Team of %Closet from Showdown!

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello! This is Iminyourcloset, AKA %Closet from PS!. This is my second RMT, I did one for UU as well a little while ago. This is a completely new team, one which I've put some serious thought into, but I feel like it could definitely be better. My plan was to have a nice bulky team, and to be nice and balanced. A main problem I see with it is not that amazing of type synergy, but I've been able to play around that pretty damn well. To be honest, I haven't battled too much with it, (I'm honestly bombarded by school and stuff,) but I feel like it has some serious potential. Here goes nothing, I suppose:​

Teambuilding Process:

I started off with a Hitmontop. I've used him plenty of times before, and I thought: maybe I should start with a spinner this time, because it's harder adding one later, and also it's nice to begin with someone who had good defense.

Next I added defensive Arcanine. This was mostly for Double Intimidate, a strategy which I love. If I see any physical boosters, I just switch between them to continually lower their attack. Not quite much to add on here.

Then, I added Sp Defensive Mew. It's a kind of strange set, but it works when it needs to. It has good bulk, recovery, near-literally endless movepool, so I had fun using it, but I finally settled on a set. Mew complemented Arca and Top pretty coolly; it's sheer stats just made it nice to the team so far.

After Mew, I put on Porygon2. With eviolite, it's simply a monster, with great special attack. I did think about the specially defensive version, but I went with a more offensive set; the defensive one didn't intrigue me, but I do use trace. The only weakness added was fighting, which mew or the intimidaters could take on easily. Plus, Chandelure and other ghost trolling is always nice with immunity to STAB.

Eventually Zapdos got slabbed onto there. I've tried quite a few sets, but once again I found the right one for me, and it also happens to be a bit strange: I use Expert Belt (I'll explain later). Although a lot of my team was special already, Zapdos added more coverage movewise. Zapdos I feel like gets targeted with T-wave/Tox all the time, so Heal Bell on my Mew comes in handy then.

Finally, I ended with Swampert. All he added was a grass weakness, which I could easily cover, and a nice electric immunity. I had an SR setter too, and someone with Ground and Water coverage for Fire types and other pokes. I gave him Roar as well, to phaze or to rack up Rocks damage.

ONTO THE TEAM:

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
Hitmontop is simply amazing. I use the simple Max HP/Def intimidate, for a supremely bulky pokemon. Lefties is fairly obvious; it's his only way of recovery. Closet Combat I find epic, because he'll usually be going last, so he can use that move to seriously pummel something, usually with little consequence. Sucker Punch is for some cool priority, and to hit people who would attack him. Rapid Spin is the main reason to use him though. Rapid Spin spins ALL DEM HAZARDS away, the epicest move ever. Foresight I personally like to use, mainly to troll Sableye and Froslass as well as other spinblockers. Bad things about would probably be that A) it's kinda easily worn down by status and repeated hits, and B) With my only fighting coverage, and dark coverage, he's kinda multitasking, which is hard to do sometimes.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 8 Spd / 248 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- ExtremeSpeed
- Morning Sun
Arcanine. Although known to be an offensive behemoth, I'm using him here as an extremely defensive one. I basically use the Smogon standard. Leftovers is once again the item of choice, as recovery is just that important. Intimidate is for Double Intimidate, the strategy meant to troll physical pokemon. Evs are for max bulk, which is obvious too. Flare Blitz is a nice STAB move, and even uninvested can deal nice amounts of damage. Will-O-Wisp may seem like a bit much, but trust me: it's sooooooo useful to burn other pokes. ExtremeSpeed is so I have priority, and Morning Sun is so Arca can heal itself. Negatively, I'd say Arca doesn't have that much coverage, so I end up switching him out a lot, which is sometimes bad due to Stealth Rock being on the field.

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Psychic
I know, this Mew set is weird, but with special investment, Mew can take special hits all week. Lefties is obvious for dat small recovery. Synchronize is Mew's only ability, but is nice for random Toxics that I don't predict, especially when they don't realize I have Heal Bell, so they just Toxic themselves. Thunder Wave is so I can cripple pokemon (so fun :D), which is extremely useful. Roost is a nice way to recover, and with no drawback since it's pure psychic (Mew does not get recover... :/). Heal Bell is so status isn't that hard-hitting for my team, and goes well with synchronize. Psychic is so I'm not taunt-bait, and so Mew isn't that much of set-up fodder, plus it's fairly strong uninvested. Something not so good would be: kinda forced out by most dark types, which kinda sucks. Currently, I am trying Roserade, suggested by citro, in this spot. So far, I'm not sure I like it though.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Recover
Porygon2, I say again, is simply a monster. With eviolite, and only HP invested it can still take hits just forever...and ever... and ever. I use Trace over the other abilities because I think download is too 50/50, and Analytic I always felt was underwhelming, plus I use paralysis support. Trace copies the opponent's ability, which is useful when dealing with the likes of Slowbro, Roserade, or any other pokemon with good abilities (which is most of them). I can then use something like Regenerator and heal HP when I switch him out, which is great. I use BoltBeam coverage, hitting like 99% of poikemon. Tri Attack is for STAB, and it's what I use in case I copy Serene Grace. Recover is so Pory has the HP to keep taking hits forever...and ever... and ever. The only thing kinda bad about Pory is that he can be kinda weak in the offensive department, though he makes up for it mostly. Trying more defensive set, but I don't feel much difference. I tried using Psych Up a couple, but either I didn't use it right or it's just not as useful; I never got the chance to woop my opponent; Pory2's just too slow.

