanics more fleshed out, fine. However you should then throw a bone to the more competitive players by making another Stadium/Battle Revolution game which has all the Pokemon and even have VGC tournaments take place there as well. If you want to make the core series game more focused on the story and region with a focused metagame than split the expansive metagame into its own game where it's just about battling and also giving different battling styles and rules to show how versatile Pokemon battles can be. Also, you're going to have to understand these games may not sell as much and you may have to take a loss.ear if this s one of Masuda's stupid decisions...)
I'd actually like this a lot. This concept could be a great excuse to make the Pokemon Stadium series relevant again when it involves VGC rulesets and even online multiplayer. As long as it has what made the Stadium games great besides just the battling aspect (minigames, Gym Leader Castle, The Cups, etc) I'd be so down to buy that.

For reasons that have already been outlined. The past few games have been designed so that adding the 3D sprites and animations for hundreds of Pokemon wouldn't take too much additional work, so the idea that they don't even have time for that while they've been focused on appealing to the Pokemon Go players with co-op online raid battles is definitely not a good sign to anyone whose enjoyment of the Pokemon games has been steadily decreasing due to a lack of in-game content outside the main quest (which obviously is meant for 8-year-olds to be able to beat).

If the main gameplay innovation from the last generation (which was on much worse/cheaper hardware and cost about half as much as the new titles will) was something a little bit more interesting than "you can do totem battles with friends online," I'm sure a lot more people would be on board with the notion that there's going to be a more interesting and balanced metagame to make up for the lack of transferring Pokemon across generations.

The other silly thing going on in this thread is the whole "GF has never charged for DLC, so they always have the player's best interests in mind!" deal. Come on, Ultra Sun/Moon was just DLC that added like 5 Pokemon and 2 extra hours of gameplay while costing as much as the original games themselves, and that's before getting into how the differences between any two counterpart games are even more transparently cosmetic and meant to entice people to buy the $40 DLC for completion's sake.

Last edited:
why does it matter? completing your dex was the core objective of the first game and a huge focus of the series for a long time afterwards, and what the pokemon company built the brand on. of course there will be people who find it enjoyable, myself included among those people. it's fine if you don't count yourself among them, but you don't have to participate in it. that's like saying wifi should be removed because some people don't like playing with others. what a silly argument

removing features of a game, especially established and core features, usually goes over sour. especially when those features are optional and take nothing away when they are there. the point is that developing a national dex is more or less as simple as importing preexisting models and data. it's even more insulting when the given reason for not having it is because there were time constrains (not that I really believe that) "we would prefer to rush the game for the holiday season than polish it"... even if you don't care about a particular feature, you SHOULD care about the overarching attitude of gamefreak that has been quantity over quality as of late
I never once said in my post that Pokemon should be removed. I'm asking what specifically makes completing the national dex a particularly noteworthy post-game feature for someone who has seemingly completed the national dex multiple times before. I for one, like obtaining unobtainable Pokemon in the main game through methods like Wonder Trading, Trade chains, and bank, but it never had to do with the national dex. Rather, it acted as fun way to add diversity in subsequent playthroughs of the game.

Comparing wifi to the national dex is frankly misguided. Wifi is a staple feature in almost every game featuring multiplayer, making it a necessity to implement to enhance that game's standalone experience. Filling the national pokedex may have once been the focus of Pokemon, but frankly, given that you need multiple games and potentially multiple systems to complete it, its never been something that has been feasible for players who aren't hardcore fans. Its definitely doable, but when looking at the game from a standalone perspective, completing the national dex is a much shakier selling point because, outside of Gen 1 and LGPE, you need jump through a lot more hoops than just making a couple trades to complete it.

You are right that I have been giving Gamefreak too much leeway. I was aware that gamefreak future-proofed the Pokemon 3D models, but not to what extent. Zowayix indicates that it doesn't take a lot of time to convert the models to HD, but I would like a source / more elaborate explanation as to why this is (I'm assuming high poly-count but I could be wrong).

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
I never once said in my post that Pokemon should be removed. I'm asking what specifically makes completing the national dex a particularly noteworthy post-game feature for someone who has seemingly completed the national dex multiple times before. I for one, like obtaining unobtainable Pokemon in the main game through methods like Wonder Trading, Trade chains, and bank, but it never had to do with the national dex. Rather, it acted as fun way to add diversity in subsequent playthroughs of the game.

Comparing wifi to the national dex is frankly misguided. Wifi is a staple feature in almost every game featuring multiplayer, making it a necessity to implement to enhance that game's standalone experience. Filling the national pokedex may have once been the focus of Pokemon, but frankly, given that you need multiple games and potentially multiple systems to complete it, its never been something that has been feasible for players who aren't hardcore fans. Its definitely doable, but when looking at the game from a standalone perspective, completing the national dex is a much shakier selling point because, outside of Gen 1 and LGPE, you need jump through a lot more hoops than just making a couple trades to complete it.

