Programming Team Type Matchup Calculator

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's exactly what it sounds like. It's a visual way to see your team's weakness. I found myself using Marriland's Team Builder a lot, but it didn't show how Fairies fit into the equation and was a pain in the ass to use since you had to input everything manually, so I thought "Hey, I should code something like this" and I did. Here it is:

http://minus056.github.io/mythings/

Known bugs:
  • none atm
To-do list:
  • Abilities like "Levitate" and "Flash Fire" aren't taken into account.
  • No ORAS Megas either. I'm going to do this last since it's the least important.
Where I'm going with this:
  • Calc gives suggestions of a Pokemon/Moves that will provide better defensive synergy for your team.
  • Coverage calc that uses the Pokemon's moves to check if you can hit things or not.
If anyone wants to help me out with anything, feel free! Thanks to Quite Quiet and xfix for fixing up some things!

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I started tinkering a bit with the input box, so I'll probably have something for you tomorrow. This is much handier than Marriland's anyway, since their search option is pretty clunky. If this gets done enough it looks like it will be a lot easier to use.

Just a tip in the future, separate css/html/javascript in different files, or everything gets harder to maintain.

Minus

Alright, spent a little bit of time to finish off coding the overall section. Here's what it means
  • White means you don't have anything that resists this type, but a move from this type doesn't hit any of your Pokemon super effectively either.
  • Light Red means that you're slightly weak here.
  • Dark Red means you're really weak here.
  • Light Blue means you could probably handle this type of attacks.
  • Dark Blue means you can easily handle this type of attacks.
If any more has a more intuitive way of doing this, I'm all ears.

Minus

Sorry for double-posting, but I finished CSS! (yay), but I still have one really big bug that I need to fix. All of the code works fine, it's just that for some reason, overall never turns light red even if it falls into that category (the code is fine, the previous class is replaced with the new one which should make it a different color, but it doesn't). I'm sure it's something incredibly small, but I just can't find it @_@.

Feedback on anything would be great.

Edit: stupid semi colon >:[

Last edited:
Hey! I really like your Calculator. However, I found that it completely ignores Aegislash. Every square is blank. I think you should fix this.

Minus

Hey! I really like your Calculator. However, I found that it completely ignores Aegislash. Every square is blank. I think you should fix this.
Yeah, like I said above, mons with diff formes might not work since they are listed differently in the code. I'll try to fix it when I update with ORAS. Glad you like it!

Yeah, like I said above, mons with diff formes might not work since they are listed differently in the code. I'll try to fix it when I update with ORAS. Glad you like it!
Ok. In the meantime, changing Aegislash for Doublade on the importable should suffice. The same goes for Pokémon like Rotom-Wash (Lanturn) or Landorus-T (Gliscor). Thanks!

Is there any way to do this, but for against the Pokemon in the threatlist (same sort of thing, it would show your major switchin and then all possible switchins, show the KO chances for the possible switchins against the popular sets if you were to press a button to look at it in detail)?
It would definitely save a lot of time as opposed to going in and manually calcing all of my pokemon against the major threats.

Is there any way to do this, but for against the Pokemon in the threatlist (same sort of thing, it would show your major switchin and then all possible switchins, show the KO chances for the possible switchins against the popular sets if you were to press a button to look at it in detail)?
It would definitely save a lot of time as opposed to going in and manually calcing all of my pokemon against the major threats.
Try bReakMyTeam.

Minus

That's the plan but you can use bReakMyTeam in the meantime I guess

Minus

i think formes aren't working in this calculator.

shaymin-sky didn't work, landorus-therian didn't work and kyurem-black didn't wrok either
I'm aware, just too lazy to care enough to change (but ill get to it!...some day...). change it to Kyurem-B or Rotom-H etc, try all the variations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)