SwSh Battle Facilities Discussion & Records

Hello all! After what I would consider a fortunate run, I have a Normal Restrictive Sparring streak of 106 . The squad was Heliolisk/Braviary/Chansey.

View attachment 385386

Heliolisk @ Life Orb

Level: 50

Ability: Dry Skin

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def/ 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Rising Voltage

- Parabolic Charge

- Hyper Beam

- Grass Knot

This thing’s speed and Life Orb-granted power are great. sb879 mentions :heliolisk: in this post, and Eisenherz used to great effect in this streak. Speed ties Salazzle; not a risk I’ll take with it in the lead, but it makes it less of a nuisance if it come out in the back. Both sb879 and Eisenherz do a thorough job of talking about this mon in their posts, so I’ll just explain Hyper Beam and Grass Knot.

Hyper Beam

I’ve run both Hyper Voice and Dragon Pulse here, but the drawbacks of both have come back to haunt me in prior attempts. Among other things, :luxray: (in E. Terrain) and :kommo-o: suck hard for the backline; :dedenne: and its Super Fang aren’t fun, either. Hyper Beam is only way to guarantee a OHKO on all of these Pokemon. This is probably already documented elsewhere, but the AI seems to prioritize either super effective moves or the hardest possible hits when choosing its second mon, making :kommo-o: especially bad. I’ve had it use Clangorous Soul instead of Close Combat against a Dynamaxed :heliolisk:, which is no bueno. The 75% KO chance against :abomasnow: with Hyper Beam is also clutch, if a bit risky. Finally, it doesn’t change in power post-Dynamax, which has come into play against :luxray: in previous attempts. The 8 PP is fine if you only use Hyper Beam/Max Strike as a last-ditch effort. I almost never us it on a last mon Grass type, for example.

Grass Knot

I started with Grass Knot, ran Surf for a while, then swapped back after a… fair number of battles. Surf makes passive sustain easier than Grass Knot; you only lose 2 net HP per battle if you get Rain up turn one and win in three turns, assuming you don’t take hits and don’t have the weather changed or nullified. However, Grass Knot has a few juicy targets. Here’s a rundown of the differences; "HB" means also taken out by Hyper Beam, "ET RV" means also taken out by Rising Voltage if Electric Terrain is up. I’m not including anything taken out by an unboosted Max Lightning.

Max Overgrowth deals with :seaking:, :lanturn:, :palossand:, :seismitoad:, :quagsire:, :whiscash: (HB)

Max Geyser has :coalossal: (ET RV):, :volcarona: (HB/ET RV), :galvantula: (HB/ET RV), and :steelix: (but only if non-Sturdy; not an advisable gamble)

:quagsire: is rough to manage with the backline; Yawn + Power-Up Punch + Unaware is not a good time. It’s also a common second Pokemon due to Earthquake hitting :heliolisk: hard. It’s possible to OHKO :quagsire: outside Dynamax with Grass Knot, but that never came into play. :seismitoad: is kind of clutch because you can force a Surf with the backline, heal :heliolisk:, then KO outside Dynamax. Not triggering Swift Swim on :kingdra: and :beartic: is also nice; I’ve had both of them end streaks while running Surf.

Coalossal is the only iffy one lost, but not unmanageable by the backline. No matter what you run, Endure is still a pain. :magneton: and :magnezone: are also hit harder by Surf/Geyser, but :chansey: does fine against them.

Braviary @ Leftovers

Ability: Defiant

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Att / 132 Def/ 4 SpD / 116 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Fly

- Shadow Claw

- Bulk Up

- Rest

sb879 mentions the potential of :braviary: as backline mon, and I enjoyed using it quite a bit. Without support, it can set up on stuff :heliolisk: doesn’t like (or things that would waste Hyper Beam PP), such as Grass types (except :abomasnow:), :centiskorch:, :goodra:, Quick Claw :sandaconda:, and bulky Normals like :kangaskhan: and :bouffalant:. With Confide support from :chansey:, it can set up on some bulky Faires and Psychics too, if it can avoid crits. In most cases, it handles Body Press users and :scrafty: OK.

I don’t remember if the 4 EVs Attack do anything, or if it was a holdover from when I was running more Special Defense. Otherwise, I used the EVs to hit 126 speed (outspeeds Flapple, Mr. Rime, and Butterfree), maximize HP, and add physical bulk. Fly has good power and PP (24) without causing recoil. Fly also has the fringe benefit of netting a turn of Leftovers recovery if used outside Dynamax. Shadow Claw (24 PP) hits all of Flying’s resists (Rock, Steel, and Electric) neutrally; I believe Bisharp and Morpeko are the only RS resists between these two moves, and the latter is OHKOed by +3 Max Airstream. Defense drops from Phantasm are great, both to soften Pokemon for 2HKOs and to reduce Body Press damage. Rest is the healing move for when Leftovers aren’t keeping up. The way I play :braviary:, it gets statused a lot, so Roost wasn’t going to work in this case. :braviary: also needs to maintain its Body Press neutrality, and it really likes having Bug and Grass resists. Plus, being able to go from 20 HP to full is clutch.

The typical :braviary: strategy is to get to +3 Attack and make sure you use at least one Airstream on the Pokemon you set up on. If those boosts come from Defiant boosts so you’re not using Bulk Up PP, even better. Once you get to that stage, you OHKO 87% of the RS roster in Dynamax, and you outspeed everything except for :barraskewda: and :accelgor:. Because :braviary: has to tank a fair number of physical attacks and the occasional crit, the extra speed to outpace :barraskewda: is not worth the drop in bulk. Bulk Up PP and Fly PP are both precious; if you can kill (or even two-shot) a second or third mon with Max Phantasm or Shadow Claw, generally do it. Rest is usually my burner PP if I need a Max Guard or if I’m at full and don’t want to use attacking PP on a wake-up turn; Leftovers do a pretty good job of maintaining health.

Chansey @ Eviolite

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

IVs: 0 Att, 20 Spe

Impish Nature

- Seismic Toss

- Confide

- Charm

- Rest

Let just say it took me… a while… to land on :chansey: for this slot. I’ll just do a brief-ish synopsis of the predecessors I tried for more than one run

:audino: @ Lum Berry/Rocky Helmet; Flamethrower/Wish/Protect/Toxic OR Light Screen

I thought I needed wish support for a Life Orb user. It ended up eating a lot of status, hence the Lum Berry at one point. Regenerator + Rocky Helmet slaps. Flamethrower was for :weavile: and :ribombee:. Light Screen made me realize that supporting :braviary: with Special Attack drops was a pretty good strategy. .

:porygon2: @ Eviolite; Shadow Ball OR Toxic/Conversion/Eerie Impulse/Recover

A bit of a gimmick, but it was quite good at not dying to Body Press and :scrafty: if it survived the initial hit! Trace was also clutch; it allows me to scout things like :skarmory: and nab a heal with :heliolisk:. Toxic couldn’t directly handle :steelix:, but with Conversion it could proc a Dig and allow :braviary: to come in. In the end, its downfalls were not enough PP, susceptibility to Crits + status, and no way to lower the impact of physical moves beyond changing type. .

:type null: @ Eviolite; Iron Defense/Confide/Rest/Flame Charge OR Swift

Crit immunity from Battle Armor combined with Eviolite-bolstered bulk is a hell of a drug cocktail. With enough initial health, Iron Defense virtually neutralizes Body Press. Both Flame Charge and Swift have 32 PP, which is pretty good. The former has a handy speed boost effect and hits :weavile:/:magneton:/:magnezone:/:ribombee: harder, while the latter does better against :crustle: and :steelix:, among other things. The problem? Rest and no Leftovers combined with low damage output. Rest requires the use of one PP to wake up, and especially against Body Press users :type null: just has sit there and take hits while chipping away at the opponent. That being said, I did hit mid-80s with a Flame Charge build alongside a Surf + Dragon Pulse :heliolisk:; might have hit 100 that time had I not let :heliolisk: drop to a Grass Glide off :tangrowth: that I though was going to be a Grassy Terrain.

:audino: @ Rocky Helmet; Knock Off/Confide/Baby-doll Eyes/Rest

Oh hey it’s :audino: again! I was getting sick of :type null: burning through all of its PP just trying to stay alive and do damage, so back to Regenerator! This iteration never did as well as my :type null: streak but I tried anyway. :audino:’s base stats are just kind of trash; NFE Pokemon like :piloswine: and :doublade: have better BSTs. Base 103 HP/86 Def/86 SpD bulk is only a touch better than :braviary:. Even with max SpDef investment stuff like crit :beheeyem: Psychics and :vanilluxe: Ice Beams were ending streaks. Fun fact; :audino: does not learn Charm. Which, fair; it’s not cute.

Tldr; I needed something that could keep up PP-wise, not die to crit special attacks, handle status, and heal to full without burning through a ton of Rest (or other recovery) PP. Enter :chansey:.

The special wall to :braviary:’s physical tank. Seismic Toss is pretty great; it’s a 3 to 5HKO on almost all the non-Ghost types, and its damage output can’t be reduced by dumb stuff like Moonblast or Charm. Eviolite :chansey:’s ability to take special hits is still stellar even with only HP investment; it takes 24% max from a crit :ribombee: Moonblast. Confide allows :chansey: to take special hits even better, and can provide :braviary: with new, though sometimes risky, setup opportunities against certain Pokemon. Light Screen has more PP, but it’s temporary and can only hit the equivalent of -2 SpA. Even though :chansey:’s goal is primarily to be a special wall, I have max physical bulk + Charm to make stuff like :lickilicky: and :dusknoir: much more manageable. Yes, a Bold naturue would be marginally better for the lower Attack stat, but I got Impish when breeding didn’t feel like burning the Mint. Rest is good for full heals and staying in even if you get Poisioned or Burned. Natural Cure also means you can swap out after Rest. This synergy preserves PP by avoiding wakeup turns, conserves your replenished HP by not taking hits, and it can let :heliolisk: eat a water move or :braviary: deal with a debuffed opponent. The 20 Speed IV lets it underspeed :exeggutor: and :porygon2: (allowing for stalling while they flip flop Trick Room) while still getting the jump on :magnezone: outside Trick Room.

Eisenherz already went through some of the funny anti-threats to a :heliolisk:-led team, so I’ll just do threats for my team.

:barraskewda:
Crit Drill Run comes close to OHKOing Dynamaxed :heliolisk: from full. If :heliolisk: is already Dynamaxed, you can hope it chooses Acupressure (it sometimes does if you have enough health) or swap to :braviary:, use a Bulk Up, and Fly. Freezes, flinches, crits, misses, and Acupressure boosts are all concerning. If it’s a lead, :braviary: is the safest option.

:weavile:
This thing is awful. Best strategy is usually to hope :braviary: is boosted, or hope it Taunts :heliolisk:. :weavile: is faster than :heliolisk:, and Night Slash does up to 58% to Dynamaxed :heliolisk:. I’ve never done :chansey: vs :weavile:, but :chansey: takes up to 35% on a crit, and 3HKOs, leaving it at low health and likely stuck with Taunt. :braviary: can’t OHKO with Fly and it can’t boost because of Taunt. Pressure makes everything worse, especially in the back line where Fly PP are precious, or you're burning through 6 Seismic Toss PP.

