Team "Currently Undefeated"

Current Record (DS): 6-0

Whoa, crazy huge amount of wins, no? Lol, I am not trying to be cocky, I just didn't care to think of a proper name for the team at the time I posted. Forgive me =P

Roserade
Timid | Focus Sash
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Sleep Powder
-Toxic Spikes
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire 70

Roserade's main focus is to send the opponent's lead into a deep sleep, then Toxic Spike the crap out of its antagonists. STAB Leaf Blade puts a dent in anything it touches, and HP Fire deals with Scizor and other pesky Pokemon that resist Leaf Storm. Though many opponents enjoy using Steel-types and Levitators, Toxic Spikes has proved its worth, and it is absolutely vital to this team.

Dusknoir
Impish | Leftovers
252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
- Shadow Sneak
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Roserade really hates Machamp, so Dusknoir is appropriate for both physical and special coverage. Will-O-Wisp takes care of the nasty physical sweepers, and Seismic Toss comes as a great surprise to those who are accustomed to seeing standard Dusknoir. Seismic Toss is rarely seen on the DS and it gives Dusknoir the edge over opponents with the help of Pain Split and Roserade's Toxic Spikes.

Swampert
Relaxed | Leftovers
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Surf
- Stealth Rock

Swampert gets a 10/10 in Roserade support. To begin, Swampert takes Fire and Ice attacks like a beast. Roserade covers Swampert's sole Grass weakness, with resistance x4. Swampert is excellent for supporting Toxic Spikes because it hits both Steel types and Levitators. Earthquake will deal massive STAB damage to the likes of Heatran and Metagross. Surf works well against Skarmory, and it is useful for wearing down Skarm's Roost PP. Stealth Rock punishes flying-type Pokemon that avoid toxic spikes. Roar takes care of anything that threatens to set up and can spread poison and SR damage quickly.

Metagross
Adamant | Lum Berry
232 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 8 Spe
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

Metagross is the physical powerhouse of the team. His attack is downright dangerous, and Ice Punch comes as a huge surprise to unsuspecting Celebi and Flygon who look to 2-3HKO. Bullet Punch is the only priority move after Dusknoir's pathetic Shadow Sneak. Lum Berry gives Meta a free turn to reek havoc, whether it is raising its attack with Meteor Mash or catching the opponent off-guard with an elemental punch.

Changes under consideration: Agiligross: Agility | Bullet Punch | Ice Punch | Earthquake (66 HP | 252 Atk | 192 Spe)

Heatran
Mild | Choice Scarf
6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass 70
- Explosion

What isn't good about this Heatran? Heat Wave is one of the most underrated Fire attacks in the game, boasting more power than Flamethrower and greater accuracy than Fire Blast. Both Heat Wave and Earth Power deal with those Pokemon that resist Toxic Spikes. Hidden Power Grass is a surprise OHKO for Swampert. Explosion is used to take out healing walls, such as Blissey in a SkarmBliss combo. Explode on the right Pokemon and the entire chemistry of an opponent's team will cease to exist.

Changes under consideration: Timid with Hidden Power Electric 70

Flygon
Naive | Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Ah, Flygon, where would this team be without you? Let me give you the top five threatening Pokemon this Flygon has owned:
1. Heatran
2. Azelf
3. Infernape
4. Celebi
5. Skarmory
Hey Skarmory... Suppriez! I blow fire too :). Choice Scarf allows Flygon to outspeed all of these Pokemon with ease. I like to save this Flygon for the common late-game Heatran and Infernape. It's got me out of tons of pickles, and it is easily the MVP of this team.

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Interesting team you have yourself, I have a few suggestions that may help your team out! Before I get into my rate I would like to say that if you were trying to make a catchy title by saying "Currently Undefeated" while it's only 6-0 especially since this is a Wi-Fi team, this just gives off a negative image of yourself and your team.

This team can easily be swept by Taunt + 3Attack Gyarados. Who can easily enter on Dusknoir or Swampert as well as Heatran once they realize it is scarf. You're initial response to Gyarados would be to Will-O-Wisp with Dusknoir or Roar with Swampert. Gyarados can prevent that with Taunt and always obtain 1 Dragon Dance. Then leaving you to switch into Metagross who on this team is the only pokemon to have a supper effective move against Gyarados. Earthquake is a OHKO if Gyarados has Life Orb. Lets say if Metagross wasn't in play and was already Ko'd then Gyarados would be easily able to sweep your team.

