Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

1. Windows 7
  2. Firefox 14.0.1
  3. I've also tried Chrome. Same thing happens.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Level 51
  6. I go onto PS!. It loads normally up until "Connecting to Showdown server..." and it just stops there. I come back in an hour; it's still there.

1. Windows 7
2. Chrome
3. Firefox and Explorer, same result
4. Maybe 2 days ago?
5. Diggidy
6. Same issue as level 51. I get to the 'Connecting to Showdown server...' stage and it hangs there. Usually after somewhere between 10 min and an hour it will give me the 'Disconnect detected' message.
Before this issue my biggest problem was random disconnects every hour or two. Very tolerable. This is worse.

Side note: I left it attempting to connect for several hours at one point, and returned to find the showdown screen wallpapered with red text.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. Windows Vista
2. Chrome
3. Tried Firefox and IE, no change
4. Yesterday
5. shrang and shrang test
6. Same problem as Level 51 and Diggidy. I would try to connect to PS and it would just stay and "Connecting to Showdown server" and stay there. I've tried multiple times, including restarting the computer and stuff, but still there's no response.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Everone above who is unable to get on with Chrome:

I recently had the same problem. I fixed it by disabling my antivirus web shield (I was running Avast security). Having this on can prevent you from accessing Showdown!

1. Operating system Windows 7
  2. (Web Browser) IE9
  3. (Other Browsers?)
  4. (When did this problem start?) Yesterday
  5. (PS username)
  6. (Problem)

Constantly disconnecting

For the past 2 days, every time I have logged on to Showdown I have received a reconnect message after about 20-30 seconds. This happens on every browser I have (Safari, Chrome and Firefox) and during any time of day. My Operating system is Windows 7 and my PS username is Elvanor. Also I have reset my router and turned of my firewall (only things I could think to do) incase of any issue on my end, but it seems to be only this game/website and I can't do anything to stop this. I've tried the method on the 1st page to find an error, but there is no red circle.

Everone above who is unable to get on with Chrome:

I recently had the same problem. I fixed it by disabling my antivirus web shield (I was running Avast security). Having this on can prevent you from accessing Showdown!
Well I'll be jiggered. Screw you, Avast. And thank you Relados. Anyone experiencing connection issues with Showdown should give this a try.

And mine is working for some bizarre reason. I didn't do anything, and now my account (azerty123) is valid. I'll continue using PS now.

1.Operating system Windows 7
2.(Web Browser) IE9
3.(Other Browsers?)Chrome
4.(When did this problem start?) Yesterday
5.(PS username)DDAY
6.(Cant connect frequently)

1. Windows 7
  2. Google Chrome v21, Firefox v14
  3. Happens with all browsers. Opera, Safari, etc.
  4. Happens every time. Only did not occur once.
  5. durp
  6. "Connecting to Showdown server..." displays continuously and does not disappear. Happens on multiple computers across different browser versions and antivirus software. Confirmed to NOT be an issue on mobile browsers, but cannot access chat.

Level 51

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I'm actually using Norton; I have no idea what is going on with this.

Seeya Grand Slam

For the past 2 days, every time I have logged on to Showdown I have received a reconnect message after about 20-30 seconds. This happens on every browser I have (Safari, Chrome and Firefox) and during any time of day. My Operating system is Windows 7 and my PS username is Elvanor. Also I have reset my router and turned of my firewall (only things I could think to do) incase of any issue on my end, but it seems to be only this game/website and I can't do anything to stop this. I've tried the method on the 1st page to find an error, but there is no red circle.
I have been having the same problem. about this time last week when i could actually access PS! i would disconnect after about a minute of being on PS! and then after reconnecting i would disconnect again soon after. Now i cannot access showdown at all. I have tried this on both Safari and Firefox, but tbh i shouldn't have to change browsers just to play pokemon.

EDIT: oops didnt read op :S

1. Operating system: windows 7
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Firefox, the most recent afaik
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: I have tried safari, same thing.
  4. When did this problem start?: about two weeks ago iirc.
  5. Your PS username: I have used a few but the one it auto puts me on if i log in (my most recently used one) should be Idris or ALPINE
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). Kept DC'ing really quickly after getting on, now i cannot access it at all. I get the same thing as Zacch's screenshot.

2. (Web Browser) Rockmelt
3. (Other Browsers?)Google Chrome and Internet Explorer
4. (When did this problem start?) Two days ago.
5. (PS username)Brightest Day
6. (Problem) Same as those above. It seems to stay on connecting for the longest time.

1. Operating system: Windows 7
  2. (Web Browser) Firefox 14(?)
  3. (Other Browsers?) IE, but its not used
  4. (When did this problem start?) Last Friday
  5. (PS username) DNSS
  6. (Problem)
    This problem has been brought up, but I want to add that I can use it fine at work (which has Chrome). I use the same username too.

haunter

Banned deucer.
  2. (Web Browser) IE9
  3. (Other Browsers?)
  4. (When did this problem start?) Yesterday
  5. (PS username)
  6. (Problem)
All of you having this same problem: it's probably due to the fact that PS switched back to socket.io. I had the same problem a couple of days ago and after a long investigation I found out that it was Avast's web shield that was causing the problem. If you run Avast as your antivirus just turn off the web shield before connecting to PS. If you run a different antivirus, it may be either your antivirus or a firewall.

1. Operating system windows 7
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) firefox
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? yes and ie9 chrome, and yes
  4. When did this problem start? today
  5. Your PS username doublenikesocks
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). won't connect to server on this specific computer. other computers in the house work just fine.

Even when I right clicked on avast and clicked "Avast Shields Control" and "Disable for 1 hour" showdown still wont load? I get the same screen as Zacchaeus...

Level 51

I disabled my firewall.
It still doesn't work.
No socket.io whyyyyyyy

haunter

Banned deucer.
I have to turn off my antivirus program in order to play pokemon???? I think something is wrong here.
It's just the web shield, not the whole antivirus. And it was just in avast's case, it's not proved that other antiviruses give the same problem.

I disabled my firewall.
It still doesn't work.
No socket.io whyyyyyyy
Try temporarily disabling your antivirus. Socket.io has proved to be more stable in my case, I haven't got a single random disconnection since PS started to use it again.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hm, tell me more about this socket.io business. I've tried turning off my firewall, turning off my anti-virus web-protection temporarily (I'm using Trend Micro), as well as adding exceptions to the anti-virus software, none of which works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)