You are right that I have been giving Gamefreak too much leeway. I was aware that gamefreak future-proofed the Pokemon 3D models, but not to what extent. Zowayix indicates that it doesn't take a lot of time to convert the models to HD, but I would like a source / more elaborate explanation as to why this is (I'm assuming high poly-count but I could be wrong).

the models were made in hd (hence the term future proofing) and downgraded for the 3ds. no work needs to be done

as to what makes something fun, interesting, worthwhile, etc. how am I supposed to answer that? what makes anything fun? clearly some people find it fun given the backlash this announcement has caused. again, it's fine if it's not your cup of tea but surely you can see why asking that question is not productive

not sure how the comparison to wifi isn't a fair one. it's a feature meant to enhance the player experience, outside of the main game, just like the national dex. but, it doesn't really matter re: my actual point. once again, even if you think the national dex is not feasable to complete, boring to complete, not a selling feature, whatever, it's all moot against the fact that there hardly has to be any development devoted to making it and a large portion of the player base wants it. it does not hurt people who are not interested in completing it for it to be in the game

if you are indeed not advocating for Pokemon to be removed, then just add the national dex at that point ffs because at that point it might literally be a day's worth of labor to make a separate dex using preexisting dex coding. same dumb issue as with sm/usum, and people were pissed then too

Last edited:

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm curious to see how they'll differentiate Corviknight from Skarmory in terms of functionality. It has an awesome design and is this game's HM Fly, but in the grand scheme of things we don't yet have any information that would indicate that it'll be much different in battle.

Notice how this Corviknight is Hasty. We don't know for sure what its IVs and EVs are (and therefore can't calculate its base stats with 100% confidence), but here's Hasty Skarmory:

It's not an exact clone, but you can't deny that the stat distribution isn't that different between them. Some of Skarm's Defense was moved into Corviknight's HP (and a little SpDef) and a little bit of Speed was moved into Special Attack, but otherwise they're pretty much the same. Corviknight has pretty generic abilities, and obviously the same typing.

I feel like there's no way that they would make a Pokemon that's this close in terms of stats and typing with no interesting ability to a popular Pokemon that already exists. Competitively, Corviknight appears to be more of a tank while of course Skarm is a wall which controls hazards, but there has to be some other differentiator. Maybe Corviknight will get a new useful move that hasn't existed until Gen 8? If I were designing Corviknight and it was it its current state, I would give it a unique move because otherwise it'd be too close to Skarm (and "just don't give it Rocks/Spikes" is not a good answer, that's lame).

The stats are also similar in some ways to Celesteela's, which of course also has the same typing. This isn't as close though, because Celesteela's ability and access to Grass and Fire moves distinguishes itself enough from Skarm and what Corviknight appears to be.

Seeing some people mention that "Gotta Catch 'Em All" is the catch phrase for Pokemon but SS won't let you do that.

Sorry, but "Gotta Catch 'Em All" was only ever a North American thing, or at most targeted at the English-speaking audience. It was never a thing in Japan and is thus irrelevant on the global scale.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
Seeing some people mention that "Gotta Catch 'Em All" is the catch phrase for Pokemon but SS won't let you do that.

Sorry, but "Gotta Catch 'Em All" was only ever a North American thing, or at most targeted at the English-speaking audience. It was never a thing in Japan and is thus irrelevant on the global scale.
arguing semantics is silly given the context of what is being talked about (ie. the games themselves promoting the idea of collection, and therefore not having very much to do with language or a slogan)

but i will take this bait regardless to say that "gotta catch em all" was not just a north american or english speaking thing. most language's version of the slogan mentioned collecting or getting them all. translations of the slogan that were approved by somebody, and im guessing that somebody was affiliated with NOJ or gamefreak or the pokemon company. more or less a clear sign of "we think this translation of the slogan properly reflects the idea of the brand"

not that it matters, it was just such a weird thing to say or even bring up, not only being entirely untrue, but also being entirely irrelevant

You know what Magcargo... Yeah, you're right. It'd be very hectic for game freak to make it to where over 900 mons are usable. Think of it people: If Game Freak spent their time to make mons from other gens possible to bring into SS, do you know how much longer it'd be before gen 8 comes out? We'd most likely never even see the trailer until 2 years from now. So Game Freak is saving a lot of time that could be used for other games.
And he's right on the fact that if most of the useable mons are new ones, it could make competitive mons more varied and fun. Because to be honest here, I'm tired of seeing the same viable Pokemon all the time.
Lastly, the national dex is just a bunch of boring stuff anyways. "Oh look,Rattata! And Chikorita! Oh and Starly too!" Like seriously. It's so boring just wasting 30 whole minutes on looking at Pokemon! Ugh, no wonder people are taking a vendetta on the Pokemon fanbase these days. THEY'RE BRATS!!! If they don't get things the way they want to, they whine! And they always want to complain on how DP didn't get remakes, yet DP is one of the most hated gens ever! Like seriously. And gen 8 isn't free from this either. All you people want to do is whine, because the national dex isn't available! It's boring anyways! Get over it!
Yes, I do have anger issues.
Hey buddy, you know one of the principles of the whole series is collecting right

now, put this in the perspective of a collector, whether it is figurines, stamps, cards, you name it; all collections have on thing in common, the fact that collectors consider them "valuable" in some way
and what makes them "valuable" is not their actual monetary value, but the investment the collectors have put in gathering their collection together, that investment may be time, effort, money or purely sentimental in principle, but in the end the bigger the collection gets and the more a collector invests in it, the harder it is to give it up

so what happens when a company says to its customers "forget about about your old cards, stamps, what-have-you, buy these new ones instead"?

well a lot of them will simply say "well maybe now's a good time to quit" instead of starting over since their collections have been in effect rendered worthless in any official capacity

now you could go " well I don't care about collecting pokemon so I like what we've seen" and hey man that's on you, no one is saying you shouldn't like these games or why you should like them, anyone who does so would be an asshole

but please don't go "I don't care about it so you're wrong if you care about it, because me" ok?

