ORAS UU Swords Though (UU SD Spam by MARCU5theBAW5)

I'm about 100% sure there are a bunch of teams with a similar concept.

Intro

Yeah, that's right. It's me, MARCU5theBAW5, the guy from NU, but you should definitely know me. There legitimately isn't a reason to not no me.

If you don't know who I am, you've been living under a rock. Pick one below.

Anyway, you're probably thinking, "Is this a typo? BAW5 Plays UU?" To that I say "No. This isn't a typo, and this team is awesome."

I wanted to do a Swords Dance Spam type of thing, so I started with an SD Ape and an SD Hera. It's cool that neither of my 2 sweepers care about burns thanks to Ape's Fire type and Hera's Guts ability.

At this point tho, because I got two fighters, I'm already hella weak to flyers. So I got a Mega Aggron, which is a pretty good answer to those and has SR.

I'm still weak to Ground types tho, so I added on a Chesnaught to help that out. Also gives me a way to hit water types without either boosting with Infernape as they switch in or hoping they activate Hera's Guts with a burn.

My Fire resist is Infernape. And that ain't takin most strong Fire type moves. The Snorlax I'm about to add is tho.

Now, all I need is a bulkier Fighting resist. So uh... I added a Mence. It can also take on most flyers if Aggron dies, and remove hazards.

Alright lets just get into the good part, the descriptions.

The Team

Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat

Like I said I started with a Dual SD thing with Infernape and Heracross. What ends up happening is that one of the 2 does big damage early game, allowing the other one to clean later. It basically works like type-spam. Anyway, Swords Dance is cool, and if I can predict something like a Protect and set it up, all hell will break loose for the opponent if they're unprepared. Flare Blitz and Close Combat are pretty good high power STABs, especially after an SD. And then Mach Punch for priority and whatnot. I went with Leftovers as an attempt go gain back HP after passive damage and Flare Blitz recoil and stuff.

Heracross @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Guts SD Heracross pairs nicely with SD Infernape because they can wallbreak together pretty decently. It's fun too. This set is on all my UU teams. It's fun tho. It's kinda like the Infernape on this team. SD, 120 Power Dual STABs. But instead of priority I got Knock Off, which removes items and hits Ghost types thinking they're just gonna switch in on a Megahorn and CC. Guts is a cool ability, and having it means that this thing doesn't really care about Will-O-Wisp. It's still slowed down by T-Wave tho, but I can still launch powerful Guts-boosted attacks if paralyzed. Leftovers for literally the same reason I have 'em on Infernape: A bit of passive recovery.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

After having 2 Flying weaknesses to start off a team, I chose Mega Aggron because it's a good answer to physical flyers, taking almost nothing from their attacks. I just went with the standard set, Rocks and stuff. Thunder Wave is cool utility for slowing things down, especially so that Heracross can outspeed 'em later. Heavy Slam because this is literally the heaviest mon in UU. Or at least I'd like to believe that. Definitely one of the heavier mons so Heavy Slam is usually gonna be pretty powerful unless I'm attacking a Snorlax, another Aggron, or a Mega Steelix. And then Earthquake because most Steel mons don't take much from Heavy Slam.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch

Fast Taunting Chesnaught is fun because it outspeeds stuff like Suicune and can ultimately prevent setup. Outspeeds a lot of other stuff too which is cool. I usually end up double, triple, or even quadruple or MAYBE EVEN QUINTUPLE Leech Seeding on stuff, I don't have Spiky Shield, Spikes, or Synthesis because I wanted to make room for Dual STABs. If we can get a tournament where mons can have 8 moveslots, this team would be so good. Anyway, Chesnaught unfortunately stacks the Flying weakness, but I still have 2 slots because this isn't Battle Spot Doubles.

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Yes, I really had to put that there. DISCLAIMER: I'm not a moderator anywhere on PS. But when we had groupchats, I was a mod in the groupchat I posted that line that ended up winning that. rap battle.

If there's one thing I will always love using, especially when paired with Fighting types, it's Pursuit Snorlax. It's really effective at trapping, because things like Chandelure and Hoopa don't have too much to hurt it with. Of course, there's always a chance I get lucked by a Fire Blast burn, but Pursuit still does decent damage. STAB Frustration, and the other attacks are just for coverage. I've been considering Facade but for now I've just left it alone and it's worked. I rarely get to send this guy out, but he's got his uses once he does come out.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic
- Defog

Defensive Salamence is cool and on this team it does some pretty nice stuff for this squad. It takes on Fighting types which is good. It also removes hazards, so if my opponent manages to get up Spikes, Mence is immune to 'em and can clear 'em for my teammates. With this set, I'm screwed against Fairies, but I can Toxic them on the switch, which will either cripple them for the match or drain a PP of Aromatherapy/Heal Bell. That's cool because throughout the match i can just drain PP. Roost is reliable recovery, and if I'm faster, for that turn I'm not as weak to Ice and resist Electric. That's basically it.

