Team Rainbow Sprinkles

RAINBOW!

Introduction

Since the release of the official UU round one tier list, I've become very interested in the underused metagame. I never played UU in Gen IV; however, my distaste for rain teams and the result of many of my favorite Pokemon (notably Donphan) ending up in UU intrigued me. When I threw together a team and started playing, one thing that immediately stood out to me was that the UU scene was much more varied than in OU. There are tons of threats of all kinds to worry about, from massive walls and boosters like Suicune, to flaming gods of destruction like Victini. With such a varied metagame, full of wild and often unique teams, I spent time struggling with how to deal with them all. I felt like I needed a team with very broad, very different purposes and abilities; a rainbow, if you will.

Before this team ever came to be, I played around with a wide variety of teams ranging from heavy offense to priority abuse to all-out stall. Through every one of these teams, I was able to pick out two Pokemon that I could identify as being particularly strong in the world of UU: Bisharp and Rotom-H. Bisharp is among the strongest priority users in all of Pokemon, let alone UU, and his handy Steel typing, while it gives him a horrendous 4x Fighting weakness, affords him a handful of key resistances, notably Ice, Dragon, and an immunity to Psychic via his Dark typing. Rotom-H is very multi-purpose, in contrast to the totally unary Bisharp; he has solid defensive stats, a good movepool for both attacking and supporting, as well as nice defensive stats and Pain Split.

Ultimately the team was designed around wearing the opponent down with status and switching to allow Rotom and Bisharp to comfortably clean up the mess. It has its share of issues, however; issues I'm having with specific Pokemon will be addressed in each of their respective descriptions. Considerations I'm making are represented in bold.

At A Glance

Meet The Team

Crobat @ Black Sludge (Considering replacement)
Inner Focus
Jolly
196 HP / 180 Def / 132 Spe
-U-Turn
-Taunt
-Super Fang (Whirlwind?)
-Hypnosis

Crobat is my typical leading Pokemon. He functions as a solid anti-lead, sitting at a 361-speed Taunt (a friend of mine recommended the EV set; I'm not sure how strong it is). Not running max Speed means I can't force a speed tie with Aerodactyl, although having Crobat stay in on Aero is a dangerous proposal. If the opponent is leading with Aerodactyl, I usually will stick with Slowbro to lead. On top of being a fabulous Taunter who can easily shut down SmashPass, Crobat is a good fighting resist in case Slowbro would be risking too much, as well as a fantastic scout. Other than Taunt, U-turn is the move that gets far and away the most usage. Hypnosis gives Crobat the ability to spread status, though I tend not to rely on it considering its low accuracy. Super Fang is something I've really been on the fence about. It's a nice move, sure, but Crobat isn't exactly going to be staying in on most walls anyway. I've been considering Whirlwind as my primary alternative, though I feel like this belittles Crobat's excellent Speed stat. He's also surprisingly bulky, with a good defensive typing and a 4x resist to common attacks, as well as surprisingly decent bulk in his own right.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Defiant
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-Sucker Punch
-Brick Break

Bisharp brings the most hurt out of everything on the team. He has the ability to break even some of the sturdiest walls with ease after a boost. The presence of Swords Dance means he's not completely ruined by a Burn, either, as given a chance he can SD to cancel out the burn drop. Burning usually forces him out until late game, however. His moveset and EV spread are quite simple; Swords Dance pumps up Bisharp's already high Attack stat, while Night Slash gives him a strong STAB with a high crit chance and Brick Break affords solid coverage. Although Sucker Punch is hardly a surprise, it comes as an ace in the hole when the opposing team lacks their own priority or has no boosting Pokemon. This holds especially true as Bisharp is immune to poison, making it much harder for teams to stall him out. At base 70 Speed, running Jolly is a waste of time; there's nothing of any merit that is outsped with the positive nature, so Adamant is the way to go. Life Orb boosts his power even further; with all the extra power, Bisharp can actually take on Intimidate Hitmontop thanks to Defiant. Technitop, however, is still Bisharp's arch nemesis, resisting Dark and demolishing it with powerful STAB Fighting attacks. That's where the next Pokemon comes in...