Last edited:
I don't mind the missing mons thing, for two reasons:

A) Tyranitar is my favourite, and it's already confirmed in ;P
B) BW where you had to use entirely new mons was great

I'm going to buy two copies of each game to help make up for all the people boycotting :)

well a lot of them will simply say "well maybe now's a good time to quit" instead of starting over since their collections have been in effect rendered worthless in any official capacity
Especially with GF also confirming that this is a permanent policy shift, not just a one time thing, so their collections will probably just be invalidated again before long.

arguing semantics is silly given the context of what is being talked about (ie. the games themselves promoting the idea of collection, and therefore not having very much to do with language or a slogan)

but i will take this bait regardless to say that "gotta catch em all" was not just a north american or english speaking thing. most language's version of the slogan mentioned collecting or getting them all. translations of the slogan that were approved by somebody, and im guessing that somebody was affiliated with NOJ or gamefreak or the pokemon company. more or less a clear sign of "we think this translation of the slogan properly reflects the idea of the brand"

not that it matters, it was just such a weird thing to say or even bring up, not only being entirely untrue, but also being entirely irrelevant
I’m not going to assume that catch phrases of localised versions of the game were approved by Japan, they probably have some degree of freedom when it comes to that, the same way they do with move names, some of which aren’t straight translations.

But even then, so what? You can still catch every Pokémon in the regional dex, or at least I think it should be safe to say so. Still a form of catching “ ‘em all.”

I only brought it up because people in previous pages acted like it mattered to the people in Japan creating SS what the catch phrases in other countries are. If anything, that’s what’s irrelevant to them.

Let’s just say I don’t really care about it, but I get why people are upset, though trying to point out some kind of irony is silly when the people who make the game don’t use that catch phrase.

Last edited:
I start to think the long-term decision and reasons on this... particular Donphan in the room.

Indeed, Pikachu315111 raised quite some good reasons. Now, what I fear is that if they decide this can be run every generation or games.

Hmm... how much does an individual mon take as an entry data, including the movepools, base stats, and whatnot? I do think that at some point, they're going to meet the limit, and they could be preparing for that time. But still, that should not take too much space for a mon / form, should it? This said, there are also mon with item to change their forme, or in other word, changing from one species entry to another. I think this can be reasonable weight, especially given that someone raised the notion that GF isn't that good in data efficiency.
The other thing that may take good chunks of space data would be the models, but... isn't Switch compared to 3DS more like 1GB compared to few MB? The game carts can support much more data than 3DS's game carts, don't they? (Idk yet, I don't own Switch yet, how big are the size of the games there?)

Admittedly, sooner or later, we will reach a point where catching them all, like they say, is just not feasible. (but then again, I don't think this is the right solution either.)
One thing I worry is the impact of this risky decision in the long run for future generations and games....

Another contention I need to mention is that they take this risky route despite past happening with similar thing. BW was met with torches and pitchforks until BW2 came. SM made similar reactions even if it is just lack of Dex entry. LGPE had it worse for actually cutting down to limited species (but still understandable, being a pandering remake).
Now in SwSh, they just pull a Thanos snap and arbitrarily exclude some species.

I can see this in two way: They didn't learn, or they are not stupid and having an agenda behind this. This agenda is what I've been thinking.
(And I really hope I don't need to rule it out as GFs incompetence.)
EDIT: Oh, I also have heard of possibility that this is rushed. Legitimate reason, although not good one either. I'll still try to think more.
And to just brighten thing a little, I'll praise our new overlord Thanos Masuda.

Last edited:
As someone who finds.collecting as many different species of Mon as possible more important than battling, this naturally upsets me, but it doesn't ruin everything. I just hope this isn't permanent.

As I haven't discussed much else here, I guess I will give out more of my opinions.

I like most of the new Mon so far. Unfortunately, I agree with those not thrilled with the legends though.

Dynamaxing seems silly, but in a fun way and the three turn limit and secondary effects of max-moves are nice. As are max-raids. I wonder how sheer force interacts with max moves. Unfortunately, I like z-moves and still think megas were the best of all three. I want them back, and more of them. The craziness of all three on a team actually appeals to me, especially if it's used against me as a challenge. (Admittedly, Game Freak wouldn't challenge is that way).

As an explorer and collector, I like the wild area.

I'm ... I think that covers most things. (Also, mareep and wooloo are BOTH adorable)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)