Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

For Zeraora raids, I think the likes of Golurk and Lightning Rod Alolan Marowak might be ideal choices. Both have a high attacking stat, and are immune to Electric (in Alolan Marowak's case, only if Zeraora decides to not use its stat reset trick) and one of its coverage moves (Close Combat), which I don't think anyone else can compare.

Accidental team-killing should not be a problem, as High Horsepower TRs for Golurk were being given out like candy for the first Gigantamax Toxtricity event. Marowak needs to resort to Stomping Tantrum for team-safe Ground STAB, but it can work as well.
Palossand > Marowak. And without proper synergy, it's the best choice in the game.

S-Zeraora can almost one shot A-Marowak with D-Max Draco, not only that, but also reduces the attack of the entire party -and it's a physical mon-, invalidating the -1 Defense he will eventually get by using close combat. While it receives the same hits in terms of resistances, it's substantially less bulky than Palossand, and this one can also run a special variant who doesn't care about Attack drops and can keep abussing Zera's SpD drops with Earth Power. It can also run shore up and regain even more HP that he would with an hyper potion by using the move in SS, which would be present due to D-Max moves. Keep in mind, Alo-M can be 2HKO by D-Max Draco plus Outrage in the same turn.

Golurk is by far a better choice, altho less bulky than Palo and susceptible to Atk. drops. I've tested Golurk, TR Runerigus and Palossand, all of them against a hosted S-Zera, and Palo is the only one that has withstanded the assault of Draco spam with success, while also being able to ko him after the drops with Earth Power.

Last edited:
You just need to beat any Zeraora once to count, right? So just go for a 3 or 4 star one and win easily. You should even be able to do it with CPUs if you've got the right 'mon.

Honestly a bit surprised it's not halfway at least. Still think we'll get it mind; just hope we'll hit 2M for the extra rewards.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
You just need to beat any Zeraora once to count, right? So just go for a 3 or 4 star one and win easily. You should even be able to do it with CPUs if you've got the right 'mon.
I think it's for every Zeraora defeated, not they need at least one million players to defeat a Zeraora (though that too would reach the goal so eitherway works, lol).

The announcement does specifically say "1 Million Trainers" rather than victories. If it was just victories we would have gotten there by now
So basically you're telling me my attempts to grind Zeraora are basically being for naugh? :(

Well I suppose it does drop good stuff at least

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So basically you're telling me my attempts to grind Zeraora are basically being for naugh? :(
Are you doing them with other players? Zeraora is pretty much impossible to solo, you pretty much need an entire team of players to beat it. And so in that way, while you may have defeated a Zeraora already, by doing online Raids you may be helping a player who hasn't yet.

By the by, did I miss an update before because I'm pretty sure the link code for trading being 8 digits instead of 4 is new to this update.

And... that's great! It's a bit more annoying to type in that many digits, sure, but I was very happy to see GF address this issue given how easy it was to end up trading with someone else instead of the person you wanted to.

By the by, did I miss an update before because I'm pretty sure the link code for trading being 8 digits instead of 4 is new to this update.

And... that's great! It's a bit more annoying to type in that many digits, sure, but I was very happy to see GF address this issue given how easy it was to end up trading with someone else instead of the person you wanted to.
It also applies to battles. It’s not perfect, as I remember for a tournament it took me 15 minutes to connect to one of my opponents, but it’s an improvement nonetheless. Hopefully they bring back FCs and lists in the next update.

Well, I guess a MOBA makes sense... but I've tried over and over with multiple MOBAs and I could never get to enjoy them, so I'll pass.

I still wish for a Pokémon x Puyo Puyo game. I mean, just imagine Schezo and his team of cute mons...

Last edited:
So why is talonflame here? Like this isn't a complaint or anything, using pokemon like Talonflame in big roles is what I want to see more of in this series but its kinda....out of place here, yeah?
You have 8 gen 1 pokemon, all fairly popular, and then Lucario because you gotta have Lucario

and Talonflame!

Not sure why some people expected Sinnoh remakes or Let's Go Johto. Main-series-wise, shouldn't they be pushing The Crown Tundra right now?

Basically this.

People saw a lot of gen 2 pokemon plushies in the last stream, and suddently thought it was a hidden message.

As for Sinnoh remakes, everyone with functioning braincells stopped expecting them when USUM was announced.
Personally, I had a bit of expectation of the infamous ORAS remake due to that datamine, but just a tiny bit and wasn't exactly expecting anything today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)