Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

The event starts really really soon. When you see the event go live, join the steam chat for the Smogon group.

Hope to see a lot of you there! I'll definitely need to add some more people today.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so I keep crashing and I can't get in cause the server is full so here are some of my personal highlights.

-Scout rushing the CP map in one minute with Mr.Esc and someone else7
-Killling everyone with a random medic as heavy
-Dominating a pyro and mic harassing him
-Destroying dumb pub spies
-Nobody hearing pookar

lowpoint:
-Red on badwater
-My comp on badwater

Was a blast to play and I hope someone drops soon so I can get back on steel and dominate as heavy again.

My favorite moment was where I reflected a rocket as pyro and got 4+ kills and stopped their entire push. That was fun.

Either way, 9 people showed up by my count (8 + Benvdd), as well as guest appearances later in by SgtWoodsy (joined at the end of Badlands heh) and Charro (who just showed up for upward).

Alltalk was fun as fuck on gravelpit.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Nobody can hear me on TF2 either. I know my mic works fine because I can communicate with Synre and co. on Ventrilo just fine when we're grouping for LoL. It's just a problem with TF2's own voice settings I guess. Or maybe your mic just sucks.

wow Valve servers suck ass =_=, I always got a shit ton of lag and connection problems, and neither of this happens in other servers
Seriously, they're so god damn spiky and jumpy regardless of what your ping actually looks like. :/ Half the time it's like playing a bad slideshow with half the frames missing. Wouldn't mind if we could find an actual server somewhere to crash...

So how'd the thingy go today guys? I didn't know we were going to make it a regular event or I'd have been prepared to play with you guys. I was in the middle of LoL when it started (Steam alert FUCKING TABBED ME OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) and needed to take a shower afterward, so I was kinda busy this time. Oh well.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seriously, they're so god damn spiky and jumpy regardless of what your ping actually looks like. :/ Half the time it's like playing a bad slideshow with half the frames missing. Wouldn't mind if we could find an actual server somewhere to crash...
Valve said:
From August 22nd to September 8th, European game servers hosted by Valve (L4D/L4D2/TF2/on Xbox and PC) will be offline.

The downtime will only pertain to official Valve servers, leaving the availability of independent clan servers unaffected. Additionally, it will be possible to join official Valve servers from other parts of the world; however, there may be increased latency during this time.
This might explain it, I didn't realize this earlier. Hopefully this fixes any problems some of the valve servers have from time to time.

While it can be hard to tell as my ghetto-ass computer makes every game choppy as all hell, the lag really kills me, even when it says my latency is under like 100

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
That was fun. I'm kinda bummed I had to go run some errands in the middle of it though...

check task manager incase anything is eating up CPU if you lag
also reduce some settings see how that works.
That's like the most basic stuff you can do, and it does very little unless you enjoy playing with the most ghetto graphics possible. Go Google Gamebooster, or Advanced Systemcare 4 entirely, which includes Gamebooster, and then set it to shut down like every single ambient program that is not entirely necessary for playing. Then you can just activate Game boost mode and your fps will be way higher

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
This might explain it, I didn't realize this earlier. Hopefully this fixes any problems some of the valve servers have from time to time.
Doesn't explain it since they were like that the couple times I crashed with MrEsc on whatever random valve server he happened to be on at the time. They just sux I think.

Ok so I keep crashing and I can't get in cause the server is full so here are some of my personal highlights.

-Scout rushing the CP map in one minute with Mr.Esc and someone else7
-Killling everyone with a random medic as heavy
-Dominating a pyro and mic harassing him
-Destroying dumb pub spies
-Nobody hearing pookar

lowpoint:
-Red on badwater
-My comp on badwater

Was a blast to play and I hope someone drops soon so I can get back on steel and dominate as heavy again.
*highpoints:
-Not being on Badwater

lowpoint:
-Badwater

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
I love the Payload mode, just in that game I kept crashing and couldn't get any good kills, not to mention red getting steamrolled. The worst is probably Hoodoo in my opinion because there are just huge choke moments on many points, the action can just bottleneck.

I'd like to know why Frontier is so rarely seen now, I really only got to play it when it first came out. I can understand if people hate how the cart works but it is probably the most fun. If someone made a Payload race with that kind of cart it could be quite interesting.

Also Payload TC should be made, but probably impossible.

I love the Payload mode, just in that game I kept crashing and couldn't get any good kills, not to mention red getting steamrolled. The worst is probably Hoodoo in my opinion because there are just huge choke moments on many points, the action can just bottleneck.

I'd like to know why Frontier is so rarely seen now, I really only got to play it when it first came out. I can understand if people hate how the cart works but it is probably the most fun. If someone made a Payload race with that kind of cart it could be quite interesting.

Also Payload TC should be made, but probably impossible.
It's not the cart people hate, it's the massive choke points. People don't particularly enjoy getting simultaneously fucked by 50 sentries at once.

Basically Payload is horrible except Badwater 1 and 2, possibly some of Thunder Mountain

everything after that and every other map is a spammy shitfest

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Finally got around to playing with the Soldier, my least played class and I will admit it was quite fun to destroy the other team on Valve server KOTH maps. I used Original as advised and it was fantastic. Although every other class has the POV of the weapons right or left I never got the hang of the rockets and now it seems much more intuitive. Plus the old school sounds are just fun. I went with Disciplinary Action for the melee, since I was on a KOTH map with no start up time it is a real team saver to just whip everyone to the front lines so you can capture the point. After that I crafted the dreaded cow mangler, which I didn't like being introduced to TF2 along with the charging Rocket Launcher. But it's fun and the gimmick isn't very noticeable. I've yet to play in any crowded halls where I can shoot through people though, and it seems to have a tighter scope than the shotgun.

I'm playing Pyro latelly, I started using him/her just because I love the brain slug hat :u, and I'm kind of a Spy (my "main" class) Pyro, I always got behind everyones back and start crittin them with the Blackburner, is very fun to sweep half a team in 3 seconds when they're capturing a point just because no one is smart enough to look around (this piss me off when I'm playing medic, seriously, NOBODY spy checks, I always notice the spies going behind us but I can't kill them fast enough to prevent them to backstab my Heavy partner)

I usally snipe (alot.... kinda of a disgusting amount.) Or ill demoknight/buff soldier.
On a side not my kid fried my mouse. (spilled kool aid.) soo its useless.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone good with fixing problems in TF2? I'm having this weird crash problem where I can join the server, pick my character. Take about 5-7 steps and then my game crashes. Looked on the forums for advice, no dice. Halp!

Got my first hat drop the other day, a 'Sergeants Drill Hat'. Yeah, not amazing, but it's a start I guess. I also crafted a 'Noh Mercy', which is like a devil mask for the spy. Looks pretty cool!

Apart from that just been playing Soldier and Demo mainly, with the odd other class depending on the situation or map. Getting better at Rocket Jumping, still need to perfect wall-jumping though which seems to be better at giving you distance on your jump than popping you up so much that you're easy sniper bait. Also uploading random rounds that I record - I thought it would be cool to see my progression as a player from complete noob to somewhat competant. Still miles off that though :P

Needs more Smog-Stomp-Sesions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)