:boltund:
Not a bad lead (:chansey: deals), but stress-inducing in the back if :heliolisk: is out. Faster than :heliolisk:, and Strong Jaw Fire Fang or Crunch hurts :heliolisk: a lot. If it didn’t use Electrify most of the time it would be truly terrifying. Having Electric Terrain up against this thing is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, Electrify becomes useless for :boltund:, because Rising Voltage/Max Lightning off anything but Parabolic Charge is a OHKO on :boltund:. However, if :heliolisk: is low on health and needs to swap out, it gives :boltund: extra juice to hit :chansey: with, and Rest is disabled until the terrain is gone.

:skarmory:
Honestly not too bad as far as Sturdy Body Pressers go, but it deserves a mention. It’ll often go for Spikes if :heliolisk: is close to full and Dynamaxed. Otherwise, if :braviary: is in decent shape, it sets up pretty handily on :skarmory:, especially if Dynamax is available.

:malamar:
Quick Claw Superpower + possible Contrary. Kind of BS.

:abomasnow:
Hits everything hard, can chip my mons with Hail, and it has Ice Shard pick off a weakened :braviary: or :heliolisk:. At one point, I had :braviary: EVed to have a ratio of Attack to Defense that let it always OHKO with Fly after Wood Hammer recoil. Nowadays, I usually take the 75% OHKO chance with Max Strike.

:scrafty:
If Electric Terrain is up, Rising Voltage KOs. If not, :braviary: needs to switch in and get to +1 and hit with Fly. Swagger can complicate the whole :braviary: thing. I never do more than one Bulk Up against this thing because of Swagger.

:crustle:
Max Lightning will OHKO if it’s not Sturdy; if :heliolisk: is at or near full, or already Maxed, I tend to go for it and hope for the best. Otherwise, :braviary: has to get lucky with Iron Defenses while contending with Sandstorm nullifying its Leftovers.

:steelix:
Not sure if this or :gigalith: is worse, probably :steelix:? :heliolisk: cannot stay in. :braviary: can set up if it’s near full health and can avoid crits before it has boosted; a single crit is OK between Rests if you’re around +3 Def. If there are still Dynamax turns and :braviary: hasn’t set up, in an ideal world :braviary: should boos to+4 then do Max Phantasm into Max Airstream. However, crits are scary, so earlier Dynamaxing is sometimes required. If there's no Dynamax, use Bulk Up, chip with Shadow Claw, and Rest as needed.

:gigalith:
Not only is it a member of Sturdy Body Press gang, :gigalith: sucks extra hard because it also gets Sand Stream to boost its special defense and whittle down the back line. Meteor Beam annihilates :braviary:. I usually just tank the Body Press if :heliolisk: has enough health; it has the weakest Body Press of any of the Sturdy Body Press Gang. Otherwise you have to burn Fly PP dodging Meteor Beam, or Seismic Toss with :chansey: while taking quite a bit of damage. Even if :braviary: is set up, it has to burn a turn of Dynamax with Max Guard to avoid the Power Herb Meteor Beam.

Before I start out, I just want to say I got lucky in terms of my encounters with the Sturdy Body Press Gang :steelix: :gigalith: :crustle: :skarmory:. I only remember encountering 6 during the whole run, and two confirmed didn’t have Sturdy.

Leg 1: 38 battles.

Pretty clean and efficient leg. At the end of Battle 38, the only PP :heliolisk: had were 8 Grass Knot PP. :braviary: had 1-2 battles left. :heliolisk: took out a Sand Force :gigalith: and a non-Sturdy :skarmory: without taking a Body Press.

Leg 2: 67 cumulative; 29 battles

Things were a bit hairier here. I leaned hard on :chansey: and it got down to 2 Rest PP by the mid 50s. :heliolisk: took out 3 :weavile: :weavile: :weavile:, each of which used Taunt. After hitting a :dusknoir: with two Charms from :chansey:, I swapped in :braviary: to set up but got frozen after one or two Bulk Up boosts. It worked out (thawed with no crits!) but still scary. Somewhere in the 60s I passed up a second mon :cramorant: for healing on :heliolisk: (:braviary: must have been at full). I actually had to end the leg because :heliolisk: was almost dead. :chansey: was around half and only had one Rest PP. Good thing the first leg went so well! My encounters with the Sturdy Body Press Gang again included :skarmory: and :gigalith:. :skarmory: was a lead, and I set up on it with :braviary:. It wasn’t Weak Armor, so I might have saved :heliolisk:. A Gigalith came out on turn 2 of a :braviary: Dynamax, but Guard + Phantasm + Shadow Claw dealt with it (:braviary: was at +3 Att).

Leg 3: 106 cumulative; 39 battles.

How I survived this leg is anyone’s guess; I should have had my mons taken out or heavily dented so many times. The worst battle was 87, the only :steelix: I saw and it was a lead. :braviary: was at 2/3 HP. I swapped in the :braviary: and went straight for the Dynamax, debuffing the heck out of that thing’s defense and preventing Heavy Slams; three Phantasms and a Shadow Claw did it, but I was at about ¼ health at the end. Rested against the incoming :kangaskhan:, took 1/3 health in damage, swapped to :chansey:, debuffed with Charm (no crits!) and got :braviary: awake, healed up, and set up, again avoiding crits.

Other notable experiences: Finally had a :crustle: this leg. It came out after I’d Parabolic Charged a :mantine:, and then :braviary: dealt with it after setting up a bit (Dynamax was available). On a different battle, had a :rhyperior: go for a Breaking Swipe into a pretty healthy +3 Att/ +1 Def Dynamaxed :braviary: (though I guess Rock Wrecker would have only done 58% tops without a crit). Had a couple scary :boltund: experiences where they could have hit me hard instead of using Electrify. In one, :boltund: used Electrify again a not-too-healthy Dynamaxed :heliolisk: after Terrain was already up; Max Lightning KOed. In another I had to switch out :heliolisk: in Electric Terrain due to a second mon Blissey. I should have used :chansey: as an intermediate to stall terrain but went straight to :braviary: for a Fly. After the Fly :boltund: comes out and uses Electrify as I switch to :chansey:. Apparently even in terrain, Wild Charge only tops out at 91% against unboosted :braviary:. Battle 97 I had a :scrafty: target a Dynamaxed :heliolisk: with Swagger; very odd. I swapped in :braviary: and luckily the Swagger missed. I got a Bulk Up + Fly off and things were great.

Last battle was just a crash and burn due to lack of PP. Burned my last Seismic Toss, Bulk Up and Fly PP on a :porygon2:, in came a ghost-immue :lopunny:. I was Dynamaxed with :braviary:, so I Hyper Beamed with :heliolisk: (last PP; only had one electric PP in Parabolic Charge), got wrecked by :beheyeem:. :braviary: only got a few Shadow Claws off before going down, and like heck if :chansey:’s Struggles would have taken it out. Might have been able to get the win if I’d let :chansey: go down before attacking with :braviary:, but I didn’t.

And now that’s all the types over 100 before the DP remakes! sb879, your Ice run was wild; I really enjoyed your writeup!
Amazing work!

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I feel like I'm trying to steal the 106 Normal streak's thunder (Pun not intended but it works with Heliolisk.) by posting so soon after it, but I've been meaning to do this write up longer than it took to get this Rock streak. That sounds like that'd mean something because, as I probably don't need to say because of how much I've said it before, I use Status Moves Only, but it somehow only took 4 Days. Anyway, if you didn't see it because it's at the bottom of the page, you should check out. Congrats to CuneH8sVappy on bringing the final type to 100 Wins. I remember thinking getting over 50 wins was unbelievable and now there's 100 in every type! This community is insane.

Fun Fact: The AI isn't restricted by the Species Clause in Restricted Sparring. I had an opponent use Lycanroc-Night then send out Lycanroc-Day right after the first one fainted! Does that count as the AI cheating? They aren't restricted to one type, but it's breaking the one clause that's almost a sacred rule.

I got 13 Wins in Electric and I still feel like I could do better! My goal was 12 wins to beat my Fighting team but now I feel like 15 is possible. Someone with more knowledge and skill might even be able to get 20!
I'm pretty reckless at the beginning of streaks and after losing enough times, I switched Raichu to Iron Defense/Confide/Recycle/Rest Magnezone so I'd have a better chance of getting streaks that wouldn't end to Crits in the first 3 "Battles." Magnezone is so much better and I was able to get a leg of 8 with Magnezone caring almost all of the team's weight. The only reason it didn't last longer was "Battle" 9 started with Weavile. That thing knows Taunt and will use it whenever you try to do anything. That with the power 3HKO everything means Weavile is an instant streak ender, no matter what team I'm using.

I don't take losing well when I know I can do better or it's very punishing, so I had to say the try I was doing would be my last until I finish Rock and that try looked like it could hit 15. After 2 Legs of 5, "Battle" 11 started with Dusknoir. I kept Magnezone in even though a Critical Fire Punch would KO because I'd never lost to Dusknoir before... and I got Crited... and Toxicitry got OHKOed because I forgot that Luxray knows Psychic Fangs. On the bright side, Raichu gets to keep all the glory of being in my best Electric streak.

By coincidence, my Rock Team is only Pokemon from the Hoenn Dex. Kind of suitable that I did that for at least one team because Emerald was my first game. It's also two aquatic Pokemon and a Blue Eyed Lunatone and the Moon is sometimes tied to Water in the same way the Sun is tied to Fire, which is also kind of suitable because of how many Water types this team laughs at and how scared of Grass Types it can be. Flapple is pretty much game over if it comes out when Lunatone hasn't used Cosmic Power.

:Lunatone: :Leppa Berry:
Shiny Lunatone @ Leppa Berry
Levitate
Calm 252 HP/228 Def/28 Spe
- Recycle
- Cosmic Power
- Toxic
- Rest
(You can skip this paragraph. It's just shameless bragging.) This Lunatone is a Living Legend and I'm not just saying that because its ribbon says so. Its Pokeball alone makes it awesome, a Safari Ball. It was caught in Johto's Safari Zone! I used it for the second half of my Soul Silver playthrough as a "setup "sweeper"" with Cosmic Power and Toxic. (I would've used Sandstrom instead because of Toxic Spikes, but I had Tyranitar's Sand Stream for an infinite Sandstorm.) With Gravity to make Spikes and Toxic Spikes affect Flying types, this Lunatone helped KO Red's Charizard in One Turn with Status Moves Only. Oh, and it's a Square Sparkle Shiny. (That's a 1 in 8 Chance for Shinies transferred from Gens 3 to 5.)

I don't need to go over the Leppa Berry and Recycle being infinite PP again, but I'd like to mention that it's the first move this time because the first move gets its PP restored if multiple moves run out. I found that out after checking what would happen if a move had 0 PP when a "battle" starts and the Pokemon had an uneaten Leppa Berry because an Unnerve Vespiquen made me think I'd run out of PP when I was trying Magnezone in Electric.

Cosmic Power boosting both Defenses frees up a moveslot and it's hard to go wrong with Toxic. An "offensive" move can end set up Pokemon before they can become threats, take down Pokemon that could KO through +6 Defenses with a Crit, or save some HP by using it on opponents that are down to a do nothing move before they can attack again with Struggle. Even though it's tempting to go for a quick "battle" it's sometimes better to do nothing instead of something so you can stall until a do nothing move and heal the rest of the team by switching between them. You'll have plenty of time to set up Cosmic Power again anyway.