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Regenerator
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
-Scald
-Grass Knot
-Slack Off
-Thunder Wave

Slowbro is a tremendous physical wall, and he notably stops Fire and Fighting moves dead in their tracks. The support of Slowbro is absolutely vital to Bisharp's success; the burns and paralysis he spreads make finishing opponents easier, and his Water/Psychic type makes him an excellent check to a lot of common counters to Bisharp. In this sense, it's almost like Slowbro and Bisharp were made to work together. Regenerator is a fantastic ability for Slowbro, and the increase in longevity allows him to stick around. I generally try to keep him alive as long as possible to keep spreading status around. Since Bisharp is usually saved for the end of the game unless he's really needed for something, being able to spread as much status as possible just makes the cleanup all the easier. Scald and Thunder Wave are the primary status-inducing choices; both of these help mess with stat boosters who think they can set up on Slowbro with no risk. Slack Off is an obvious choice for recovery; Grass Knot is a bit more unusual. It allows Slowbro to beat non-CM bulky Waters in a direct confrontation a surprising percentage of the time. Slowbro struggles against Suicune in particular, as once Suicune has hit a good number of Calm Minds, things begin getting ugly for the whole team. Opposing Slowbro are much less of a threat.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Overheat
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Trick

Rotom is the other primary offensive force on the team. Out of all the teams I've made, Rotom-H has been included on almost every single one of them; he has solid stats across the board, and Electric/Fire with Levitate is an excellent typing in the UU metagame. While in past teams I had been running more defensive sets, typically used to check enemy Victini, this time around I run him as a strong Scarfed revenge killer. Fire/Electric/Ghost offers solid coverage, and Rotom's base 105 Special Attack allows him to make use of his high BP STAB moves. Trick is often a sort of last resort maneuver when I feel like I'm in a tight spot against some opponent, often a Suicune or other bulky Pokemon that's accumulated boosts. Since Rotom is the fastest Pokemon on this team, I'm reluctant to give up the Choice Scarf in most situations, but if Rotom can catch the opponent on the wrong move, handing them a Choice Scarf can force a switch and ruin their sweep. The use of Timid over Modest is to make use of Rotom's trollish base Speed; while in OU, 86 may not seem to have any special connotation, it's a very important number in UU. Running max Speed with Timid and a Choice Scarf, Rotom is guaranteed to outspeed Choice Scarf Heracross, and will demolish him with a STAB Overheat. Slaying Heracross is one of the most important things this toaster does for the team.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Natural Cure
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Softboiled
-Wish (Aromatherapy?)
-Toxic
-Seismic Toss

Chansey is able to wall such a preposterous number of Special threats that she can render essentially every Choice Specs Pokemon useless. She's my go-to switch for Kyurem, Houndoom, and Celebi, among others. Azelf is one of the few Special attackers to really give Chansey a problem, as his massively powerful STAB Psyshock gets her straight in her weakest stat. The EV spread tries to remedy her poor physical Defense, and succeeds to a certain extent. Chansey can even survive things like Hitmontop Close Combat. Softboiled and Toxic allow Chansey to engage in ridiculous Toxi-stall wars, which she almost inevitably wins. Seismic Toss is good to prevent Steels from getting completely free switch-ins, as well as busting weaker Substitutes. I'm on the fence about Wish; I rarely get a chance to pass Wish to my teammates, and Aromatherapy seems like a good option as Toxic can really wear down this team's crutch walls. However, each time I run Aromatherapy, I find myself wanting Wish again. So I'm left undecided. One of the biggest arguments for Wish is that Donphan is on the team. But as I'm considering switching Donphan to somebody else, maybe the big reason for Wish will suddenly become obsolete.

Donphan @ Leftovers (Considering replacement)
Sturdy
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin

Although Donphan is more or less my absolute favorite Pokemon (it's a rolling elephant!) I feel like he has a hard time fitting in with this team. I added him primarily as a reliable Rock-resist to deal with things like Aerodactyl and Archeops, but they're rare and more often than not, Slowbro is the more reliable switch into most physical attackers. Rapid Spin is only really useful when the opponent manages to stack down Toxic Spikes, as Crobat doesn't absorb them. Theoretically Donphan can also easily dispatch of enemy Flygon, but in my experience, a lot of Flygon users tend to be conservative when using Outrage, specifically to avoid being revenged by Ice Shard. The rarity with which I even get a chance to use Stealth Rock is astounding; with Donphan's tremendous natural bulk I'd assume it wouldn't be so hard, but with all the Sun and Hail teams running around, being a Ground type in UU is quite a liability. Chlorophyll users especially ruin my day, and Donphan's typing is a big part of it; I don't have a reliable switch-in to very strong Grass attacks. For that reason alone I've considered moving Donphan to something else.

