Sylveon (reassigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sylveon

QC: 0/2

Overview

########

• +Great 130 Special Defense, backed by 95 Hit Points.
  • +Pure Fairy-typing allows for great resistances.
  • +Pixilate boosts the power of moves such as Hyper Voice, Hyper Beam, and Quick Attack
  • +Great defensive moovepool
  • -Has a mediocre 65 Defense stat
  • -Is completely walled by Mollux, Mega Venusaur, and Heatran
  • -Has a lackluster movepool on the offensive side
########
name: Specially Defensive Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Wish
move 3: Protect / Heal Bell
move 4: Hyper Voice
ability: Pixilate
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Sdef / 4 Satk
Nature: Calm

moves
========

• Calm Mind is your main move, allowing you to double, triple, or even quadruple your special bulk, as well as Hyper Voice's power
  • Wish is so that you have more turns to set up
  • Protect allows you to get wish recovery for free
  • Heal Bell can cure you if you get toxic used on you without switching
  • Hyper Voice is your choice of attack, with Pixilate and Calm Mind boosts at it's assistance
set details
=========

• EVs put in so you can last longer while setting up
  • You have the ability to OHKO anything that doesn't run assault vest or poison/steel type at +3 in the tier.
  • Nature to add to your special bulk
  • Pixilate boosts normal moves by 1.3 and changes their type from normal to fairy
usage tip
========
  • Take out all physical sweepers, Steel/Poison-types, and assault vest users before setting up.
team options
=======
  • Talonflame is a great partner, being able to snipe most physical Pokemon
  • Assault Vest Colossoil can take out most Steel and Poison-types, as well as snipe other Pokemon with Sucker Punch

########
name: offensive
move 1: Hyper Voice
move 2: Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fire
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Psychic / Psyshock
item: choice specs / pixie plate
EVs: 252 hp / 252 Satk / 4 Sdef
nature: Modest

move details
=========

• Hyper Voice is an insanely powerful STAB attack, with 90 Base Power, STAB Bonus, Pixilate Bonus, and Choice Specs bonus.
  • Hidden Power Fire is your way of dealing super effective damage to a Steel or Grass-type Pokemon, Hidden Power Ground can be used to hit Heatran and Mollux.
  • Shadow Ball can hit ghost types, namely Revanankh, Gengar, and Chandelure.
  • Psychic and Psyshock are your ways of hitting Poison types (HP Ground is better for Mollux) and the choice of which move you use is really just based on your team and preferences.
set details
========

• Hidden Power Ground is a 68.8 chance to OHKO a 252 hp / 4 sdef Heatran with specs
  • Hyper Voice OHKO's a good 1/5 of the tier at full hp
usage tip
========
  • Be careful what move you lock yourself into, as you can't change if you run specs
team options
========
  • Talonflame can snipe everything Sylveon doesn't
  • Mollux resists steel and poison, and is a great defensive partner.
  • Colossoil is still a great partner, seeing as it has super effective coverage on Sylveon's two weaknesses
########
set: Cleric
move 1: Hyper Voice
move 2: Heal Bell
move 3: Wish
move 4: Protect / Hidden Power Fire
item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sdef / 4 Satk

move details
########
  • Hyper Voice is your primary attack, and your backup in a situation like taunt
  • Heal Bell is what the set is named for, as this Sylveon's role is to be a bulky support Pokemon that cures other Pokemon of status
  • Wish is so that you can either restore your own health or heal up other Pokemon who have been severely damaged
  • Protect is your way of gaining back free health off of Wish
  • Hidden Power Fire is if you feel scared enough that you need Steel coverage
usage tip
########
  • Don't use this Sylveon on a team that isn't weak to status (yes they exist)
  • Don't pair this with a Guts, Flame Orb or Toxic Orb user.

team options
#########
  • As always, Colossoil is a great partner (as long as it isn't Guts)
A physically defensive partner such as Skarmory will benefit from Sylveon's special bulk
Other Options
#########
  • Cleric Sylveon is a great option, and it plays out similarly to the Calm Mind set.
  • Calm Mind offensive Sylveon is another way of showcasing sylveon's offensive talents
  • Quick Attack is a STAB and pixilate boosted fairy move, if you ever want to have priority
  • Assault Vest can work, if you want to be specially bulky without setting up calm minds
  • Lum Berry is an option if you don't want to lose to Toxic or Spore
  • Mental Herb can prevent you from being taunted.
Checks and Counters
#######
  • Air Balloon Heatran and Mollux make Sylveon cry, seeing as it can't touch them
  • Scizor deals amazing damage, just stay clear from Hidden Power Fire
  • Cawmodore is another good option, just make sure you have +6 before the Sylveon hits the battlefield
  • Metagross is a decent option, seeing as Hidden Power Fire and Shadow Ball do not OHKO it.
  • Skarmory can stall it enough to whirlwind it out, if Sylveon is using Calm Mind
  • Any other bulky steel type
  • Physically defensive poison types.
  • Chansey

Last edited:

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, so...

You left out the main Cleric set, which is Wish / Protect / Hyper Voice / Toxic or Heal Bell.
Also, the Specs set would be an OO, not a main set. It's only used in 9% of 1760+, as well as 2% overall; the better choice for an offensive set would be Pixie Plate. I know that OU embraces Specs over Pixie, but CAP has an incredibly important Fairy presence, and Sylveon needs to be able to switch moves.

Other than that, do GP checks yourself, make sure they correspond with the syntax of OU analyses. Also, run your sets past people before posting them.

Okay, so...

You left out the main Cleric set, which is Wish / Protect / Hyper Voice / Toxic or Heal Bell.
Also, the Specs set would be an OO, not a main set. It's only used in 9% of 1760+, as well as 2% overall; the better choice for an offensive set would be Pixie Plate. I know that OU embraces Specs over Pixie, but CAP has an incredibly important Fairy presence, and Sylveon needs to be able to switch moves.

Other than that, do GP checks yourself, make sure they correspond with the syntax of OU analyses. Also, run your sets past people before posting them.
HeaLnDeaL said post specs and Calm Mind...... I got insight from people

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think specs, cleric, and calm mind are all viable sets to consider. I think slashing specs with the pixie plate was probably a good move... Also, this is a WIP, just to clarify. I don't think we should be expecting people to have perfect syntax at this stage. That said, following the basic skeleton formatting should be done. (One of the things I noticed were the bullets in front of the pros/cons section at the top--I don't think they belong there)

We need a defensively bulky set. Its what Heal uses and its really good. I don't know the set so I'm tagging HeaLnDeaL because he does. We need flarz to be active just like stratagem.

I can attest that physically defensive cleric is good, probably better the specially defensive one. It still has more than enough special bulk to easily wall things like Cyclohm, while also handling physical attackers and Psyshock users such as Mega Gardevoir better.

252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 222-262 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 147-174 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

I don't know if there's a better EV spread that splits between the two defense stats, but I've used the above Sylveon on several teams to good effect.

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Spark's set above is what I use, although I put 4 EVs into Speed since there are a number of mons this avoids a speed tie with. Not sure it's that big of a deal. Anyway, we'll try to sort out what to do with inactive analyses once we get more current ones passed through. At this point, I'd strongly prefer having veterans do analyses on Sylveon and Strategem, but unfortunately all our veterans are trapped by the limit that forces us to have no more than two active analyses at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)