Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

I know it’s early doors, but I want to start building a sand team. Looking at the dex, it looks like Tyranitar and Excadrill will be OP.

Anyone got any suggestions for other Pokemon that would fit well in this team?

I think Rotom-wash and Ferrothorn would partner up well with them I believe.

I know it’s early doors, but I want to start building a sand team. Looking at the dex, it looks like Tyranitar and Excadrill will be OP.

Hard to tell anything without the full game. I could rexcomend a fu set based on the latter gens but then a new attack or abailty far outclasses a role and its all kaput.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Drednaw I think would do well on a Sandstorm team.

Hi I'm new here and just wondering, when will the metagame for OU will be updated when Sword and Shield come out ?
Most likely at the instant of release if we get a datamine leak that allows advance preparation, or very shortly afterwards if we don't. Pokemon are being programmed into Showdown for the speculative meta as their stats are confirmed, as I understand it.

Wild Area Search is up and running: https://wildareasearch.pokemon.co.jp/ja/

Kind of a simulator for the Wild Area in-game.
This is lovely. It has Google Maps street view functionality, so you go around the Wild Area and register Pokémon in your dex. There's about 50 of them.

It has the potential of being a fun mini-game. I wish it had been released a bit earlier though. And that there was some kind of reward for completing the dex. That way it would have worked better as an advertisement. As it stands now, you only get to see nice clay-like figurines of Pokémon that have already been revealed.

Avant Heim

formerly The Bill Cipher
honestly looking forward for teambuilding in game
i fell like this will be the perfect opprtunity to test out some old mons that made it into the game but that I've never used

Well this definitely doesn't look ominous at all (from 1:59 in the video):
well this definitely doesn't look ominous at all.png

I have to say, I do respect how much they committed to the mediaeval aesthetic in the tapestries here, complete with awkward profiles and dorky expressions - and I'm intrigued by the fact that Zacian and Zamazenta only appear symbolically in the right-hand tapestry, with their power apparently being wielded directly by the two human figures (as opposed to indirectly, through a Pokémon battle).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Okay, I gotta tap out from the pre-release spoiler and datamine threads, they're going way too fast for me. I got most of what I wanted to see and thankfully ignored most story spoilers so I'm feeling I got what I wanted before buying the games (4 more days!).

To actually add something to the conversation:
well this definitely doesn't look ominous at all.png't look ominous at all.png

I have to say, I do respect how much they committed to the mediaeval aesthetic in the tapestries here, complete with awkward profiles and dorky expressions - and I'm intrigued by the fact that Zacian and Zamazenta only appear symbolically in the right-hand tapestry, with their power apparently being wielded directly by the two human figures (as opposed to indirectly, through a Pokémon battle).
Hmm, have we ever had a story where human characters turned into the Legendary Pokemon?

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
Okay, I gotta tap out from the pre-release spoiler and datamine threads, they're going way too fast for me. I got most of what I wanted to see and thankfully ignored most story spoilers so I'm feeling I got what I wanted before buying the games (4 more days!).

To actually add something to the conversation:

Hmm, have we ever had a story where human characters turned into the Legendary Pokemon?
latias from Pokémon heroes could appear as a human (not what you meant, but it's the closest thing)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
latias from Pokémon heroes could appear as a human (not what you meant, but it's the closest thing)
Well I know there are stories of humans turning into Pokemon like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, but I'm talking about the core series having the mascot Legendaries being humans who turned into Pokemon to save the region.
  • Ho-Oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza were "natural" creatures.
  • Suicune (and its fellow Beasts) were normal Pokemon transformed into more powerful Pokemon.
  • Dialga, Palkia, & Giratina are gods.
  • Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal & Zygarde are "metaphysical" creatures.
  • Solgaleo, Lunala, & Necrozma are multidimensional aliens.
However that mural is making me think that Zacian & Zamazenta may have been two humans (they aren't dressed as soldiers so maybe either princes or just two ordinary men who became heroes) who, to prevent a disaster or war or something, were turned into the Legendaries. The two receiving the sword and shield isn't symbolizing them getting Zacian or Zamazenta but rather them getting blessed with the power to transform into them.

SS is starting to look better and better, I’m warming up to it. Some people are complaining about the dex, or graphics, or whatever else, which I have no position on, but I’m really hopeful that SS will be fun and keep me engaged during the gameplay, I haven’t had that much with SM. A solid story would be great too.

I’m trying to go in as blind as possible; I haven’t looked at the leaks or datamines, nothing about new moves or mechanics, etc. I’m hoping it will help me feel a sense of wonder and discovery again. Anyone else doing the same?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SS is starting to look better and better, I’m warming up to it. Some people are complaining about the dex, or graphics, or whatever else, which I have no position on, but I’m really hopeful that SS will be fun and keep me engaged during the gameplay, I haven’t had that much with SM. A solid story would be great too.

I’m trying to go in as blind as possible; I haven’t looked at the leaks or datamines, nothing about new moves or mechanics, etc. I’m hoping it will help me feel a sense of wonder and discovery again. Anyone else doing the same?
Yeah I kinda ruined myself the past few gens so I’ve only really watched the official trailers. Have an exam Saturday arvo and am getting plastered Saturday night so won’t be getting it til Sunday, cos it’ll ruin me otherwise.

I kinda wanted to do the same and I enjoyed the hype and mystery, but ultimately I wanted to make an informed decision about whether to get the game. Now that we have the datamine, I will certainly be buying Sword.

I only limited myself to looking at the dex and exclusives to help me decide which I'm getting playing first.

Me when I keep hearing negativity about SS from people who saw the leaks, but still trying to stay hyped:

Just so this isn’t a total shitpost, I think the two new mons that got shown for a split second in the final trailer look really cool. I’m hoping for a decent competitive scene regardless of how the games turn out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)