SV OU TEAM SUGGESTION - Need To Upgrade Team For New Meta

I found this team on internet somwhere, I don't remember, and it's prety good but I want to upgrade it for the new home Meta, or just upgrade it at all, as not to be left behind, all criticism welcome !

The Team
Capture d’écran 2023-06-03 214429.png

:Breloom: Breloom@ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Breloom is my way of dealing with ground, rock and and dark types alike, he's always been reliable, even after the new ones arrived, he can even spore to guaranty a sleep with his focus sash;
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:Ting-Lu: Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 232 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Heavy Slam
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Ting-Luis my hazard setter, Whirlwind allow him to take away opposing mons,v and he can even put on some chip if he still has health left with Heavy Slam.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
:Gholdengo: Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Make It Rain
- Recover

Gholdengo allow me to block Rapid Spins and Defogs alike, he can even kill most of offensive mons with Nasty PLot - MIR, he has thunderbolt for better coverage and recover to last a bit longer.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:Dragapult: Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Psychic Fangs
- Tera Blast
- U-turn
Dragapult is phisycal, wich make for a bad surprise for the opponent if he's not prepared, IDK what to say about him exept that he hits hard and that it's more than enough.

:Glimmora: Glimmora @ Air Balloon
Ability: Corrosion
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 128 SpD / 132 Spe
Calm Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Spiky Shield

Glimmora has 2 job on this team: Spread Toxic and remove hazards, and he even finds the time to stall with Spiky Shield !

:Volcarona: Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast
- Morning Sun
Volcarona is the set-up sweeper of the team, he just Quiver-Dances 1 or two time and tera's, and thene he just finishes off what remain's of the team.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1875537983
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1871037760
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1868209892
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1867628826

Last edited:
Pretty good team on paper. With that being said and with the Home meta being so new, it's hard to suggest a mon to swap with. I would play around with the team and figure out that for yourself.

Anyway, here are some light suggestions for optimization of what you currently have.

:breloom:
Tera grass --> tera fighting
With the current home meta, tera-fighting boosted mach punch will get you farther than tera grass-boosted bullet seed IMO.

:gholdengo:
Thunderbolt --> Shadow ball
The stab move will get you farther than whatever coverage you may gain from Thunderbolt. If you really want to use Thunderbolt then I would say to swap it with nasty plot but either way, I would have shadow ball and make it rain as your two main attacking moves.

:volcarona:
flamethrower --> fiery dance

It's just better.

GLHF. HAGS. :)

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Is flamethrower getting anything volcarona can't do with fiery dance? I know there's QD boosts already, but I thought fiery dance was standard.
Certain calcs are better with Flamethrower, Fiery Dance started becoming the standard this generation but prior, most Volcs run Flamethrower because of accuracy + power. Fiery Dance in my preference is better in bulkier Volc sets so I think Fiery Dance looks better here.

Pretty good team on paper. With that being said and with the Home meta being so new, it's hard to suggest a mon to swap with. I would play around with the team and figure out that for yourself.

Anyway, here are some light suggestions for optimization of what you currently have.

:breloom:
Tera grass --> tera fighting
With the current home meta, tera-fighting boosted mach punch will get you farther than tera grass-boosted bullet seed IMO.

:gholdengo:
Thunderbolt --> Shadow ball
The stab move will get you farther than whatever coverage you may gain from Thunderbolt. If you really want to use Thunderbolt then I would say to swap it with nasty plot but either way, I would have shadow ball and make it rain as your two main attacking moves.

:volcarona:
flamethrower --> fiery dance

It's just better.

GLHF. HAGS. :)
Thanks for the suggestion man !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)