Teams not saving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I recently built a new computer and I'm having trouble with Pokemon Showdown. My primary drive is my SSD and my secondary my HDD, which Pokemon Showdown is installed to. The problem is, though, if I close Showdown, my teams disappear, forcing me to use text backups of them all and put my teams in every time I launch the game. When I go to teambuilder and click "Reveal teams folder", it pops up with an error titled "undefined" and says "Windows cannot find 'undefined'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I'm sure it has something to do with the pathing and how I have it installed on my D drive when it tries to save the teams on my C drive. Is there a way to reroute the pathing? Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I had spent time searching the forums about my issue and was unable to find a solution.
Thanks!

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Have you cleared your cookies? that deletes your teams (also make sure they're enabled).

In future post your problems here instead of making a thread

No I didn't clear my cookies..I'm not even playing in the browser. The teams just disappear due to them not being saved properly.

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
Are you playing on the same internet browser?

If you make a team on firefox then move to google chrome it wont transfer over

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
From what I've seen, people using the downloadable version of Showdown tend to have issues saving teams. I'm not sure what you could do to fix this besides switching to the browser version.

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The teams often disappearing from the downloadable version is a known issue; make a backup text file with your teams and update it frequently or just play on the browser

So I was looking around online as I have the same problem. If this is such a known issue, why hasn't it been fixed yet? This post is a year old :/

So I was looking around online as I have the same problem. If this is such a known issue, why hasn't it been fixed yet? This post is a year old :/
It's not as common as you think, normally if you don't clear your history or cookies often you'll never have this problem. And if you do clear that stuff often you should really look into saving your teams in a notepad on your desktop so you can easily import them back.

Sometimes when you clear your history, the browser clears the cookies as well. Make sure nothing is clearing your cookies. (for example, there is a plugin that clears cookies, cache, and history when you exit your browser)

It's not as common as you think, normally if you don't clear your history or cookies often you'll never have this problem. And if you do clear that stuff often you should really look into saving your teams in a notepad on your desktop so you can easily import them back.
The OP said he's not using the browser version. Neither am I. It just seems odd this has gone uncorrected for so long. I do actually save my teams in a word doc, but it is annoying having to load them every time.

Hello, I recently built a new computer and I'm having trouble with Pokemon Showdown. My primary drive is my SSD and my secondary my HDD, which Pokemon Showdown is installed to. The problem is, though, if I close Showdown, my teams disappear, forcing me to use text backups of them all and put my teams in every time I launch the game. When I go to teambuilder and click "Reveal teams folder", it pops up with an error titled "undefined" and says "Windows cannot find 'undefined'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I'm sure it has something to do with the pathing and how I have it installed on my D drive when it tries to save the teams on my C drive. Is there a way to reroute the pathing? Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I had spent time searching the forums about my issue and was unable to find a solution.
Thanks!
this problem has been happening to me too! its so annoying and im using the downloaded version as well, sure i could use the internet version. but i like to to stream using the downloadable one :/ and it makes me so mad that people say to make sure your cookies are not deleting, were are NOT using the browser! please stop saying that in this thread. this has been a long problem and isnt fixed. it would be so simple for the devs just to make it use a simple INI file to save teams. why cant they just that :(

Thanks!
I managed to figure out. Though the solution might be pretty technical if you're not using the browser version since the Desktop version does not use cookies, which is what the browser version use to save your teams. Here's how you do it. Pictures included:

Step 1 - Click onto Import/Export.
Step 1.jpg

Step 2 - Highlight the whole thing, then copy it by right clicking or Ctrl + C.
Step 2.png

Step 3 - Open Notepad, then paste that bad boy in there, or use Ctrl + V.
Step 2-5.png

Step 4 - Now the hard part, saving it. You MUST save it as a TXT file in Pokemon Showdown's team files. Now if you can't find it, go to This PC, then in the search bar, type in My Games, and find the folder with that name. Then find Pokemon Showdown's folder, then finally select Teams. Now you need before you actually name the team, you need to use brackets ([ ]) in front and in the brackets you type the format of the team. If it's a box, format, then -box like one of the boxes seen in the images I posted.
Step 3-5.jpg

Step 3.png

I hope this helped! Sorry if I was 7 years late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)