Team Hailstorm RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres my hailstorm team. Since its hail, i only have ice pokes for them not to take damage every turn. Help me out here on pokemon!

Abomonasnow @ Leftovers
Snow Warning
6 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid

Blizzard
leech seed
Grass knot or Wood Hammer
protect
the starter to set up hail. Seed away, protect, and throw the uber blizzards in there... than ROFL away

Glaceon@ Undecided
Snow Cloak
252 HP/252 SpA/ 4 Spe
Modest

Blizzard
HP [Fighting]
Wish
Fake Tears
only pure ice pokemon on here. Covers lots of types w/ Blizz and hp. Wish and Fake tears for added fun

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Snow Cloak
252 Atk/20 SpA/236 Spe
Naughty

EQ
Blizzard
Stone Edge
Ice shard
always wanted one of these... Look AWESOME and earthquake is insane

Cloyster@leftovers
Shell ARmor
252 HP/56 SpA/200 SpD
Impish/Bold/Relaxed

Spikes/Toxic Spikes
Surf
Rapid Spin
Blizzard :D
Spiker, and Spinner... and with 2 STABS its decent

Stallrein@ Leftovers
Ice Body
252 HP/252 SpD/6Spd

Toxic
Protect
Sub.
blizzard
toxic, than switch betweeen Protect and Sub with healing going on.

Jynx@ Leftovers
Forewarn
4 Hp/252 SpA/252 Spe
timid

Calm Mind
Blizz
Sub.
Lovely Kiss
basically just use calm mind while throwing a lovely kiss/Sub. Blizzard away

Ok Hail teams do not have to be all Ice types, because of Ice's horrible weaknesses, this leaves you wide open to many threats. Only 2-3 Ice types is usually advised.

Only Ice.

ALL of your pokemon are weak to Stealth Rock, and your one rapid spinner is quite weak. CB/Life Orb/Toxic Orb Heracross MAULS your team with Close Combat and Megahorn. I would put in a Hera counter like Skarm or somthing.

Hail team doesn't need to be consist of all ice team. Because your team is mono ice team, infernape, heracross, lucario and other fire and fighting pokemon can kill your team very easily. Moreover, stealth rock seriously cripples your team and you need something to fear off tyranitar. (You have Cloyster but he have very bad 25% switch-in) Adding Tentacruel solves problem of MixApe bit, stall other team more, grant special wall, and still provide good rapid spinner. Moreover, Tentacruel and walrein is good combination. Weezing block fighter and decently counter Gyarados by firing thunderbolt and can fear opposing ice with flamethrower or you can use Gliscor who can counter physical dragon, fighter, and physical TTar without ice beam. Adding RestTalk Hariyama decently fear off Gengar, counter Tyranitar, and grant ice, fire, bug, rock, dark resistance. Your team will lose a firing power if you use these three but this change will grant you much better defense. Hail team is hardest weather team to construct since hail damage most of non-ice type (Except Cleferable??) and ice is very bad defense type. Your team now have glaring fighting, fire+ Rock weakness and have no solid defense and offense. Seriously, again, SD Lucario can OHKO and score 6-0 your team very easily now.

Your Main Weaknesses are Fight, Rock, Fire & Steel.
and mainly for all Hail teams what is a pain, are Cbanders/Scarfers.

Hariyama is a great counter for most of the fighting types, including: Tyranitar, Lucario, Infernape, and others.
-he also has the ability of "Thick Fat" which makes him absorb fire attacks pretty good 2, so another check for this fatty.
-He has access to Knock off and whirlwind, AWESOME moves for what a hailstorm team should be. (Spikes + SR + T-spikes + hail *0*)
The knock off takes off the lefties of watever comes in, and they will be taking the hail bare hands :D!
Also gets rid of some choice items that may threaten the whole team (specially Cband).
Whirlwind to make more damage with Spikes or SR if u decide to put some in there (Not Cloyster xD) ill go to it later.

