Team =D (OU)

=] Hello smogon community, I am frogbandit, a newbie to this game. This is my first RMT (as well as my first team) so I need all the help I can get. I welcome any constructive criticism =D

Btw, I've been winning about 60 percent of games. Also, I cant think of a name =/

Edit will be in RED

My Team at a glance:

In -depth:

The Anti - Lead
Lucario

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Lonely / Inner Focus
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Close Combat
~ Counter
~ Extremespeed
~ Crunch

This dude is one of my favorite anti-leads because it has a good STAB with Close Combat, a stong priority move in Extremespeed, and an ideal counter user with Inner focus. After recently switching Swampert for him, I've been having considerably more success. Close combat and extremespeed are used to beat down leads like bronzong and swampert, while counter I use for leads that like to attack first. Crunch is here mainly to get deal with commonly used psychic and ghost leads like Azelf. Also, Lucario is immune to sandstorm and fake out (gptta love that inner focus). Focus sash is to get that extra hit in if im earthquaked. i wanna put ice punch in there, but dont want to take anything out...

- Close Combat, simple as that
- CRUNCH
- Once again, close combat
- close combat, extremespeed
- see above
- switch out to gengar or latias now swampert!
- close combat and extremespeed or swampert
- close combat
- see above, or swampert

The Revenge Killer
Gengar

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Modest / Levitate
4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power (Ice)
~ Focus Blast

Ive been debating whether I should use Latias or Gengar as my revenge killer, but prefer Gengar for a couple of reasons. First, choice scarf with 252 MAX EVs means that it outspeeds about anything without a choice scarf. Second, STAB shadow ball is VERY effective against anything that doesnt resist it. T-bolt is obvious, and Hidden Power is for those pesky dragons, flying, or grass. Yet another reason I like gengar is its Immunity to ground, fighting, normal, AND poison. Im debating over focus blast, or psychic becuase: focus blast seems to hate me, and Im constantly pursuited by darks. help plz?

BulkyGyara
Gyarados

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant / Intimidate
156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spd
~ Taunt
~ Stone Edge
~ Waterfall
~ Dragon Dance

Standard Bulky Gyara, and this set is working pretty well for me. Taunt and Dragon Dance are awesome. Although I used to have an offensive, I felt that it got destroyed early game so I switched to bulky. This set takes advantage of Gyrados's access to taunt, which kills walls and such. Taunt is also great for preventing set ups like Calm Mind or DD, and preventing stealth rock set up. Even with the less EVs, this thing is pretty powerful especially after a dragon dance. Stone Edge is there for other gyrados switch ins/flyings. Waterfall is buff STAB after a dragon dance.

Offensive Calm Mind
Latias

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid / Levitate
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
~ Calm Mind
~ Surf
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Grass Knot

Like I said, I prefer this as a calm mind sweeper rather than a revenge killer. After a Calm Mind, dragon pulse and surf are quite powerful. Also, she is faster than most other dragons like salamence that dont have a scarf. The reason I prefer Grass Knot over Tbolt is for Swampert, which could kill my team since this is my only grass move. There are a couple reasons I like dragon pulse over draco meteor. 1. The accuracy is a lot better (I have bad luck with accuracy :( and 2. I hate the spA decrease after a draco meteor.

SD User/Tank
Swampert

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Atk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Thanks to franky for this suggestion that has worked well since. Since I had both a weakness to DD Tyranitar and I needed a stealth rock user, Swampert is a solution. Also, I can roar out walls that get in my way or ice beam dragons (almost like cresselia) With its tank HP and Def, Swampert is almost guaranteed to get up Stealth Rock, which is necessary for my team.

The Nasty Plot Sweeper
Infernape

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive / Blaze
64 Atk / 222 Spd / 222 Spa
~ Close combat
~ Hidden Power {Ice}
~ Fire Blast
~ Nasty Plot

After a Nasty Plot boost, MixApe Infernape is very destructive. I've swept many teams with this set. Nasty Plot on the switch, and attack attack attack. I added more speed to this set because I didn't want to be outspeeded by an earthquake or something that could end my sweep. Hidden Power Ice is perfect against dragons like Salamence and Dragonite. Sadly, my fire blast usually misses when I need it most...but I dont want to give up its power so I dont think Im switching to flamethrower anytime soon. Infernape is my switch in against Weavile, Blissey, or any other Ice types.

So there it is....my first team....plz rate!

Threat list!

Aerodactyl: I can usually take this down with lucario, but if not i go with swampert or latias.

Alakazam: I have gengar

Azelf: lucario with crunch and extremespeed kills this thing

Breloom: god I hate sporers. With this, I try to get an extremespeed in with lucario, then I switch to infernape

Dragonite: not that much of a threat because I have hidden power ice on infernape and latias usually outspeeds with a dragon pulse

Dugtrio: Latias has surf and grass knot

Electivire: Swampert if he doesnt have HP grass

Empoleon: I always go with Latias if I still have it, or swampert if it has ice beam

Flygon: Swampert can switch in, but I always have my gengar with HP ice and shadow ball ready

Gengar: Gengar is very tricky. I hope I can outspeed it with my gengar with choice scarf.

Gyarados: hopefully my gengar can take it down

Heatran: choice it into someting and come back with gengar

Heracross: A toughy. I hope I still have infernape for this one.

Infernape: can be handled by either latias or gyrados

Jirachi: Hah, lucario.

