Team United

TEAM UNITED

I am a Manchester United fan, and yes, they have not been at their best this season, but "win lose or tie mu till i die". Anyway, all of my mons are based after and named after United players no shit right?. Let's get to business.

It's been quite a while since I have done a RMT, and hence thought my OU team that had a 23-0 streak would be a good one to post about. I'd also love some suggestions. The present team came to be after a lot of trial and error with almost all mega mons making the rank. Pinsir will be my absolute favourite but did not have a good synergy with the others. Anyway, lets get to it.

Here is my team at a glance:

FERROTHORN

Does this guy even need an introduction? He was an absolute beast back in B&W and even in this gen, I think he is an absolute threat. I don't use my Ferro like how many others do - yes I do set up with it but I prefer something that doesn't absolutely sit duck when the opponent is taking advantage and setting up. My solution? No, not to invest a lot in attack and make it an attacker but rather take advantage of a very useful move it already has, GYRO BALL. Yes, with the already slow speed and equipped with Curse it absolutely shits on the fast mons that occupy this generation. Also, since it efficiently takes hits from most +1 priority moves (including the menacing Aqua Jet from Azu and Bullet Punch from Scizor), it also helps to set up in front of them thanks to an increased defense.

There is no doubt that this guy is like the Pokémon version of a goal keeper, hence the name

David de Gea (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Curse​

HEATRAN

Yet another monster from B&W era, I used it as an all out sweeper in my TR team with specs equipped and I absolutely could not leave it out of my team. And in no way is it frail. In fact, it covers up the weakness of 3 of my Pokémon against fire with Flash Fire, and with that SpA it can absolutely tear anyone up. But I still haven't got the opportunity to test all its attacking prowess in this team. This mon also acts as an effective counter against Talonflame, yet another excessively used mon this generation, and against Charizard. And just to deal with those that have Earthquake I gave it an Air Balloon. Yes, it can't do much damage to Charizard but if it turns out to be a Charizard-X then I can absolutely rip through it with Earth Power. Will-o-Wisp is for those annoying attackers, since it effectively handicaps them and allows the other team mates to stand up against them . Fire blast is, well, you cant have a fire mon with great SpA go to waste right? Dragon pulse is to counter against Outrage locked dragons.

Paul Scholes was one of my all time favourite players of United ever. There is no other effective player who has an absolute amazing defense but can also attack like hell. And Heatran in a way is somewhat like him, and yes I know he retired don't take me for a nub

Paul Scholes (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp​

DRAGONITE

What do I say about this guy? I mean really, with that amazing ability in the form of Multiscale to take half damage and survive against a blizzard from Kyogre (YOU HEARD ME), and that Weakness policy (I wish we had such a policy in real life) to shake things up there really isn't much any team can do against this once it sets up. Dragon Dance helps cover for its lack of speed and it is usually used in the same turn it is about to get hit at full health from a SE attack. Dragon claw is obvious and Waterfall for those that resist dragon. The last move slot is the one that's confusing between Earthquake and Roost. Why Roost? To help with Multiscale especially if there are entry hazards involved. Why Earthquake? Coverage move. This one I will leave it to you.

Being Flying, it is the best choice against Ground mons since I have a lot of steels on my team.

Why Persie? He is an absolute beast of an attacker :* and I love both of them.

Robin van Persie (Dragonite) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake​

MAWILE

I am not feeling as lazy as usual, and for the first time I am writing so much. Motivated minds can do wonders I think. Another mon that needs no introduction and another mon alongside Dragonite that can bring ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION. I was confused as to what it should be called. The star of last year's season and the wonder kid that can absolutely turn matches around or the man with catch phrase "GIGGS WILL TEAR YOU APART AGAIN". I went with the wonder kid lol.

Being fairy and steel (2 very defensive types in my opinion), it is ideal for a quick set up like Swords Dance, after which there is very little the opponent can do given that you do have Huge Power and with Sucker Punch equipped all you need is a good brain for prediction. Fire Fang for Steel and Play Rough for smartarses who think I will use Sucker Punch. EAT THAT WILL YA?

Javier Hernández Balcázar (Mawile) (M) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang​

SYLVEON

I'm tired now, so lets wrap this up quick. Why Sylveon? I need a mon with good typing that can support a team AND kill those guys who think a substitute will help them. YES HYPER VOICE.