Other thing for a Hail... Try not to start with abomasnow... first of all, if i ask u "what is the first thing u think off when u see abomasnow as a lead?" You and almost everybody will say:(chourus) Hail Team!
-Yep, dont burn your "strategy" so fast, try to start with a good sweeper, or team player. set up spikes (primarily toxic), get rid of one or two pokemons, Then OMG! Abomasnow! and have fun with what you have on the floor and your 3 Ice type pokes =)! (really i dont reccomend u more than that)

Your Team Should Consist on 3 Non ice types, and 3 Ice types aprox.
The Best Ice Pokes for a hail team are:
1. The All Perfect, Semi God "Stallrein". yeah, wallrein, check out his moveset on the strategy dex. try to give him Ice Beam/Toxic and EQ, and obviously Protect + subs. with his awesome defense and Hp, he becomes a beast, and is difficult to get past him xD. Snorlax and Bronzong are some problems here D:!
2. Abomasnow. What can a Hail team be without the O-Big Yeti?, it has many movesets, choose what better fits you, and what you feel confortable with. Try to always leave him protect, it helps you a lot if u pair him up with stallrein, it has bought me several wins, that little and awesome protect.
3. Froslass. Fast, 1 Spike for sure, Destiny bonder, Revenge killer (?), not very reliable, but oh it works =)!
you can use him with Focus shash because of his fragility, and you can pair that with destiny bond. being so fast + shash, helps you to almost ensure a set of spikes if you want him to be the spiker. but in my opinion, try to find a better spiker (NOT Cloyster).
Has some nice attaks to defend herself too, in general, she is not a bad option.
4. Lapras. Many Movesets here. but Dont subestimate this poke =).
Can be good on the team, but DONT use her as a bulky water.
can be physical or Special, nice diferent movesets and quite effective, I would normally go to the physical side. but its on u. Fine choice 2.
5. Jynx. The Only Set ive used (actually it worked) is the Perish trap, with the main reason of taking down Cresselia and/or Blissey.
comes in, Traps, sings, and prays to resist x). then u have no bliss/cress to bother you =D! u can use it if you see that u need that to sweep completely, or to prevent them from stalling u back.
6.Mamoswine. A Strong poke, in or out a hail team, of that there is no doubt. u already have a fine moveset, but try to check other options, and see if he is appropiate for the final team. same, a really reliable option.
Other ices that may do: Glaceon, Weavile, etc.. weavile may do some good stuff cuz its speed, but as i said before, the main goal for a hail as i feel is to set entry hazards + hail that hits even more than sandstorm. so nor weavile nor glaceon do for me. (obviously the other ices dont either xD) but its up to you, they are still there xD.

Now, i wont get deep on to them, but here some Non-Ice pokemons that may work on a hail team:
1. Hariyama. Explained up there, just a pimp xD.
2. Dusnkoir, Spiritomb. a reliable anti spinner is needed (not Froslass) so they come in handy.
3. Forretress, Tentacruel. Toxic Spikes are essential in the play of stallrein, so use them wisely =).
4. Skarmory, Forretress. They can set up spikes, they are not always essential, but u can consider them, so they are here.
5. Cresselia. well she is an awesome wall, and its the main counter to garchomp. you can use the other fast ice types to kill him, but they cant switch in, so yeah, cresselia will do. She can Set up Reflect to help her buddies, and also shrugg off some other nasty attakers x)!
6. Blissey. Another Good Special Wall, but aside from cressy, she isnt a garchomp counter, and doesnt like physical attaks. but she can Charm and that makes up good for it hehe. she can also be a team support thanks to aromatherapy, or set up a light screen.
7. Steels like, Bronzong, Jirachi, Metagross and Even Steelix can work with Stealth rock, have good defenses and cover some weakneses for the team. Bronzong has the ability to levitate which can help sometimes.
U have all pokes to choose from, this are the main ones.
there are some other good specific ones that i might forgot but ill edit the post when i remember.

So basically, try to re make it xD!
3-3, if you decide to use wallrein, pair it up with T-spikes.
and you have there a nice list to choose, and some reasons why to or why not to x)!
Brainstorm, and i hope to see something good soon!
Good luck =).

