TailGlow's phone-in show (SPECIAL BONUS ROUND: Beef or Bust?)

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Sorry, that is not right, and neither post so far follows the rule. As a result, the jackpot drops to $996.

I'd like to see proof that Sijih won when we're tied and there's no proof that he won a /pick on showdown
I was told to pick a victor for that round by my boss, and thought that Sijih had a good story. Your opinions didn't count that round - the public only picks who wins if it says so in the post announcing a round.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Is the rule italicized characters?
No. The jackpot drops to $984. This post does, however, obey the rule. Since people seem to be struggling a bit, here's a clue: you will write posts that follow the rule without thinking about it, you don't need to go out of your way to do it.

You mentioned that you'll mark each post that follows the rule with a like- and there's nothing saying you can't lie in your subsequent posts, so...
is the rule that the sentence contains numbers?

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
is the rule high-quality posts?
No, but this does follow the rule.
You mentioned that you'll mark each post that follows the rule with a like- and there's nothing saying you can't lie in your subsequent posts, so...
is the rule that the sentence contains numbers?
No, and I'm sorry, I forgot about liking all the correct posts. I have now done it. Your post does not follow the rule. You have now lost $128 of the jackpot in total, leaving $872 - the next three guesses must provide the answer or you have spent all the prize money!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
the rule is you don't say the word "a"

although a lack of a Like on the previous page for a rule-abiding post has me doubting myself :tymp:

Last edited:

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
the rule is you don't say the word "a"

although a lack of a Like on the previous page for a rule-abiding post has me doubting myself :tymp:
No, you're not right. If I didn't make it clear, only posts between the one where I announced the game and the end of the game count. You are, however, probably the closest guess so far. Your post does not follow the rule, and nor does the one below it.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
OKAY going for broke:

the rule is the "t" count in your post cannot exceed 3

if im not right then i quit and i hate this game !!!!

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
OKAY going for broke:

the rule is the "t" count in your post cannot exceed 3

if im not right then i quit and i hate this game !!!!
No, this is not right. It also does not follow the rule. Sorry, there is no prize money left. You can still play to reduce the phone bills though! I will also offer another hint: take a look at my posts during the game. Can you see something a bit unusual somewhere?

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Welcome back, my loyal listeners. I apologise for my recent absence - I was shut down for a while as we had to deal with a dispute in the station about whether negative prize money was allowed, and those in power concluded you don't have to pay us anything for your extra guesses. You won't be winning anything, but I can tell you that the rule was no more than 3 letter Es.

Anyway, with that issue dealt with I'm back on air with more games. This week's game is "Spot the Mistake", which is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is find the mistake in the text below. Deadline next weekend, one post per person, one guess per post.

The car went down the lane, turned right into the field, and stopped. The field had a lot of different features: an oak tree covered in acorns, grass covering the surface like a layer of paint, a single house visible in the distance, two squirrels running, and many more details. You could spend all day staring into the distance and finding new things you had never noticed before, but the three occupants of the car had work to do. They carried a number of unusual items, all of which would be important. They headed to the far corner of the field, hoping no-one was watching them, for this was a secret plan and highly dangerous for anyone else to know about.

First to find the mistake wins a free movie night with popcorn and a voucher for their local pizza takeaway.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
The car went down the lane, turned right into the field (did it turn right, into the field, or did it turn right into the field??), (<-unnecessary comma here makes the meaning of this first sentence even more unclear and is thus also an error) and stopped. The field had (past tense) a lot of different features: an oak tree covered (past tense) in acorns, grass covering (present tense) the surface like a layer of paint, a single house ^was visible in the distance, two squirrels running (present tense), and many more details. You (2nd person, should be some other word) could spend all day staring into the distance and finding new things you (2nd person again) had never noticed before, but the three occupants of the car had work to do. They carried a number of unusual items, all of which would (past to future tense why??) be important. They headed to (should be 'headed towards' or rephrased to begin 'as they headed to') the far corner of the field, hoping (again you go from past to present tense in the same sentence) no-one was watching them, for this was a secret plan and highly dangerous for anyone else to know about.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
No, the mistake you're looking for is not a grammar one, and nobody is close to being correct so far.

I apologise for my team not being able to afford a grammar checker, but we are short of funds and thought that contestants would rather have money spent on prizes than testing the relevance of commas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)