Project Teambuilding Competition [Unranked Yes, Unexplored Probably]

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hey, figured I'd make one of these as every format seems to have one. Planning on having this last about a week for each mon, followed by a week of voting, and have one go up every month.

Rules are simple. I'll give you a mon to build around, y'all will have 1 week to build a team around it, post it here (replays encouraged), and then there will be a week of voting. Also don't steal other's teams and post them as your own.

I'll aim to have a new mon up sometime in the second week of every month.

-------------

Unranked Yes, Unexplored Probably

Build a team using an unranked CAP.

Attachments

Last edited:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hall of Fame
:colossoil: :slowking-galar: :tapu-fini: :tornadus-therian: :ferrothorn: :tomohawk:
Colossoil @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss
- Scald

Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 28 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Rabia:
Necturna (F) @ Power Herb
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance

Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

Cawmodore @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Bullet Punch
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Weavile @ Wide Lens
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Last edited:

AV Colossoil Bulky Offense
(Click the Sprites above for the Pokepaste)
Usually I tend to build Balance, but Bulky Offense is a much better fit for (AV) Colossoil, so I thought I'd just step out of my comfort zone for this one. I decided to put the descriptions in spoilers to keep the threat cleaner. (Make sure to close each spoiler before opening the next one, otherwise the table will behave funky).

:colossoil::aegislash::moltres::rillaboom::krilowatt::clefable:
I started off by deciding on a Colossoil set. While FO is powerful, it also has tremendous trouble with the omnipresent Tomohawk, and fast offensive threats like Pheromosa and Urshifu, who outspeed, resist Sucker Punch, and threaten to OHKO Colossoil with moves that you also don't really want to switch into with most other team members.
The only niche I could really see for Colossoil is as a physical counter to Spectrier. It doesn't care about potential Calm Mind boosts, and Will-O-Wisp doesn't hinder its ability to do its job. I really wanted it to specialize in this role, so I opted for an Assault Vest set. Offensive Colossoil without AV can switch in exactly once vs Choice Specs Spectrier, before getting 2HKOd the next time.
Earthquake / High Horsepower, Knock Off, and U-turn are mandatory on AV Colossoil in my opinion. Options for the last slot are Fake Out, Rapid Spin, and Sucker Punch. Colossoil has a pretty bad MU vs common hazard setters like Tomohawk or Clefable, so I rather wanted to have my removal somewhere else. Having back up removal can be nice, but given AV Colossoil's mediocre MU vs offensive teams, I wanted to mitigate that issue somewhat, by opting for Sucker Punch in the last slot.
The Speed EVs are there for modest Heatran, and the leftover EVs after maxing out Attack were put in HP and SpDef in a way that compromises between highest overall bulk and taking Spectrier Shadow Balls as comfortably as possible (252 SpA Choice Specs Spectrier Shadow Ball vs. 72 HP / 72 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 84-99 (19.7 - 23.2%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Stealth Rock)
This meta is so filled with threats, that you need some solid role compression. Some of the major things giving Colossoil trouble are Tomohawk, Jumbao, and Pheromosa. Aegislash handles them super well (unless they carry niche coverage moves), and punished them by firing on extremely strong hits. Additionally it lives a +6 hit from non Knock Off Cawmodore, which otherwise gives BO teams with Clefable decent trouble. The main reason I opted for a special set was Tomohawk, but it also allows it to switch into Scalds from the Slow-twins and Tapu Fini if needed.
I mentioned the need for role compression before. Moltres falls into this line of thinking, providing not only Hazard removal with a decent MU vs some of our hazard setters, but it also serves as additional check to Pheromosa, and annoyance for Urshifu and Cawmodore (yes, I am a bit paranoid when it comes to Cawmodore...). Moltres also covers Heatran (who potentially outspeed Colossoil), Rillabom (which can be a pain vs BO), Equilibra / Doom Desire (Aegislash is a Doom Desire resist, but obviously doesn't want to take Earth Powers), and Melmetal, as well as some Magearna sets, Ferrothorn, and Jumbao (which should now be covered sufficiently... poor guy). The only loss I experienced with this team was to a Dragon Dance Pyroak. Defensively Moltres would cover it, but it can't touch it. I personally think that's fine though - as mentioned, the meta is so full of threats, that covering everything is pretty rare - and DD Pyroak is not something I prioritize.
This team is quite slow for a BO team, so I was looking for some strong Priority. Rillaboom has some of the strongest priority in the game, while also covering Tapu Fini, Krilowatt, Swampert, Equilibra, and most Walls (Clefable, Slow-twins, Toxapex, Blissey - just don't switch into a Scald if you can avoid it). Additionally Grassy Terrain provides recovery, which both Colossoil and Aegislash appreciate. Rain is usually a pretty tough MU for BO teams like these, so Rillaboom helps out with those as well.
So far the team can't really handle Tomohawk super well, and some things like Mandibuzz and Moltres haven't been covered at all. Krilowatt takes care of that, while also bumping up the overall speed a bit, and forming a pretty powerful volt turn core with Rillaboom (mostly just getting annoyed by Ferrothorn). And like Rillaboom, Krilowatt makes the Rain MU more bearable.
Clefable rounds the team out, bringing Stealth Rock to the table (being one of the best setters vs common removal). Clefable gives us another tool vs Tomohawk, Urshifu, and Pheromosa - which are all threats that you want to cover with multiple Pokemon, in order to not get overwhelmed. Additionally it helps to remove items like Heavy-Duty Boots and Rocky Helmet from a variety of annoying Pokemon (notably Astrolotl and the legendary birds)