Outro/Post Team Stuff

Hydreigon. It's pretty hard for this team to switch into it. However Infernape can revenge kill it with CC if it isn't Scarf. If it is tho, it's gonna be locked into one move and I can play around that. If I'm in with Heracross, I can go to Snorlax on the Fire Blast.

Fire types. Salamence can handle most variants of Infernape, but if it dies, I'm screwed unless I keep Aggron non-mega to get Sturdy and T-Wave. Chandelure can be stopped by Snorlax and revenge killed by Heracross if it isn't Scarfed. Wait nevermind, because my Hera is Adamant. Hopefully I can Pursuit it with Snorlax then. Rotom-H is a pretty big threat too. Will-o-Wisp threatens a lot of the mons on this team (6 physical attackers was not intended LOL) and I don't have anything immune to Volt Switch.

Special Psychic types. My resist is Aggron, whose SpDef isn't too great. The next best thing I have to take 'em on is Snorlax, but he gets worn down extremely easily. I do the Aggron thing again, keep it non-mega to keep Sturdy and Paralyze em so that Hera and Ape can revenge kill. But that's either provided I don't miss Megahorn or they're in range of Leftovers Flare Blitz.

Mamoswine. It's extremely hard for this team to switch into, but thankfully I got Hera and Ape to revenge kill.

Infernape @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat

Heracross @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic
- Defog

lol are you kidding? same as always. people who dont forget to tag me in their shoutouts. that's never going to change.
and of course, me, myself, and i for building the team.

(disclaimer: i do not actually have a ps avatar of this man in a wailord costume)

Well that's literally everything. Like, comment, follow, damn I'm sounding like a YouTuber. And of course, throw out suggestions and stuff so I can improve the team.

Have a nice day.

P.S. if anyone's seen Xrn aka Xrn476 on Showdown, ask him if he's got that friend code.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Hello there. I like the concept of Fighting spam, but it is very difficult to build an efficient Fighting spam team in UU. I am not saying it's impossible, but we have a plethora of Fighting checks, and many of them come with recovery. As a result, the best way to build a Fighting spam team is to make a team that puts immense pressure on defensive teams/mons.

However, it appears as though you added 4 incredibly fat mons to resist as much as possible without really supporting the wallbreaking duo of Ape + Heracross which makes it really tough to break through fighting checks. In addition, with the way this team is built, offensive teams have a great match up. Infernape and Heracross have very little defensive utility, and you try to make up for that with the 4 fatmon defensive backbone. But, you can only cover so many threats defensively with 4 teamslots, and since you rely a lot on one mon to check a ton of threats, its easy for them to overload and break your defensive core (think Bee + Slurpuff, Mega Shark + Gatr, Aero + Kyurem, Bee + Mag (!!) and so on).

The team also has some noticeable defensive threats. The biggest threat to your team is not even on your threatlist, and that is Salamence. To be honest, I am not quite sure how you handle it, as it walls both Infernape and Heracross to hell and back, threatens Chesnaught and Aggron with Fire Blast, and Salamence with Dragon STAB. Any variant of Salamence, defensive or offensive, automatically puts you at a huge disadvantage, and you pretty much need to bank and nailing it with T-Wave to win. Fairies give you trouble with Aggron's passivity + lack of recovery. As you noted, Psychics like Slowking can switch into most of your team and spam its STABs. Reuniclus is only threatened by Heracross in which it can simply switch out.

These are just a few threats that need to be addressed. I think the best way to handle these threats is to rework the teams defensive core to make it more offensive. The first change I would make is Nasty Plot LO Ape > SD Lefties. Nasty Plot Ape OHKOs Slowking after Rocks, does a huge amount of damage to Salamence after a boost (helps Heracross break through), and deals with bulky Waters much more easily and thus prevents Heracross/Chesnaught from being worn down. Here is the set

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Vacuum Wave

I also suggest a change of Whimsicott > Chesnaught. You still get a way to damage Waters as well as a Draco switch in + you get U-Turn support for Ape + Hera. I noticed you previously had no way of bringing in either of your wallbreakers safely besides double switches, so having a U-Turner would be very beneficial. I am thinking there are two possible sets though: Tailwind/Stun Spore support Whims or Energy Ball Whims. You can use the former if you want a way for Heracross to get speed, or the latter if you would prefer having a way to nail Waters like Swampert/Gatr. If you run Energy Ball, I suggest Yache Berry to help with Mamo.