I used Rest instead of Moonlight because status problems can easily be lethal when trying to endure forever, Cosmic Power helps tons with enduring 3 turns, and the odds of 2 Crits happening while asleep are pretty low. That said, it will happen eventually and I'll get pissed off when it happens. It also makes Ice Beam much less scary because Spamming Rest means always being Asleep, which means you can't get Frozen.

The Spe EVs are to outspeed Magneton, Kangaskhan, Gyrados, Milotic, and Orbeetle before Trick Room. Turns out Milotic isn't worth outspeeding because of nearly OHKOing with Crits and Gyrados's Scald won't let Lunatone come back after Taunt, so a spread of 252 HP/236 Def/4 SpD/12 Spe would probably be better. The SpD EVs are so Porygon's Download boosts Atk instead of SpA. (If you want to try his moveset with an attack instead of Toxic, screw you for messing with perfection there's 4 leftovers EVs that can be put into SpA. They wouldn't do anything in any other stats.)

:Cradily: :Leftovers:
Craydily @ Leftovers
Storm Drain
Calm 252 HP/212 Def/44 SpD
- Confide
- Tickle
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
Cradily wasn't just chosen for Storm Drain and its Grass neutrality. Honestly, I was looking at Tyantrum or maybe Carbink for Charm because it's almost needed to endure powerful Physical attackers. I thought I'd have to use one of them because almost no Rock types can lower Atk, but that changed when I realized I'd missed Tickle. (Tickle is even better than Growl because of Body Press and Outrage's confusion.) Lileep with Eviolite is bulkier than Cradily and Leech Seed can be used for healing, or so I though until I double checked and found out that Leech Seed can only be learned after evolution. I'm glad I wasn't able to try Lileep because healing without having to use Leech Seed is way too good and there's a funny problem with Leech Seed. Part of the reason I use it is it affects Pokemon that aren't affected by Sandstorm or Toxic, but Cradily is my best answer to Grass types. It's a bearable problem though because Corsola can easily endure -6 Grass attacks. Turns out x4 damage isn't a ton when it's also 1/4 power.

Storm Drain was way more useful than Tickle and Confide, but it has a downside. It raises Special Attack. Still, immunities are awesome, especially ones to major weaknesses. Tyantrum couldn't hope to hold a candle to Cradily even if Cradily couldn't learn Tickle. Suction Cups is a way way less useful Ability but may be worth looking at just to not get Storm Drain's SpA boosts. :P

Synthesis was used instead of Rest because I wanted to try it before deleting a transfer only move. It's not bad for a Pokemon that isn't the front line and it didn't run out of PP because of Leech Seed's healing, but it could easily run out and Rest also heals burns.

:Corsola: :Rocky Helmet:
Corsola @ Rocky Helmet
Regenerator
Bold 252 HP/172 Def/84 SpD
- Confide
- Toxic
- Sandstorm
- Recover
Nihilego would've been a pretty good last Pokemon because Poison types can use Black Sludge as a second Leftovers, but Regenerator makes Leftovers look like a joke. I barely used Recover because switching was almost the same thing.

Sandstorm and Toxic is overkill, but I didn't know what else to teach. I didn't consider Reflect much before trying Rotom in Electric and I didn't think about double checking Corsola's movepool for it until I was writing this. Oops... At least Sandstorm is like Light Screen because it raises the SpD of Rock types. Toxic is the first choice for "offense" because it's faster and only needs 1 PP instead of 4 or 5. Sandstorm was used a few times to speed things up, but Reflect would've been so much better. I even wished Corsola could learn Reflect a few times, which again, I found out it does after this streak... Reminder: The N in my name stands for Noob. (Actually, can I still say that after this streak? I think anyone that can get 10 wins is pretty good and I got way better than just 10 with just Status Moves.)

There weren't many item choices for Corsola. Almost every other defensive item was one use, situational and/or luck based, or the SpD boosting Assault Vest that lives up to its first three letters. Bright Powder is one of the better options from a purely defensive standpoint, but the Rocky Helmet was an "offensive" option that stopped some Physical attackers from stopping me. The Rocky Helmet is almost an attack, but it's their fault for touching Corsola. It may be kind of my fault they got hurt, but it's mostly their fault. Don't they know how spiky coral can be? And don't get me started on the poisonous types of coral... Actually, please do. I like talking about Toxic. >:D

I said this team laughs at Water types earlier and it's easy to see how. Cradily can switch into Water attacks, Corsola can switch into and heal from Ice attacks, and Lunatone can take Ground attacks from the Water types that also have Ground attacks.

Legs 1 and 2 lasted for 4 "Battles" before I had to heal but Leg 3 was a bit better. Here's my thought after each "battle" in the last leg.

9: Scorching Sands Burn... This leg won't last long. -_-
10: Just one more to go, but my hopes are kind of low after the burn.
11: Tied with Fighting. That could be good enough, but I want to beat it.
12: Fighting is back on the bottom. >:)
13: Rock is tied with Electric!
14: Wow, this keeps going.
15: This is way better than I'd ever expect. How hasn't a Grassy type KOed me yet though? I'm not complaining though, I... wait...
I'm going to keep going with Status Moves Only for at least 5 in every type. I will dominate the bottom of the Leader Board!
Uh... *checks leader board* Oh, well, that's an unexpected problem. I'm not last! So... Should I try to say this streak is worse because it has Post Crown Tundra Pokemon and that one was before the Crown Tundra or ask for them to beat me?

16: A leg of 8?! This makes Magnezone feel almost kind of pathetic for not doing better. Stupid Weavile...
17: It just keeps going... 0_o
18: ...
19: Can... Can I get 20?

I take screenshots when the streak starts looking good or when there's tough opponents, so I don't have much from the first leg and I don't remember everything and am piecing together everything from the screenshots. the first "battle" usually isn't worth talking about I can reset if I'm not doing really good after it without losing much progress, or any progress if the lead isn't very good.

I didn't face it in this streak, but Tentacruel :Tentacruel: is one of the few Water types that threaten this team. Sword Dance and a Toxic immunity means doing nothing is not an option. Liquid Ooze punishes Leech Seed by making it harm instead of heal and even without it Corsola will more damage than Regenerator can heal from +6 Cross Poison when switching between her and Cradily. The Rocky Helmet is why Tentacruel is beatable, but Corsola will be hurting afterward.

"Battle" 4 started with Skarmory. :Skarmory: There's no good plan, so I went with Cosmic Power twice, Rest, Dynamaxing to tank hits better while asleep, then spamming Cosmic Power and Rest. Steel Wing raising Def was an "Oh crap" moment, but Lunatone endured through everything. The second Pokemon, Krookodile, :Krookodile: made me switch because of Power Trip being making them even more terrifying than other Pokemon with set up moves. I don't remember what happened with the last Pokemon, but Lunatone had 12 HP left against Comfey :Comfey: in one screenshot and Comfey was using Giga Drain in the next. -_- I'm not sure if I was overconfident in Cosmic Power, forgot about Triage giving Giga Drain priority, or desperate enough for Rest to try it even though there was no chance of using it before getting KOed... All of the above? Sometimes mistakes like that make me think my biggest obstacle is me.

First Heal used.

I faced a Lickilicky :Lickilicky: lead in "Battle" 5 and it felt so good to use Toxic before it could use Rollout. The other Pokemon, Appletun :Appletun: and Accelgor, :Accelgor: would've been a terrible leads to face, but Lickilicky's Defense Curl spam and easily shrugged off Body Slam let Lunatone use enough Cosmic Powers to use Toxic and endure anything other than Crits. Thankfully, no Crits happened.

"Battle" 6's Rhyperior :Rhyperior: didn't have anything Super Effective, but its Base 140 Atk made me switch to Cradily for Leech Seed and Tickle anyway. I thought it was safe to bring Lunatone back against Vespiquen :Vespiquen: because she's weak, but a few turns later, she U-Turned into Tangrowth. :Tangrowth: I'd be worried if she hadn't let me use Cosmic Power or I didn't have Toxic.

"Battle" 7's Dusknoir :Dusknoir: has Super Effective moves against my entire team, but they're easy to switch around and they're all Punching moves. Switch to Corsola, Cradily for Thunder Punch, then Corsola again for Ice Punch. Slurpuff's :Slurpuff: only attack is Misty Explosion, (lol) so I didn't take it seriously. The last Pokemon, Coalossal, :Coalossal: was tanked easily by Lunatone and Tar Shot's PP let me heal the rest of the team by switching.

"Battle" 8 started with Politoed. :Politoed: I switched to Cradily for Confide then back to Lunatone when Perish Song was ending. Vileplume :Vileplume: came out next and I was happy as I could be to see a Grass/Poison type with Corrosive Gas, which was very happy. Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. Lunatone outspeeds it and had 1 PP left in Cosmic Power in case of item removing moves. Vileplume's Giga Drain is easily endurable and Moonblast and Strength Sap let Lunatones stats go to -6/+6/-6/+6/+0. Absolute perfection. Clawitzer :Clawitzer: was last. That would suck if I didn't have 6 Cosmic Powers and Toxic, but I do, so-

Critical Hit!

Well, that sucks. Second Heal used.

The first Pokemon after the heal wasn't a very nice sight, Porygon-Z. :Porygon-Z: I used Corsola's Sandstorm and Cradily's Leech Seed to take it down quick and take its Shadow Balls easier. In hindsight, I may have overreacted. It spammed Conversion. I knew it liked doing that, but not to the point of barely attacking. The second Pokemon was just as scary as I thought it'd be, Palossand. :Palossand: Poltergeist made me pretty unwilling to switch to Lunatone when they hadn't eaten the berry, especially when Palossand also knows Energy Ball. I kept Cradily in and used Leech Seed. After Poltergeist's 5 PP, they used Scorching Sands and the worse case scenario happened, a Burn. I thought that he was crippled to the point of being unreliable because of having Leftovers canceled out, but I think I was a little wrong about that. I didn't take a screenshot of the last Pokemon, but that means it wasn't scary enough to remind me to take a pic.

"Battle" 10 should've been uneventful because the Bouffalant :Bouffalant: lead couldn't do anything to Lunatone, Milotic :Milotic: could be taken care of by switching between Cradily and Corsola, and the last Pokemon was another I forgot to take a pic of. For some reason, I kept Lunatone in instead even though Surf Crit would be almost a OHKO. A Crit happened right after Rest and I had to Dynamax just to endure until they woke up. I thought I was safe to stay in more because what's the odds of two Crits? Turns out, high enough. Another Crit right after a Rest... After that, I was forced to do the safe common sense strat of switching. Corsola got frozen at one point, so I kept her in to try to thaw and use Confide. When she did, I found out Milotic had Competitive... I'd forgotten about that. So glad it was weak enough to not matter.

The "Battle" that would make Rock tie with Fighting started with a Vanilluxe :Vanilluxe: with Snow Warning. I switched to Corsola for Sandstorm and Confide because of Flash Cannon being Super Effective before using Cosmic Power, but Corsola got frozen by Ice Beam. That lasted one turn, but Lunatone also got frozen when I switched to them. That also lasted one turn. Whiscash's :Whiscash: Dragon Dance both made it a massive threat and almost a joke because it would spend time setting up and Dynamaxing lets me block two attacks. That meant I only had to take two or three hits. Gyarados :Gyarados: is extremely annoying. It knows and will use Taunt. I can switch between Craydily and Corsola, but I tried using a move between switches a lot but Gyarados kept on using Taunt. The good news is it doesn't use Taunt every time, so I was able to use Toxic eventually.