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam
- Shadow Sneak

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 72 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Horsepower
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 28 SpD / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Scorching Sands
- Defog
- Roost

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Krilowatt @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
So far the team is 11-1 in tests (losing to the mentioned Dragon Dance Pyroak). I will test some more, to identify possible holes, and maybe find some good replays to showcase how it functions. Feel free to give it a try, and have fun!

Last edited:

AV Colossoil Bulky Offense
(Click the Sprites above for the Pokepaste)
Usually I tend to build Balance, but Bulky Offense is a much better fit for (AV) Colossoil, so I thought I'd just step out of my comfort zone for this one. I decided to put the descriptions in spoilers to keep the threat cleaner. (Make sure to close each spoiler before opening the next one, otherwise the table will behave funky).

:colossoil::aegislash::moltres::rillaboom::krilowatt::clefable:
I started off by deciding on a Colossoil set. While FO is powerful, it also has tremendous trouble with the omnipresent Tomohawk, and fast offensive threats like Pheromosa and Urshifu, who outspeed, resist Sucker Punch, and threaten to OHKO Colossoil with moves that you also don't really want to switch into with most other team members.
The only niche I could really see for Colossoil is as a physical counter to Spectrier. It doesn't care about potential Calm Mind boosts, and Will-O-Wisp doesn't hinder its ability to do its job. I really wanted it to specialize in this role, so I opted for an Assault Vest set. Offensive Colossoil without AV can switch in exactly once vs Choice Specs Spectrier, before getting 2HKOd the next time.
Earthquake, Knock Off, and U-turn are mandatory on AV Colossoil in my opinion. Options for the last slot are Fake Out, Rapid Spin, and Sucker Punch. Colossoil has a pretty bad MU vs common hazard setters like Tomohawk or Clefable, so I rather wanted to have my removal somewhere else. Having back up removal can be nice, but given AV Colossoil's mediocre MU vs offensive teams, I wanted to mitigate that issue somewhat, by opting for Sucker Punch in the last slot.
The Speed EVs are there for modest Heatran, and the leftover EVs after maxing out Attack were put in HP and SpDef in a way that compromises between highest overall bulk and taking Spectrier Shadow Balls as comfortably as possible (252 SpA Choice Specs Spectrier Shadow Ball vs. 72 HP / 72 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 84-99 (19.7 - 23.2%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Stealth Rock)
This meta is so filled with threats, that you need some solid role compression. Some of the major things giving Colossoil trouble are Tomohawk, Jumbao, and Pheromosa. Aegislash handles them super well (unless they carry niche coverage moves), and punished them by firing on extremely strong hits. Additionally it lives a +6 hit from non Knock Off Cawmodore, which otherwise gives BO teams with Clefable decent trouble. The main reason I opted for a special set was Tomohawk, but it also allows it to switch into Scalds from the Slow-twins and Tapu Fini if needed.
I mentioned the need for role compression before. Moltres falls into this line of thinking, providing not only Hazard removal with a decent MU vs some of our hazard setters, but it also serves as additional check to Pheromosa, and annoyance for Urshifu and Cawmodore (yes, I am a bit paranoid when it comes to Cawmodore...). Moltres also covers Heatran (who potentially outspeed Colossoil), Rillabom (which can be a pain vs BO), Equilibra / Doom Desire (Aegislash is a Doom Desire resist, but obviously doesn't want to take Earth Powers), and Melmetal, as well as some Magearna sets, Ferrothorn, and Jumbao (which should now be covered sufficiently... poor guy). The only loss I experienced with this team was to a Dragon Dance Pyroak. Defensively Moltres would cover it, but it can't touch it. I personally think that's fine though - as mentioned, the meta is so full of threats, that covering everything is pretty rare - and DD Pyroak is not something I prioritize.
This team is quite slow for a BO team, so I was looking for some strong Priority. Rillaboom has some of the strongest priority in the game, while also covering Tapu Fini, Krilowatt, Swampert, Equilibra, and most Walls (Clefable, Slow-twins, Toxapex, Blissey - just don't switch into a Scald if you can avoid it). Additionally Grassy Terrain provides recovery, which both Colossoil and Aegislash appreciate. Rain is usually a pretty tough MU for BO teams like these, so Rillaboom helps out with those as well.
So far the team can't really handle Tomohawk super well, and some things like Mandibuzz and Moltres haven't been covered at all. Krilowatt takes care of that, while also bumping up the overall speed a bit, and forming a pretty powerful volt turn core with Rillaboom (mostly just getting annoyed by Ferrothorn). And like Rillaboom, Krilowatt makes the Rain MU more bearable.
Clefable rounds the team out, bringing Stealth Rock to the table (being one of the best setters vs common removal). Clefable gives us another tool vs Tomohawk, Urshifu, and Pheromosa - which are all threats that you want to cover with multiple Pokemon, in order to not get overwhelmed. Additionally it helps to remove items like Heavy-Duty Boots and Rocky Helmet from a variety of annoying Pokemon (notably Astrolotl and the legendary birds)