Threat List
Abomasnow: While Rotom-H is the obvious answer, Crobat's U-turn can also hit Abomasnow surprisingly hard. Bisharp's Brick Break is another good choice, as even though Bisharp is fragile, he resists both Ice and Grass.
Aerodactyl: Slowbro is the best choice here. Scald messes with Aerodactyl's power, and also hits SE. Thunder Wave is another option. Donphan can also Ice Shard but it's much weaker.
Altaria:
Altaria never seems particularly threatening to me; usually I can either Ice Shard with Donphan or just punch it to death with Bisharp.
Arcanine:
Arcanine is definitely one of the most threatening Pokemon in UU right now; having a dedicated counter in Slowbro is really handy. Even Wild Charge does fairly low damage.
Azelf:
Azelf is one of the things this team struggles most with. Chansey can handle some variants but must beware of Psyshock. Likewise, Slowbro is chased off by the possibility of Grass Knot, although Azelf without Grass Knot or Thunderbolt will usually have a tougher time with Slowbro. Bisharp and Rotom also have the ability to revenge it.
Azumarill:
Slowbro provides an easy wall to every one of Azumarill's attacks. Oddly, Crobat is also able to withstand some Aqua Jets, although he can't deal with Ice Punch.
Bisharp:
A lack of Hitmontop on this team means that enemy Bisharp aren't completely trivial, however Donphan provides as solid a check as any. Doing massive damage back to Bisharp with Earthquake and only taking marginal damage even from +2 Night Slash is an excellent way to get him off the field.
Celebi:
Celebi's unpredictability is another thing the team can have problems with, although this may be me as a player. Since it's hard to tell initially if Celebi is running Nasty Plot or a defensive/support set, picking a default switch-in can be challenging. I usually go with Crobat if I can, as U-turn does a lot and Crobat resists Grass 4x (though he is weak to Psychic). Stalling with Chansey is an option against more offensive variants.
Chansey:
I usually treat enemy Chansey as setup fodder for Bisharp. Crobat can Taunt and laugh in Chansey's face, while Donphan can do some hurt too.
Charizard:
I've only faced Charizard once, and the fearsome dragon nearly ripped my team to shreds. Under the sun, Charizard's Fire Blast cleanly 2HKO's Chansey; a feat of which very few can boast. I feel like the best option against Charizard is to sacrifice something near death and then revenge with Rotom, as Thunderbolt is more or less a guaranteed OHKO, particularly with Solar Flare recoil counted.
Cobalion:
Cobalion is comfortably walled by both Donphan and Slowbro, at least physical variants. The rarer special variant is a bit more annoying to take on, as Focus Blast hits Chansey for surprising damage, but I usually don't see those. Slowbro is annoyed by Taunt as it prevents hitting Cobalion with Thunder wave, but Donphan doesn't mind being enraged.
Crobat:
Rotom-H is able to outspeed most variants of Crobat and demolish it with a STAB Thunderbolt in return. Crobat also doesn't eat Sucker Punches especially well.
Deoxys-D:
Surprisingly, Bisharp has little trouble taking on Deoxys D, as it can just SD up and smash back with a boosted Night Slash for an easy KO.
Donphan:
Slowbro is the go-to choice here, and oddly enough, Chansey can be helpful as well. Since most Donphan will opt to go for Stealth Rock "on the switch" (this is the part where you don't switch Chansey out), you can get a free Toxic on them, which will bug them for the rest of the game.
Drapion:
I've hardly encountered any Drapion, but the clear choice in my mind would be to go for Donphan. Outside of a strong Earthquake to hit Drapion's one weakness, Rotom can usually hit Drapion pretty hard.
Dugtrio:
Gah! The most annoying thing about Dugtrio is that Bisharp is in danger until Dugtrio is out of play. If Bisharp ends up against Dugtrio without having a Swords Dance boost, he gets cleanly OHKOd. That said, pretty much everything else on the team except for poor Chansey can handle themselves admirably against this little mole.
Durant:
Big surprise; if you guessed Rotom, you win the prize! Durant's awful Special Defense means that Rotom and Slowbro are the clear choices to switch in here.
Dusknoir:
