Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Is the calyrex forms like Kyurem's where u can only get 1 form at a time or
Is it like the Necrozma where u can get both forms at the same time?

I got a shiny out of the legendary raid den - it was a green red eyed lairon. I wanted one since the days of XY.

Now I am curious about something tho.

I only realized that it was shiny AFTER I defeated the legendary. Otherwise I would have chosen a different Pokeball.

Is this a glitch, or intended?
This is intended, it rolls the pokemon after the raid. or at least for shiny, I'm not sure about IVs, Natures and such but I wouldn't be surpriesd.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This is intended, it rolls the pokemon after the raid. or at least for shiny, I'm not sure about IVs, Natures and such but I wouldn't be surpriesd.
I can see that being a problem for Shiny which are only a shade off from their normal colors. Is there a way to tell it's a Shiny outside the color, like it has a mark?

Like Kyurem, unfortunately.
Does Glacial lance and Astral Barrage turn into another move when defused like Kyurem's moves
or does it get deleted without replacement like the necrozma sunsteel strike/ moon beam?
If so, then Calyrex is the worst of the 3 when it comes to convenients

Does Glacial lance and Astral Barrage turn into another move when defused like Kyurem's moves
or does it get deleted without replacement like the necrozma sunsteel strike/ moon beam?
If so, then Calyrex is the worst of the 3 when it comes to convenients
I tried this earlier:

Fused Calyrex has the Glacial Lance move (and Iron Defense)
I defuse
The game says "Calyrex forgot Glacial Lance. Calyrex forgot Iron Defense"
It only had two moves, Giga Drain / Psychic

Ice Horse has normal movepool from it (Swords Dance, Icicle Crash, yadda yadda no mixed moves)

I REfuse
Fusion learns Glacial Lance
Fused Calyrex has now 3 moves.

Iron Defense is rest in piece.

So D-Max Xerneas is absolutely brutal. I've spent the night with AI and human randoms and this thing is ridiculous. Still haven't caught it.
Imagine if it had Geomancy :p But yeah, you need some sort of screen, ability removal or a team of resists to beat it, otherwise its Moonblasts are just too strong.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I’m curious, how have you guys found CT compared to IoA? Whether it be story or mechanics or anything

I’m curious, how have you guys found CT compared to IoA? Whether it be story or mechanics or anything
As an environment I think CT is wonderful and feels like a big step in terms of worldbuilding. I think they nailed the exploration theme with this one. I was biking around and stumbled on the cave that leads to the frigid sea, and when I came out of the cave into the clearing with trees and the beach it was raining and I was actually wearing headphones for once so I could actually hear the rain in the background and it was just *chef's kiss.* Being bigger there is also room for a lot more wild encounters to roam around; I was pleasantly surprised to run into not one but two Dragapult, Trevanant, I found a Garchomp in a cave, etc. It just makes everything feel more lived in.

Galarian Articuno smashing into your face when it attacks is also very funny and I appreciate it.

That said, while main SwSh and IoA got some flack for handing out legendaries/making them easy to catch, I gotta say after a few rounds of ball-chucking simulator with para'd 1 HP legends that still refuse to stay in the ball I do not miss catch rate 3 legendaries (thank goodness they are guaranteed in dynamax encounters). Also, as stated in another thread I really wish CT had introduced a rusty bottle cap or NPC that zeros out IVs for dynite ore or something :(

As an environment I think CT is wonderful and feels like a big step in terms of worldbuilding. I think they nailed the exploration theme with this one. I was biking around and stumbled on the cave that leads to the frigid sea, and when I came out of the cave into the clearing with trees and the beach it was raining and I was actually wearing headphones for once so I could actually hear the rain in the background and it was just *chef's kiss.* Being bigger there is also room for a lot more wild encounters to roam around; I was pleasantly surprised to run into not one but two Dragapult, Trevanant, I found a Garchomp in a cave, etc. It just makes everything feel more lived in.

Galarian Articuno smashing into your face when it attacks is also very funny and I appreciate it.

That said, while main SwSh and IoA got some flack for handing out legendaries/making them easy to catch, I gotta say after a few rounds of ball-chucking simulator with para'd 1 HP legends that still refuse to stay in the ball I do not miss catch rate 3 legendaries (thank goodness they are guaranteed in dynamax encounters). Also, as stated in another thread I really wish CT had introduced a rusty bottle cap or NPC that zeros out IVs for dynite ore or something :(
Very similar to my thoughts but also, Peony is the best and I love him; Peonia is also very good and I wish she got more to do.

All the little cutscenes are a real treat! For once they don't always feel like stilted long panning camera nonsense, there's some snappiness here.

Anyone know what you're supposed to do for the Ultra Beast quest, or is that literally just unlocking Ultra Beasts in the raid adventures?

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anyone know what you're supposed to do for the Ultra Beast quest, or is that literally just unlocking Ultra Beasts in the raid adventures?
Capture Necrozma specifically. Once you catch Necrozma the Max Lair scientist in charge of the Dynamax Adventures will notice after you show it to Peony and then will thank you for catching Necrozma (as it was the source of the Ultra Wormhole in CT) and the quest will be considered complete.

(As for how to unlock it, do everything else first then chase down Peony and Peonia to the Max Lair)

Last edited:
Capture Necrozma specifically. Once you catch Necrozma the Max Lair scientist in charge of the Dynamax Adventures will notice after you show it to Peony and then will thank you for catching Necrozma (as it was the source of the Ultra Wormhole in CT) and the quest will be considered complete.

(As for how to unlock it, do everything else first then chase down Peony and Peonia to the Max Lair)
Does that mean you have to progress for most of the story before Necrozma can be found, or does it just auto-register if you've already done so?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Going to play through the main story of Crown Tundra tonight/tomorrow, I got one question going in:

I know you get to pick the Wild Horse, so my question is which seems to be the most popular one? Because I'm thinking of getting the least popular one so that way I could more easily trade for the most popular.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Going to play through the main story of Crown Tundra tonight/tomorrow, I got one question going in:

I know you get to pick the Wild Horse, so my question is which seems to be the most popular one? Because I'm thinking of getting the least popular one so that way I could more easily trade for the most popular.
Picking the less popular one for that idea is pretty good idea. I think I'd consider it if I had Switch Online and if I hadn't already caught mine. It might not matter much if there's cloning though. (I don't know if there is, so check first.) If there is cloning, I'd pick whichever one you like more so it will have your Trainer ID and it should feel more special to you if you caught it yourself.

As for your question, Ghost. Ice may become more popular if Ghost gets banned in OU, but that's just speculation for now and only matters in the long run.

You could just make a 2nd Switch profile and trade with yourself, mind you that way you would need to replay everything once again on you 2nd profile just to pick the other horse
(I mean you could always speedrun it :P)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)