This team also has trouble against Chesto Rest Kingdra and lesser degree to Subsitute Kingdra. While both sets are able to set up quite easily on Dusknoir garunteeing one Dragon Dance. Then being able to take down a few pokemon with it for instance against the Chesto Rest set you would switch in Flygon to supposedly "ko" with Dragon Claw which doesn't happen because Flygons Dragon Claw only does 69.7% - 82.6%. As for the Substitute set your initial switch in would be Swampert which takes quite a chunk from Outrage while you Roar it out.

With this said I would higly suggest if that you switch Dusknoir over to Rotom. I hate to break it to you but Dusknoir infact is outdated in the current metagame and many other people would agree to this statement. By using Pain Split Rotom over Dusknoir this will allow you to handle Gyarados much easier as well as many common steel types such as Metagross. I would even recomend you try testing out Subsitute over Will-O-Wisp since that would allow you to take full use of
Toxic Spikes.

Rotom - H @ Leftovers | Levitate
Bold | 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Thunderbolt | Willow - Wisp | Pain Split | Shadow Ball

As for your Flygon you should switch over Dragon Claw with Outrage. Allowing you to OHKO Kingdra doing 104.6% - 123.5%. Outrage in general lets you hit harder and provides you Ko's that Dragon Claw doesn't. This allow allows you to OHKO the common Dragonite: Mixnite, Anti-Lead, and Dragon Dance etc;

Your current Metagross suprises me because a set such as Agility Metagross in place of that would provide you so much more use, allowing you to pull off a late game sweep when your opponents pokemon are at low health. After the agility this allows you to outspeed pokemon such as scarf Heatran and even scarf Rotom.

Metagross @ Lum Berry | Clear Body
Admant | 66 HP | 252 Atk | 192 Speed |
Agility | Meteor - Mash | Zen Headbutt | Earthquake

I would also suggest that you use Hidden Power (Ground) for Heatran leads or even Hidden Power (Ice) for Dragonites.
---
Good Luck :toast:

Hi Shwheelz,

On Heatran and Flygon, considering using a Timid and Jolly/Adamant nature, respectively. There's no need to use natures that lower your one of your defensive stats; Heatran's Explosion will OHKO Blissey after Stealth Rock damage anyway, and Flygon still retains the ability to 2HKO Skarmory with Fire Blast.

I could definitely see the team having some problems dealing with Taunt Gyarados, so you could try out Hidden Power Electric on Heatran instead for revenge killing. You've listed Grass as an option for taking out Swampert, but you'll need to predict correctly to gain that kill. The fact that you're using Roserade and Toxic Spikes also ensures that enemy Swampert won't be much of a problem. You could also try out an EV spread of 252 HP / 88 Def / 12 SpDef / 156 Spe on Roserade to give it some extra bulk.

Roserade should really have HP Dark in case of Taunt Azelf, you want that bastard out the way quick
I'm not new to competitive battling, but I'm new to the maths part, explain?
If you don't understand damage calculations, you are likely very new to competitive battling in reality. Dark is among the most useless of all Hidden Power typings, so it wouldn't work well as a replacement.

What UuluM is saying is that Leaf Storm already deals 116.1% - 136.6% damage to the standard Lead Azelf. No matter which attack Roserade uses, only a 2HKO will be achieved if Azelf is holding a Focus Sash. Shwheelz also has Dusknoir to switch into Explosion, if necessary.

Good luck with your team!

Interesting team you have yourself, I have a few suggestions that may help your team out! Before I get into my rate I would like to say that if you were trying to make a catchy title by saying "Currently Undefeated" while it's only 6-0 especially since this is a Wi-Fi team, this just gives off a negative image of yourself and your team.

This team can easily be swept by Taunt + 3Attack Gyarados. Who can easily enter on Dusknoir or Swampert as well as Heatran once they realize it is scarf. You're initial response to Gyarados would be to Will-O-Wisp with Dusknoir or Roar with Swampert. Gyarados can prevent that with Taunt and always obtain 1 Dragon Dance. Then leaving you to switch into Metagross who on this team is the only pokemon to have a supper effective move against Gyarados. Earthquake is a OHKO if Gyarados has Life Orb. Lets say if Metagross wasn't in play and was already Ko'd then Gyarados would be easily able to sweep your team.