Only Ice.

ALL of your pokemon are weak to Stealth Rock, and your one rapid spinner is quite weak. CB/Life Orb/Toxic Orb Heracross MAULS your team with Close Combat and Megahorn. I would put in a Hera counter like Skarm or somthing.
Skarmory is not a Heracross counter. Gliscor is.

First of all, non-Ice Pokemon will obviously work on a team like this, you'll probaly have to rebuild this team. Get rid of Glaceon, Cloyster, and Jynx. I'd get rid of Walrein too. Add in Heatran somewhere in there. That lets you cover your Fire weakness. Now you still have a Fighting weakness, which I'm not a fan of, so I'd try to put in some Pokemon that can cover that well. A Calm Zapdos to cover your Infernape problem will work. You still have 2 more slots though, and you're slightly. Next, I'd add in Gyarados to RestTalk, or you can put RestTalk on Hetran in which case you can put some kind of Machamp there instead. We still have one more slot, and I'd try to add something like Garchomp in the last slot for covrage. This team is going to be extremely offensive, so replace Walrein. By the way, you don't lead with Abomasnow because it loses to most leads, not because it gives away your stradergy. Abomasnow isn't a half bad lead on a SSHail team.

First of all, non-Ice Pokemon will obviously work on a team like this, you'll probaly have to rebuild this team. Get rid of Glaceon, Cloyster, and Jynx. I'd get rid of Walrein too. Add in Heatran somewhere in there. That lets you cover your Fire weakness. Now you still have a Fighting weakness, which I'm not a fan of, so I'd try to put in some Pokemon that can cover that well. A Calm Zapdos to cover your Infernape problem will work. You still have 2 more slots though, and you're slightly. Next, I'd add in Gyarados to RestTalk, or you can put RestTalk on Hetran in which case you can put some kind of Machamp there instead. We still have one more slot, and I'd try to add something like Garchomp in the last slot for covrage. This team is going to be extremely offensive, so replace Walrein. By the way, you don't lead with Abomasnow because it loses to most leads, not because it gives away your stradergy. Abomasnow isn't a half bad lead on a SSHail team.
Not an bad idea but i think you are forcing him to become extremely offensive hail team. Leave him how to make his own team. Walrein is not a bad choice if he is going to make hail stall team with anti-spinner.

geez this is crazyyy

so many things to reaplce!

i think i might try out a "thunderstorm" team

get it? rain dance+ thunder :D

anyways how about a mixvire on raindance team that knows thunder, fire punch, cross chop and...something else?

geez this is crazyyy

so many things to reaplce!

i think i might try out a "thunderstorm" team

get it? rain dance+ thunder :D

anyways how about a mixvire on raindance team that knows thunder, fire punch, cross chop and...something else?
It really depend on you. I think rain dance team is second easiest and powerful weather team to build since water is good defensive type (Not weak to ever common earthquake and rock+superior defensive coverage) and decent offensive typing. Even though, hail team is much harder to build and may seem weaker than any other weather team (Ice is horrible defense type and weak to very common rock and fighting+fire) but you can actually make very solid and powerful hail team. Most people use hail stall team because of the fact that hail damage most non-ice type except cleferable (Who use him though??) but you can also make offensive team by taking the fact that it improves shitty accuracy of blizzard. Moreover, you can make Sun team, Rain team, and sometimes sand stream team in uber but only hail team can be build on OU so i'd say keep up with good work of buillding hail team.

ok thanks alot. I really like the idea of using a lead dragonite since i already have one, but would that by any chance work?

Don't triple post please, wait 24 hours before bumping.

Anyways, edit your first post to reflect your current team so it is rateable. We've already rated the team on the 1st post, and your not giving us any new movesets.

he's just playing around now D:
men, stop wasting your and our time :)
take the ratings, and change ur hail team, or just stop spamming here D:!

C-ya!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RMT Rules said:
7. Bumping. If your team is interesting enough to comment on, people will do it for you. If no one at all comments on your RMT for around 24 hours, feel free to bump it. After that, do not bump it again unless you are making significant changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)