I don't really need to say much about this guy, but yes I initially had Blissey on for Aromatherapy but that did not work out well.

It looks weird doesn't it? No, it does not look cute v_v It look like Jones doing one of his weird faces while concentrating hard on his play. And that's what Sylveon is. A hard worker ;)

Phil Jones (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell​

AEGISLASH

Stance Change is what changed my view on the game. A mon that can defend as well as attack like a spartan. WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED? Prediction, yes. This mon is a game of prediction. Nothing else. King's Shield being the main move to think about and play mind games with the opponent. And to spice things up, I went mixed.

Evra is the perfect name for it. Since it both defends and sweeps when you most need it (thank you for that amazing goal against Munich :*). But in all seriousness, this guy is a very important member of the team and anything you guys can add will be appreciated. Also, I did think about going special with Shadow Ball and all but I need a fighting move on my team and Sacred Sword with that attack is an absolute killer.

Patrice Evra (Aegislash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 12 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword​

That's it I guess, hope you guys like it and yes, do give me your valuable suggestions on it. And last but not the least, I don't take any credit for any of the artwork, thank you to all who made it.

working on threat list

Last edited:
I'd replace Curse on Ferrothorn with Leech Seed, as even after a boost it will not take physical Fire and Fighting attacks well. Leech Seed or even Rest (with new sleep mechanics and a presence of a cleric on this team) are better, more reliable options. Since Heatran has Earth Power, you're gonna want to speed creep your Heatran enough to outrun other ones so you can strike them with Earth Power after Tranner's balloon is broken; maybe run up to 128 speed to outrun Taunt Heatran. I'd also run ExtremeSpeed over Waterfall on Dragonite, since even after a Dragon Dance, scarfers can outpace and revenge you. ESpeed lets you pick off weakened ones.

You could try Substitute over Swords Dance and Focus Punch over Fire Fang on Mawile since it forces switches so well. Up to you though, nice team!

Hello there. I'm no football guru, but I think I can give you helpful advice about this team lol
  • Ferrothorn- Curse is quite inconsistent. You'd rather have Leech Seed > Curse there to have half decent recovery because Leftovers is prone to being Knocked Off.
  • Heatran- I honestly didn't know this thing gets Dragon Pulse. But anyway, you shouldn't be staying in on Garchomp, Haxorus and Dragonite especially when Air Balloon is broken as most do tend to carry EQ. I suggest Ancient Power / Flash Cannon > Dragon Pulse. Ancient Power hits YZard and Talonflame while Flash Cannon gives you a Steel STAB to poke Fairies that may hinder Dragonite from sweeping.
  • Dragonite- First, move those 4 HP EVs to Def or SDef to hit an odd number in HP. This allows Dragonite to switch in on SR 4 times at most. This applies for all pokes weak to SR (unless you run Berries I guess). WP Dragonite needs all the coverage it can get to nail potential walls. Waterfall's not bad as it nails Gliscor. For the fourth moveslot, I discourage the use of Roosts as it limits you to only 2 attacking moves. I suggest Earthquake / Extremespeed > Roost. Earthquake deals with those Steel types while Extremespeed provides you with a form of priority. Fire Punch is also a good option to nail opposing Ferrothorn and Skarmory but Heatran already covers them both.
  • Mawile- Pretty standard moveset. No comments there. I'd suggest you change the spread to 132 HP / 252+ Atk / 124 Spd as this puts you ahead of 0 Spd base 70s (Scizor).
  • Sylveon- Again, a standard moveset so no comments there. I suggest you explain those EVs in the description so others will be able to rate your team better.
  • Aegislash- Okay here we go. Aegislash sets are pretty hard to rate tbh as it's a pretty flexible poke. The only problem I have with physically inclined Aegislash is that they're walled by Mandibuzz and are very Foul Play-able. I suggest trying to hit harder from the special side, going with a spread of 240 HP / 12 Def / 252+ SAtk and a Quiet Nature. 12 Def guarantees you live Landog's EQ while doing a shit ton to it with Shadow Ball. This is purely an opinion that you can ignore. If your current Aegislash spread is doing well, then keep it by all means. I also suggest you look up different spreads that may suit your playstyle
  • I think you should put a threat list lol.
Other than that, good team! Hope I helped and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)