move 3: Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
move 4: Ice Shard
item: Loaded Dice / Heavy-Duty Boots
tera type: Dragon / Fairy
ability: Thermal Exchange
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Baxcalibur's high Attack stat and strong STAB attacks put it among the most potent wallbreakers in the metagame. Swords Dance accentuates its power, allowing Baxcalibur to OHKO faster threats such as Dragapult and Roaring Moon with Ice Shard, as well as OHKOing defensive Great Tusk with Icicle Spear after Stealth Rock damage. Loaded Dice + Icicle Spear affords Baxcalibur a strong and accurate STAB move. Another option for Baxcalibur is Heavy-Duty Boots, which removes its weakness to Stealth Rock at the cost of making it use the slightly weaker Icicle Crash. Icicle Crash also has merit, however, as it gives Baxcalibur a chance to flinch down its checks like Iron Defense Corviknight. Tera Dragon allows Baxcalibur to gain a Fire resistance, notably helping it check Volcarona. Additionally, Tera Dragon boosts the power of Glaive Rush, allowing +2 Baxcalibur to OHKO physically defensive Toxapex. Alternatively, Tera Fairy is a defensive option to avoid being revenge killed by threats such as Dragapult, Iron Valiant, and Kingambit. Thermal Exchange is the preferred ability to prevent burns, letting Baxcalibur set up against Pokemon like Rotom-W.

Swords Dance Baxcalibur works best on hyper offense teams, where it can wallbreak effectively to facilitate sweeps for other offensive Pokemon such as Booster Energy Iron Moth and Iron Valiant. Teammates such as offensive Great Tusk, Meowscarada, and Glimmora can set entry hazards to help pressure Baxcalibur checks such as Azumarill and Dondozo. Kingambit provides a switch-in to Dragapult and helps overwhelm shared checks like Dondozo. Volcarona appreciates Baxcalibur's efforts in wearing down Skeledirge and checks Iron Valiant. Baxcalibur is vulnerable to hazards if running Loaded Dice, so it appreciates hazard removal from Iron Treads and Great Tusk. Orthworm's Shed Tail grants Baxcalibur a Substitute, giving it the freedom to set up. Swords Dance Baxcalibur also appreciates Sticky Web support from Masquerain, as this allows it to outspeed revenge killers such as Hisuian Zoroark, non-Booster Energy Iron Valiant, and Choice Scarf Gholdengo.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[sufys12, 477404]]
- Quality checked by: [[CaptainDaimyo, 602431], [autumn, 384270]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Estarossa, 461329], [Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited:

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
Add Remove Comment Highlight
[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Glaive Rush

[SET COMMENTS]
Baxcalibur's high attack stat, as well as its strong STAB options, puts it among the most potent breakers in the metagame. These qualities are further accentuated with Swords Dance. The attack boost from Swords Dance provides Baxcalibur with the ability to OHKO faster threats such as Dragapult and Roaring Moon with Ice Shard, as well as OHKO defensive Great Tusk with Icicle Spear after Stealth Rock damage. Loaded Dice in conjunction with Icicle Spear affords Baxcalibur a strong and accurate STAB in Icicle Spear. Another option for Baxcalibur is Heavy-Duty Boots, which removes its weakness to Stealth Rock. However, this means it must use the considerably weaker I believe this is being too harsh. Icicle Crash does have its own merit such as being able to flinch so mention that Icicle Crash rather than Icicle Spear. Tera Dragon allows Baxcalibur to gain a resistance to Fire-type attacks, notably helping Baxcalibur check Volcarona. Additionally, Tera Dragon boosts the power of Glaive Rush, notably allowing +2 Baxcalibur to OHKO Physically Defensive Toxapex. Alternatively, Tera Fairy is a defensive option that allows Baxcalibur to avoid being revenge killed by threats such as Dragapult and Iron Valiant, as well as gaining a resistance to Kingambit's Sucker Punch. Thermal Exchange is the preferred ability as it allows Baxcalibur to avoid Will-O-Wisp Mention here as well on how switching into Fire-type attacks can boost its Attack, and it's much scarier when it's Tera Dragon.

