ORAS PU Tangled Up (Tangela Balance)

upload_2016-9-28_17-31-57.png
upload_2016-9-28_17-32-3.png

I started with a good defensive core Tangela and Chinchou. These 2 for a great core, Tangela can take Ground type moves and grass type moves both of which Chinchou is weak too. Chincou can take Fire type on Flying types moves which Tangela is weak too, it can also spread status so Tangela doesn't have to use a slot with Stun Spore.

upload_2016-9-28_16-45-19.png
upload_2016-9-28_16-45-53.png
upload_2016-9-28_16-49-24.png
upload_2016-9-28_16-49-49.png

After this I wanted some offensive backbone which Kadabra fits and dish out damage pretty well and with heal bell on Chinchou it can be para'd and it won't matter as much if I didn't have heal beal, since it is super frail Tangela and Chinchou can help by switching into things it can't KO. Dodrio is the physical attacker of choice for this team as it can dish out damage nicely, for this team I opped for a Choice Scarf to help with Choice scarf users on other teams. Chinchou supports nicely with Volt Absorb and Tangela can switch into most rock types because it is the physically defensive set.

upload_2016-9-28_16-55-23.png

Next up is Murkrow which is an insteresting pick for this team, but it can stop many threats such as speed boost Ninjask which can end this team after a bp and Tailwind can help the team because Knock Off is a great move in this tier so if Dodrio's choice scarf gets Knocked Off it can still outspeed things. It is also a very annoying mon because of prankster. It can also shutdown Physical Attackers with Feather Dance.

upload_2016-9-28_16-55-23.png
upload_2016-9-28_17-32-35.png

Finally Armaldo is the spinner of choice as it can take physical hits well and can dish out damage, but it is the spinner of choice and has Stealth Rocks. It can deal out a beating as it has 125 attack which is maxed out with great stabs in Bug and Rock. It's weakness are handled as of this point so it has the support it needs.

In Depth:
upload_2016-9-28_20-27-13.png

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
This is a standard defensive set that can really tank hits and Knock Off can ruin a mon that needs it's item (like lefties and eviolite). It's main purpose is to switch too many types of offensive mons just not big Spatkers and stall them out. Not much more can be said about Tangela.

upload_2016-9-28_20-28-3.png

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Chinchou is a great defensive mon as it gets access to two of the most spammable moves, Scald and Volt Switch. If you can predict a ground type switch in you can click scald instead of Volt Switch so you don't do no damage. This can use heal bell to overall help the team and can defensively check a lot of things Tangela so they make a good core imo.

upload_2016-9-28_20-28-31.png

Kadabra @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

This is the standard offensive set and can rip through things and since it is really frail things it can't KO it can switch out into Chinchou or Tangela depending on the pokemon. Hidden Power Fire is so it can hit grass and steel types thing my team so far can't touch. The rest of the mons are standard coverage. This mon can pick up kills and that's it job and can check poison types for Tangela and overall helps the team.

upload_2016-9-28_20-28-53.png

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf/Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck/Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass

Dodrio provides a good offensive presence and can break many walls with Choice Band and gets a good boost with Choice Scarf. Baton Pass is an interesting choice but can be useful as it can can stop trapping perish song users in the tier which is rare but can still happen with certain teams. It has standard stabs and does it's job of wallbreaking.

upload_2016-9-28_20-29-44.png

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Foul Play
- Feather Dance

This can bring down attackers with a signal Feather Dance and Taunt can shutdown stall which is always nice. Foul Play is the only attacking move and it can be great if you predict a physical attacker coming in and click it and then Feather Dance. Tailwind is great support and does it's job of supporting the team. It will Taunt the Taunters as it has Prankster.

upload_2016-9-28_20-41-49.png

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Armaldo it a great setter and spinner with its good HP and defensive stats and I opped for the attacking one as it can deal out damage and has good stabs. It can bring down walls with ease with it's high Attacking stat and it doesn't need much coverage because of the rest team helps with that.

