Tangela

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
dropped on his wall -zard

[OVERVIEW]

• Tangela most often sees play on Stall or Balanced playstyles, thanks to its 361 Defense stat before Eviolite, access to Regenerator, and great support movepool in Leech Seed, Knock Off, and Toxic.
  • Tangela stands out in the tier for being able to blanket check Physical Attackers such as Gurdurr, Kangaskhan, and Togedemaru.
  • Tangela is cursed with a subpar base Special Defense of 40 and mediocre Grass typing which allows Special Attackers such as Oricorio, Magmortar, Mesprit, Eelecktross, and Jynx to force it out.

[SET]
name: Physically Defensive
move 1: Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Leech Seed / Synthesis
move 4: Toxic / Sleep Powder / Stun Spore
item: Eviolite
ability: Regenerator
nature: Bold
evs: 248 Hp/ 252 Def/ 8 SpDef

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Giga Drain or Leaf Storm is your main attacking move.
  • Knock Off and Status Moves cripple various Pokemon when they switch in.
  • Leech Seed and Synthesis are used for Recovery.

Set Details
========
  • Tangela runs 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpDef and Eviolite in order to maximize Defense while minimizing damage from Stealth Rock.
  • Regenerator ends up being the most useful ability on Tangela, as it allows it to recover whenever you switch.

Usage Tips
========

• Thanks to Regenerator, Tangela works well as a Defensive pivot, Coming in on physical attackers, clicking a move, then switching out into a check for your opponent's check.
  • Tangela is able to just come in for free on most physical attackers, with exceptions being those with taunt, Skuntank, and Mawile

Team Options
========
  • Good Spdef walls such as Audino, Type: Null, Assault Vest Magmortar, and Clefairy
  • Pokemon that absorb Knock Off well, such as Silvally-Fairy, Granbull, and Defensive Mawile

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

• Hidden Power Fire is an option to threaten Ferroseed.
  • 104 EVs in SpDef allows you to stop 2HKO's from Kingler Ice beam and random Hidden Power Fire/Ice Pokemon

Checks and Counters
===================

**Knock Off**: Gets rid of Eviolite, severely weakening Tangela's defenses.

**Special Attackers**: Pokemon such as Magmortar, Jynx, and Oricorio tend to threaten either 2HKO's or OHKO's on Tangela.

**Taunt Users**: Taunt temporarily cripples Tangela, as it only runs 1 attacking move.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Just joined track team so i haven't had much time as of late, i'll be working on this pretty much all day tho Megazard
should be ready by tonight

Reactions: asa

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Tack :] just my suggestion, but i would take this back to wip and work on it a bit more if you can, it lacks detail in a lot of places.
zard edit: this 100%, this is absolutely not close to ready for qc atm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)