Tag-Team Wi-Fi League (Signups!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tag-Team Wi-Fi League

Welcome to the Tag-Team Wi-Fi League.​

What is the Tag-Team Wi-Fi Tournament?

This tournament will run similarly to Team Trials (which was on ShoddyBattle). Entrants will form teams of three. This tournamnet differs from Shoddy Team Trials in that a) The battles are played on Wi-Fi, obviously, and b) There will be OU, VGC, and Uber battles (instead of OU, Uber, and UU).​

Joining Rules:

Stolen from Team Trials
There are two ways to join. Either have your whole team post and confirm or sign up to be a free agent in a specific tier. As the sign-ups take place, you can call upon free agents to join your team. I will randomly select teams out of all the free agents to fill the gap in teams or if someone can't find a team to join. You'll have some time to come up with a team.

This will be a single elimination tournament. Ideally, I am looking for 8 teams, which means there will be 24 players in total. If a certain amount of time goes by and that quantity cannot be met, it will be shortened. All tiers will remain the same throughout the tournament. They will be based on what they were when signups were originally posted.

The sign-ups aren't completely first come, first serve. I maintain the right to decline a team/player if they're extremely new to Smogon or look to be very inactive.​

Teams are allowed one substitute for the entire tournament. Both battlers must confirm results of battles.​

Rules for UBER and OU Battles ONLY:
  • Evasion Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
You can change the tiers each round by one member sending me the new list each round. However, since some people may not send it in or want to change, the tiers you provide here will be your base tiers. If I don't receive a PM from a team member before the given deadline, it will remain as that base.

VGC Rules can be found in this thread. I'm not listing them here since it'd make this post unecessarily huge and most people who will sign up for VGC know the rules backwards and forwards anyway. If you have any questions, please ask! It is the player's responsibility to know the rules.​

Question and Answers:
  • Q: Is Weather banned?​
    • A: No. Since Weather is an important part of battlng, it is not banned in this tournament. Neither is Pursuit. If the Weather Glitch activates, try to play around it. You are not allowed to abuse the Weather Glitch though. Note: If both players agree to ban Weather and/or Pursuit, that's fine too.​
  • Q: Are HGSS moves allowed?
    • A: Yes. People have had the game for long enough to be able to get the Tutor Moves. HGSS Moves don't drastically affect OU and VGC Battles anyway.​
  • Q: Are there prizes?
    • A: I do not have Wi-Fi myself, so I cannot distribute prizes. However, if someone wants to handle donations and distribution of prizes, please contact me privately.​
  • Q: How can I arrange my battle?
    • A: Post in the thread, use instant messengers, and use PMs. Additionally, #smogonwifi on IRC is a good place to find active Wi-Fiers; you'll be able to arrange your battles easily and also find a good place to test out teams.​
  • Q: Are the new formes allowed?
    • A: No. The new formes are not allowed because they're not available to everyone.
  • Q: Is Arceus allowed?
    • A: No.
  • Q: Are legal hacks allowed?
    • A: No. Support the Wi-Fi Economy! Trade!!
  • Q: Can I name my team?
    • A: Hell yes. Coming up with clever names for your teams is encouraged.​
OU Free Agents:
Eiganjo
Monk
uclafan101
imperfectluck
TruffleHunter25
acehero8
Deschain
The Lost One
Happitan108
King leroy xiv
Age of Kings
Pestolover13
Super Soldier
Darkness Wolf
DerekG
iss988

Uber Free Agents:
Negator
Ditto
Fearthepika
TruffleHunter25
Flamingkid

VGC Free Agents:
-GZ-
imperfectluck
kakashi309
drcossack
Sixonesix
Pidgeot79
Sidd
Expert Evan
Cybertron

Teams (Confirmed teams are in boldface):

Team Parakeet:
Lightningfusion (VGC)
Tri-Darksouls (OU)
Syberia (Ubers)

Team Paprika:
Honchkrow (VGC)
wiinry (OU)
sasu (Uber)

Team Clueless:
Doomsday94 (VGC)
Komodo (OU)
Inevitable (Uber)

The Mighty Ducks of Pokemon:
xXaZniNvaZnXx (VGC)
Batpig (OU)
zerowing (Uber)

Team Elephant:
drcrossack (VGC)
Deschain (OU)
TruffleHunter25 (Ubers)

Team Jimbo:
imperfectluck (VGC)
Monk (OU)
Ditto (Ubers)

Team Inglourious Basterds:
Alakapimp (VGC)
EueuQ (OU)
Tyler422 (Uber)

Team Sex Panther:
macle (VGC)
Reyscarface (OU)
Jibaku (Uber)

Team " "1:
Expert Evan (VGC)
Nook (OU)
Negator (Uber)

Team " "2:
Sixonesix (VGC)
The Lost One (OU)
Tsubasa-kun (Uber)

Note: If I missed anything or you have a question/comment/concern, please let me know!

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
oh well then, ill be signing up then for an OU free agent spot ;)
since I have no good knowledge of the uber metagame and dont have the pokes for the vgc

Signing up, my team should be Tri-Darksouls (OU), Syberia(Ubers), and myself(VGC).

Unless they lied to me on IRC, this should be my team.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
2 questions I came across that weren't answered

1) Are new forms allowed?
2) Is Arceus allowed in Ubers?

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
2 questions I came across that weren't answered

1) Are new forms allowed?
2) Is Arceus allowed in Ubers?
Because of my opinion and the consensus in #smogonwifi, I'm going to say No Arcues and No new Formes (they're not available to everyone!)

Edit:

Also note to the free agents. We have a good number of you guys now. You can PM other free agents to try to arrange teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)