This team also has trouble against Chesto Rest Kingdra and lesser degree to Subsitute Kingdra. While both sets are able to set up quite easily on Dusknoir garunteeing one Dragon Dance. Then being able to take down a few pokemon with it for instance against the Chesto Rest set you would switch in Flygon to supposedly "ko" with Dragon Claw which doesn't happen because Flygons Dragon Claw only does 69.7% - 82.6%. As for the Substitute set your initial switch in would be Swampert which takes quite a chunk from Outrage while you Roar it out.

With this said I would higly suggest if that you switch Dusknoir over to Rotom. I hate to break it to you but Dusknoir infact is outdated in the current metagame and many other people would agree to this statement. By using Pain Split Rotom over Dusknoir this will allow you to handle Gyarados much easier as well as many common steel types such as Metagross. I would even recomend you try testing out Subsitute over Will-O-Wisp since that would allow you to take full use of
Toxic Spikes.

Rotom - H @ Leftovers | Levitate
Bold | 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Thunderbolt | Willow - Wisp | Pain Split | Shadow Ball

As for your Flygon you should switch over Dragon Claw with Outrage. Allowing you to OHKO Kingdra doing 104.6% - 123.5%. Outrage in general lets you hit harder and provides you Ko's that Dragon Claw doesn't. This allow allows you to OHKO the common Dragonite: Mixnite, Anti-Lead, and Dragon Dance etc;

Your current Metagross suprises me because a set such as Agility Metagross in place of that would provide you so much more use, allowing you to pull off a late game sweep when your opponents pokemon are at low health. After the agility this allows you to outspeed pokemon such as scarf Heatran and even scarf Rotom.

Metagross @ Lum Berry | Clear Body
Admant | 66 HP | 252 Atk | 192 Speed |
Agility | Meteor - Mash | Zen Headbutt | Earthquake

I would also suggest that you use Hidden Power (Ground) for Heatran leads or even Hidden Power (Ice) for Dragonites.
---
Good Luck :toast:
I really appreciate this post. To begin with, I wasn't trying to be cocky with the name or anything; I honestly just didn't care to think of a good one.

As for Flygon Outrage, it was pure stupidity on my part. Using Outrage > Dragon Claw went right over my head, and that will be replaced immediately.

Rotom - H is not an option because I do not use alternate forms on wifi. Hopefully Nintendo will release an update, but I don't see that happening in the near future. Standard Rotom < Dusknoir.

I like the idea of Agiligross, but I really like HP Fire on Roserade, which means I will want to keep Ice Punch. Bullet Punch comes in handy as well, especially because it is my only priority move that deals good damage. I may end up running a moveset like Agility | Ice Punch | Bullet Punch | Earthquake. Meteor Mash is rarely used, and if I replace HP Grass with HP Electric on Heatran, Meta won't miss Thunderpunch. This will give me access to a move to deal heavy damage to the likes of Jirachi.

Thanks much for the CnC!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

After switching out Dusknoir for the suggested Rotom, and going with an Agiligross over your current set, I think you're left with a really solid team. To take further advantage of T-Spikes though, I'd suggest trying out a Life Orb Taunt Heatran over your current one, and it also rapes stall single-handedly. Flygon checks most of the faster threats, and Heatran really appreciates the extra power. The 3 biggest checks to this Heatran: Vaporeon, Suicune and Blissey all take a huge beating from Toxic Spikes. The moveset I suggest is Fire Blast/HP Grass/Earth Power/Taunt.

You have a pretty big Starmie weakness, as it 1-2HKOs all of your Pokes, and if Roton comes in to block Spin, it is easily taken out by 2 Life Orbed Surfs. So, I'd suggest making Roserade a mid-game bulky Toxic Spiker. This guy is never KOed by a Life Orb Surf + Ice Beam, while OHKOing back with Grass Knot. Roserade can then either proceed to set up Spikes or simply Rest up. The set I have in mind is Grass Knot/Toxic Spikes/HP Fire/Stun Spore or Rest, with an EV spread of max HP and Sp Def with a Calm nature. You can choose Stun Spore to badly cripple opposing sweepers, or Rest for healing. Swampert can be moved to the lead spot.

Nice team, and gl!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)