The 12th "Battle" was less tricky. Greedent, :Greedent: unlike most Pokemon with Thief, can use its item. It needs a turn and Cosmic Power had 1 PP, so it wasn't a problem. Bisharp :Bisharp: was even less of a problem. Its main "threat" comes from Torment, but Dynamaxing can end that after Bisharp faints. Brick Break isn't that strong, Slash Crits more often but it's a Normal Attack, and It's really hard to use enough sarcasm to give Sucker Punch "justice" against me. Kommo-o :Kommo-o: hits very hard with Close Combat, even after 6 Cosmic Powers, but I was able Toxic before Rest. I Dynamaxed for double HP and it used use Clangorous Soul twice. It didn't have enough HP the second time. Sadly, that's not the most pathetic use of Clangorous Soul I've seen. That dishonor goes to the Kommo-o that used it 3 times in a row against Rotom and got KOed by Will-O-Wisp before it could attack.

13, the one that would tie with my Electric team's current record started with Skuntank. :Skuntank: It's very predictable and easy to deal with, but it causes problems. Corrosive Gas meant I had to switch to Corsola, but it loves to use Memento afterward so Stuntank wasn't there for long. I switched back to Lunatone when it was KOing itself. Pikachu :Pikachu: isn't something Lunatone can set up Cosmic Power on because of the purposefully "would be overpowered if it wasn't just for Pikachu" Light Ball. I took it down fast with Craydily's Leech Seed, Corsola's Rocky Helmet when taking Play Roughs, and Volt Tackle's recoil when I was switching back to Craydily. Pelipper :Pelipper:is a mix between a relief because of low power and only knowing Hurricane and Spit Up and tension because Spit Up has 300 Power after 3 Stockpiles. Craydily was down to 26 HP in one screenshot, but he was able to heal after they ran out of Stockpiles with Leech Seed and one Synthesis.

14 was practically free. Drampa :Drampa: let Lunatone use Cosmic Power, Accelgor :Accelgor: came back but couldn't Crit before Toxic's take down, and Obstagoon :Obstagoon: only has 5 PP in attacks.

Druddigon :Druddigon: is pathetic but it knows Taunt. Its best attack is Dragon Tail, so I switched to Corsola after getting Taunted for the Rocky Helmet.
Runerigus:Runerigus: is a Special Attacker even though it swapped its counterpart's Atk and SpA to make it a better Physical Attacker and it knows Dark Pulse instead of Shadow Ball... The sad thing is it's still a pretty big threat because of Night Shade. I couldn't switch to Lunatone because I'm pretty sure they'd get KOed. Leech Seed and switching between Craydily and Corsola managed to win yet again, but I had to use a Synthesis. Cloyster is scary, but it would be terrifying if it didn't think Icicle Spear and Rock Blast really were only 25 Power or if it liked using Shell Smash more than once.:Cloyster: I used a status move on it (I think Leech Seed) then switched between Cradily to take Razor Shell and Corsola to take Icicle Spear, which dealt a lot of damage even though it was resisted because of Skill Link. (or very bad luck causing 5 hits every time)

16 looked really good then really bad. Mr. Rime :Mr. Rime: pretty much means free healing because its only attack is Psychic, but it also randomly uses Copycat and that can copy Psychic. I wait until it's out of Psychic and Copycat PP before trying to heal. Mandibuzz :Mandibuzz: is also not a problem if you don't have to worry about Knock Off. I checked the summary screen, glanced at the item slot, and stayed in. I thought there was no Leppa Berry because Lunatone usually uses it, but I forgot to make them use it and I didn't pay enough attention to see that they still had the berry! I was kicking myself, but Lunatone wasn't down yet. They can still be useful because of Levitate and their 6 Rest PP. I forgot to take a pic of the last Pokemon, so you can assume it was another easy Pokemon, but I remember one of the Pokemon I forgot to screenshot was Rotom :Rotom:

Lunatone didn't need the Leppa Berry in "Battle" 17 to be an MVP. I laugh at water types by having Craydily absorb Water attacks with Storm Drain and Corsola take and Regenerate from Ice attacks and Mamoswine :Mamoswine: is almost the same but with Lunatone for Levitate instead. Corviknight's :Corviknight: only attack is Steel Beam so it can only attack once and it has low SpA, but Taunt lets it be annoying anyway. Annoying, but ineffective. Wishiwashi :Wishiwashi: let Lunatone be useful again because of Earthquake, Ice Beam, and Brine does literally nothing, practically nothing, and just giving a very unwanted boost to Lunatone, Corsola, and Craydily respectively. I still let Corsola take an Earthquake to use Toxic because I was sure she could take it and recover from it. She was because Regenerator is awesome.

Lanturn :Lanturn: made me want to switch because it was so weak, but its only effective attack against Craydily was Thunderbolt so I spammed Confide some before switching to save PP. Dedenne :Dedenne:feels like it should be a joke, but a move that half you HP is kind of disturbing when my entire plan is don't die. For some reason, it didn't use Super Fang more than once on Corsola and it was only using Super Fang when I was switching to Corsola, so Craydily did better than expected and it wasn't that big of a deal. Judging by one pic, I tried to have Lunatone wake up against it, but they didn't wake up. To be fair, Lunatone had earned the right to take a nap. The last Pokemon was another I forgot to screenshot.

19 had some Pokemon that may have looked tough. Klefki :Klefki: can KO itself with Steel Beam and using Foul Play on Corsola. Rocky Helmets are fun. It didn't use Steel Beam when I was switching to Corsola and I wasn't sure if Craydily would enure it, so I switched back to Lunatone and they finally fainted after lasting a few more than the usual 4 "Battles." Comfey, :Comfey: despite what earlier screenshots implied, was a joke. Craydily used Leech Seed, Corsola never took a Giga Drain, and Comfey's Grassy Terrain helped heal my team. I had more fun with Talonflame. :Talonflame: Toxic, U-Turn adding the Rocky Helmet, and Sandstorm should only take 3 or 4 turns. That was qui- Oh, right, Roost. I didn't want to switch to Craydily even though it was spamming Roost, but I did want to laugh about the Overheat used on Corsola. I wonder how much I could add to the stupid AI thread...

Trevenant :Trevenant: almost said no to 20 Wins, but Tickle weakened attacks to the point Synthesis could heal it and Corsola was able to use Toxic, but the Lilligant :Lilligant: that came out afterward was unbeatable. It didn't even need to use Quiver Dance. It's awesome to have gotten so far, but just imagine when I beat 20!

IMG_1950.JPG

So close, yet so far, yet so much more than enough to be happy.

There's a point in your skill level where you're really good but you're able to see how much better the absolute best are so you feel like you have lots to learn. I thought I'd have trouble beating 11 with Rock because of its weaknesses, but I'm either lucky or better than I thought I was. There weren't many Grass Pokemon but luck can only explain so much. Probably both. Knowing I did this is kind of surreal. It's like the Fighting streak again but with a team that isn't terrible and I'm more proud than confused.

I'd wonder how far I would've gotten if I hadn't screwed up with the Leppa Berry at 16, but that last "battle" looked like I would've lost either way. I'm amazed I got a streak this long! Seriously, I was consistently getting Legs of 4 and my best streak before this was 8 and there's such a glaring weakness to Grass! (And Bug and Fighting... How'd I even get Legs of 4? Don't know, don't care.) I'm not going to try to improve this team's streak any time soon, if ever. Well done team, well done.

Should I go back to Electric or go for the next type? Using Regice would be sweet after coming up with the name ".. -.-. .", (I need to bump the nickname thread.) but getting and transferring Ninetales would probably be so much better because it'd let Eviolite Sealeo heal with Ice Body instead of only having one Pokemon with "Leftovers Healing." That sounds better than Thick Fat Walrein. Maybe not Ice yet. Amoonguss/Tangela/Eldegoss would be fun for Triple Regen before a serious Grass try with Appletun. Actually, Tangrowth would be a better third Pokemon, but I like using different evolution chains and don't want to transfer another. Then again, using better Pokemon makes worse Pokemon feel ever worse when going back to worse types. I felt it when going from Magnezone to Lunatone. Clefable has about the same bulk as Lunatone, so maybe Fairy? Yeah, I'm thinking Fairy next. The lower bulk is why I wanted to do Rock early. No matter what type I try next, I will keep trying to dominate the bottom of the leaderboard and celebrate my "failures!"

CTNC

With previous streaks, I was thinking, "I hope people try to beat this. I love seeing any streaks." This time, I'm thinking good luck. Instead, I'm begging you to try Clefable if you want a long streak. Clefable is unbelievable. So few things can OHKO with a Crit and some of the things that can can only do KO after boosting their stats a few times. Having room for Toxic (or an attack like Moonblast or Stored Power if you're not me) means she's quick (by my standards) after she sets up.

:Clefable: :Leppa Berry:
Clefable @ Leppa Berry
Magic Guard
Bold 252 HP/148 Def/108 SpD
-Recycle
-Cosmic Power
-Toxic
-Soft-Boiled

This is pretty much what you'd expect from me, a Leppa Berry and Recycle for infinite PP, Cosmic Power to boost both defenses, and Toxic even though I can stall almost anything until Struggle. The only thing that might stand out, (other than Status Moves Only if you aren't used to that being the only thing I do by now,) is there's a 1 Turn Healing Move instead of Rest. I figured I could get Poisoned or Burned with Magic Guard to not worry about Paralysis, Freezing, or Sleep instead of healing status problems by using Rest. So far the Recycle Leppa combo has needed help about every other "battle," but... I don't know how to say it, so I'm just going to quote this and make a couple of massive understatements.
Clefable has about the same bulk as Lunatone, so maybe Fairy? Yeah, I'm thinking Fairy next. The lower bulk is why I wanted to do Rock early. No matter what type I try next, I will keep trying to dominate the bottom of the leaderboard and celebrate my "failures!"
I underestimated Clefable. This streak isn't a failure.

When I was using the Leppa Recycle combo before it was with Pokemon that either has low bulk or (Gallade and Raichu) or multiple common weaknesses. (Magnezone and Lunatone) Clefable has neither. As I said before, you can get Poisoned or Burned without any downside (or so I thought until Vespiquen's Venoshock proved me wrong...) so you can tank Fire and Poison attacks or Scorching Sands until you get "unlucky." Just avoid Thunderbolt and Thunder until then. Also, you don't have to worry about having to wake up after using Rest. Honestly, half the reason for using Soft-Boiled was because I caught a 0 Atk IV one in a Luxury Ball on Fire Red. Moonlight would be good enough if you want to use this but can't get Soft-Boiled. (If you don't mind cloned Pokemon, I can get you a mostly untouched from capture clone in Gen 7.)

I actually didn't use any PP Ups because I was only 90% sure about using them on the transfer only moves because what if I want that move to be the one I get to 1 PP first? I would've made Clefable worse in a way I couldn't undo. (Starting with a move at 1 PP lets you eat the Leppa Berry immediately, which protects it from moves like Corrosive Gas or Bug Bite. It's the difference between some Pokemon being massive problems and being forgettably easy.) That said, I should've used PP Max on Soft-Boiled but my logic was, "what if I have to spam Soft-Boiled enough that it runs out of PP first?" and I'm still not sure about Recycle and Toxic because they only have 10 PP instead of Cosmic Power's 20. Speaking of Cosmic Power, I didn't boost its PP because I'd always want to use it immediately so that's what I wanted at 1 PP most. PP Ups don't matter much anyway when you're not going to have more than 10 PP most of the time. I would've made up my mind before a good streak if this wasn't the first streak.

