Tatsugiri + Dondozo Gimmick (DOU)

Hey everyone, I hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving (If you celebrate it). In the past couple days I keep encountering teams using Tatsugiri + Dondozo and decided to make one as well but with a personal spin on it. A problem with the team though, is that it's a hit or miss, it works half the time and doesn't the other half. If you guys have any suggestions for this team, within this early metagame, please reply with your ideas! Anyways on to the team.

The Team
:Tatsugiri-Stretchy: :Dondozo:
First off, I started building this team around Tatsugiri & Dondozo as they're the main gimmick of the team. They pair well in doubles OU as when Tatsugiri is on the playing field at the same time when Dondozo is on the playing field, Dondozo immediately gets +2 in all stats (Except evasiveness & accuracy). The drawback, unfortunately, is that Dondozo cannot switch out at all & Tatsugiri cannot do any action moves, including being targeted, doing moves, or switching out as well. (This can easily be fixed by giving it a toxic orb).

:Tatsugiri-Stretchy: :Dondozo: :Indeedee-F:
I decided that when Tatsugiri dies, Dondozo is most likely going to be on low HP as well, so I would want a support mon to either heal Dondozo or to redirect incoming attacks. This role is fitted perfectly by Indeedee-F with a great supporting movepool.

:Tatsugiri-Stretchy: :Dondozo: :Indeedee-F: :Jolteon:
To help get Tatsugiri out of the playing field quicker I decided to add Jolteon to the team. This helps accomplish our goal by hitting our own Tatsugiri with a volt switch, into Dondozo. This will lessen Tatsugiri's total HP, allowing it to succumb to its toxic orb faster.

:Tatsugiri-Stretchy: :Dondozo: :Indeedee-F: :Jolteon: :Flamigo:
Next up I felt like I needed another gimmick or a more safe option in case our main gimmick didn't work well. This is why I decided to add Flamigo (Why didn't they just name it Flamingo??). Its ability costar lets us copy all of our allies' stats, which pairs extremely well when Dondozo has +2 in every stat.

:Tatsugiri-Stretchy: :Dondozo: :Indeedee-F: :Jolteon: :Flamigo: :Dragonite:
Last up, I felt I needed to add a set-up sweeper of some kind that would compliment Flamigo pretty well, in case Dondozo died before Flamigo can enter the battlefield. That's why I added Dragonite to the team, as it is a pretty good (albeit standard) set-up sweeper.

Stats
:xy/Tatsugiri-Stretchy:
Tatsugiri-Stretchy (Tatsugiri) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Commander
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Endure
- Draco Meteor
- Muddy Water
- Taunt

The main EV’S on Tatsugiri was placed into Speed and Sp.Atk, To allow it to be hit for more damage from enemy (and Jolteon)’s attacks. Its moveset includes Endure, to make sure it isn’t OHKO’d by our own, or the enemy’s Pokemon, before we can switch Dondozo in. Next up is some damaging + stab moves like Draco Meteor & Muddy Water, for if Dondozo dies before Tatsugiri, or if it seems more beneficial to keep Tatsugiri in another team before Dondozo enters the playing field. Last up is Taunt, which I decided to add in hopes to stop people from using Spore or any other kind of status moves on this Pokemon or hopefully Dondozo, as it switched in. One last thing to note is that Tatsugiri is in its Stretchy form to allow Dondozo to get buffs to their attack stat.

:xy/Dondozo:
Dondozo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Aqua Tail
- Order Up
- Rock Slide

Next up is Dondozo. Its main EV’S was placed with the goal of survivability. This would allow Flamigo to copy its boosts (as it would need to survive a while before Tatsugiri died), or for Indeedee-F to Psych up its stats as well. Its moveset includes Protect, to heal a little bit more from leftovers, and to allow it to pass a turn without being attacked in any way, allowing Tatsugiri to take more poison damage. Its next move is solely for damage, such as Aqua Tail, a physical Stab move. Order Up, to boost its current attack stat higher, and rock slide, to hit both enemy Pokemon on the field at once. Dondozo was given Leftovers to have it survive longer in battle. One more thing to mention is that Dondozo is given Unaware, to nullify any other enemy Dondozo’s / Pokemon from setting up).

:xy/Indeedee-F:
Indeedee-F (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 84 HP / 244 Def / 96 SpA / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Heal Pulse
- Psych Up
- Stored Power

Indeedee-F plays as the main supporting role for this team, with it’s EV’S placed to even its Atk & Sp.atk, and a little in Speed (to outspeed most Pokemon once it’s Psych Up’ed Dondozo). Its supporting moves are Follow Me, to redirect any moves towards Indeedee-F and away from allied Pokemon. Heal Pulse, in hopes to heal Dondozo or any other allied Pokemon. Psych Up, to also have the same boosts as Dondozo. And finally, Stored Power. It's a stab attacking move that does major damage once it uses Psych Up on Dondozo. Indeedee-F was given Leftovers to have it survive longer in battle.

:xy/Jolteon:
Jolteon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Tera Blast

Jolteon is purely on this team to be able to hit a Volt Switch, before any other Pokemon does a move, to pivot into Dondozo, its other moves are for coverage. Its stats reflect its goal, with max Speed and the remainder being placed in Sp.Atk, to deal the most damage to Tatsugiri or other Pokemon. Its moveset consists of Volt Switch, to be used on our Tatsugiri. Thunderbolt, a more damaging stab move to be used on enemy Pokemon. Shadow Ball, a great coverage move against enemy ghost types. And Tera Blast (Fire) to deal with any enemy steel types. Jolteon was also given a choice scarf to guarantee it moves before any other Pokemon.

:xy/Flamigo:
Flamigo @ Life Orb
Ability: Costar
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Protect
- Liquidation

Flamigo’s EV’S are purely offensive, being placed to maximize Speed and Attack. Its movepool consists of Close Combat, a powerful Stab Move, Brave Bird, another powerful Stab Move, Protect, a useful move to avoid any movies directed towards Flamigo that turn, and Liquidation, a good coverage move. Flamingo was also given a Life Orb to maximize its offensive potentiality. This Pokemon is also the second gimmick of the team, with it's ability copying any stat changes from allied Pokemon.

:xy/Dragonite:
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Last up is Dragonite. It’s EV’S being, just like Flamigo, purely offensive, with max Attack and Speed. Its movepool is Extreme Speed, a great priority move with high base power. Dragon Dance, to give it set-up potential, and to pair well with Flamigo. Dragon Claw, a powerful stab move. And lastly Earthquake, an amazing coverage move that hits all Pokemon on the field. Dragonite was given Leftovers to give it longevity, and in hopes to keep Multiscale active. One thing to note is that Dragonite’s Tera Type is Normal typed, to boost the damage of Extreme Speed.

That was my team! Again, if you have any suggestions, or anything to point out, please leave a reply, as I read them all! I would also love to see some Tatsugiri + Dondozo teams that you guys have created (or will create)! :)

Wouldn’t you prefer psychic surge on indeedee? This would boost the power of stored power while also negating priority (although come to think of it that wouldn’t be helping dragonite) your thoughts?

(also could you post the paste please)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)