Jolteon: kinda dangerous, with choice specs, but I can usually take it down with either infernape or swampert

Kingdra: I can beat this with grass knot or my own gyarados to stop it from yawning

Latias: very annoying, especially with recover. My infernape can hopefully HP ice before it gets a surf in, or hope my latias is faster.

Lucario: Infernape can usually deal with him...

Machamp: Dam this thing is tough with dynamic punch...I hope I have my laitas

Magnezone: Infernape can counter, or use earthquake on swampert..

Mamoswine: Mixed sets are sorta tricky, but hopefully I can get it with Infernape or swampert

Metagross: It is very difficult to switch in, so usally I stick with my fighting types: lucario or infernape w/ fire blast

Porygon-Z: Quite easy to kill with lucario or infernape

Rhyperior: I have both gyarados and latias

Salamence: latias outspeeds if it doesnt have a scarf; swampert has ice beam and can take a few outrages

Scizor: Scizor has always been a problem; hopefully I can get a switch into infernape

Starmie: Starmie w/ thunderbolt and ice beam is quite troublesome, especially if I dont have my lucario and gengar.

Togekiss: hopefully I have my lucario! otherwise hope I dont get flinched..

Tyranitar: Heh...swampert :D

Weavile: This guy is tricky, I try to outspeed it with infernape or switch into an ice shard.

Yanmega: Infernape

Defensive Threat List:

Blissey: Luckily I have physical attackers like infernape, lucario, gyarados

Bronzong: Fire blasts from Infernape and close combats from lucario usualy beat this down

Celebi: I can usually outspeed with a fireblast

Cresselia: Gengar w/ shadow ball

Donphan: No problem with swampert and latias

Forretress: Absolutely dies against infernape.

Gliscor: i can use swampert to roar it away or ice beam it.

Hippowdon: The hippo can fall easily to surfs and ice beams from latias and swampert respectively

Skarmory: See Forretress

Snorlax: Curselax is easily roared away, and Infernape can close combat it

Suicune: Tricky, I have to probably use swampert to roar it away, or use thunderbolt with gengar.

Swampert: I can usually kill leads with close combat or extremespeed, otherwise I grass knot with latias.

Tentacruel: it has a lot of resistances, but still falls to thunderbolt

Vaporeon: The most difficult of bulky waters. Grass Knot has only a power of 60, and i can hopefully set up on it with latias

Zapdos: stealth rock beats it down and I can usually handle with latias.

CB Scizor, Weavile and pursuit weak. Scizor can switch into Latias and Cresseila and trap with pusuit while Gengar is taken out by Bullet punch. I recommend:

Bronzorg @ Leftovers
252Hp/ 82Att/ 80Def/ 92SpD
Levitate/ Sassy (0 Speed IVs)
-Reflect/Stealth Rock
-Gyro ball
-Earthqake
-Explosion

A good wall with lots of resists. Gyro ball takes care of Tyranitar and Weavile, Reflect/Stealth Rock for support. Other team mates take care of dragons well enough.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

Lack of SR
DD Tyranitar

How to fix:

Hey, great team and presentation. Again, SR is very essential on every team due to the amount of flying-types in this tier. Salamence and gyarados in particular are very difficult to take down without SR on the field. At least with SR on the field, you can make their precious switch-ins count everytime. Tyranitar will be trouble, if it decides to come in on someone, like Gengar's locked in Shadow Ball. Nothing will stop its havock. A simple solution to checking this beast while maintaing a good all-around SR user is Swampert for Cresselia:

Swampert
@ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature (Def+ / Spe-)
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA

- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

This would be a great addition to the team. The team has loads of Fighting-type resistance and Swampert would just benefit the team overall. Having to counter Tyranitar easily is great and now you have a reliable check to it. Having to survive 3 boosted Crunch's is a blessing while Swampert needs one Earthquake to take it down. Stealth Rock i've already explained is important to get the quick KOs while Ice Beam is mainly for locked in Salamence and Flygon. Roar blows away boosting Pokemonm such as Suicune. Overall try this.

As for other options, having 2 Pursuit baits is mediocre. Meaning you need someone to abuse this. I think you should give SD Infernape a try. It really destroys Stall teams when their not prepared. The moveset is Swords Dance / Fire Punch / Close Combat / Thunder Punch. I'm not all for this suggestion, but you could give this a go. Also, Latias needs Thunderbolt to hurt Empoleon, Grass Knot is not needeed in the OU tier. gl with this.

TY franky and Hoenn! I will definetely try out both bronzong and swampert.

And i do have lots of dark type weakness... =/

CB Scizor, Weavile and pursuit weak. Scizor can switch into Latias and Cresseila and trap with pusuit while Gengar is taken out by Bullet punch. I recommend:

Bronzorg @ Leftovers
252Hp/ 82Att/ 80Def/ 92SpD
Levitate/ Sassy (0 Speed IVs)
-Reflect/Stealth Rock
-Gyro ball
-Earthqake
-Explosion

A good wall with lots of resists. Gyro ball takes care of Tyranitar and Weavile, Reflect/Stealth Rock for support. Other team mates take care of dragons well enough.

Do you mean using bronzong as a lead?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the tip garchomp09! :nerd: ill keep stone edge now (hoping its accuracy doesn't kill me tho =/)
You can always try for Return if the accuracy is making you nervous. Normal / Water boast excellent coverage only resisted by Empoleon and the non-existant Shedinja.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)