I wonder how well Unaware would do. It would let Clefable easily beat Pokemon that set up, but Toxic already lets you beat most of them and you'd be vulnerable to status problems unless you use Rest for healing or Aromatherapy over Toxic. I'd say you could go with Cute Charm if you want an Ability you know is worse, but I can't say it's the worst Ability period. You never know how good or bad Luck based stuff can be. It's usually far from good enough, but if extreme RNG abuse gets discovered, you can make the opponents use Male Pokemon and bow down to the queen of the infinite streak. (That's not happening because SwSh isn't close to as broken as BDSP, but wouldn't that be awesome?)

:Mimikyu: :Leftovers:
Mimikyu @ Leftovers
Disguise
Bold 252 HP/172 Def/84 SpD
-Charm
-Confide
-Toxic
-Rest

I went with Mimikyu for my second Pokemon because Disguise lets her take a hit when she switches in the first time without taking much damage. One Charm does a ton, Confide's effects still help a lot after even just one use, and you can usually Rest after using either and use more if you need to. Sometimes you'll need to Dynamax to take half damage while asleep and Max guard when you wake up if you want to use Charm or Confide more. I think Disguise makes up for not having a Steel neutrality, especially against anything with Steel Beam, and having an immunity to the already resisted Fighting type is surprisingly useful. I tried Toxic instead of Will-O-Wisp because Mimikyu can't relearn Toxic but my last Pokemon can and both of them can learn Will-O-Wisp. The last Pokemon can't lower Attack without burning and I usually prefer Toxic for the Pokemon I send in Mimikyu against, so I'd probably stick with Toxic on Mimikyu.

:Weezing-Galar: :Black Sludge:
Galaran Weezing @ Black Sludge
Levitate
Calm 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
-Confide
-Will-O-Wisp
-Haze
-Rest

Weezing can use Black Sludge to get around the Item Clause restricting you to one Leftovers. That's already a good enough reason to use her, but the Poison neutrality is also useful, especially for someone that can use Will-O-Wisp, and Levitate's immunity is always a very nice bonus. Will-O-Wisp is why I sent out Weezing against almost everything I sent it out against. It's for either for Poison and Steel types that deal enough damage to Clefable to worry about or Physical Attackers so strong that I'd rather take 17 turns of them at half power than 6 at full power. The 6 sounds better, but healing fast enough to endure can be a problem with Rest and it can let Clefable use Cosmic Power against Pokemon she wouldn't be able to.

In theory, Confide weakens Special Attackers that Clefable should be afraid of. In practice, it wasn't used much while Clefable was still around. Haze wasn't useful much but it's a life saver against certain threats like Tentacruel. Even with 48 PP, it wasn't always my first choice for PP to waste because of resetting Charm's and Confide's debuffs. Basically, Haze feels useless until you need it.

Weezing's Ability options are Levitate, Neutralizing Gas, and Misty Surge. I went with the obviously good one. Neutralizing Gas is interesting but I have no idea when it'd be useful. Maybe against Cinccino or anything that could have Guts? If anyone wants to say Magic Guard, do you think Weezing could survive against Alakazam? I feel safe saying Neutralizing Gas is way worse than Levitate, but I can almost guarantee it's way better than Misty Surge. Misty Surge might look tempting at first glance for giving your team an immunity to Status Problems, but that would backfire very badly when your healing move is Rest and it gives the immunity to the opponent too. I usually switch to Weezing for Will-O-Wisp, so you can see why Misty Surge would suck. If I needed someone neutral to Steel, I'd use an Ability Patch on Tapu Lele if I chose her. (If the idea of doing that made you cringe, don't worry. I'd rather go with Sap Sipper Azumarill.)

This was my first streak to get past 3. I'm not sure if something clicks when the streak gets going or if I just don't care enough to try hard, but streaks are either really short or have a very good chance at double digits.

I don't know if it was "Battle" 2 or 3 because it was before I started taking screenshots, but I ran into Druddigon. It knows Taunt and a Poison attack, so it sounds like my strategy would involve praying. I pray that Clefable gets poisoned. Everyone outspeeds and can use Toxic or Will-O-Wisp and a Critical Hit didn't do enough to Clefable to make me care. The only thing I cared about was that Poison Tail didn't Poison.

"Battle" 4's last Pokemon was one I'd never feared before but I didn't know its speed and Clefable's berry was eaten. I was pretty sure Alcremie is too slow to use Misty Explosion before Clefable could use Recycle, but Alcremie went first... because Baby Doll-Eyes has Priority. Unrelated thing I thought when writing this: Recycle + Fling could solve world hunger.

"Battle" 5 started with using Cosmic Power's last PP to eat the berry then making a choice. Stall Vileplume to Struggle, or lose Weezing's Black Sludge to Corrosive Gas for the rest of the "battle." I went with PP stalling. Worth it.
Steelix could KO Clefable with a Crit, but I'm a risk taker before the streak gets going so I risked keeping Clefable in. (Note: I think my average streak is about 1. I should stop being so reckless.) When you take risks and you're stalling to Struggle, you will get Crited. Fortunately, that didn't happen until Heavy Slam was out of PP. In hindsight, I should've Dynamaxed, switched to Weezing when they used Dig, and used Will-O-Wisp. It's so easy to get stuck in the mind set of "brute forcing" nothing. (You could make a drinking game out of all my rare sentences... Might as well throw in when I get sidetracked like this too if you want to chug.) Beartic can easily be beaten when you're already at +6/+6, but it still wasn't a vary good last Pokemon. Sword Dance means he's getting in some hits that still pack a punch through Cosmic Power

An Eldegoss in "Battle" 6 used Worry Seed on Clefable. I forgot about that until Accelgor poisoned Clefable with Sludge Bomb. That was funny after how many times I used Worry Seed on Magic Guard Pokemon in game.

In "Battle" 7 I remembered Garbodor has some weird moves, (Seed Bomb, Body Slam, and 2 other Attacks) but I didn't remember a Poison Attack. Clefable only had 133/202 HP after the last "Battle" and got KOed by Gunk Shot... Dumbest mistake in years. X(
I sent in Weezing, got outspeed, and missed with Will-O-Wisp. Gunk Shot dealt almost half! The second Will-O-Wisp landed, but there was no way Weezing would be able to use Rest when anything could KO so I switched to Mimikyu. To add insult to injury, Mimikyu got Poisoned by the last Gunk Shot. -_- I wasn't happy about the second Pokemon, Ribombee. I was pretty sure it knew Psychic and Quiver Dance (Thankfully, it doesn't know Quiver Dance.) and it's surprisingly strong for an early game Bug. I was so glad that Mimikyu could use Toxic and Rest between Confides. I didn't even need to Dynamax! I don't remember how it happened, but Weezing was able to use Rest some time even though she was down to 26/172 HP. I think what happened was I switched back after the last Gunk Shot PP and 3 Charms. Judging by a screenshot of Weezing Dynamaxed against Kangaskhan, I think I used Dynamax to take less damage while asleep and Max Guard when waking up.

I thought that if the team didn't work without Clefable then I should work on that so I chose not to heal until Mimikyu and Weezing were in bad shape.

"Battle" 8 could've started pretty badly. Magnezone would force me to switch to Mimikyu if she wasn't already out and hope it uses Steel Beam to break the Disguise. I used Confide and they used Steel Beam. (That move looks way cooler than it sounds.) Musharna and Thievul were easy, but Knock Off was annoying.

"Battle" 9 had some really strong Pokemon in the back, but it was almost free because they were the wrong strong Pokemon for this team. Mr. Rime couldn't do much after a few Confides, I switched against Tauros every turn for Mimikyu to "take" Facade and Weezing to take Lash Out or Stomping Tantrum, and Falinks's only attack that does anything to Mimikyu is x4 Resisted.

"Battle" 10 had another Fighting type, Conkeldurr. Mimikyu's disguise was busted by the lead Toxapex and I didn't know if Conkeldurr had Guts. Dynamaxing to block some Stone Edges felt like a good idea but it might make Conkeldurr use Bulk Up. Between Max Guard and missing, Weezing only took 3 or 4 Stone Edges. I could switch to Mimikyu after that because the other attacks were Fighting.

"Battle" 11 started with Starmie. I think having Mimikyu out already let her use her Disguise's free turn for an extra Confide instead of switching was the difference between being able to Rest and wake up or Rest and Switch. That's already a good thing, but it's even better when the only Pokemon you can switch to is weak to Psychic. A first turn Thunderbolt Paralyzed Mimikyu, (I didn't know secondary effects got through Disguise.) but that didn't stop anything. I'd worry about Appeltun's Solar Beam if I didn't have a resist and I'd worry about Pinsir if the reason I worry about it wasn't KOed.

I started "Battle" 12 with a mistake, Will-O-Wisp on Quagsire. Leftovers and Power-Up Punch meant I had to use a lot of PP. (mostly Haze.) The Steel Beam user would've been a possible problem if it wasn't Corviknight, or so I thought. The last Pokemon was a Drought Torkoal and I had to switch because Corviknight's final move was Taunt. Torkal used a Critical Hit Lava Plume and almost KOed Mimikyu. It'd be 2HKO even without the Crit. Mimikyu's almost dead but Weezing would take a ton of damage if I switched... Do I sacrifice Mimikyu for Toxic or stall to Struggle? I figured I was going to heal after this "battle" either way.

Leg 1: 12 "Battles"
The best Leg I've gotten before was 11. Suck it Rock team! (Just kidding. You did very well. :P)

There were no problems in "Battle" 13 and Clefable got burned in "Battle" 14 by Froslass.

"Battle" 15 had one of the worst Pokemon to face, Toxicroak. The only user of Nasty Plot, a Poison type, and user of Corrosive Gas. The main reason I can't say it's the worst is Weavile, but it can give Weavile a run for its money. I switched to Weezing for Will-O-Wisp and Haze spamming. At one point whe Toxicroak was attacking, Weezing had 75 HP before taking a hit and I thought 29 HP could be enough to endure another because I used Confide attack for Rest, but Weezing got KOed. For some reason, I think I was thinking Toxicroak had -2 SpA. I thought Mimikyu had little chance because Toxicroak's other attack is Shadow Ball. Why does it know Shadow Ball instead of a Fighting attack? Oh, right. Focus Blast sucks... But why did its other attack have to be Shadow Ball? For some reason, Toxicroak didn't use Nasty Plot much against Mimikyu, even getting down to -4 SpA after enough Confides, and was okay with not boosting past +0. I Dynamaxed durring the final Rest before Will-O-Wisp ended Toxicroak's rein of terror to take less damage, which was pretty importaint after one Shadow Ball's SpD drop.

If Mimikyu and Weezing could endure, Celfable and Mimikyu should be able to too.