Zapdos @ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
This is my zapdos set. I use Expert Belt so I can have Zapdos be bulky while still having it KO Swampert and Rhyperior at full HP. Zapdos only has Pressure (stupid DW >:x), but I mean, it's not a bad ability; nice to stall with. I went for optimum bulk and attacking ability, so that's how the EVs came about. Modest is needed for at least a couple KOs, and is kind of the whole point. Roost is my only way for recovery, as I don't have Lefties. Thunderbolt is STAB, and can seriously dent so many things. Heat Wave is nice for coverage; It's nice for Hitting things like bronzong or Roserade. Hidden Power Grass is for Swampert and Rhyperior, as well as anything else weak to it. Only thing I really see wrong is that a lot of the time I never use HP grass, so it's kinda like a wasted moveslot, but usually it's not that game changing or anything.Trying more offensive set, It's going fairly good;It hits surprisingly hard and is truly in a good speed tier.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
Swampert. I remember using Mudkip in Third Gen...Good Times. Anyway, Swampert is a beast in UU. With his nice typing, he's good for usually taking hits and hitting back, and also supports my team. Usual EVs, Max HP and Attack, along with an Adamant nature, to capitalize on dishing out and taking damage. Waterfall and Earthquake are STABs, with their own uses. Stealth Rock is needed on probably all teams, and I didn't have one (well, there was Mew, but I really didn't want to alter just because of that). Roar is also a nice move, phazing mainly, since boosting pokemon are troublesome. Only negative thing is lack of recovery outside of Lefties causes him to be kinda a one-time or two-time strong hit-taker.

OVERALL THINKYMABOBBERS (AKA THOUGHTS):
-Umbreon has a field day against this team for some reason.
-I find Snorlax can sometimes be annoying if I can't get Top in safely or if he's low on health.
- I know I kinda built the team backwards (Starting with a spinner and ending with an SR setter) but I feel like if there is anything wrong with the team, it's not because of that.

AMANDA PLEASE
Rate Please! And thank you for Rating! Any feedback is awesome. ;D​

hi %Closet!

Nice team. There's not a lot of problems with it in fact, just a few minor nitpicks that can hopefully help it perform better. The first thing I'd like to suggest is Roserade > Mew. Your team is definitely on the stallish side, so you would really appreciate Spikes support to keep wearing down the opposing team and take advantage of the switches you can cause. Roserade is a pretty sweet special wall, she can come in for free on the many bulky water + grass types that litter the metagame and set up Spikes for free. She also retains that cleric support and reliable recovery. You really don't lose much from this at all.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis

okay I'd next like to fix your Porygon2 spread. Firstly, you're missing 4 EVs (lol) so they should go in either defense or special defense. However, I'd actually like to make this Porygon2 more defensive to help deal with the likes of Chandelure much better. I'm not sure what's optimal and I guess someone will happily correct me down below but let's say 252 HP / 140 SAtk / 116 SDef with a Calm nature to retain decent Special Defense while still hitting reasonably hard. With this you'll want to drop Tri Attack, I think Psych Up would be a really nice option for SubCM Raikou who can set up on a lot of your pokemon.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 140 SAtk / 116 SDef
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Recover
- Psych Up

Finally I'd just like to give your Zapdos a better spread, it hits a really nice Speed tier and should take advantage of that with 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd Timid. Zapdos has solid bulk even uninvested so you should be fine there. If you wanted to you could even make him an Offensive SubRoost variant, while giving Toxic Spikes to Roserade, and if you choose to go down that path you can find the sets onsite.

That's all from me, hope I helped you a little bit! :toast:

I am a bit iffy about suggesting pure-offensive Zapdos on a stall team, so I am not sure if that is the smartest idea. Closet, I am not really sure on what to say on your team. It looks like there is something that might need fixing, but I am clueless as to how to fix that.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi %Closet!

Nice team. There's not a lot of problems with it in fact, just a few minor nitpicks that can hopefully help it perform better. The first thing I'd like to suggest is Roserade > Mew. Your team is definitely on the stallish side, so you would really appreciate Spikes support to keep wearing down the opposing team and take advantage of the switches you can cause. Roserade is a pretty sweet special wall, she can come in for free on the many bulky water + grass types that litter the metagame and set up Spikes for free. She also retains that cleric support and reliable recovery. You really don't lose much from this at all.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis

okay I'd next like to fix your Porygon2 spread. Firstly, you're missing 4 EVs (lol) so they should go in either defense or special defense. However, I'd actually like to make this Porygon2 more defensive to help deal with the likes of Chandelure much better. I'm not sure what's optimal and I guess someone will happily correct me down below but let's say 252 HP / 140 SAtk / 116 SDef with a Calm nature to retain decent Special Defense while still hitting reasonably hard. With this you'll want to drop Tri Attack, I think Psych Up would be a really nice option for SubCM Raikou who can set up on a lot of your pokemon.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 140 SAtk / 116 SDef
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Recover
- Psych Up

Finally I'd just like to give your Zapdos a better spread, it hits a really nice Speed tier and should take advantage of that with 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd Timid. Zapdos has solid bulk even uninvested so you should be fine there. If you wanted to you could even make him an Offensive SubRoost variant, while giving Toxic Spikes to Roserade, and if you choose to go down that path you can find the sets onsite.

That's all from me, hope I helped you a little bit! :toast:
Hey Citro! Thank you for your suggestions. All of them seem pretty much great for my team, at least on paper. I'll try them out tomorrow. Roserade seems really epic; I've only used offensive sets, but haven't tried that one. Porygon2 is cool too; Tri Attack is meh at best on occasion. Zapdos though, I just feel a bit skeptical about it...Oh well. I'll do it anyway. Again, Thank you very much ;D!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)