To begin, I would like to say that if this set gets approved that I do not wish to write a full analysis (or any of it) if at all possible. I simply want the set verified. My justification for this set is that this particular set can only be used by three Pokemon, Smeargle, Tangela, and Tangrowth. This set is geared towards UU so Smeargle is out and Tangrowth has to high of an Hp Stat to make use of Endeavor.
Best case scenario: Setup Sunny Day as opponent breaks sash, Sleep opponent, Endeavor + Attack incoming Pokemon, and Endeavor the next. Effectively removing 3 Pokemon with minimal effort.
Here is the set...
name: Focus Sash
move 1: SolarBeam
move 2: Endeavor
move 3: Sleep Powder
move 4: Sunny Day
item: Focus Sash
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- This set is focused on setting up early sunshine as well as incapacitate a Pokemon with Sleep Powder.
- SolarBeam is your main attack coming off a Special Attack stat of 100. Endeavor or Sleep Powder make for a great follow-up move depending on your lead move (as well as the opponent's actions).
- Other Options include Energyball which is not dependent on sun but you will miss out on a strong STAB.
- Has great surprise factor~ but doesn't rely on it.
- Timid should also get a mention since it outspeeds all Base 95 Scarfers (This includes stuff like Moltres, Houndoom, Rotom, Hitmonlee) in the sun while outspeed neutral base 70s before a boost as well.
- Counters: Taunt, Trick Scarf
- Teammates: FlashFire Pokemon such as Arcanine or Houndoom will happily consume inevitable Fire attacks thrown at Tangela. Pokemon that abuse the sunny weather in general will enjoy a spot on Tangela's team. This set lures priority-attacks like no other so using teammates that resist said attacks are viable for a team spot.