"Battle" 16
Technician Chinccino could've KOed if I got unlucky. It got 2 Crits in a row in a 4 Hit Tail Slap, but that was after enough boosts to recover easily.
I couldn't burn Magnezone and I wasn't sure when it would try Steel Beam, so I had to stay in with Clefable, not that I minded with +6/+6 Defenses. I can wait all day, infact, I'm used to waiting all day. I thought Dunsparce was depressing for being Dunsparce, but then it missed 3 out of 4 Dual Wingbeats.

The lead of "Battle" 17 was Pikachu and I knew it was stupidly strong, but I still used Cosmic Power instead of switching and using Charm. Volt Tackle brought Clefable down to 84/202 HP. Hm... That looks like she could endure. I risked Soft-Boiled and she endured with 2 HP!

"Battle" 18
Malamar used Baton Pass on Turn 1 while I was using Cosmic Power and sent out Drifblim. Their Flame Orb activated. Usually that wouldn't be a big deal because I could switch to Weezing and let them take her Black Sludge. I didn't know how used Leppa Berries worked with Trick and Recycle, so I panicked and switched to Mimikyu. Drifblim stole her Leftovers. I couldn't use Toxic because they were burned. There's no way Clefable's not using the Leppa Berry.

I found out that the game keeps track of used items for Recycle instead of being them being lost when Trick takes nothing. Turns out the nothing is something. Even if I didn't panic, there's still be a 50/50 on if Trick was used an odd or even number of times.

Leg 2: 6 "Battles"
Leg 1 got my hopes up for 30, but I was thinking 25 would be lucky if I can get a legs as low as 6. Still, beating 20 feels good.

After struggling (not as in using Struggle. I'd forfeit if was quit or use Struggle. in Leg 2, Leg 3 started with 3 easy "battles," but I was still nervous because what if this Leg was even shorter? I risked getting Clefable Pyralasied by staying in against Miltank's Thunderbolts in "Battle" 21, but I was paranoid enough to use Toxic immeditly instead of setting up to +6/+6 first

"Battle" 22 made me switch immediately because of Crawdaunt knowing Knock Off. I think I'd have to switch even without Knock Off because of the Base 120 Atk and chance of Adaptability. I switched to Mimikyu for Toxic and hoped Charm wouldn't be stopped by Hyper Cutter. It was stopped and I had to switch to Weezing, who was barely Not 2HKOed. A tough lead, but it would get much worse. Tentacruel is a worst case scenario. A Poison type with Sword Dance and Black Sludge, easily a Top 5 threat no matter what type I'm trying. I have to use Will-O-Wisp to weaken it then stall to Struggle because the Black Sludge will cancel out the Burn. Also, even if I'm using a team that has Leech Seed, Liquid Ooze can make things even worse. Against Weezing, they would use Waterfall with 1 Sword Dance buff then wouldn't use Poison Jab until they had 3, which I never let them get. I switched to Clefable after Sword Dance ran out of PP and was amazed by how little Poison Jab was doing. I'm not sure if Tentacruel was that weak without boosts or if it was because of the burn. Probably the Burn. I was also "unlucky" enough to get Poisoned. The last Pokemon was yet another one I worried about, but I only worried about it when it's a lead because I can't use anything before Salazzle can use Corrosive Gas. The Leppa Berry was already eaten and Salazzle's only attacks are Acrobatics and Scale Shot. Needless to say, I had no trouble with her and Mimikyu was able to use Rest to recover from Crawdaunt.

"Battle" 23 had Steelix again. I risked having Clefable taking Heavy Slam again even though Crits would OHKO instead of Dynamaxing and switching to Weezing during Dig. I didn't realize that strategy until after the streak. Good thing it didn't Crit.

"Battle" 24 was another easy one, but I'm making a warning because of something that happened. Always use Toxic on Blissey before she can use Safeguard. (or KO ASAP if you, like everyone else, are using attacks) Metronome could call a OHKO move, like Guillotine, which it did. I'd be so mad if it hit.

I wasn't sure if "Battle" 25 would start easy or hard because the power of Krookodile's Power Trip can get crazy fast. I don't remember if I used Cosmic Power or Toxic, but Krookodile used... Flamethrower? Sweet, it's a Zoroark. Not a threat for this team. I can set up until it uses U-Turn. Krookodile used 4 Bulk Ups.

"Battle" 26 was another easy one because Oranguru is setup fodder, but Exploud is worth mentioning because Boomburst could OHKO with a Crit after Throat Spray and it has either Scrappy, which lets it hit Mimikyu, or Soundproof, which makes it immune to Confide. I risked taking the Crit and kept Clefable in because I was afraid of what it could do to Mimikyu. An Alcremie also made me worry about Recycle's PP because it wasn't using Misty Explosion. In hindsight, it was stupid to worry about because Toxic had plenty of PP so I could switch to spamming that.

Remember what I said about being Poisoned having no drawbacks? "Battle" 27 was when Vespiquen proved me wrong. She outspeed me and Venoshock dealt excactly half, but Clefable was able to set up a little and endure until U-Turn, and she U-Turned to Cloyster... That'd be terrifying if they realized Skill Link Icicle Spear was better than Razor Shell and if they liked using Shell Smash more than once. Then again +2 Atk and a 50% chance to lower Def is still kind of terrifying. Toxic doesn't let much stuff terrify for long though.

"Battle" 29 was yet another that was wither soloed or almost soloed by one Pokemon, but this time it wasn't Clefable soloing. This was Mimikyu's time to shine! Pinsir knowing Bug Bite meant I had to switch and Seismic Toss meant an unnerfable 50 Damage. I think I like having Normal and Fighting immunities more than someone not weak to Steel. Also, Mold Breaker can be an annoying Ability to face, but when it gets past Disguise and you'd rather save Disguise for something else, I was pretty unannoyed. The Fighting imminity continued to be useful against Mienshao because I didn't think Clefable would be able to set up and Charm would lower damage taken quicker than Cosmic Power. The last Pokemon was another Clefable couldn't switch into, Golispod, but it was still one that could be Charmed and Toxiced.

I was pretty optomistic about "Battle" 30 even though it started with Sirfetch'd. Fairy resists Fighting and Meteor Assult gives free turns. Turns out, it gave more free turns than expected with 5 Defogs and it didn't Crit with Brave Bird. The rest of the opponent's team, just as easy. Before taking on Restricted Sparring, when I was ignorant enough to think 10 would be easy, I thought the good types would only get 20. I just got 30! 0_o

Another Starmie came out in "Battle" 33, but it wasn't the lead. It shows how some Pokmeon are only threats if they're the lead.

"Battle" 34 had another Pinsir lead but this one didn't have Mold Breaker. I activated their Eject Pack with Confide and thought it was a nice run when they sent out Weavile. Knowing and loving to use Taunt, outspeeding anything I'd use for any type, and the power to 2-3HKO anything makes Weavile instant death sentence. Still, I had to try to use Toxic. Trying and failing against the impossible is still better than surrender! I still accepted my fate, but it wasn't the fate I expected. "The opposing Weavile used Shadow Claw." What!? Too soon to celebrate, it might be a KO. Guess what message popped up after the hit.

A critical hit!

Mimikyu didn't faint. She had 27 HP left. She survived a Super Effective Critical Hit! By the way, did you know Toxic has 90 Accuracy? Immagine how soul crushing it'd be if it missed after that! Good thing it didn't miss. Weavile tried to finish her off with Night Slash, but I switched to Weezing. I Dynamaxed, and blocked a Shadow Claw. The second Max Guard failed and Weavile used Shadow Claw again! The third blocked Taunt and Weavile finally got a Taunt off on Weezing's fourth turn right before fainting. Oh, and Mimikyu had just enough HP to endure Pinsir's Stealth Rock and Bug Bite to recover with Rest. Pretty good outcome from certain death.

"Battle" 35 had a bit of luck. Drapion forced me to switch to Weezing and my first Will-O-Wisp missed. Accupressure sharply raised Evasion and made the second Will-O-Wisp miss. That was actualy looking like it could be a problem because Will-O-Wisp would be down to Half PP after the next one. Fortuantly, the third one burned and I could switch back to Clefable. Based on past experince against Drapion, it would spam Accupressure, even when it's at +6 everything and there's still PP in attacks. Turns out, It actually attacks when Cross Poison is Super Effective. The second Pokemon was Octillery, and I'm never in a mood to deal with Moody, but Toxic meant I didn't have to deal with it long enough to become a problem.

Final "Battle"

When I read Lycanroc I hoped that they were leading with a Midnight Form one. Nope, Midday. It can't do much, but Stealth Rock and Roar are very annoying for stopping Clefable from setting up and punishing switching. I can't say it wasn't easy to wait for Toxic, but I'm not sure if I can say it wasn't a threat either. I was sure Magneton was a threat though. It didn't look like a threat at first because Mimikyu was out, able to use Confide, and avoided Thunder Wave. I figure they can't do much if they aren't attacking, Flash Cannon only has 10 PP, and Clefable's at full HP. I'm sure she can set up.

A critical hit!

OHKO

I underestimated Magneton.

I sent out Weezing for Will-O-Wisp then used Confide. I thought 70 HP was enough to endure another Flash Cannon, so I tried Rest and realized that my calculation/estiment was off because I'd forgotten Black Sludge healing shortly after the KO. (In my defence, I think I was looking away durring the Black Sludge healing.) Mimikyu continued spamming Confide and Rest to survive. It took until Magneton's third Thunder Wave before it worked, but Pyralysis never did anything. I'm not complaining though. The more they use moves other than Flash Cannon, the more they're not using Flash Cannon. Mimikyu looked like she'd have a lot of trouble when a Flash Cannon lowered her SpD, but she was able to use Confide until she could endure anything, even after her SpD was lowered again... I have to thank the stupid AI though. At one point, Magneton used Magnet Raise after it wore off instead of 2HKOing before Mimikyu could wake up and use Rest again.

If the last Pokemon is a Physical attacker that isn't immune to Toxic, I'm good. They sent out Dedenne. Hmm... Dedenne is weak, but Mimikyu is at -2 SpD... I think I can use Confide enough to live? Spoiler: I couldn't. I don't think the Dazzling Gleam Critical Hit mattered. I'm sure I was dead either way.

I'll count that as Magneton Sweep because the lowered SpD is what realled KOed Mimikyu, but maybe I should take another look at Dedenne for my Electric Recycle user... *checks stats* I think Raichu is bulkier. -_-

IMG_1951.JPG

I don't know what's crazier, 38, a leg of 20, or that I'm not confused about how this team got so far. Interestingly, how good a leg does doesn't seem to be a sign of how good the rest of the run is or will be. My teams are pretty likely to be at full health or pretty close after every "Battle" and not many nonrenewable PP are used, so heals are only needed after facing the worst of the worst or to restore PP if it's after the Recycle user goes down.

Next type, Ice. Coincidentally, this means I'm doing all three types weak to Steel in a row. The lack of Poison/Ice types or Ice types with Regenerator is a problem, but I'm hoping the Ability Ice Body can make up for that. Also, letting the Snow Warning Pokemon have Leftovers lets me use Eviolite Sealeo instead of Walrein. Is being ~14.5% bulkier worth more than a Rocky Helmet? I'm pretty nostalgic for Walrein, but I still think it's probably worth it. Besides, I like the idea of using Pokemon most people would look over and NFEs are very easy to look over. Now that I've spoiled that I'm using what my mom thinks is the cutest member of their evolution chain, (I agree that Sealeo is very underrated, but Spheal can never not be the cutest! <3) I think it's easy to guess what my other two Pokemon are.