Threat list:

Clefairy: If Murkrow doesn't taunt this it can kill my team as Armaldo doesn't outspeed it and choice scarf doesn't kill if it is standard Calm Mind which is the better set

Articuno: Although Armaldo can kill this, all it's STAB attacks can 2HKO Armaldo no matter the set and can then the team. Kadabra dies. Chinchou can check it and para it but will take a good bit of damage doing only max 20%.

If you see any other threats you can leave them in the replies.

Attachments

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey! :) don't bump your thread so early. Give people a few days.

Anyway, I'm here to rate your team! It's certainly a cool team! I really enjoy the Tangela / Chinchou defensive core, especially. I also like the overall build-up of your team. However, there are certainly a few threats and things you can improve to make your match-up better versus these threats!

Threats:

Articuno / Lapras / The Move Freeze-Dry:
Freeze-Dry is a really broken move that means your Ice-check, Chinchou, is invalid.
Psyshock Mr. Mime: Your checks to common Psychic-types get demolished by Dazzling Gleam and Psyshock, so Mr. Mime can be a serious issue for this team.
Calm Mind Clefairy: It is difficult to prevent this from setting up, and your way to prevent it from setting up is currently Taunt Murkrow without Roost, which cannot touch Clefairy. Once set-up, it is difficult to beat this.
Muk: Your team has a hard time checking Muk, especially Curse Muk, as you don't have a Poison immunity. Once Muk gets a chance to set up and Kadabra is weakened, this can sweep right through your team.

>
The reason that I am suggesting this is because Armaldo really isn't doing anything for the team that we can't put on another mon, and checks these threats better. Armaldo is a huge trap for new players because people think it is great due to its access to Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, and high attack. However, it generally is outclassed. Metang is a great check to Muk, CM Clefairy, Mr. Mime, and Articuno. It also provides Stealth Rock, which your team will be missing without Armaldo. I'm also speed creeping common Probopass because it is good for your team to get rid of Probopass for Dodrio!

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

>
Without Armaldo, we also don't have hazard removal. However, I likely would have made this change anyway because what you currently have Murkrow doing, Vullaby does better. Vullaby is a much better check to stuff like Leafeon, and without Roost, your Murkrow has a hard time reliably switching in on these threats. If you feel as though your Curse Muk / Calm Mind Clef matchup isn't great after these changes, you can also run Taunt or Whirlwind on Vullaby over U-turn.

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn / Whirlwind / Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

>
Finally, your team is in dire need of a win condition. Swords Dance Leafeon is perfect for this, and it's still a decent EdgeQuake check, especially because you can run Synthesis. I will also be running Yache Berry to make your Lapras match-up more appealing.

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

That's all for mon changes, let's go through a few set changes.

Set Change for
This Kadabra set, which has a Focus Sash, Thunder Wave, and Encore, helps with the sweepers your team is having trouble with. In addition, it helps with your Articuno match-up, as it can Encore it into Substitute. I like your choice of Psyshock to help with Clefairy.

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Set Change for
Your set lacks reliable recovery, so Chinchou has a hard time checking what it needs to (Electric-types, Ice-types) with your set. This set will help check these Pokemon more reliably using Rest-Talk.

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Choice Scarf
It appeared that you were favoring this anyway, as it was the first slash on your team, but I just wanted to make it clear that this was the better item for your team! If you do not use this item, then your team will be lacking speed. Also Brave Bird is the better option, rather than Drill Peck; especially with a Choice Scarf, Drill Peck lacks power. Since we are running Brave Bird, you can't run Baton Pass D: legality issues. Therefore, run Pursuit instead!

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Overall changes:

>

>

>

Set Changes for:

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn / Taunt / Whirlwind
- Defog
- Roost

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

I put a lot of work into this rate so I really hope that these changes help you man :] have a great day and have fun with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)