Sticky Sword/Shield Sprite Project

It appears that the spritesheet is messed up a bit. Dottler Shiny fronts are in the shiny back column for instance
Also, Greedent and Barraskewda are listed as reserved in the spriter column despite being done. And Crocovyle is in some places such as in Alcremie animations as Blaquaza.

It appears that the spritesheet is messed up a bit. Dottler Shiny fronts are in the shiny back column for instance
Also, Greedent and Barraskewda are listed as reserved in the spriter column despite being done. And Crocovyle is in some places such as in Alcremie animations as Blaquaza.
Blaquaza is his Discord name. leParagon said it was 1:00 am when he made it so he was a little wack.

Mystery solved: Cramorant's catch is a normal Pikachu.
No changes in color between normal and shiny:
poke_capture_0845_002_mf_n_00000000_f_n.png
poke_capture_0845_002_mf_n_00000000_f_r.png

There are also 70 sprites for Alcremie, not including G-Max (of which there are only two).

Giga Alcremie can be found in other flavors through Wild Area News but its giga form may be indifferent between flavors. Also, due to the way the sprite is made, Cramorant’s catch in shiny is colored differently a bit (Lighter Yellow). And we have 15 colors as maximum
I am referring (in both cases) specifically to the Pokémon HOME sprites.
I took a close look (using hex code meter), and the yellows, browns, and dark yellows of the two caught Pikachu are the same between the HOME sprites for both standard and shiny Cramorant.
As for G-Max, I'm just going by what I found from Spriter's Resource. The uploader chose to only upload 2 G-Max Alcremie, but they also curiously chose to show the backsides of male and female Torchic (because there is a speck of difference near the tail), but nothing else, so it is quite possible there are sprites they failed to upload, such as G-Max Alcremie of other flavors.

Me and Kalaloki: Are we a joke to you?
Are you not part of Smogon?

Last edited:
Any ETA on when the rest of the 2d sprites will be updated? I really like that Grimmsnarl sprite but it doesn't seem like it's been added in yet (despite 3d renders being already in?)

Any ETA on when the rest of the 2d sprites will be updated? I really like that Grimmsnarl sprite but it doesn't seem like it's been added in yet (despite 3d renders being already in?)
You do realize that the '3d renders' are 3d models made by Game Freak, right? All the 2d ones from Gen 6 onward you see here are made practically from scratch by unpaid spriters here on Smogon, which is not in any way endorsed by The Pokémon Company, Ltd..
Those 3D 'renders' are official. Everything 2D since GF stopped doing 2D in Gen 6 (besides the icon sprites) is Smogon-crafted.

Mystery solved: Cramorant's catch is a normal Pikachu.
No changes in color between normal and shiny:
View attachment 223075View attachment 223076
There are also 70 sprites for Alcremie, not including G-Max (of which there are only two).
Giga Alcremie can be found in other flavors through Wild Area News but its giga form may be indifferent between flavors. Also, due to the way the sprite is made, Cramorant’s catch in shiny is colored differently a bit (Lighter Yellow). And we have 15 colors as maximum

I know you guys make them, if you took a gander at my art thread you'd realize I too dwell a bit in the pixel arts. I was just wondering why the nice looking grimmsnarl wasn't in yet... no need to flip.

leparagon

He sprites. Gamefreak hates him. Find out why!
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
why is the thread messy again :bloblul:

-some sprites have yet to be implemented into showdown. up to the devs
-cramorant cant be changed anymore. the pikachu shares colours with the beak so we cant do anything about it. I dont wanna break the colour limit. we already knew the shiny cramorant doesnt have a shiny pikachu since the shinies were first revealed a few months ago
-if someone says something confusing, dont reply unless you make sure what they mean
-the 3d renders are separate from the sprite project. so they get implemented at diff times
-all icon sprites from gen8 + meltan and melmetal were custom made to fit the old style of icons. a separate project is being made for the cleanup of the gen8 icons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)