Dusknoir is a lot more threatening to this team than his young brother Dusclops, who's easy setup bait for Bisharp. Since Dusknoir wields the threat of SubPunch, a lot more care needs to be taken. I usually try to get either a Burn or Toxic onto Dusknoir before taking it on with Bisharp; unless I already have a Swords Dance boost, in which case Night Slash away!
Eelektross:
Eelektross' fragility offsets the fact that he has no weaknesses quite well. Donphan and Slowbro both can take his attacks fairly well, while Chansey ruins all-special variants and Bisharp can smack him with strong priority.
Empoleon:
Usually Bisharp is the best option here, as most Empoleon aren't too offensive (without Petaya, Agility is still rare) so Bisharp can often SD up in peace and crush Empoleon with Brick Break.
Escavalier:
Escavalier's bulk and power are quite off-putting. Although his movepool affords him poor coverage, his Megahorn is so strong that it rarely matters. Rotom will scare it away, although at times I try to pull off Trick to mess up Escavalier, as many of them are Swords Dance variants and a scarf isn't going to help that base 20 Speed.
Espeon:
Espeon's high speed can be annoying, as is its ability, preventing Chansey from easily stalling it out. Surprisingly, Donphan can be handy at taking out Espeon. Not surprisingly, Bisharp also does an admirable job.
Flygon:
With a dearth of Steels in UU, Flygon has no problem wrecking things all over the place. Donphan is the go-to switch in for Flygon, and his ability to come in on Flygon is among the biggest arguments for his continued inclusion in the team.
Gorebyss:
SmashPassers are annoying, but Crobat ruins the whole shebang with one quick Taunt. U-turn out to Slowbro and proceed to totally mess up their game plan.
Heracross: As I mentioned, Scarf Rotom outspeeds Scarf Heracross and OHKOs with Overheat. Thus, revenge is the primary method of disposal for Heracross. Most people are quite surprised to see Rotom outspeeding it and, if Hera had gone for Stone Edge the turn before, often will not switch out.
Hitmontop:
Hitmontop is a big heavy hitter in UU, and his STAB Technician Mach Punches hurt things all over the place. Fortunately, Slowbro is here to save the day! Hitmontop's attacks are harmless to the big lug, and Top is terrified of getting Burned.
Honchkrow:
One of the other big Sucker Punch abusers in UU, Honchkrow is a fairly rare sight, as most people shoot for its defensively-minded, also Dark/Flying cousin Mandibuzz. However, Donphan makes a solid switch into Honchkrow, messing up Sucker Punch with Ice Shard.
Houndoom:
One of the perks of not having Victini is a lack of Houndoom issues. Most Houndooms are flummoxed by Chansey, and if they run physical Crunch, Slowbro can sometimes handle them depending on how many EVs were invested into Attack.
Huntail:
SmashPassers are annoying, but so is Crobat. He can comfortably Taunt Huntail and U-turn away to a better counter like Slowbro.
Jolteon:
Since almost all Jolteon carry Choice items, I usually try to avoid direct confrontation with Jolteon as much as possible by switching in resistances and immunities to keep forcing it out. Outside of that, Chansey makes a good utility switch, though I try to get Donphan in on a stray Thunderbolt.
Kingdra:
Mixed Kingdra is the big challenge for the team, as Chansey can wall Special Kingdra indefinitely and kill it with Toxic. Slowbro can often attempt the same, especially if Chansey can tank the Draco Meteor first. Bisharp also does heavy damage with Sucker Punch. As far as Mixed versions, wearing it down with Toxic and then locking it into Outrage for a revenge with Rotom is unfortunately the clearest course of action.
Kyurem:
Kyurem is big, threatening, and extremely deadly. He's clearly seated himself as one of the top three most threatening Pokemon in UU and not having a response to Kyurem is foolish. This team utilizes Chansey, Slowbro, and Bisharp. Bisharp is usually only good for coming in on Ice Beams, but hits back fairly hard with Sucker Punch. Chansey can take everything but Focus Blast, and Slowbro can take everything but Draco Meteor, and both can ruin Kyurem with status.
Lilligant:
Simply put, Lilligant isn't all that threatening. Her excessively poor defenses and awful movepool outside of Quiver Dance offset her high speed and good Special Attack. Pure Grass isn't exactly a great type either, so more often than not Rotom can just go to town on any Lilligant who thinks it's safe to set up.
Mamoswine:
As usual, Slowbro is the answer here. Mamoswine hits powerfully and he's a high-priority target; if I see one on a team, I'll do my best to keep Slowbro alive as a Mamoswine check.
Mew:
I literally have no idea what to say about Mew. Every Mew I've seen has run a different set. Usually I go to Bisharp, but this can be risky as Mew may run Aura Sphere. Chansey is a sometimes reliable check, but there are Swords Dance Mews out there.
Milotic:
As with other industrial-strength bulky Waters, Milotic can be painful to take down. Chansey often tries her best, but when Milotic finds a way to heal Toxic it can simply be too much to break. Like Chansey, Bisharp tries its hardest and, depending on how Milotic moves and whether or not it burns with Scald, can KO.
Mismagius:
Mismagius gets dangerous after a Nasty Plot, but a Rotom Shadow Ball to the face will take it down after either Stealth Rock or prior damage. Still, Mismagius has the potential to do significant damage to the team.
Nidoking:
While Donphan is the clear choice for a switch-in, it can be risky as a Sheer Force boosted Ice Beam will deal huge damage. Slowbro and Chansey are often better switches, as they can handle Nidoking's power more easily.
Nidoqueen:
Unlike versus Nidoking, Donphan is a safe switch-in to Nidoqueen's much weaker attacks and has no problem KOing with Earthquake. Slowbro and Chansey still make fine choices, however.
Quagsire:
This obnoxious thing is the number 1 reason I carry Grass Knot on Slowbro. With Unaware, Quagsire can wall the living crap out of this team if Slowbro is out of the picture.
Raikou:
Challenging like Suicune, but a lot more easily walled and messed with. Since Rest is much less common on Raikou, Chansey has a field day, just like in 3rd gen. Donphan can switch in for free on a stray Thunderbolt, as well.
Registeel:
Registeel is a bit of an oddity, as despite his mammoth defenses and good typing, he's never been so hard to take down. He's easy setup fodder for Bisharp who can clean him up with Brick Break. Burns from Slowbro also wear him thin over time.
Roserade:
I have very little experience versus Roserade, but Sleep Powder is a big annoyance. Since Roserade is specially oriented, however, Chansey can more or less wall it comfortably. Sleep Clause keeps Chansey awake during the stall war, too.
Rotom-h:
Much like my own Rotom-H, opposing Rotom-H can't really get past Chansey. However, one Trick renders Chansey totally useless for the rest of the game; this alone makes Rotom-H a dangerous foe. Donphan and Slowbro can also do their best versus Rotom; Bisharp can go for an extremely risky revenge as a last resort.
Sawsbuck:
The deer is probably the single biggest weakness this team faces. If Sawsbuck can manage a Swords Dance, killing it can be a frantic scramble for survival that will more often than not result in losing Chansey and probably something else too. Other Sun sweepers I can handle, but Sawsbuck is fearsome versus this team.
Shaymin:
SubSeeders are a pain, especially Shaymin who has 101 HP subs. Rotom is a good choice here, as even with Shadow Ball spam he can break through and start damaging Shaymin. Offensive Shaymin are rarely an issue.
Sigilyph:
Crobat is really needed to deal with most Sigilyph variants, as letting it get too many Cosmic Powers is extremely dangerous and often game-ending. Bisharp, however, is immune to Stored Power and hits back SE with Night Slash, which also has a high critical chance.
Slowbro:
My own reliable wall turned against me, Slowbro isn't such an easy foe to take down himself. CM variants in particular can be quite a pain. If Bisharp is alive and unburned he can do hefty damage, but many fights vs Slowbro degenerate into Toxi-stall wars with Chansey.
Smeargle:
If Crobat is already down, Smeargle can be a big pain. Spore is just super annoying and the team doesn't really have a Sleep absorber. That said, Crobat's quick Taunt will absolutely ruin Smeargle's day, and with his poor defenses, a U-turn out will hurt.
Snorlax:
