ORAS OU Team Karen

[Insert Karen speech here]
Basically I wanted to make a competitive team using my favorite pokemon. I want to avoid using the trite (dat Breloom tho), but other than that I'm open to any and all changes. Big goal while building was for this team to stand out amongst all OU teams.

Blitz (Ampharos-Mega) (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 48 Def / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Amphy is my fav mon, so in making a team of my favorites it was natural for me to choose it. Volt Switch because I like to maintain momentum. I wasn't sure if I should include Thunder Wave on this set, but I left it alone for now. 208 Spe lets me outspeed 164 speed Azumarill which I found as a set on the Strategy Dex. The 48 Defense Ev's should let it live an EQ from Tank Chomp, and a good chance to live after rocks damage.

FireFly (Volcarona) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

My favorite bug type, I really wanted to use it on this team. Standard Quiver Dance setup with 2 STAB moves, and a coverage move. Stolen right from the dex, "The Speed EVs with a Timid nature allow Volcarona to outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-T at +1, and anything under base 92." Standard but effective.

Stainless (Steelix) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Idk why but I frekin luv Steelix. I decided to make it a suicide lead/Clefable killer. The speed Ev's will allow it to outspeed very low speed investment Clefable. Ofc once Steelix is worn down the custap will come in and allow it to blow up or do something else that's useful with it's other moves.

Liston (Breloom) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Very trite, but Breloom is my favorite Grass type so I went with it. I wish I had more interesting things to talk about with this set but I don't so...Spore is a pretty good move eh? Especially when the sash guarantees I'll be allowed to use it, provided hazards are not on my side of the field.

Delta (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Roost

My fav fairy type is Togekiss. I couldn't decide in a direction to go on with Togekiss so I did like a hybrid. I gave it the defensive spread, /w T-wave and Defog because I lack a hazard remover. I just wasn't sure what to do with Togekiss really but Ik this mon can be deadly I just need to understand how to bring it out.

Katana (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Lastly my favorite Dark type, Weavile. Also very standard, but I thought I could use some priority and Ice coverage to keep up offensive pressure. It also has the wonderful STAB Knock Off which is great for switches, and Low Kick sits as it's lone coverage move.

I like to play an offensive up tempo style, and I did my best to accomplish that with this team. Except for maybe Togekiss. This team is competitive in battles and I feel that with some adjustments this can be a really good team. Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to your rate. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)