Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I mean, I’m still not the best at brushing my teeth everyday...... I should probably get Smile. The shiny Zeraora is a perfect reward and a great incentive to battle the boss (assuming its Mewtwo-like). Mega Evolutions being in GO I’m sure will be seen by many as a sign of their return in the main series at some point. Still can’t believe they’re teasing us with another presentation in a week... wonder what it will be.

As a whole this felt like things they probably would have announced at the type of presser they held last year, but couldn't, so may as well throw it in a direct-like presentation

Because Smile is aggressively not something you would put for the audience that watches these otherwise.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It is. The text in the announcement screen confirmed it can't be caught.

I'm also pretty sure you have to be connected to the internet while doing the raid for your victory to register.
Yeah I saw that, I meant regarding the difficulty level, though I’m sure it won’t be quite as tough as Mewtwo.

Also forgot to mention, Snap looked amazing. I never had a 64 but based on what I’ve heard others say it was a pretty fun game. Could be my next Switch purchase.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I am glad that Game Freak has finally embraced the superiority of the almighty Grush

Also the new Pokemon Snap looks pretty dope (and hella beautiful too!). Nothing brings me more joy than ancient pipedreams becoming a reality

Ya also gotta love how Zeraora is being handled in a more interesting way in the lead-up to a totally unrelated DLC than it ever was during the entirety of Gen 7's lifespan

I was frankly expecting nothing from this presentation so the fact we even got the new Snap means it has already surpassed my expectations. Megas in Go would also be quite gnarly if I cared about that game

Having tried the Zeraora raid, I don't think the 1 million target is remotely feasible once the necessity to be connected to the internet is considered. I very much doubt soloing it is feasible for many people -- you can't just faceroll it with a legendary. Additionally, with its only weakness being ground, I foresee a lot of people getting team wiped by Earthquake spam.

This is assuming Urshifu doesn't totally ignore the barriers or something stupid.

Having tried the Zeraora raid, I don't think the 1 million target is remotely feasible once the necessity to be connected to the internet is considered. I very much doubt soloing it is feasible for many people -- you can't just faceroll it with a legendary. Additionally, with its only weakness being ground, I foresee a lot of people getting team wiped by Earthquake spam.

This is assuming Urshifu doesn't totally ignore the barriers or something stupid.
inb4 they plan on giving away a shiny Zeraora regardless and the 1,000,000 victories target was just to get people to play.

Just chiming in to say that you can access DLC raids without owning the DLC, which is nice, though not really unexpected.

Slightly more concerning, and I'd appreciate if someone besides me would check this because it could just be bad luck or shitty internet - the force-stamp-update trick using Swap Cards doesn't appear to be working anymore? I can't force max raid stamps to refresh continuously like I could earlier.

For those who actually get to fight the Zerorea raid (since I can't get to flush out one), how hard is it compared to the Mewtwo raid?

The Mewtwo raid was bonkers. Pretty much if you and your team don't clearly know what you are doing you are here to be Hulk smashed, and if you do you still are gonna get Hulk smashed.

Man this sucks, I really thought it was gonna be whole nat dex but it looks to be only half of a nat dex, can transfer alakazam, lickitung, kangaskhan, tauros, and porygon(probably others that I dont have have in home), but cant transfer Electrode, Nidoqueen, Victreebel, both regional forms of golem, dodrio, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, and the three legendary birds. I mean its cool that they are putting all the title legendaries(and some other legendaries and mythicals) in the game, but the game still doesnt have(and probably wont get) a full nat dex

Mildly interesting thing I just noticed in the footage from this Spanish YouTube vid is that there are not only new train tracks to a station just above Prof. Magnolia's house/lab on the map, where you catch the Taxi to IoA (as opposed to just taking a train from the station where you encounter slowpoke-G), but there is also a new set of tracks running straight down in the direction of the Slumbering Weld that aren't on the current map either. It seems like the most likely explanation is that these just run to another new station that will take us to the CT, but interesting that they're already visible on this build of the map. Maybe there will be another "preview" of CT there at some point like we got with Klara/Avery and Slowpoke.

View attachment 254889
Haha, this new track is not currently on the map, I guess they made the trailer with a build that had some CT in it already! (Unless it opens up later in the IoA story for some reason...)

Man this sucks, I really thought it was gonna be whole nat dex but it looks to be only half of a nat dex, can transfer alakazam, lickitung, kangaskhan, tauros, and porygon(probably others that I dont have have in home), but cant transfer Electrode, Nidoqueen, Victreebel, both regional forms of golem, dodrio, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, and the three legendary birds. I mean its cool that they are putting all the title legendaries(and some other legendaries and mythicals) in the game, but the game still doesnt have(and probably wont get) a full nat dex
It was officially made clear that some 200 other Pokemon will be introduced on top of the 400 of Galar. Never it said there has to be a full Dex when Tundra is here.

It was officially made clear that some 200 other Pokemon will be introduced on top of the 400 of Galar. Never it said there has to be a full Dex when Tundra is here.
I know man, but I was hoping early on that while the trailer revealed some pokemon, others would still be added regardless. Nevertheless the only downside I can think of is just not having all the legendaries/mythicals in sword/shield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)