Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Have they actually given a release date for the DLC yet? Or are we expecting at the end of these events for the DLC to release?
Speculation is after the last giveaway which ends some date in June, don't recall which. Guess is each lasts 1 week. So that would be June...?

But again, just a guess.

Let's say the fact the last gift event is very suspectfully giving you a large amount of money and exp candies is what makes us suspect the most about that date.

Oh with a bit of luck they're out of my birthday :thinkingbirthdayface:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So, we thinking this'll be the average 5 minute promo detailing some new goodies or something a bit longer, like a mini-direct?

Reactions: R_N
So, we thinking this'll be the average 5 minute promo detailing some new goodies or something a bit longer, like a mini-direct?
Double checking the phrasing (just the next bit of information) probably more a promo than a full presentation, yeah. Show off some new things about Armor with a release date, then cap it off with some more footage and a (delayed, possibly) release date for Crown Tundra to get you hyped

There's no real way to tell how much information we're getting by "最新情報". It literally means "latest information", and we can't tell how much information they'll include beforehand.

Honestly I don't really expect too much information anyway. A short 2-minute teaser showing some new Pokemon in the DLC and hopefully the date that the DLC(s) will be available is good enough for me. inb4 the info is that both DLCs will be delayed.

Latest Information is what they usually refer to their typical updates as when they just slap up a trailer. It'll likely be a mix of overview trailer and new things. There's plenty of things to show off like moves, items, and such. Any or all of those would be relevant here.

If it was just a 5-minute info video, I wonder why they would announce the time and date in advance. Then again, this is Game Freak.

I'm just looking for release date and Pokemon. New moves and items are okay to. Story details and other gimmicks, whatever. You can experience those as you play.

I'm assuming just a cutsie trailer with old footage mashed up though as it seems to be what they are.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well there's plenty of things they can talk about if they want:

The Isle of Armor:
  • Talk about some of locations we've seen from the map (like we know someplace we can make Apricorn Pokeball... which would also mean there are Apricorn Trees):
  • Tell us about Urshifu's Ability and Gigantamax.
  • Galarian Slowbro & Bird Trio (and maybe they'll surprise us with some other Galarian Variant)
  • The new Tutor Moves & new Moves.
  • The new items like the Exp. Charm.
  • More info on what Restricted Sparring is:

The Crown Tundra:
While too early to show any in-depth info I think (such as the map or details on specific locations), they could maybe tell us about the NPCs we'd be meeting (and a predicted release date).

I think a look at some of the new mons and moves would definitely help build up excitement. More footagebof the environments would be neat too, and i feel like isle of armor will find a way to sneak in another legendary we dont know about somehow...

I don't think we need too much information. If everything is still on time, we're less than a month to Isle of Armor releasing, and personally I prefer to find out stuff myself as I play the game. Knowing too much detail about the game before I play kinda ruins it for me. And since I've already paid for the DLC, it's not like I want them to show me stuff to convince me to buy it anyway.

Honestly I'd just like to see like..stuff around the islands? Every time we see the wild area its like..well, the tropical setting does make it look better than the drab mainland Wild Area but somehow it feels even emptier. And likely not as big as you'd think (especially since this isn't the "exploration" area).

It doesn't have to be a lot, just a little reassurance that hey! There's things!

The biggest thing I'm wanting to know is about returning Pokémon so I can plan better. Otherwise they're free to show me anything!
My main curiosity about the DLCs to be honest is how they are going to handle the """"story"""".

Specifically, is there anything preventing me from murdering the shit out of it with my level 100s? I'd love if there's an actual barrier of sort that prevents you from doing it.

(That said, I will likely still try it with "fresh" pokemon for the sake of it, but I'm still not a fan of self-imposed challenges, but GameFreaks doesn't strike me as someone who'd be bothered by this...)

I vaguely recall something from somewhere about "you can only use Kubfu in the dojo/tower" - sorry for forgetting names and sources, but was this just idle speculation or was it ever actually implied?

I vaguely recall something from somewhere about "you can only use Kubfu in the dojo/tower" - sorry for forgetting names and sources, but was this just idle speculation or was it ever actually implied?
Even assuming that's actually a thing, if the entire DLC's "story" is climbing the tower with badass-Cubchoo, that'd be a bit disappointing considering we are promised two "regions" that are meant to make up at least another Wild Area-sized place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)