Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

There is one thing out of the datamine that makes me think
no more galarian forms, at least not in Armor

Every single Galarian form, either across the whole line or on the final evolution, has one of these things:
-unique move like Obstruct
-unique ability like Wandering Spirit
-both like how Stunfisk knows Snap Trap & Mimicry

And of the 4 lines we've seen thus far they all stick to this. Slowbro & the birds all have a unique move, and Slowbro also has a unique ability.

but the datamine of Home gave us the move tutor moves, urshifu's moves and zarude's moves. meanwhile the only new abilities are Quick Draw & Unseen Fist.

Just seems unusual to have one any other galarian forms added that don't have one, the other or both
Haven't been following the Home stuff much. Can you share a link to the Home datamine? Wondering about Zarude's move pool.

Haven't been following the Home stuff much. Can you share a link to the Home datamine? Wondering about Zarude's move pool.
we don't know their move pools, just the new moves, abilities and seemingly some of the items being added. They're within the last 11 pages of the datamine thread

Well we know theres tonns be more to come Remember when they were tslking about Raid Dens and they had one artwork censored when talking about the legendaries dynamaxing before your eyes? The birds were already revealed, wo itd be a bit of a head scratcher to censor them...and they already revealed the other legends were coming back too

Well we know theres tonns be more to come Remember when they were tslking about Raid Dens and they had one artwork censored when talking about the legendaries dynamaxing before your eyes? The birds were already revealed, wo itd be a bit of a head scratcher to censor them...and they already revealed the other legends were coming back too
I honestly assumed that wasn't a censor and was just stand in for "wow a random legendary pokemon"

I honestly assumed that wasn't a censor and was just stand in for "wow a random legendary pokemon"
I dont think artwork with that level of detail would have a giant black splotch in the final piece...they are defenitely hiding something.

Like, look at these. Even in last gen, it was super obvious what legends they were. The only reason i can see to hide the arteork like in the direct if theres more surprises in store

Last edited:
I dont think artwork with that level of detail would have a giant black splotch in the final piece...they are defenitely hiding something.
You're thinking of Galarian Slowking which had its head ""censored"" in the artwork showcase. I don't recall any other case.

Yeah that's definitely hinting at something. Will be surprised if it's not G-max Regigigas. Regigigantamax?
I swear if they don't make the Regigigamax meme live....

But yes, honestly that's the only raid-specific thing I can see them hiding, expecially as he's literally the only unconfirmed legendary AND the Regis (the old ones at least) are the only legendaryes that have been shown having a dedicated overworld place rather than being just Raid spawns.

Actually...something very curious i just noticed. We have gigantimax formes for both versions of Urshifu, yet no gigantimax for the legendary focused expansion has been revealed. Even more curious is the fact that this expansion has us exploring these dens in greater detail. Could the main lure being a chance to find not only legendaries, but gigantimax formes of those legends?

So uhm, Cydonia published a video commenting on a gameplay they got to watch.

It's in Italian (but I expect more in other languages to pop out eventually), but he says that Isle of Armor has a "scaling" system similar to the Wild Area, but also applied to actual trainers. They say they don't know if this scales all the way to level 100.

He also says there's plenty of dungeoning and actually hidden areas to explore. (that however were not shown), however in general we're looking still at linear areas combined with extra optional paths.
Also, according to him, GameFreaks said that this DLC should have "some of the hardest challenges yet to come".

(Also, they improved the trees. Very important details :P )

Edit: Oh, yes, he says that you get an additional Exp share that can be assigned to a single pokemon and makes it get even more experience.

Edit2: I see Serebii is covering this as well, so yes probably some more vids in English should appear shortly enough.

If it actually applies to the trainers that's fairly impressive and I'm curious on the specifics.

The exp share thing they mention is likely the EXP Charm. Which is at least better than the altnerative I was thinking, which was a key item that just passively boosted all exp for everyone.

can you make an evil exp charm that lowers exp

The exp share thing they mention is likely the EXP Charm. Which is at least better than the altnerative I was thinking, which was a key item that just passively boosted all exp for everyone.
The name Cydonia says is Exp Amulet in Italian so likely. Also, he says it's a Key item, but can only be "applied" to one pokemon at time.

I think it's possibly intended to have the teddiebear catchup quickly if your team is higher leveled, and has the extra benefit of helping leveling up pokemon in postgame.

Can't help but laughing at Slowpoke scrambling at insane speed down the hill at the beginning.

Another thing that he mentions that seemed quite important is the apparent presence of "yellowish" balls in the overworld (possible TM expansion?). Move tutors will be also available from the get-go.

Also, what the italian video says after 2:30 is a little concerning: while he admitted that some secondary pathways are present, he also conceded that he wasn't shown anything but main paths (a little suspicious), and that those main paths were eerily similar in linearity to the original Wild Area.

Ign confirmed that the dlc were in production before sword and shield released, ao gamefreak was definitely playing pr chess all along.
Make of that what you will.
I guess it depends on how long before release they began production. If it's, say, at some point after the E3 reveal, then this might be an attempt to fix things after the negative reaction. If it's anytime before, then there are no excuses.

I guess it depends on how long before release they began production. If it's, say, at some point after the E3 reveal, then this might be an attempt to fix things after the negative reaction. If it's anytime before, then there are no excuses.
I dont think a big decision like this was made out of a spur of the moment reaction., especially with swsh still being actively worked on at the time. Not one, but 2 expansions? No, this was planned well in advance.

That being said, kinda surprised they were willing to eat so much dirt to keep the DLC stuff a surprise. Had half the world mad but they stood firm to their beliefs, damn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)