Swords Dance Baxcalibur works best on hyper offense teams, where it can break effectively, facilitating sweeps for other offensive Pokemon including Booster Energy Iron Moth and Iron Valiant. Entry hazards apply pressure to Baxcalibur checks such as Azumarill and Dondozo; as such, offensive Great Tusk, Meowscarada and Greninja Why mention these hazard setters over other Pokemon? are good teammates. Kingambit provides a switch-in to Dragapult and helps overwhelm shared checks like Dondozo Baxcalibur and Kingambit would still lose to Dondozo imo since they both get literally bodied by Body Press. Volcarona appreciates Baxcalibur's efforts in wearing down Skeledirge and I wouldn't be using Bax to wear down Dirge since the latter can burn Bax and cripple its sweeping prowess. provides a switch-in to can check Iron Valiant Mention what bax does in return, such as being able to check Drag after a Swords Dance. Baxcalibur is vulnerable to hazards; thus it appreciates hazard removal from Iron Treads and Great Tusk. Swords Dance Baxcalibur also appreciates Sticky Web support from Masquerain as this allows it to outspeed and avoid being revenge killed by opposing Hisuian Zoroark, non-Booster Energy Iron Valiant, Scarf Gholdengo and Dragapult. Tbh this isn't really worth the mention. Masquerain has little viability in the tier currently.

IMO the teammates section feels a bit shallow. I'd like to see sections on the following:
- Wallbreakers that can check Unaware Pokemon
- Pivots that can bring Bax in

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
Implement this and tag me so I can take another look.

Add Remove Comment Highlight
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Baxcalibur's high attack stat, as well as its strong STAB options, puts it among the most potent breakers in the metagame. These qualities are further accentuated with Swords Dance. The attack boost from Swords Dance provides Baxcalibur with the ability to OHKO faster threats such as Dragapult and Roaring Moon with Ice Shard, as well as OHKO defensive Great Tusk with Icicle Spear after Stealth Rock damage. Loaded Dice in conjunction with Icicle Spear affords Baxcalibur a strong and accurate STAB in Icicle Spear. Another option for Baxcalibur is Heavy-Duty Boots, which removes its weakness to Stealth Rock. However, this means it must use the considerably weaker I believe this is being too harsh. Icicle Crash does have its own merit such as being able to flinch so mention that Icicle Crash rather than Icicle Spear. Tera Dragon allows Baxcalibur to gain a resistance to Fire-type attacks, notably helping Baxcalibur check Volcarona. Additionally, Tera Dragon boosts the power of Glaive Rush, notably allowing +2 Baxcalibur to OHKO Physically Defensive Toxapex. Alternatively, Tera Fairy is a defensive option that allows Baxcalibur to avoid being revenge killed by threats such as Dragapult and Iron Valiant, as well as gaining a resistance to Kingambit's Sucker Punch. Thermal Exchange is the preferred ability as it allows Baxcalibur to avoid Will-O-Wisp Mention here as well on how switching into Fire-type attacks can boost its Attack, and it's much scarier when it's Tera Dragon.

Swords Dance Baxcalibur works best on hyper offense teams, where it can break effectively, facilitating sweeps for other offensive Pokemon including Booster Energy Iron Moth and Iron Valiant. Entry hazards apply pressure to Baxcalibur checks such as Azumarill and Dondozo; as such, offensive Great Tusk, Meowscarada and Greninja Why mention these hazard setters over other Pokemon? are good teammates. Kingambit provides a switch-in to Dragapult and helps overwhelm shared checks like Dondozo Baxcalibur and Kingambit would still lose to Dondozo imo since they both get literally bodied by Body Press. Volcarona appreciates Baxcalibur's efforts in wearing down Skeledirge and I wouldn't be using Bax to wear down Dirge since the latter can burn Bax and cripple its sweeping prowess. provides a switch-in to can check Iron Valiant Mention what bax does in return, such as being able to check Drag after a Swords Dance. Baxcalibur is vulnerable to hazards; thus it appreciates hazard removal from Iron Treads and Great Tusk. Swords Dance Baxcalibur also appreciates Sticky Web support from Masquerain as this allows it to outspeed and avoid being revenge killed by opposing Hisuian Zoroark, non-Booster Energy Iron Valiant, Scarf Gholdengo and Dragapult. Tbh this isn't really worth the mention. Masquerain has little viability in the tier currently.

