Team Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am usually a defensive player, using a stall or balanced team, but i know that I should become more versatile with my strategies so I could become a better player overall.

The goal of this team was to use Gengar, my favorite pokemon effectively. I built my team around both pushing offense and letting gengar cripple and sweep through a team.

Weavile (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Night Slash
- Ice Punch
Weavile is my antilead, and he does a good job doing it. Fake out breaks focus sash and she beats out the only common fake out lead, infernape to the punch. I am considering going with infernape, because having no SR on my team is not very nice.

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis
I chose hypnosis because 1/2 of the time gengar can take out a pokemon that counters her behind her substitute. I tend to play fairly conservative with her.

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Standard scarf heatran.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Cosmic Power
- Wish
- Protect
- Psychic
Cosmic power jirachi can stop almost any pokemon in it's tracks. He is my safety net against many pokemon with the exception of choice users using earthquake. 100/100/100 defenses are stellar and wish/protect only helps this. I am considering going with HPfire or HPfighting to take out the dark/steel pokemon that wall her only move, Psychic. I would love help in optimizing her defences.

Scizor (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 188 HP/252 Atk/60 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost
Roost and lefties on SD scizor is sexy. It makes certain counters into setup bait, allowing you to get +6 Atk and sweep with bullet punch. Swampert is a prime example of this.

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
I don't like specs latias. Im thinking of changing her to something else with scarf TTar running around.

Pros: Unpredictable team, with 4 of my pokemon using an uncommon strategy or move that significantly alters how they are countered
Keeps on the pressure

Cons: No stealth rock
Jirachi is relatively weak without any Cosmic power and susceptible to Crits against a DDer or a SDer

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Rule 3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Your descriptions need work - they're too terse. Descriptions such as "Standard Scarf Heatran" are not acceptable. Have a look at some of the teams in the RMT archive to see what is expected. Try and stay away from 1-2 line descriptions, aim for at least 3-4 lines. Explain why you chose a Pokemon, what it does, how does it contribute to the success of the team, etc. If you fix the descriptions properly, PM me the changes; if they are sufficient enough I will unlock your thread with the edited descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)