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Tailwind/Stun Spore
- U-turn
- Moonblast

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Energy Ball
- U-turn
- Moonblast

I also suggest swapping Aggron for Doublade for two reasons: 1. It can't be trapped by Magneton so you have a way of winning vs Bee + Magneton teams (I admit Mag is uncommon) and 2. You free up your Mega for a more offensive one. Doublade still fulfills similar niches as Aggron in checking Flying types, but you also get a neat Fighting + Normal immunity in the process. You do get a nasty Knock Off weakness but you have two Fighting types + Whimsicott to handle Dark types / Knock Off. You also might want to try Pursuit over Sacred Sword on Doublade because having a way to remove Beedrill and get chip damage on Bat + Aero is really nice for NP Ape to have an easier time sweeping. Here is the set:

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Now to Snorlax. AV Lax, while very fat, is easily worn down, and you even mentioned not being able to bring it out much. So maybe you could try out Custap Self-Destruct Snorlax > AV Lax. You can still keep Pursuit to trap Hoopa/Chandy, but after sponging a few hits, you can click Self-Destruct and watch something take massive damage (watch out for Doublades though). Here is the set:

Snorlax @ Custap Berry
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Self-Destruct
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

The given EV spread avoids a OHKO from Cobalion's CC as well as the 2HKO from Sceptile's Dragon Pulse + Focus Blast w/o Rocks.

So, we removed Mega-Aggron to make room for a more offensive mega. You have no Electric immunity, and as a result, you noticed a weakness to mons like Rotom-H. Fire Spam is still a threat since Lax has no recovery. A backup cleaner to Infernape would also be appreciated in case we cannot facilitate an Ape sweep. So, my last suggestion would be Mega Swampert > Salamence. I recommend a simple RD set with Jolly nature to outpace all relevant scarfers. You can try PuP over Ice Punch if you want a way to break past Suicune and other fat walls. Here is the set:

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch/Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Rain Dance

I hope (at least some) of my changes help!

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there! Fighting spam is a cool idea and all, but your team can use a bit of a do-over. The main problem I see is that your team ended up being really fat when it should've stayed on the offensive side, or balance at best. I've got some suggestions that should help this team be more efficient, but keep in mind, there's only so much you can do when two of your slots are dedicated to Infernape and Hera right off the bat.

• Firstly, I second Do A Bibarel's suggestion in turning SD Lefties Infernape into LO Nasty Plot. Infernape and Heracross are going to have issues with common checks and you want to avoid that. There's also the problem of how weak leftovers nape is, and how easy it is to wall its SD set (just about any bulky water does the job). NP Nape will take care of many of Heracross' checks and vice versa.

• There's little to no reason for Heracross to ever run Adamant. Especially with how big of a threat Mamo is, you should definitely be running a Jolly nature.

• Chesnaught isn't doing too much work for this team, as it's only a soft water check at best. A scald burn is all it takes to almost completely render it useless. Also, having three fighting types is a bit of an overkill imo and very much hinders the effectiveness of this team. I noticed you need a Draco switch in so I think Florges over Chesnaught would be a nice adjustment for this team. This would provide you with a nice Fairy-Dragon-Steel core as well as the best cleric in the tier for what seems like is going to be a balance team. Whether you want to run the wish set or CM set is up to you, as I think both would have their moments with this team. Wish would work well especially with Aggron and Heracross (helps with the bulky water issue), while the CM set would be best in order to keep as much of an offensive presence. Experiment and see what you like!

• I don't find Snorlax to be a very nice fit to the team either. It also overkills on the bulk your team has. MAggron, Florges, and Salamence provide you with a good amount of overall bulk and utility, and grant you switch ins to a plethora of threats (Though, the nidos come to mind here). You also need an electric immunity so that Volturn cores don't just wear you down with momentum. I think you should replace Snorlax with either Mamoswine or Scarfed Krookodile. Mamoswine provides you with a great offensive answer to Mence, priority, and also just shits on the tier in general. Scarfed Krook could help with the issue of having a relatively slow team, taking over Snorlax's role as a pursuit trapper, and gives you another cleaner/sweeper thanks to having access to Moxie. Choosing Krook would mean you're more vulnerable to something like DD+Fire Blast Salamence (would be threatening enough even with Mamoswine), but believe me when I tell you that set is way more uncommon than it should be. I've actually never seen it in action myself.

• Salamence is just really passive with its moveset and EV spread. I recommend changing it to the LO Special Attacker/Defog set. You really do want to maintain as much of an offensive presence with this as possible, and I think this change will do just that.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

or

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Pursuit
- Superpower / Pursuit

or

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Other Options:

• Porygon2 > Chesnaught instead of Florges > Chesnaught. This would provide you with a switch in to the Nidos, as well as a solid counter to Salamence while still being a Draco switch in (bar taunt/roost or specs Hydreigon). However, this comes at the cost of giving up either a good chunk of offensive presence or wish support from Florges.

• Toxicroak > Heracross. Simply for a quickfix on that bulky water issue you have. You still stay with that SD fighting spam, just with different coverage. You also gain priority with Sucker Punch!

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Ice Beam / Foul Play

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

I hope you take my suggestions into consideration. Good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)