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam
- Shadow Sneak

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Bold Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Scorching Sands
- Defog
- Roost

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Krilowatt @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
So far the team is 11-1 in tests (losing to the mentioned Dragon Dance Pyroak). I will test some more, to identify possible holes, and maybe find some good replays to showcase how it functions. Feel free to give it a try, and have fun!
I’m just going to make one suggestion and then skedaddle. You should really put High Horsepower on Colossoil due to Grassy Surge.

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'll post my W1 Snake Draft team cause it worked wonders for me. Scarf Colo Balance

:Colossoil: : Colossoil might not seem like the strongest scarfer, but he provides a few things that others can't. Specifically, he checks both Cawmadore and Spectrier, which no other mon can do. Foul Play is a great way to revenge kill Cawmadore, even through screens, and this is the only physical dark type that doesn't care about wisp from Spectrier. Stone Edge was dropped for Foul Play because more often than not clicking Knock Off was better, and if a Flame Body activates because of it, it benefits Colo for the long run.
:Zapdos: : Since the Colo is running Foul Play, it frees up Zapdos to run a more offensive set. This in turn allows Zapdos to better answer mons that might otherwise be troublesome for Colo, like Tornadus, Ferrothorn, Rillaboom, and most bulky waters. I've found that 3 attack Zapdos can be very difficult to deal with. Since Colossoil can struggle into rain, Zapdos is additionally beneficial for the pressure it applies to rain teams. With this spread, Zapdos can KO a Ferrothorn with Hurricane into Heat Wave in rain, depending on the Ferro spread, which greatly helps alleviate the mons that threaten Colo.
:Clefable: : This is your standard Clefable. Knock Off was chosen to get appreciable chip on a variety of threats as well as to remove Rocky Helmets from mons that would otherwise chip Colo.
:Pheromosa: : Pheromosa is pretty standard on teams these days, and it's no different for this one. I personally think that HDB is terrible, and that LO is only really good on QD sets, so I went Protective Pads here to better alleviate the matchup into Landorus-T and Tomohawk, both of which can run Helmet, and Zapdos. Those are also mons that give Colo issues, as it doesn't appreciate helmet chip or paralysis.
:Equilibra: : Of course the most splashable mon in the cap metagame makes it on to the team. Since the team as a whole isn't particularly weak to entry hazards and the rest of the team is fairly offensive, this is more of a bulky spinner set for Libra. Libra gives the team an excellent fairy check and switch in, and the pressure of Scarf Colo combined with Doom Desire can be very hard to contain.
:Tapu Fini: : This is the jam that makes the team work. This Fini set is a rain check, Mosa answer, and a wincon all rolled into one. Colo does a spectacular job of pressuring mons that can put a stop to CM Fini's shenanigans like Mollux, Galarian Slowking, and (pjab)Toxapex, while Zapdos usually takes care of the rest. In turn, CM Fini provides the team with a surefire way to win against stall and, if it's counters have been sufficiently weakened, a surefire way to win most games.

