SwSh DUU Championship (Won by SMB (who else))

Hi, can I un-sign up for the tournament? Something came up that's going to occupy me for the next 2 weeks and thought it would be unfair to any opponent if I dropped out later.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, sorry I totally forgot to get round 1 posted last night, so we'll have an extra day to play this week, meaning the deadline will be Monday, June 6th at 11:59 PM EST. Remember:
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss.
Given the number of subs, I will do an activity check on the evening of Thursday, June 2nd in order to ensure that everyone has scheduled their game publicly or have acknowledged in this thread that they have scheduled their game. If there is no evidence on the part of one or both players that shows they tried to schedule the game, they will be replaced by a substitute in the order of the subs list. Please try to schedule your games before Thursday, June 2nd.

Bracket: https://challonge.com/duuchamp2022
Usage stats: Coming not so soon

Smogon bracketmaker link: https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/7016/
Note: Ryan5374 wished to remove themselves from this tournament, so they have been replaced by the first sub, XerxesC.

Pairings:

Fraise  vs  jcbc
Mishimono  vs  Bilbooo
Crunchman  vs  HRCassetteTape
cleffa hater  vs  txitxas
Quairo  vs  heatedrhombus
NinjaSnapple  vs  Actuarily
bulufan14  vs  Yuichi
KyleCole  vs  luisin
hybone  vs  SMB
Runoisch  vs  entrocefalo
John1240  vs  Failbor
Huargensy  vs  Yellow Paint
Delta4  vs  MADARAAAA
JRL  vs  Lucky-Sama
Shadowmonstr7  vs  Memoric
CyndaKill-SH  vs  EqualsMC
Hugo47850  vs  brinxian
crying  vs  Gatubraz
GasaiYunoSan  vs  Xrn
WowieKazowee  vs  Arkado
Acinonyx  vs  Laz
giove97  vs  Enzonana.
Shaneghoul  vs martinvtran
wonderzikk vs  That Dude
gataen  vs  Mr.Bossaru
Frixel
vs. PSNotFound
Heafret  vs  Chris32156
RelicanthPrimal  vs  halaman95
Josepharas1  vs  Hervalt
Bless  vs  Yoda2798
IdolCian  vs  Tenzai
hunternoooob  vs  Neblina

Subs:

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
what does subs mean?
A single elimination tournament bracket works with powers of 2, so you can have 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, and 128 and so on in a bracket. Our closest number is 64, so that's how many players we have. Per Smogon guidelines, I used the bracketmaker (https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/7016/) to make the tournament. This creates a randomized bracket. Since we have more than 64 signups, however, this means unfortunately the later sign ups may not get in. I did explain in the thread that I will do an activity check on Thursday and any player who has not scheduled their game or contacted their opponent will be replaced by a sub. So check back in Thursday night to see if you get in.

Given the number of subs, I will do an activity check on the evening of Thursday, June 2nd in order to ensure that everyone has scheduled their game publicly or have acknowledged in this thread that they have scheduled their game. If there is no evidence on the part of one or both players that shows they tried to schedule the game, they will be replaced by a substitute in the order of the subs list. Please try to schedule your games before Thursday, June 2nd.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
As I said in my round 1 post, I'm doing an activity check tonight to ensure that the substitutes get a chance to play if people are not in contact with their opponent. There are a lot of people who, at the time of making this post, have not contacted or responded to their opponent. You have until 10:59 PM Central time tonight (roughly 2 and a half hours from the time of this post) to contact your opponent to schedule your game. Anyone who has not publicly communicated with their opponent or shown me in some form that they have a game scheduled or are trying to schedule will be subbed out.

Again, you have until 10:59 PM EST to contact your opponent to avoid being subbed out of the tournament. If you have already scheduled or played your first round games, or you are waiting for your opponent to respond to you, please disregard this post.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
Activity calls! Since there are quite a few of you who have only made contact today, I've decided to give some of those matchups a 24 hour extension. Tonight, I will just do the obvious sub calls and then tomorrow night I will sub everyone out who hasn't responded. I'm just trying to be as fair as possible and I know we have some people who are new to Smogon tournaments, so, cut them (and me heheh) some slack.

Mishimono vs. PenglinHeHe
Since mishi only made contact today at 4:42 PM my time, I will allow Penglin another 24 hours to respond. If they do not respond by tomorrow night, they will be subbed out.

Crunchman vs. HRCassetteTape

Since these two knuckleheads don't know who they are playing, this matchup and Yuichi's matchup will have another 24 hours to schedule.

Quairo vs. Rossing
Quairo posted very early Wednesday morning on Rossing's wall, there has been no response and Rossing hasn't been logged into Smogon since last Friday. Rossing is subbed out for heatedrhombus.

New pairing: Quairo vs. heatedrhombus

bulufan14 vs. Yuichi
See Crunchman vs. HRCassetteTape, 24 hour extension to schedule/make contact.

John1240 vs. Failbor
This substitution was a mistake. John and Failbor scheduled their game.

JRL vs. Lucky-Sama
These two have scheduled.

Shaneghoul vs. martinvtran
I erroneously subbed out martinvtran for Bilbooo thinking no contact had been made, but martin was able to prove to me that scheduling had occurred. I'll have to revert this sub and Bilbooo will be readded to the top of the substitute list. Sorry to everyone involved, the pairing remains the same.

idktbhlol vs. That Dude
That Dude posted on idktbhlol's wall on Tuesday, idktbhlol hasn't been on Smogon since May 24th. idktbhlol is subbed out for wonderzikk

New pairing: wonderzikk vs. That Dude

Panty&Stockings vs. Agentkeval
Neither player has made a public attempt to contact the other, I have not received any information regarding this game. I will double sub.

New pairing: Frixel vs. PSNotFound

XerxesC vs. halaman95
halaman95 posted on Xerxes' wall early Tuesday morning, there has been no response, and Xerxes was last seen on Smogon last Friday. XerxesC has been subbed out for Liakos

New pairing: Liakos vs. halaman95

hunternoooob vs. Neblina
These two are in contact and currently scheduling.

Please try to get your games done by Sunday, June 5th at 11:59 PM Central. If you have been subbed in and you need an extension, please contact me either in this thread or on discord (n10sit#4610) to let me know what you need. If you are a sub who didn't get in, check back tomorrow night as the final sub calls will be made then.

Bracket (updated): https://challonge.com/duuchamp2022

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)