IMO the teammates section feels a bit shallow. I'd like to see sections on the following:
- Wallbreakers that can check Unaware Pokemon
- Pivots that can bring Bax in

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
Implement this and tag me so I can take another look.
I will implement some of this but there was one error you made.
Baxcalibur can't be burned due to Thermal Exchange so it can definitely weaken Skeledirge.
I mentioned the hazard setters because Spikes is good support and helps more in wearing down checks than Stealth Rock would. Meow and Gren are good HO leads in general so I figured they were worth mentioning considering that they offer this support. I thought of Great Tusk too because sets such as Eject Pack are also able to weaken Dondozo and pivot out to bring in Baxcalibur as well as set up Stealth Rock.
No, Bax and Gambit in combination can definitely overwhelm Dondozo, Both can easily force it to Rest. Because Dondozo doesn't have reliable recovery, after either of them hit Dondozo you can go into something that beats it and force it out, and now it has been chipped. Now next time it comes in it will have to take hazard damage and can be broken past with relative ease from Dondozo and Kingambit. In prep for this analysis I built a few SD Baxcalibur teams to see how well it actually performs in game and I definitely found that Dondozo could be overwhelmed by those two.
As for Webs, I do agree that they do have little viability. However, it is actually pretty hard to justify Swords Dance Baxcalibur outside of webs. In general the set is inferior to both Choice Band and Dragon Dance.

Last edited:

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
I will implement some of this but there was one error you made.
Baxcalibur can't be burned due to Thermal Exchange so it can definitely weaken Skeledirge.
I mentioned the hazard setters because Spikes is good support and helps more in wearing down checks than Stealth Rock would. Meow and Gren are good HO leads in general so I figured they were worth mentioning considering that they offer this support. I thought of Great Tusk too because sets such as Eject Pack are also able to weaken Dondozo and pivot out to bring in Baxcalibur as well as set up Stealth Rock.
No, Bax and Gambit in combination can definitely overwhelm Dondozo, Both can easily force it to Rest. Because Dondozo doesn't have reliable recovery, after either of them hit Dondozo you can go into something that beats it and force it out, and now it has been chipped. Now next time it comes in it will have to take hazard damage and can be broken past with relative ease from Dondozo and Kingambit. In prep for this analysis I built a few SD Baxcalibur teams to see how well it actually performs in game and I definitely found that Dondozo could be overwhelmed by those two.
As for Webs, I do agree that they do have little viability. However, it is actually pretty hard to justify Swords Dance Baxcalibur outside of webs. In general the set is inferior to both Choice Band and Dragon Dance.
Stamping this 1/2. Apologies for the error!

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
2/2
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Baxcalibur's high attack stat, as well as its strong STAB options, puts it among the most potent breakers in the metagame. These qualities are further accentuated with Swords Dance. The attack boost from Swords Dance provides Baxcalibur with the ability to OHKO faster threats such as Dragapult and Roaring Moon with Ice Shard, as well as OHKO defensive Great Tusk with Icicle Spear after Stealth Rock damage. (optional but if you cant concision you could combine these 2 sentences and just say "These qualities are further accentuated with Swords Dance, providingBaxcalibur with the ability to...") Loaded Dice in conjunction with Icicle Spear affords Baxcalibur a strong and accurate STAB (you coukd mention subs breaking too if you wanna flesh it out). Another option for Baxcalibur is Heavy-Duty Boots, which removes its weakness to Stealth Rock. However, this means it must use the slightly weaker Icicle Crash rather than Icicle Spear. Icicle Crash also has merit, as it gives Baxcalibur a chance to flinch down its checks. Tera Dragon allows Baxcalibur to gain a resistance to Fire-type attacks, notably helping Baxcalibur check Volcarona. Additionally, Tera Dragon boosts the power of Glaive Rush, notably allowing +2 Baxcalibur to OHKO Physically Defensive Toxapex. Alternatively, Tera Fairy is a defensive option that allows Baxcalibur to avoid being revenge killed by threats such as Dragapult and Iron Valiant, as well as gaining a resistance to Kingambit's Sucker Punch. Thermal Exchange is the preferred ability as it allows Baxcalibur to avoid otherwise crippling burns. Additionally, Thermal Exchange gives Baxcalibur an attack boost when hit by a Fire-type attack, making Baxcalibur more threatening. (not sure the last sentence is super needed because it's mostly dex info (explaining what a move/item/ability does when it's searchable on the dex) and you already have one sentence on thermal exchange)