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1237362823

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 96 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Knock Off

Colossoil @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Foul Play

Pheromosa @ Protective Pads
Ability: Beast Boost
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Equilibra @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 4 SpA / 84 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Flash Cannon

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss
- Surf

Last edited:

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
subbing at the buzzer, sure, but here's a colo team that i've been off again on again working on over the week. No great replays cause I have choked literately every single winning endgame away with it, but it's been solid so far.

:colossoil: :slowking-galar: :tapu fini: :tornadus-therian: :ferrothorn: :tomohawk: click these

The team originally spawned from wanting to use Protect+Toxic Colo after seeing it used in a W1 Snake game with Future Sight. Slowking-G was another mon I wanted to use as of late, so that became the Future Sight-er. It quickly took on a bit more of a balanced backbone: Torn T fit well as removal, CM Fini had good type synergy with the team and provided a wincon after things had been weakened by King, Torn and Colo. Ferro helped patched up weaknesses to Kril and other waters while helping in the hazards game, and Tomo answered some of the bigger offensive threats left like Urshifu. It's 100 percent not something typical of my builds to play out this way, and that's probably part of why I've had a rougher time piloting it, but it does feel strong, and it's been fun building a bit outside my comfort zone.

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
1608155175943.png
1608155209683.png
1608159094223.png
1608155277735.png
1608155285003.png
1608155289558.png

Colossoil Soft Rain
importable

I ended up building good few teams featuring Colossoil over the past week, and while I can't accurately speak to the this one's consistency because I skimped on testing, it's probably the most unique and fun team I ended up making and I believe it showcases Colossoil's strengths quite well. I think it at least provides a good example of a time when you'd actually want to use Colossoil over something that's generally more viable or splashable, as Colo has been pretty valuable to this build in the limited sample size of games that I played.

Getting into the team-
First mon is Pelipper because it's a rain team and is mandatory. Barraskewda and Zapdos fill out the rain core, with both of them offering insane wallbreaking potential. Barraskewda often finds itself pivoting out on water resists like Toxapex or Slowbro which makes it easy to bring in Zapdos, and Zapdos is usually able check threats to Barra like Rillaboom or even stuff like Melmetal. They've got great synergy together and are really frightening for the majority of builds you'll run into. Clefable sets rocks, is a check to Urshifu and Pheromosa, and can also knock the item off of things such as Toxapex and Ferrothorn which is invaluable for a team like this one.
Before talking about Colo's role on this team specifically, I just want to mention what I've noticed its typical strengths and weaknesses are and what I think some of its best sets are because it's a very unexplored mon and there doesn't seem to be a great consensus on what it's most useful for. Honestly, Colossoil is at or below average in any single role, especially offensive ones. These offensively-aimed sets compete massively with better breakers like Urshifu and Rillaboom and just generally don't pull their weight. Even as a hazard remover, it doesn't really beat any rockers and is susceptible to every entry hazard. Where I think Colossoil excels, though, is in its great ability to compress roles, and is also good at abusing very specific things by chipping them down with toxic or using them to pivot into breakers. It's because of this that I think Assault Vest and protect+toxic are its two best sets.

I know a lot of people aren't that fond of AV sets, but I've really enjoyed using AV here because the extra bulk lets it be a volt blocker, a Spectrier answer, and hazard removal, all of which are essential to basically any team that isn't hyper offense- while it's poor at these roles individually, it's made up for by not having to use two/three separate mons to fill these roles, ultimately affording more freedom in my other teamslots. The EVs here outspeed neutral base 85's and anything below, with enough attack to 2hko a lefties-less Clefable if the guts boost activates. 252 spdf is so that it be a soft check to things like Heatran and Latios much more consistently. Colo is also great for this team because it makes it trivially easy to bring in the rain breakers by pivoting out on Clefable and Tomohawk. Colossoil should never really be the first thing anyone considers when looking for an elec immunity or hazard remover, but it absolutely has a niche. Bulky protox sets also do a lot of similar things to AV, essentially trading the ability to remove hazards and pivot for the ability to wear down Tomo/other fat birds and scout choice users, which comes in handy surprisingly often.