Edit if anyone is reading this and wants an update: The Ninetales I have knows Confide and Charm but I think I need one with Heal Bell and Aurora Veil, so I'm going to need another one transferred... -_- I'm going to see how well I can do without Recycle because that sounds less painful.

Edit 2: The first try with Grass that made it past the first "battle" got 6 Wins before being instantly destroyed by Exploud in "Battle" 7 because I tried Leech Seed for Healing instead of Toxic and Confide probably would've been blocked by Soundproof. I'm going to try EVs focusing on Special Defense instead of mixed Defenses for Amoonguss. I didn't get to use any heals, but I think it was a pretty good run because of getting 5 easily and who it beat. Weavile's Night Slash was healed by Regenerator, even when it's a Critical Hit. I'm torn between confidence and thinking I'll die as soon as I run into something offensive with Fire, Flying, or Ice STAB.

Last edited:

CTNC

Merry Christmas to one and all! There's no better type for this day than Ice, unless you live in the southern hemisphere. I'd use Fire for you, but... *looks at Heatmor* No. Just no. I'm saving that for last.

Since it's Christmas, I'd like to bring up and make fun of the pathetic excuse of a Pokemon called Delibird. Did you know Delibird can learn Recycle? Did you know Jynx has Base 35 Defense and is still physically bulkier than Delibird? Yeah... There's a reason I never considered anyone other than Mr. Rime for my Recycle user. At least Delibird is bulkier over all than Smoochum. (Delibird is still worse on the Special side.) Ninetale's Snow Warning is festive enough and far better than a bird that's best used as deli meat.

:Mr. Rime: :Leppa Berry:
Mr. Rime @ Leppa Berry
Ice Body
Bold 252 HP/156 Def/60 SpD/36 Spe
-Recycle
-Iron Defense
-Calm Mind
-Slack Off

Ice may be known for its weaknesses, but they don't matter much if you set up to +6/+6 Defenses and can endure Critical Hits. The Leppa Berry and Recycle let you recover PP forever and Mr. Rime can easily turn into an unkillable wall that can and will PP stall everything to Struggle while driving opponents mad with the tapping of her feet. Defensive Ice types aren't much of a joke if you ask me.

I tried Rest instead of Slack Off at first because it heals status problems, but it takes too long to wake up. I don't know why Mr. Rime can learn Slack Off, but I'm not complaining. I'm also not complaining about Iron Defense because it makes up for the loss of Barrier, but I am complaining about not learning Amnesia.

The EVs are to balance the Defenses but have SpD slightly higher for Porygon 2/Z's Download and give enough speed to boost against Solrock, Gardevoir, and Lycanroc Midnight before they can land a hit. Magneton is also outspeed but that doesn't matter because you're going to lose if you haven't already set up and it has Thunder Wave. 4 EVs are wasted because they wouldn't do anything anywhere. In theory they can be put into SpA, but that ain't happening! They went into Def for 160/60 Defensive EVs and it let me "train" by force feeding health drinks and Candies without having to use feathers too.

:Ninetales-Alola: :Leftovers:
Alolan Ninetales @ Leftovers
Snow Warning
Bold 252 HP/180 Def/76 SpD
-Aurora Veil
-Toxic
-Rest
-Heal Bell

I know using something with Snow Warning seems extremely predictable from the guy that uses Status Moves Only, but I didn't want Snow Warning. It can take down almost anything without using any PP, but the problem is it will take down almost anything. I know that sounds very good, but sometimes you want to switch to heal with Leftovers instead of end things. I wanted Snow Warning just to let a Pokemon with Ice Body use its Ability like a second Leftovers.

I had Charm and Confide instead of Aurora Veil and Heal Bell because I didn't know which of the two I wanted to replace with Aurora Veil because Confide does less than Charm but is still good and it can't be relearned and I thought those moves would be better than Heal Bell. As soon as I switched Mr. Rime's Rest to Slack Off, I faced a ton of Pokemon that could Poison, Burn, or Paralyze... That made choosing which move to drop for Aurora Veil easy. I'd drop the one I wasn't already dropping for Heal Bell. It's also when I tried a Triple Regen Grass team because I needed help transferring a third Vulpix just for Heal Bell. (I forgot to teach the first Vulpix Confide and Toxic... Thanks a ton to Kurona for helping with everything!)

Ninetales and Mr. Rime have the same base Defenses so they'd have the same EV spread if I didn't give Mr. Rime any Spe EVs. The only difference in bulk would be Ninetales having 7 less HP but it's more like 4 HP at most in practice because of Mr. Rime almost always taking chip damage from a Struggle with +6 Defense at the end of a "battle."

:Sealeo: :Eviolite:
Sealeo @ Eviolite
Ice Body
Calm 252 HP/164 Def/92 SpD
-Growl
-Confide
-Toxic
-Rest

I have to ask, who else ever thought Growl was useless? I could have asked this earlier, but who else ever thought Confide was a weird waste of a 100th TM slot? Now I'm looking for Pokemon that can learn Growl (or Tickle, Charm, or Feather Dance) and breed in Gen 7 just for Confide. (Also for Toxic and Recycle, but Confide is a very big reason.)

Eviolite makes Sealeo ~14.5% bulkier than Walrein but I'm nostalgic about Walrein and he can hold a Rocky Helmet. I value the bulk that lets me do nothing more than something that does something and taking less damage so I can use Toxic helps way more than the Rocky Helmet when I need to do something. (especially against Special Attackers.) Also, Walrein looked so much better in the 2D games.

If I didn't want Ice Body, Thick Fat would make Sealeo or Walrein still look good, but Lapras gets Heal Bell, which would let me replace Ninetales with something that isn't weak to Rock, like Sandslash. I'm not sure if that'd be worth it because a fast Aurora Veil was pretty nice and I'd have to chose between Charm, Confide, and Toxic for Lapras's last 2 moves.

The first 3 "Battles" had a few moments worth mentioning. Dynamaxing against Mienshao to make it KO itself with High Jump Kick, Heal Bell proving very useful, and Vespiquen preventing Heal Bell by making it useless with Toxic Spikes.

I wasn't sure how "Battle" 4's lead, Thievul, would let things go because the risk of Knock Off forces me to switch and Parting Shot's switch will make someone other than Mr. Rime face the bigger back line threat. I thought Sealeo's Eviolite was less important than Ninetales's Leftovers, so I let him take the Knock Off. I wasn't sure if I should use Confide for Burning Jealousy or Toxic for whatever comes out after Parting Shot. I chose Confide and Thievul used Parting Shot but switched to a Special Attacker, Ribombee. Moonblast brought Sealeo to just over half HP when he used Toxic, so I used Rest to heal and Dynamaxed for 2 turns of less damage and Max Guard after waking up. The last Pokemon made me wish I hadn't Dynamaxed. Krookodile's Power Trip with Bulk Up makes it one of the most powerful stat boosting Pokemon and Sand Tomb can surprisingly lethal too. I switched to Ninetales for a Dark resist and Auora Veil. In hindsight, I should have used Toxic before Auora Veil because it came down to 1 turn. If she woke up from the Rest she had to use a turn sooner, if Toxic was a turn faster, if Aurora Veil was a turn longer, if Sand Tome ended a turn sooner... Any of those would've let Ninetales endure or at least switch out. I risked Mr. Rime's Leppa Berry against Thievul because I didn't need to protect it when I'm healing either way. Amusingly, Mr. Rime was able to eat it before Knock Off and could've used Recycle before Thievul fainted.

"Battle" 5 made me use Sealeo against Coalossal and he was in bad shape afterward. 92 HP and Asleep. I'm so glad a last turn Dynamax stopped another Heat Crash. I'd forgotten about that. I just Dynamaxed for less damage. This made the next "Battle" ugly, not that it was ever going to be pretty.

Lead Kangaskhan was a joke and let Mr. Rime set up, but Braviary's Whirlwind would make her +6/+6 Defenses useless. I switched to Ninetales in case it tried Bulk Up but it used Whirlwind and forced out Sealeo. I Dynamaxed and hoped Sealeo would wake up and be able to do something. He stayed asleep, but Dynamaxing paid off because of Brave Bird's recoil. I let Sealeo get KOed because I thought Braviary had a Super Effective attack like Superpower or Rock Slide and might have gone with a KO with that. Nope, Brave Bird KO. I sent out Ninetales and used Aurora Veil... and OHKOed by Iron Head. I kind of called it? Braviary used Brave Bird again Mr. Rime and KOed itself. Mr Rime was down to 51/187 HP, so there was a chance I'd lost. I wasn't sure if Scrafty was beatable, but fortunately it didn't know any Dark attacks and its Life Orb didn't make it strong enough to be a threat. I think I even remember easily enduring a Crit after recovering.

Legs of 4 and 2 don't look good, but the last leg is the one you're forced to drag out and this team can recover against the right Pokemon. I'd be happy sharing a streak of 9, but 10 would be nice and I knew for sure that I'd be ready to move on to the next team if I got 11. If I got 13, I'd be annoyed that Electric didn't do better.

"Battle" 7 started with the harmless Toxapex then Corviknight forced me to switch. I switched to Sealeo first to take Steel Beam and Sealeo was out when Ninetale's Hail took down Corviknight. Good thing because I wouldn't have wanted Mr. Rime out against what happened to be the last Pokemon, Beartic. I used Toxic and I was okay with taking Superpower because of the secondary effect. Beartic wasted the first of its few turns with Rain Dance before attacking. Superpower took Sealeo down to 81/197 HP, but I thought it looked like it wouldn't be a 2HKO after the Attack drop so Sealeo would be able to use Rest. Sealeo endured it at 3 HP! I switched to Ninetales and she didn't take a ton from a -2 Superpower and took nothing from a final turn Rain Dance.

"Battle" 8 put me against Steelix and "Battle" 11 had Magneton. I'm not proud to talk about how I won against them. I would've lost if they were leads but they came out after Mr. Rime was able to set up to +6/+6. The only way to win was to hope they didn't get a Critical Hit. Ninetales would have no chance and Sealeo wasn't weak to Steel, but I didn't have faith in his ability to take a Body Press or Thunderbolt. Basically, I won because I got lucky.

I also took massive risks in "Battle" 9 against Scolipede and Porygon-Z after setting up against Appletun. Scolipede because I knew it'd use Baton Pass, Porygon-Z because I'm afraid of letting that thing attack anyone else, and Scolipede again because I was on a one track mind of doing nothing.

I already mentioned "Battle" 11's Magneton, but I'd like to mention the opponent leading with a Mr. Rime caused a Mr. Rime dance off. Mine could dance way longer before the opponent's Struggled to keep going.

I had a question about "Battle" 12. How was Alakazam not a threat? Base 135 SpA and Shadow Ball doesn't sound like it'd let Mr. Rime set up. At least Exeggutor always deals respectable damage. Actually, that's going to be pretty bad with types weak to Grass... I thought Beheeyem would be a threat because of Cosmic Power and Stored Power, but I'd forgotten that its Psychic attack was actually Psychic. I sent out Ninetales and let her take damage for nothing...

The Final "Battle"

Final should be in quotation marks because I feel like the second to last one is what really ended the streak. Battle is in quotation marks because it feels wrong to not use them when I'm not fighting.