Swords Dance Baxcalibur works best on hyper offense teams, where it can break effectively, facilitating sweeps for other offensive Pokemon including Booster Energy Iron Moth and Iron Valiant. Entry hazards apply pressure to Baxcalibur checks such as Azumarill and Dondozo; as such, offensive Great Tusk, Meowscarada and Greninja are good teammates (i'd mention glimmora too, maybe over greninja because i see that less and glimmora+shed tail is picking up). Kingambit provides a switch-in to Dragapult and helps overwhelm shared checks like Dondozo. Volcarona appreciates Baxcalibur's efforts in wearing down Skeledirge and checks Iron Valiant. Baxcalibur is vulnerable to hazards; thus it appreciates hazard removal from Iron Treads and Great Tusk. (mention shed tail here before webs - its arguably better with dd but its still very good with sd if you can boost then kill everyone with shard) Swords Dance Baxcalibur also appreciates Sticky Web support from Masquerain as this allows it to outspeed and avoid being revenge killed by opposing Hisuian Zoroark, non-Booster Energy Iron Valiant, Scarf Gholdengo and Dragapult. (remove pult because most of the time you beat it with shard anyways)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[CaptainDaimyo, 602431], [username2, userid2]]

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
AM GP Check, implement what you like.

red - remove
blue - add
green - comments
(RC) - remove comma
(RSC) - remove semicolon
(RP) - remove period
(AC) - add comma
(AP) - add period

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Baxcalibur's high Attack stat, (RC) as well as its and strong STAB attacks options, (RC) puts it among the most potent wallbreakers in the metagame. These qualities are further accentuated with by Swords Dance, providing Baxcalibur with the ability to OHKO faster threats such as Dragapult and Roaring Moon with Ice Shard, and OHKO defensive Great Tusk with Icicle Spear after Stealth Rock damage. Loaded Dice in conjunction with Icicle Spear affords Baxcalibur a strong and accurate STAB. Another option for Baxcalibur is Heavy-Duty Boots, which removes its weakness to Stealth Rock. (RP) However, this means that it must at the cost of needing to use the slightly weaker Icicle Crash rather than Icicle Spear. Icicle Crash also has merit, however, (AP) (to contrast this properly after the previous negative wording) as it gives Baxcalibur a chance to flinch down its checks. (Any good examples here that justify the positive mention?) Tera Dragon allows Baxcalibur to gain a resistance to Fire-type attacks, notably helping Baxcalibur check Volcarona. Additionally, Tera Dragon boosts the power of Glaive Rush, notably (repetition of notably) allowing +2 Baxcalibur to OHKO Physically Defensive Toxapex. Alternatively, Tera Fairy is a defensive option that allows Baxcalibur to avoid being revenge killed by threats such as Dragapult and Iron Valiant, (RC) as well as while gaining a resistance to Kingambit's Sucker Punch. Thermal Exchange is the preferred ability to prevent Baxcalibur being burned, letting it set up against Pokemon like Rotom-W. as it allows Baxcalibur to avoid otherwise crippling burns. (RP) (QC comment sorta here too but imo would be relevant to bring up one of its set up opportunities that this provides here)