Last Mon Curselax haunts me like it's GSC. If Bisharp is dead, Curselax more or less runs the team. I have noted this as a fairly significant problem; although Curselax is still rare, I feel like it is picking up momentum as people realize that it's still good. Non-Curse variants (specifically those without Rest also) are almost trivially easy for Bisharp to murder or for Chansey to poison.
Spiritomb:
Spiritomb is rarely more than an annoyance. As almost all Spiritomb rely on Sucker Punch and Dark moves for offense, Bisharp has a field day, even with Will-o-Wisp in tow. Chansey, likewise, is free to Toxic up.
Staraptor:
Rotom can come in for an easy revenge on Staraptor. Additionally, he's walled pretty thoroughly by Donphan, who has SE priority, and Slowbro, who has two dangerous statuses to hit Staraptor with.
Suicune:
Suicune can be a huge thorn in this team's side. CroCune especially, as it can rest off Toxic. Usually I'll try to outboost with Bisharp or sneak in a kill early on with Rotom, but fighting versus Suicune can get a bit hectic.
Tangrowth:
While Tangrowth can shrug off just about every physical attack this team can throw at it, its weak Special Defense means that Rotom will roast and toast him straight to a pile of ash. People still tend to be favoring Sawsbuck over Tangrowth, so he's rarely presented much of a problem to me.
Togekiss:
Togekiss can sometimes get frantic, depending on what goes down against flinch hacks. Crobat is immune, but can hardly do anything in return. Hitting with Hypnosis is usually Crobat's best hope versus Togekiss. Outside of that, Bisharp's Sucker Punch hurts, as can Donphan's Ice Shard; both, however, must beware of Aura Sphere.
Uxie:
Like Azelf, Taunt from Crobat is the key to stopping this massive nuisance. Letting him buy turns for SmashPass is quite deadly, so stopping the screens from going up is quite important. As far as taking it down, Bisharp is once again the go-to for Swords Dance/Night Slash killing.
Victini:
As many in the UU forums have noted, Victini hits like an atomic bomb and can be very hard to combat. Even Slowbro isn't always safe switching into V-create. While Bisharp obviously can't switch in, Sucker Punch can hurt Victini a lot. Likewise, Rotom's Shadow Ball will take it down.
Victreebel:
The team kind of sees him as a much weaker version of Sawsbuck; this means that he's quite vulnerable to revenging by Bisharp, as Bullet Punch will rip him right open. Still, though, his Mixed Growth sets can be quite frustrating and take down an awful lot.
Vulpix:
Obviously Vulpix is not a threat, but it's the sun he provides. As far as KOing the little fox, anything on the team except Bisharp and Crobat will do the trick.
Weavile:
My understanding is that a lot of Weaviles run Ice Punch/Ice Shard/Low Kick/Pursuit, meaning that Slowbro is a deceptively good switch in. Night Slash wielding versions fair much better against Slowbro. While I don't encounter Weavile often, the ones I've run into are outsped by Rotom, making for an easy revenge.
Wobbuffet:
Wobbuffet is a silly Pokemon. Obviously it's easy to lose stuff against him, but I'm usually unafraid to have Bisharp go in for a boost. If nothing else, this can keep going to slowly eliminate the rest of Wobbuffet's team and finally take him down.
Xatu:
Honestly, this team isn't super annoyed by Xatu, although the reflection of Thunder Wave and Toxic can be painful. Rotom, Bisharp, and even Donphan can all take Xatu down.
Yanmega:
Yanmega is tricky; since neither of the team's priority users can really withstand Yanmega's attacks, getting Stealth Rock up on a team wielding Yanmega is of utmost importance. Once Yanmega's health is down, Donphan or Bisharp can priority it to death.
Zapdos:
Defensive Zapdos can be a real challenge for this team. While Rotom is normally the go-to switch for Electric/Fire attackers, Zapdos can shrug off both Overheat and Thunderbolt. Really the only option I have is to Toxic with Chansey, but Zapdos users who are liberal with Substitutes make this quite hard.
Zoroark:
Crobat's U-turn actually does a hilarious amount of damage to the frail Zoroark. Chansey also has an easy time walling him, even after a Nasty Plot. I have yet to see a Zoroark use a physical move, but were I to encounter one, I imagine that Donphan would be a wise switch-in.