Sandaconda was interesting because it looked like it could've been a nightmare with Coil, but the only attack it used after I switched to Ninetales was Sand Tomb. Weird, but damage between turns added up. Corviknight was sent in against Ninetales, who was down to 63 HP. Needless to say, I switched to Sealeo and Steel Beam dealt 63 Damage. This is when Snow Warning always activating is bad. I'd want to switch between Ninetales and Sealeo to heal them with Leftovers and Ice Body, but I only had 8 turns until Corviknight fainted.

Ninetales was out when the opponent sent in their last Pokemon, Solrock. The plan was Aurora Veil then switch to Mr. Rime and spam Iron Defense and Slack Off until Solrock is down to just Cosmic Power. Solrock used Cosmic Power while Ninetales used Aurora Veil, but it looked kind of bad after that. Between Hail and Flare Blitz's recoil, I thought a Crit could KO Solrock and I wasn't sure if Mr. Rime would endure after she got burned. The good news was a Flare Blitz Crit didn't KO Mr. Rime. The bad news, it KOed Solrock and left Mr. Rime at 27 HP with a Burn. I'd won the battle but lost the war. Well, I could get lucky enough for the net opponent's team to let me recover, but I doubt it.

The last opponent sent out Beartic. I'd switch to Ninetales for Aurora Veil then Toxic, but she was down to ~120 HP. I switched to Sealeo instead and he took a Liquidation. He was able to use Toxic and endure a Superpower. I Dynamaxed to take less from Superpower. The first Max Guard blocked Superpower and the second one failed but they used Rain Dance that turn! The third one blocked another Superpower, but it still had 2 PP left. Either Sealeo would faint or Ninetales would take damage she couldn't afford to take. I sacrificed Sealeo to let Ninetales in safely. I used Aurora Veil first because there was no was Beartic wasn't using Rain Dance and I thought I'd need it. The good news is Ninetales got a few turns without taking hits to heal with Leftovers. The bad news is it's because Beartic was using Sword Dance three times! It was still a 2HKO because of Auora Veil and
Ninetales could've endured with Rest if Aurora Veil lasted a turn longer. (Before anyone mentions Light Clay, I don't think so. Leftovers is too good to lose.) I considered switching to Mr. Rime in case they tried finishing with Superpower instead of Liquidation, but it seemed unlikely and pointless. Ninetales got KOed. Beartic had one turn left, but so did I. Mr. Rime had no chance.

It was a good run, but the end hurt a lot. Especially because they finished off Mr. Rime with the Superpower I wish they'd used earlier. -_- I want to complain about the luck at the end because it was a lot of little things, but I didn't face many threatening Pokemon and I survived two Pokemon that would've been instant losses if they got Crits.

IMG_1953.JPG

Every streak has be better than the last and... Ha, no. Not this time. Beating 38 with Ice? lol. I'd be shocked if I got even half that with Ice.

14 is just enough to beat Electric, so I want to try to do better than 13 with Magnezone instead of Raichu until I beat Ice or get too annoyed at a team I know can do good doing bad. You'd think I'd try Grass next because of already getting to 6 with Triple Regen, but I'm thinking about using a Confide Ferrothorn instead of Amoonguss. I gave up on Triple Regen after the second Scizor... I'm thinking about Ground next and I wonder which Recycle user will be best, Claydol with Toxic and Cosmic Power but who can only heal with Rest, Palossand with Toxic and Shore Up but who can only boost 3 times with Stockpile, or the worst case scenario, of Palossand with Iron Defense and Amnesia without Toxic.

I like having my teams' Pokemon next to each other, preferably in the same row or column, and that hasn't been a problem yet because there's somehow been no Pokemon that are on multiple teams yet. (The only possible overlap so far is Bewear from Fighting for Normal as a "close enough to a Fighting resist.") The reason I say somehow is... *inhales* Ground and Water have Seismitoad, Water and Poison have Toxapex, Poison and Grass might share Amoonguss, Grass and Dragon have Appleton, Dragon and Fire have Turtonator, Fire and Steel have Heatran, Steel and Flying will probably share Celesteela, Ghost will either share Drifblim with Flying or still might share Palossand with Ground, and Ghost and Bug have have Shedinja. I just listed a chain with 10 types and there's still even more overlap! Slowking in Water and Psychic is very tempting and Poison and Dark will probably share a Poison/Dark type (I'm hoping for Alolan Muk to get patched in After the Pokebank update but I don't think that's happening.) which brings the linked teams upto 12 types! I'm looking at 6 types that aren't part of that chaos. (Fighting, Electric, Rock, Fairy, Ice, and Normal. Even then, Normal could share Oranguru.) It might be two chains instead of one if Grass doesn't use Amoonguss and Ghost and Ground don't share Palossand.

Reporting an ongoing 100-consecutive win streak (with each fight at the 'MAX' rank) in the Dynamax Category of the Sw/Sh Battle Tower (Zacian etc. not allowed but Dynamax allowed).

General comments on the team: The main novelty/selling point of this team is that it is easy to obtain on a single copy of Sword or Shield without the Crown Tundra expansion. It's also reliable for medium-length streaks since it only took me a few attempts to get up to 100 consecutive wins. The team is not suitable for extremely long streaks, because it can lose to bad RNG, and nor is it fully optimised. But it's pretty good considering the ease with which it may be obtained, even if Dugtrio does have an egg move. The team is as follows.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
Ability: Sand Veil
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Earthquake
- Reversal

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Power Whip

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- U-Turn
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball

Dugtrio's purpose is to set up stealth rocks, thereby allowing Gyarados to sweep without fear of Focus Sash or the Sturdy ability. (Also, Leon's Charizard is 4x weak to SR). Dugtrio also beats most frail electric types who would otherwise threaten Gyarados. Memento is there so that Dugtrio can get out the way and allow Gyarados to come in unscathed when his job is done. The attack/special attack drop also helps Gyarados set up, assuming that the opponent doesn't get a crit. Alternatively he can use reversal, which does a lot of damage at 1HP (sometimes this results in the battle being won 3-0).

The Gyarados set is, by now, fairly standard. To be brief, the idea is to dragon dance, dynamax, then sweep. Since hidden abilities are extremely difficult (impossible?) to obtain without Crown Tundra, Intimidate is selected for this team.

I wasn't really sure what the best third option would be, but as Gyarados can have trouble against physical walls like Avalugg I went for a specially-based option, and Dragapult is just generically good. In runs he tended not to be used much, though he was very useful against a lead substituting Butterfree, since he has the infiltrate ability. Based upon the run, I suspect that he should have flamethrower on his moveset (perhaps instead of U-Turn) because most of the times I did use him were against an opponent weak to fire. Also, possibly Life Orb instead of Choice Specs, to allow switching between moves and so that the damage boost on dynamaxing is retained.

Shield_Proof.jpeg

Update to post #431: The team of Dugtrio, Gyarados and Dragapult has reached 263 consecutive wins, equalling Suspicious Derivative's record in the Dynamax Singles category. Beginning from the 101st battle, Dragapult ran life orb rather than choice specs, but the team was otherwise the same throughout.

I certainly didn't expect to get anywhere near this far with the team, and was originally aiming for just 70 wins, so as to reach the proverbial Salon Maiden Anabel. In fairness, there were certainly a few close shaves, and one match against Leon that I was lucky to win, as explained below.

Aside from general cheese (e.g. QC Bewear was scary at one point because it got not one but two (two!) extra attacks in), here were some specific issues with the team.

1. The team doesn't have any real answer to Ditto. Only a few trainers can use Ditto (essentially the PokeKids, Beauties and League Staff) and when I ran into one I tried not to dynamax until at least the second pokemon was revealed. In the event I encountered 3 (maybe 4) dittos, but none of them had the imposter ability, so it was plain sailing.

2. Leads that Dugtrio can't really touch (although you can always just do Stealth Rocks + Memento or switch). These include trick room Aromatisse, whom I encountered at least twice. This one isn't too bad because you can usually mess about and/or DDance until TR ends, and then take it out and sweep. One of the scariest leads is Galarian Weezing since he can have fairy moves for Dragapult, levitate for Dugtrio, and thunder for Gyarados. Vanilluxe is obliterated by reversal, but can use ice shard/hail damage/random freezes to get around the focus sash.

3. Dracozolt in the opponent's backline. Unless highly boosted, Gyarados cannot OHKO it. I think I only ever saw one or two of these, but one of them was able to KO dynamax Gyarados with bolt beak. Fortunately Dragapult was able to come in and clean up. Perhaps there is a case of keeping Dugtrio alive or just switching to Dragapult (even if this 'wastes' the dynamax turns), against trainers who can run this.

4. Hop's noble companion, Dubwool, is a tougher opponent than one might think. For example:
252 SpA Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dubwool: 103-123 (58.1 - 69.4%)
this lends further credence to the idea that Dragapult should carry flamethrower (super effective against fluffy variants).
Hop's other noble companion, Zacian (or Zamazenta), would also be a dangerous opponent. But fortunately he doesn't seem to like the battle tower :).

5. Most Leon fights were easy wins, but one was very close. If memory serves, Leon led Mr. Rime, who takes a single EQ from Dugtrio before taking it out, getting around focus sash somehow (ice shard or fake out). Gyarados comes in, and dares not dragon dance in case Rime has thunder or freeze dry, so it DMaxes and takes it out. (NB: Waterfall without DMaxing risks failing to KO if it turned out to be the freeze dry variant, as shown below.)
252 Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Mr. Rime: 67-81 (43.2 - 52.2%)
252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Mr. Rime 64-76 (41.2 - 49%)
Gyarados then beats Charizard with max geyser, so I'm in good shape, but with only one DMax turn left. Final opponent is Aegislash, who uses king's shield to tank the max geyser. It's now a guessing game as to when it will use KS next. Anyhow I am either unlucky or make a mistake because he somehow beats Gyarados, and gets a swords dance in. So now Leon has a 62.5% chance to win:
+2 0 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 152-182 (93.2 - 111.6%)
But Leon, the former Champion of the Galar Region and all-round excellent trainer, decides to be a sport. He doesn't choose Shadow Sneak, letting me KO him with Shadow Ball.

6. Fun fact: King's Rock Boltund would be a big issue for this team. He trolls Dugtrio speed-wise (base 121 vs base 120), and can beat Dugtrio through flinch hax. He is obviously a big threat to Gyarados too. Dragapult can OHKO with Draco Meteor, but that has a 10% chance of missing. However, since Boltund isn't running a 31 speed IV, Dugtrio actually outspeeds (by one point!) and OHKOs with earthquake.

Overall, I think this team has a good bang-to-buck ratio. It's easily obtainable if, like me, you only have the "plain-vanilla" version of Sword/Shield. (Caveat: Dreepy/Drakloak have an encounter rate of 1-2% each so they are perhaps not 'easy', but the others, plus Stunky for memento, are common). Despite that, given some luck, they can get some good streaks out.

I'm not sure if I will continue the run past this point. I agree with other posters such as Eisenherz that getting long streaks is perhaps a little too straightforward if things like Gyarados + Dynamax are allowed, even if this team does feature the less-overpowered intimidate version. If I return to the Dynamax category, it will probably be with a novelty team. (Can you sweep Leon with a Magikarp? What if you can only use the eeveelutions? Pokemon with a BST of 500 or less? Pokemon found on Oleana's team? Pokemon from the in-game rental teams? Etc. Etc.)

Shield_proof_2.jpeg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)