Moving on to the last team member, AV Glowking checks a huge number of special attackers like specs Magearna, CM Fini, Krilowatt, and is a great pivot into Toxapex and Clef if you don't mind losing your vest. Future sight pairs really well with Colossoil and Barraskewda too. Scald is run over hydro pump because a lot of the time it'll be rain boosted anyways and burns are OP. I wasn't totally sure what benchmarks I wanted to hit, but its EVs speed creep Pex, make timid Nidoking EP do 66% max, let it take two psyshocks from LO Latios as well as an EQ from 0 atk Landorus after rocks, and the rest is dumped in spa.

Tbh I think there are some mons that 6-0 this team like vincune and I don't really know how the stall or HO matchup fares but the team was at least fun for me to use in a few roomtour matches and like I said I think it makes a strong case for what kind of niche Colossoil is best in. Because I built a few extras though, here are two bonus teams which are of unknown quality because I tested them even less than the one I chose to be my submission but were at least pretty enjoyable for me to make:
(click sprites for import)
:colossoil::toxapex::tomohawk::magearna::cinderace::pajantom:
Team built around AV Colo, Pex is there because they have phenomenal defensive synergy and Tomohawk rounds out the defensive core while providing hazards. Magearna is a great partner to Colossoil because Colo easily pivots out of Clef and Tomo which are both abused by Mage. Cinderace has great offensive synergy with Magearna and those two+Colossoil form a strong pivoting core, plus I needed a fastmon and I thought it fit well. Pajantom rounds out the team as a soft check to mons like Heatran, Zapdos/Moltres, etc and gives a way to wear down and potentially eliminate an opposing Tomohawk so that Cinderace and Colo have more freedom.

:colossoil::cinderace::clefable::tomohawk::slowking::rillaboom:
A similar structure to the team above, I built this around protox Colossol and bulk up Cinderace as I hadn't used BU Ace in forever and this Colossoil set gave me a good way to wear down Tomohawk which is one of Ace's biggest hurdles. The EVs outspeed max speed Magearna and some Moltres sets, with full spdf bulk and enough HP to hit a leftovers number. Rest is dumped in attack to hit hard. Defensive core of Clef/Tomo/Slowking is able to check most stuff right now especially when supported by Colossoil being a ghost check and volt blocker. Future sight from Slowking also has some really cool synergy with protect on Colossoil that was showcased in the wulf vs jay snake game last week. Finally Rillaboom gives a little extra speed control with grassy glide and allows me a way to immediately pressure Clefable and Pex which the team somewhat struggles with otherwise, and also provides extra recovery to Colo/other teammates which can be super valuable.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
Yo, sorry, was travelling yesterday which I forgot to keep in mind when setting deadlines:
:aegislash: :clefable: :colossoil: :moltres: :rillaboom: :krilowatt:
Aegislash @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam
- Shadow Sneak

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- High Horsepower
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Bold Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Scorching Sands
- Defog
- Roost

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Krilowatt @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

:zapdos: :clefable: :colossoil: :pheromosa: :equilibra: :tapu-fini:
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 96 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Knock Off

Colossoil @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Foul Play

Pheromosa @ Protective Pads
Ability: Beast Boost
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Equilibra @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 4 SpA / 84 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Flash Cannon

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss
- Surf

:colossoil: :slowking-galar: :tapu-fini: :tornadus-therian: :ferrothorn: :tomohawk:
Colossoil @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss
- Scald

Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 28 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

:pelipper: :barraskewda: :zapdos: :clefable::colossoil: :slowking-galar:
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Flip Turn

EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn

EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 64 SpA / 48 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Scald

Voting is now starting:

Vote for one of the following:
85Percent
dex18
SHSP
2spoopy4u

quziel

I am the Scientist now
New Year, New Moves

Week 2 is up; you have until the 7th to build teams.

This week is simple; use one of the newly added IoA tutor moves on the team you submit, whether its Corrosive Gas Mollux, Poltergeist Kitsunoh, Dual Wingbeat Syclant, or any of the other new ones.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)