Swords Dance Baxcalibur works best on hyper offense teams, where it can break effectively, (RC) facilitating to facilitate sweeps for other offensive Pokemon, (RC) including such as Booster Energy Iron Moth and Iron Valiant. (improving sentence flow mostly as the lot of commas slowed the sentence down massively) Teammates such as offensive Great Tusk, Meowscarada, and Glimmora can apply entry hazards apply to help pressure to Baxcalibur checks such as Azumarill and Dondozo; (RSC) as such, offensive Great Tusk, Meowscarada, and Glimmora are good teammates. (sentence flow) Kingambit provides a switch-in to Dragapult and helps overwhelm shared checks like Dondozo. Volcarona appreciates Baxcalibur's efforts in wearing down Skeledirge and can checks Iron Valiant. Baxcalibur is vulnerable to hazards if running Loaded Dice; (RSC) thus , it therefore appreciates hazard removal from Iron Treads and Great Tusk. Orthworm's Shed Tail grants Baxcalibur a Substitute, giving Baxcalibur freedom to set up. Swords Dance Baxcalibur also appreciates Sticky Web support from Masquerain, (AC) as this allows it to outspeed and avoid being revenge killed by opposing revenge killers such as Hisuian Zoroark, non-Booster Energy Iron Valiant and Choice Scarf Gholdengo.

[CREDITS]

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Baxcalibur's high Attack stat and strong STAB attacks puts put it among the most potent wallbreakers in the metagame. These qualities are further accentuated by Swords Dance, providing Baxcalibur with the ability Swords Dance accentuates its power, allowing Baxcalibur to OHKO faster threats such as Dragapult and Roaring Moon with Ice Shard, and OHKO as well as OHKOing defensive Great Tusk with Icicle Spear after Stealth Rock damage. Loaded Dice in conjunction with + Icicle Spear affords Baxcalibur a strong and accurate STAB move. Another option for Baxcalibur is Heavy-Duty Boots, which removes its weakness to Stealth Rock at the cost of needing to making it use the slightly weaker Icicle Crash rather than Icicle Spear. Icicle Crash also has merit, however, as it gives Baxcalibur a chance to flinch down its checks like Iron Defense Corviknight. Tera Dragon allows Baxcalibur to gain a resistance to Fire-type attacks, notably helping Baxcalibur Fire resistance, notably helping it check Volcarona. Additionally, Tera Dragon boosts the power of Glaive Rush, allowing +2 Baxcalibur to OHKO Physically Defensive physically defensive Toxapex. Alternatively, Tera Fairy is a defensive option that allows Baxcalibur to avoid being revenge killed by threats such as Dragapult and Iron Valiant while gaining a resistance to Kingambit's Sucker Punch. Dragapult, Iron Valiant, and Kingambit. (I imagine this works?) Thermal Exchange is the preferred ability to prevent Baxcalibur being burned, letting it burns, letting Baxcalibur set up against Pokemon like Rotom-W.

Swords Dance Baxcalibur works best on hyper offense teams, where it can wallbreak effectively to facilitate sweeps for other offensive Pokemon such as Booster Energy Iron Moth and Iron Valiant. Teammates such as offensive Great Tusk, Meowscarada, and Glimmora can apply set entry hazards to help pressure Baxcalibur checks such as Azumarill and Dondozo. Kingambit provides a switch-in to Dragapult and helps overwhelm shared checks like Dondozo. Volcarona appreciates Baxcalibur's efforts in wearing down Skeledirge and can checks Iron Valiant. Baxcalibur is vulnerable to hazards if running Loaded Dice, it therefore so it appreciates hazard removal from Iron Treads and Great Tusk. Orthworm's Shed Tail grants Baxcalibur a Substitute, giving Baxcalibur it the freedom to set up. Swords Dance Baxcalibur also appreciates Sticky Web support from Masquerain, as this allows it to outspeed revenge killers such as Hisuian Zoroark, non-Booster Energy Iron Valiant, (AC) and Choice Scarf Gholdengo.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Estarossa, 461329], [Adeleine, 517429]]
Adeleine-1.gif
GP Team done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)