is a Tiering Contributor
upload_2016-8-7_0-39-1.png
upload_2016-8-7_0-39-24.png
upload_2016-8-7_0-39-43.png
Taystee
upload_2016-8-7_0-41-28.png
upload_2016-8-7_0-41-47.png
upload_2016-8-7_0-42-1.png

Hi. I'm PTF and today I'm posting my first RMT that features some of my favourite mons including Klang and Lumineon.

Following the ban of Machoke and the dreaded Dynamic Punch, I've regained interest in battling and consequently started building many teams. Among those teams, I've been using the Klang team named Taystee for a while and with a lot of success. I've won tourneys with it and reached to the #2 of the ladder. Taystee is a balanced team with notable momentum and is reliable in battles and against ladder.

So without further ado, I present the team.
upload_2016-8-7_0-39-1.png

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed

Gourgeist-Super is this teams resist to ground, water, normal and grass types. It can check or counter many of PU’s premier offensive Pokemon such as Golem, Leafeon, and Stoutland. Gourgeist Ghost typing also allows it to work as the teams spinblocker. The set is standard with Will-O-Wisp to spread burns and cripple offensive mons, Foul Play to punish set up sweepers, Synthesis for reliable recovery as well as leech seed for some momentum and to wear off mons.

upload_2016-8-7_0-39-24.png

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic

What I love about Lumineon is that it provides excellent role compression to this team. Lumineon is the teams primary water check and hazard control while being a slow pivot that creates appreciated momentum.

upload_2016-8-7_0-39-43.png

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Ferno was added because of its resistances to Grass, Ice and Dark types mons notably Pawniard, Cryogonal, Rotom-Frost and Leafeon. I chose U-turn over SD because I felt momentum was more important to the team. Mach punch is the teams only priority move which helps in cleaning mons that have taken chip damage from rocks.

upload_2016-8-7_0-41-28.png

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Rotom-F was added to complete the Ferno-Frost core. Rotom F revenge kills, tricks and carries momentum. It punishes bulky mon like Audino and Clefairy with a scarf. Outspeeds Floatzel which is always handy and is just great at wallbreaking in general.

upload_2016-8-7_0-41-47.png

Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Klang was added as an additional normal check for the team and as late-game win con. It great steel-typing and resistance to psychic, dark, grass, fairy and dragon moves was also very beneficial to the team. I wanted a resist that wouldn’t make the team more passive than it already is which is why Klang was chosen. The rest-talk set also elongates the team’s longevity on the field and made the team more reliable.

upload_2016-8-7_0-42-1.png

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Stunfisk is my main answer to PU’s most loved fighting type – Monferno. I chose Fisk over other Ferno checks because of it’s ability to deal with other momentum teams and absorb electric attacks. Fisk also provides SR and is a defensive blanket check.

Notable threats:
- NP Mr. Mime can destroy this team. My only way around is by playing smart. I either para with Fisk, trick it with a scarf and lock it in one move or try to hit it with Klang.
- NP Misdreavus is also threatening.
- Fire types including Ninetales and Simisear make this team scream in fear.

Import: http://pastebin.com/xm1HqDYp
Shoutouts: In no particular order Teddeh Anty Akir 2xTheTap MaroGod PokemonmasterTj cryalot Slowbroth GeneralAnnoyance Tect Dundies RawMelon Optical Real ManOfMany TONE114 Eternally Anonymous Man Megazard The Jungle Fox 5gen VeryPinkPancakes Dell Thisbemyalt galbia Dibs The Dreamer

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi

I'm not very good at rating teams but I saw how lonely it was so I thought I'd leave my 2 cents. I'd suggest trying out the Metang + Gabite core instead of Klang and Stunfisk. The reason being, Metang still gives you a normal check but can also function as a Mime check, (specifically Nasty Plot) which your team can struggle with. Metang also pairs nicely with Monferno by having the ability to pursuit trap annoying Psychic types. Metang is also a bit more reliable against Muk (which obviously dropped after you made this team). Gabite is a nice > Fisk here because it still gives you that crucial Volt Switch stop while still handling many of the mons that Fisk would normally check but has the added bonus of checking most fire types which Fisk could not reliably do.

On Monferno I'd recommend using Swords Dance > U-Turn. Removing Klang gave your team no real win condition so Swords Dance is more appropriate here. Also I'm personally not a huge fan of U-Turn Ferno on more passive teams such as this one and would rather use it to break a few things.

Not sure how to fix the NP Missy problem honestly lol, but hope I helped anyways.

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Hi

I'm even worse than Raw at rating teams because this is the first one, lol, but I have some thoughts for you. I'd suggest trying Scarf Simipour instead of Scarfed Frostom as it helps you with your main weaknesses as it checks fire-types, eases the matchup on Missy by making it lose it's bulk and also checking Mime. It gives you a strong revenge killer that can also wallbreak under the certain circunstances. Scarfed Float could be used if you miss momentum that much, but Knock Off is appreciated on your team. Both may run fighting coverage to scare out Lapras and Regice and not be a switch in to both (Simi already does that to both with Knock, but it's an option)
I also suggest running Pelipper over Lumineon. I'm personally a fan of Lumi but Peli fits this team better. It checks water-types just as good as Lumi but it's got reliable recovery, and the neutrality to rock is not important as you have Gourg to keep things like Golem in check. Pelipper gives you a slower U-turn and a more reliable way to Defog due reliable recovery. Also take a look at Hurricane, it's a nice choice in order to not make Peli so passive aswell as check grass-types better and ease the pressure on Gourg.
Colbur Gourgeist over Lefties is also a must-say as your team pressures Monferno a lot as it's pretty much your only Dark-type check and it also is pressured to check a lot of other things, such as Ice-types and Grass-types that your team doesn't handle that well.

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Superpower
- Ice Beam

OR

Floatzel @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Low Kick
- Baton Pass / Switcheroo

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Foul Play
- Synthesis

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn / Hurricane

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)