I'd like to thank you all for reading this UU RMT. I'm new to the tier and a fairly inexperienced battler overall, and I will happily consider any suggestions you have for this team. Have a nice day! :)

Final Glance

Just 2 small things:

1. You seem to have accidentally listed Ice Fang as Donphan's second move, when you clearly meant to put Ice Shard.

2. When referring to Victini in your Threat List: "Likewise, Rotom's Shadow Ball will take it down." This is inaccurate. Standard Victini with 4 HP EVs is not even 2HKO'd 100% of the time. See for yourself: 309 Atk vs 236 Def & 342 HP (80 Base Power): 150 - 178 (43.86% - 52.05%)

Just 2 small things:

1. You seem to have accidentally listed Ice Fang as Donphan's second move, when you clearly meant to put Ice Shard.

2. When referring to Victini in your Threat List: "Likewise, Rotom's Shadow Ball will take it down." This is inaccurate. Standard Victini with 4 HP EVs is not even 2HKO'd 100% of the time. See for yourself: 309 Atk vs 236 Def & 342 HP (80 Base Power): 150 - 178 (43.86% - 52.05%)
You're right on both; I meant Ice Shard (obviously) and Rotom does less than I had thought. In practice, however, a lot of Victini run Life Orb, and if Rotom comes in after a V-create on the revenge, he will be able to get an OHKO sometimes thanks to the defense drop. I realize, however, that this isn't exactly reliable. Slowbro can still take hits reasonably well, but even he is hit hard by V-create. I know it's hard in the current meta to exactly come up with a good answer for Victini outside of CroCune, but do you have any recommendations?

You're right on both; I meant Ice Shard (obviously) and Rotom does less than I had thought. In practice, however, a lot of Victini run Life Orb, and if Rotom comes in after a V-create on the revenge, he will be able to get an OHKO sometimes thanks to the defense drop. I realize, however, that this isn't exactly reliable. Slowbro can still take hits reasonably well, but even he is hit hard by V-create. I know it's hard in the current meta to exactly come up with a good answer for Victini outside of CroCune, but do you have any recommendations?
It's a bit of a long shot sometimes, but I've had success in checking Victini (And even Vulpix, Victini's partner in crime) with Choice Band Houndoom. CB Houndoom's Pursuit will KO even the bulkier variants on the switch, but it still remains a soft check to non-choiced Victini. I've been experimenting with sets and I've settled on one that I like:

Houndoom @ Choice Band
Flash Fire
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty/Naive/Hasty/Lonely
-Pursuit
-Thunder Fang/Hidden Power Grass
-Overheat/Fire Blast
-Sucker Punch

It's an experimental set, and you'd get the same results with Pursuit if you eased on the Attack EVs, but those max Attack Choice Band Sucker Punches can be a god send at times.

It's a bit of a long shot sometimes, but I've had success in checking Victini (And even Vulpix, Victini's partner in crime) with Choice Band Houndoom. CB Houndoom's Pursuit will KO even the bulkier variants on the switch, but it still remains a soft check to non-choiced Victini. I've been experimenting with sets and I've settled on one that I like:

Houndoom @ Choice Band
Flash Fire
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty/Naive/Hasty/Lonely
-Pursuit
-Thunder Fang/Hidden Power Grass
-Overheat/Fire Blast
-Sucker Punch

It's an experimental set, and you'd get the same results with Pursuit if you eased on the Attack EVs, but those max Attack Choice Band Sucker Punches can be a god send at times.
Would you recommend this over Donphan, then? I've been on a bit of a losing streak with this team and Crobat and Donphan are really not holding up, Donphan especially, so I'm looking for replacements.

im very happy with my donphan he can put a real dent in most things. Instead, I use adamant nature and my ev spread is 128 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 128 Def you're welcome to use it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)