Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Honestly I'd be wary of abusing that. Wouldn't be surprsied if they banned people who did it
Weeeeeellllll... remove the extra copies, likely, but as far as ban, considering it can't be traded or even used in any game right now... wouldn't bet on it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The more and more I hear the more and more I think we need to make :facepalm: or something similar (maybe an Aipom facepalming with its tail) to the list of Like options.

The Hyper Training issue from Bank to Home will be fixed in an upcoming server maintenance.

If your Pokemon have been affected by the loss of Hyper Training, make sure they're put into Home before maintenance starts so it gets restored.

https://www.pokemon-support.com/news/s/article/000002153
I expected them to fix it; but I fully expected it to be on the quiet. Good on them for owning up to it and being transparent.

The Hyper Training issue from Bank to Home will be fixed in an upcoming server maintenance.

If your Pokemon have been affected by the loss of Hyper Training, make sure they're put into Home before maintenance starts so it gets restored.

Hmm...

So either Hyper Training data is stored twice in the Pokémon data structure, or they kept all the information on the Pokémon that were transferred from Bank, before getting converted for HOME.

Hmm...

So either Hyper Training data is stored twice in the Pokémon data structure, or they kept all the information on the Pokémon that were transferred from Bank, before getting converted for HOME.
I think there was some unwanted inconsistency in the data.

Like, the "is hypertrained" flag would be registered fine by home, BUT for some reason not properly displayed (thus lost once moved to SwSh).
It's possible they will compare the new "personal ID" of the pokemon with the data registered during the transfer that generated it to update the ones that failed to register the hypertrain correctly.

This is kind of unrelated to Pokémon directly, but with Animal Crossing news going about I'm being reminded that Nintendo can and will make it so that one save file is shared between every user on certain games. This makes SwSh (and by extension, LGPE)'s having multiple save files through different user accounts feel a lot more deliberate as they could easily have just done what they're doing with Animal Crossing. Home being able to communicate with those extra files very conveniently just adds to that.

It's... surprising to me, really; when Pokémon's business model is partly built around buying the same game multiple times. Coupled with DLC it looks like we are seeing positive changes this gen, even when we have negatives like Home.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So I just noticed something strange with the features of the Expansions: only the Isle of Armor is said to have new items.

But wasn't it said that in order to evolve Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowking you'd need an item from the Crowned Tundra?

Also, just seems odd for the Expansion which theme is based on exploration it won't have any new items, like wouldn't that be the Expansion you'll especially want to add new items to make exploring the Dens more exciting?

So I just noticed something strange with the features of the Expansions: only the Isle of Armor is said to have new items.

But wasn't it said that in order to evolve Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowking you'd need an item from the Crowned Tundra?

Also, just seems odd for the Expansion which theme is based on exploration it won't have any new items, like wouldn't that be the Expansion you'll especially want to add new items to make exploring the Dens more exciting?
For these charts they'll be specifically listing selling points.

So when they say 'new items', it more than likely means something that'll be exciting and new rather than a necessity to get a new Pokémon. The Exp Charm, for instance, fits that bill.

For these charts they'll be specifically listing selling points.

So when they say 'new items', it more than likely means something that'll be exciting and new rather than a necessity to get a new Pokémon. The Exp Charm, for instance, fits that bill.
Yeah the items seem more in line with key items that will help you out. Which would even include Apircorns, which where were treated similarly in HGSS (albeit out of necessity).

I guess it specifically includes competitively usable items?

Any news for those of us who assumed this issue wasn't fixable retroactively and already re-Hyper Trained some of our mons?

I also wonder if they'll fix the problem with shiny Solgaleo/Lunala being unusable online soon.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Any news for those of us who assumed this issue wasn't fixable retroactively and already re-Hyper Trained some of our mons?

I also wonder if they'll fix the problem with shiny Solgaleo/Lunala being unusable online soon.
They've never done compensation for things like that, so unfortunately, nothing.

Also, that's been fixed for a few days now. Been flexing my shiny Dusk-Mane and Lunala in online raids enough to know.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but how long would it take to transfer 100s of Pokemon to another person via Home? About as long as in Sword/Shield? Do you have to do one at a time or can you mass transfer Pokemon to someone else who has Home? Friend wants the special Magearna and wants me to temporarily transfer hundreds of Pokes to them and seems to think you can do them all in a few moments. I must be missing something, but I haven't got it to recognize my Nintendo ID yet so I wouldn't know.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but how long would it take to transfer 100s of Pokemon to another person via Home? About as long as in Sword/Shield? Do you have to do one at a time or can you mass transfer Pokemon to someone else who has Home? Friend wants the special Magearna and wants me to temporarily transfer hundreds of Pokes to them and seems to think you can do them all in a few moments. I must be missing something, but I haven't got it to recognize my Nintendo ID yet so I wouldn't know.
There's no "mass trade" in Home. In fact you can't trade at all and have to use the mobile app.
Which I believe has to do 1 by 1, good luck.

You can only Mass Transfer from Bank to Home.

(on side note, the question is fine, though the "correct" topic would likely be the SQSA one :p )

Annoyingly, no, this doesn't seem to be possible. In Bank it could be done because you could transfer to a cart, move the cart over and withdraw to Bank. But now that save data is stored on the console rather than the cart, every possible storage space for Pokemon is now tied to the system itself, so mass transfer of Pokemon from one person to another is basically impossible as far as I can tell.

Annoyingly, no, this doesn't seem to be possible. In Bank it could be done because you could transfer to a cart, move the cart over and withdraw to Bank. But now that save data is stored on the console rather than the cart, every possible storage space for Pokemon is now tied to the system itself, so mass transfer of Pokemon from one person to another is basically impossible as far as I can tell.
If the data is on the system, couldn't you just bring the cartridge over to the host switch snd transfer sll the mons from HOME to the new game?

If the data is on the system, couldn't you just bring the cartridge over to the host switch snd transfer sll the mons from HOME to the new game?
No, because the game's save data isn't stored on the cartridge. Bringing the cart over would just let you use your own existing save file.

Not sure where to post this but just a quick check: if you transfer a Weezing caught in RBY/GSC VC into SM/USUM and eventually transfer it into SWSH, does it still retain Levitate or it gets Stench (new HA) instead?

Main reason I'm asking is because Weezing doesn't have Stench in gen 7 and so the ability there remains as Levitate; however all mons transferred from VC are supposed to have their HA.

edit: also on that note if you transfer Koffing/Weezing with ability 2 (Levitate in g7 and NGas in g8) does it change to NGas?

Iirc internally a pokemon with 1 ability actually just has it in all 3 slots. So a HA Weezing in gen 7 would have slot 3 which would turn into their new HA and any slot 2 levitate would become neutralizing gas yeah

Iirc internally a pokemon with 1 ability actually just has it in all 3 slots. So a HA Weezing in gen 7 would have slot 3 which would turn into their new HA and any slot 2 levitate would become neutralizing gas yeah
Confirming the last part, I transfered a bunch of Koffing (levitate) from US to Sword and all Koffing turned out having Neutralizing Gas.

EDIT: No, my bad. It appeared to be a statistical aberration.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)